Is KAM mission getting fixed before LS Geo?

Prev134
InyakSolomon88
1247 posts Member
edited July 2021
Is CG going to fix the KAM mission in time for LS Geo? We know they can't fix it mid-TB, as they've asserted in the past they can't do such things. I went and checked the dev tracker and it's still being investigated.
velfjwg0e6ys.png

Only a few days left and we still don't have any word on a fix, just CG's promise at the end of the last TB they'd have it fixed for this one. And of course no mention, ever, of any compensation for them breaking the mission in the first place by their own actions. It'd be nice if we customers stopped being punished because of developer screwups. Or, if we're going to be hindered by bugs since they are quite plentiful (and in some instances never seem to get fixed), we could get compensated for those bugs interfering in our gameplay experience.

Replies

• StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    They said they would, so I guess they will? Update day is tomorrow, and p3 isn't for a few days yet. Plenty of time.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    They said they would, so I guess they will? Update day is tomorrow, and p3 isn't for a few days yet. Plenty of time.

they've got lots of stuff listed as ready for release though. Not the KAM mission. And they've said many times in the past that they can't change a mode once it's live (Conquest canceled bc of JKL bugs, LS Geo bugs that they forced us to play through bc they couldn't fix them when LS Geo went live as such examples).
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

they've got lots of stuff listed as ready for release though. Not the KAM mission. And they've said many times in the past that they can't change a mode once it's live (Conquest canceled bc of JKL bugs, LS Geo bugs that they forced us to play through bc they couldn't fix them when LS Geo went live as such examples).

Well, my point stands. Why would you ask this question the day before they're probably going to fix it? Asking now will simply get you what I answered with: they said it would be fixed, and until they miss the deadline there is no reason to suspect otherwise.

Honestly that dev tracker is pretty useless, and "ready to release" doesn't actually mean much of anything.
  • From Doja earlier on Discord:

"Also, the Stand Your Ground bug is still being investigated and turns out there needs to be a client update before that can get fixed. So, we're working on a solution to that as well. Nothing is confirmed, but we may finagle the schedule a bit to get the fix in and run the same amount of events as we normally would during the upcoming period, just with a slightly different cadence. I will be sure to follow up and provide messaging surrounding the changes (if things do in fact get shuffled)."

Looks like if they can't get it fixed before the scheduled start of TB they might just delay it and probably run TW instead
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    1481029356-nooooooo-elf.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • From Doja earlier on Discord:

"Also, the Stand Your Ground bug is still being investigated and turns out there needs to be a client update before that can get fixed. So, we're working on a solution to that as well. Nothing is confirmed, but we may finagle the schedule a bit to get the fix in and run the same amount of events as we normally would during the upcoming period, just with a slightly different cadence. I will be sure to follow up and provide messaging surrounding the changes (if things do in fact get shuffled)."

Looks like if they can't get it fixed before the scheduled start of TB they might just delay it and probably run TW instead

That's depressing, but thanks for the info!!!
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    See….this is what I’m talking about. Why wasn’t that posted here on the office forums? Communication is not hard. If it wasn’t for Panda, most of us wouldn’t know that great bit of info.

Because what Doja posted in that server is not concrete and still ends up giving us more questions

He'll write an official post on this subject in the forums soon, I think he's trying to confirm if the schedule will be shifted around or not, before announcing about it

Rather than have an initial post saying we might shift things around and then another saying they fixed it and no longer delaying TB, in my opinion its better to see if they are able to fix it without delaying TB and announcing that its now fixed instead
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Ultra wrote: »
    See….this is what I’m talking about. Why wasn’t that posted here on the office forums? Communication is not hard. If it wasn’t for Panda, most of us wouldn’t know that great bit of info.

Because what Doja posted in that server is not concrete and still ends up giving us more questions

He'll write an official post on this subject in the forums soon, I think he's trying to confirm if the schedule will be shifted around or not, before announcing about it

Rather than have an initial post saying we might shift things around and then another saying they fixed it and no longer delaying TB, in my opinion its better to see if they are able to fix it without delaying TB and announcing that its now fixed instead

I would welcome more posts from him saying that they are looking into things that matter to the community on a much more frequent basis. Posting a quick initial post wouldn’t take hardly anytime, doesn’t promise anything and let’s us know that they are indeed looking into it, officially…not to mention it would totally eliminate a need for a thread like this. He could then update us, by updating the post, on what they came up with after it’s finalized. To quote Urz “ It’s eeeasy”.

Its doesnt answer this thread, so it would make no difference to this thread existing. It's is a rehash of similar information posted. This question could still appear as there is no answer to it at this moment. It's not hard to see that, so it also is eeeasy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I would welcome more posts from him saying that they are looking into things that matter to the community on a much more frequent basis. Posting a quick initial post wouldn’t take hardly anytime, doesn’t promise anything and let’s us know that they are indeed looking into it, officially…not to mention it would totally eliminate a need for a thread like this. He could then update us, by updating the post, on what they came up with after it’s finalized. To quote Urz “ It’s eeeasy”.

Its doesnt answer this thread, so it would make no difference to this thread existing. It's is a rehash of similar information posted. This question could still appear as there is no answer to it at this moment. It's not hard to see that, so it also is eeeasy.
    "Hia Holotable heroes, LSGTB is coming up soon and the Stand Your Ground bug is still being investigated and turns out there needs to be a client update before that can get fixed. So, we're working on a solution to that as well. Nothing is confirmed, but we may finagle the schedule a bit to get the fix in and run the same amount of events as we normally would during the upcoming period, just with a slightly different cadence. I will be sure to follow up and provide messaging surrounding the changes (if things do in fact get shuffled)or if any compensation will be granted

I added the underlined parts. If he would have posted that yesterday morning, this thread would not exist and all the forums users would be better informed. As I said above, this would not have taken any time, doesn't promise anything and lets everyone know the current status. Sometimes information needs to be rehashed, especially when its something that's important as KAM (who may or may not be an upcoming GL requirement) and besides, that info is 3 weeks old.

The question was, will it be fixed before the event launches. Please underline the part where that is expressly answered, so that this thread would not need to exist.

If it's not promising anything, then no one is better informed than , it's under investigation. All he is saying is it's under investigation in a longer way.

I agree that it can help to rehash information, but that doesnt mean more information was added or that it is helpful in any way towards that actual problem.
  • Kyno wrote: »

"Hia Holotable heroes, LSGTB is coming up soon and the Stand Your Ground bug is still being investigated and turns out there needs to be a client update before that can get fixed. So, we're working on a solution to that as well. Nothing is confirmed, but we may finagle the schedule a bit to get the fix in and run the same amount of events as we normally would during the upcoming period, just with a slightly different cadence. I will be sure to follow up and provide messaging surrounding the changes (if things do in fact get shuffled)or if any compensation will be granted

I added the underlined parts. If he would have posted that yesterday morning, this thread would not exist and all the forums users would be better informed. As I said above, this would not have taken any time, doesn't promise anything and lets everyone know the current status. Sometimes information needs to be rehashed, especially when its something that's important as KAM (who may or may not be an upcoming GL requirement) and besides, that info is 3 weeks old.

The question was, will it be fixed before the event launches. Please underline the part where that is expressly answered, so that this thread would not need to exist.

If it's not promising anything, then no one is better informed than , it's under investigation. All he is saying is it's under investigation in a longer way.

I agree that it can help to rehash information, but that doesnt mean more information was added or that it is helpful in any way towards that actual problem.

I don’t want to speak on behalf of Inyak, but it’s pretty clear from the framing of the OP that they see the start of The next LS TB as a “deadline” for a fix coming in time, because CG has said time and time again that they don’t want to do fixes in the middle of these events. If they don’t fix it before the start of TB, then players would have to do the KAM mission while the bug still persists, which is why Inyak made this thread. Doja’s message doesn’t give a concrete y/n answer but does open the door to the possibility that TB gets rescheduled so they can get the fix in before it runs, which we did not know was a possibility until he said so. So while Doja couldn’t explicitly answer the question, he gave us more information to alleviate some worries that people are having, and I doubt this thread would have been made had he posted something like this on the forum, because then we would just wait for him to come back with more information. If you can’t do simple reading in between the lines and insist on taking everything literally, then I don’t know what else to say
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

I don’t want to speak on behalf of Inyak, but it’s pretty clear from the framing of the OP that they see the start of The next LS TB as a “deadline” for a fix coming in time, because CG has said time and time again that they don’t want to do fixes in the middle of these events. If they don’t fix it before the start of TB, then players would have to do the KAM mission while the bug still persists, which is why Inyak made this thread. Doja’s message doesn’t give a concrete y/n answer but does open the door to the possibility that TB gets rescheduled so they can get the fix in before it runs, which we did not know was a possibility until he said so. So while Doja couldn’t explicitly answer the question, he gave us more information to alleviate some worries that people are having, and I doubt this thread would have been made had he posted something like this on the forum, because then we would just wait for him to come back with more information. If you can’t do simple reading in between the lines and insist on taking everything literally, then I don’t know what else to say

I just want to point out that I don't believe CG considers this a bug. The initial response was that it was WAI, and indeed it does not state that it grants you protection (even though that's how gaining max protection/hp works everywhere else). Based on how they've framed their communication, I think they believe it to be currently correct, and are simply putting the bug back in because they don't want to make the hardest content in the game any harder.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    He said he tried to get a lost out yesterday here, but didnt get it out and we should expect a post today. It still will not answer this question, unless something happened overnight.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He said it's possible, not that they are going to do it, anything is possible. It's also possible that they leave it this way and run the TB as scheduled. It solves/resolves nothing. The question is still valid, and any possibility of changing the schedule doesnt make the start time of LSTB any less of a deadline.

Let's wait and see what actually happens.

He said it's possible, not that they are going to do it, anything is possible. It's also possible that they leave it this way and run the TB as scheduled. It solves/resolves nothing. The question is still valid, and any possibility of changing the schedule doesnt make the start time of LSTB any less of a deadline.

Yes anything is technically possible. It's possible, however unlikely, that they decide tomorrow to randomly delete malak from the game.

I would say the chance of them shifting the schedule to be much higher since they are looking at it as an option. So the comparison of "anything is possible" isn't all that great here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes anything is technically possible. It's possible, however unlikely, that they decide tomorrow to randomly delete malak from the game.

I would say the chance of them shifting the schedule to be much higher since they are looking at it as an option. So the comparison of "anything is possible" isn't all that great here.

Yes, but that's my point this has always been a possibility, but it doesnt answer the question of will it be fixed before the TB runs.

Yes, but that's my point this has always been a possibility, but it doesnt answer the question of will it be fixed before the TB runs.

Yes the calendar shifting is always a possibility but not very likely. But with them considering it, it is much more likely than before. That is good information to have. So there's really nothing wrong with updating us.

I know if tb changes, I'd rather know a bit ahead than be blindsided by it at the last minute.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

Yes the calendar shifting is always a possibility but not very likely. But with them considering it, it is much more likely than before. That is good information to have. So there's really nothing wrong with updating us.

I know if tb changes, I'd rather know a bit ahead than be blindsided by it at the last minute.

Why update us when they can just not say anything at all? Saying nothing is way easier.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Why update us when they can just not say anything at all? Saying nothing is way easier.

The dark side is easier too. Doesn't mean it's the best option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Saying something when they have something that will actually take place is the easiest and least messy.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

Saying something when they have something that will actually take place is the easiest and least messy.

Hard disagree. As has been pointed out to you many times in this thread, coming here to say what they said on the Discord yesterday is not messy or hard. It promises nothing but lets the player base at large know what's going on. I mean, I know that's not usually what they do, but it would certainly be nice if they did.

When's the last time they rescheduled a TB because of a bug that they couldn't get fixed in time? Maybe it's happened before, I don't really remember, but I don't know why you expect us to know that it's a possibility without CG saying so. You can discount it all you want, but several people have already expressed that seeing Doja's message, even without any explicit confirmation of what's going to happen, is better than radio silence because it at least lets us know of the possibility that something like that might happen. Maybe you don't think so, but a heads-up like this is clearly helpful to some people

Also

It's is a rehash of similar information posted.

This is just straight-up false, unless you want to point out where there was indication that TB could possibly delayed if they can't get the bug fixed in time before Doja said what he said on discord. I certainly didn't think it was a possibility just by looking at the dev tracker and seeing that the status is still "Investigating", not when there are bugs in this game that have not been fixed for ages yet CG continues to run events as normal

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Hard disagree. As has been pointed out to you many times in this thread, coming here to say what they said on the Discord yesterday is not messy or hard. It promises nothing but lets the player base at large know what's going on. I mean, I know that's not usually what they do, but it would certainly be nice if they did.

But as in life things dont always work out the way you want. Which is how things get messy, like they are right now.

What would have been cleaner and less messy would be not saying what he said and announcing something when it was a thing (if it becomes one) later.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member

But as in life things dont always work out the way you want. Which is how things get messy, like they are right now.

What would have been cleaner and less messy would be not saying what he said and announcing something when it was a thing (if it becomes one) later.

So you're saying their strategy is to simply never tell us anything at all until they absolutely have to? Despite being asked to do otherwise for almost 6 years?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So you're saying their strategy is to simply never tell us anything at all until they absolutely have to? Despite being asked to do otherwise for almost 6 years?

Easier and less messy, yes.

Look what happens when they try to expand and do things, people get really upset over things that are really non information statements, and will likely be posted here too, just "not quick enough".

I am very serious in saying this seems like one of those real world examples of " this is why we cant have nice things".

That's exactly why I asked. Nice job speaking for me! :smile: