What's Wrong With This Picture? (TW Edition)

Wizzyard
29 posts Member
edited July 2021
Needless to say, we lost. osrhrlu7yvtg.jpg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• What’s wrong is that Kenobi is the Sith Lord we’ve been looking for. You need to proceed carefully if the Jedi Order is to survive
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firstly, there is nothing wrong with that picture, it came out very nice. ;)

Just to be clear this is likely a slight misrepresentation of the data, as your guilds would only ba matched if the numbers were not full, it's important to not information like that to make a clear representation of the data.

Yes matchmaking needs to be looked at, but dont count yourselves out just yet. Give them a good fight, you may be surprised.
  • Wizzyard
    29 posts Member
    Not surprised. They did that about 16 hours ago. I dunno how to check their join numbers, otherwise I'd like to see them.

2hs0vk64o4q4.jpg
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Just to be clear this is likely a slight misrepresentation of the data, as your guilds would only ba matched if the numbers were not full, it's important to not information like that to make a clear representation of the data.

Yes matchmaking needs to be looked at, but dont count yourselves out just yet. Give them a good fight, you may be surprised.

Not sure how this is a misrepresentation of anything? The guild on the right clearly went in with fewer than 50. This is known to cause bad matchups.

And I can tell from the data that unless the guild on the right is a Wakanda style guild, they won pretty easily.
  • Wizzyard wrote: »
    Not surprised. They did that about 16 hours ago. I dunno how to check their join numbers, otherwise I'd like to see them.

2hs0vk64o4q4.jpg

Multiply number of teams per zone by 2 (and possibly subtract 1)
  • Wizzyard
    29 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    "Multiply number of teams per zone by 2 (and possibly subtract 1)"

We both had 20 teams per zone, but my guild had 46 join.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Wizzyard wrote: »
    "Multiply number of teams per zone by 2 (and possibly subtract 1)"

We both had 20 teams per zone, but my guild had 46 join.

You always set teams based on the lower participation number. 20 teams means if you had 46, they had 40 or 41.
  • Wizzyard
    29 posts Member
    Gotcha. I mean, it is what it is, but it still sucks to be 116 GLs vs 46.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Wizzyard wrote: »
    Gotcha. I mean, it is what it is, but it still sucks to be 116 GLs vs 46.

It does. Bottom line is that GP is not really a good indicator of roster strength. Until CG expands on their MM, these matchups will happen. My advice is not to stress so much over it. When it happens, take your free zetas and move on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »

Not sure how this is a misrepresentation of anything? The guild on the right clearly went in with fewer than 50. This is known to cause bad matchups.

And I can tell from the data that unless the guild on the right is a Wakanda style guild, they won pretty easily.

Do you see that stated in the OP? I'm not making a big issue or anything, but players tend to present these types of images as the situation when its actually not, those comparisons are an inaccurate representation and that is not always understood.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

Do you see that stated in the OP? I'm not making a big issue or anything, but players tend to present these types of images as the situation when its actually not, those comparisons are an inaccurate representation and that is not always understood.

Why does it need to be stated in the OP? Everyone knows what happened. Not sure what situation you think it isn't, because it was very clear that the guild on the right went in with less than 50 members.

I just don't understand how the image of the matchup can be a misrepresentation of anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Why does it need to be stated in the OP? Everyone knows what happened. Not sure what situation you think it isn't, because it was very clear that the guild on the right went in with less than 50 members.

I just don't understand how the image of the matchup can be a misrepresentation of anything.

Everyone does not know that, which is my point.

Because literally all the values on the side for the guild with lower number of players is wrong. Isnt it?
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

Because literally all the values on the side for the guild with lower number of players is wrong. Isnt it?

It is common knowledge that going in with fewer than 50 messes up the MM.

And no, none of those numbers are wrong. Why would they be? I have never known HotBot to return incorrect data.
  • StarSon wrote: »

And no, none of those numbers are wrong. Why would they be? I have never known HotBot to return incorrect data.
    Not incorrect, but not necessarily relevant either. Maybe it was 116 GLs v 46 GLs, but it most likely wasn’t. Not all 50 members signed up, so the figures quoted are not the pertinent figures for the TW.

And the OP clearly doesn’t understand that they weren’t up against the whole guild.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member

Not incorrect, but not necessarily relevant either. Maybe it was 116 GLs v 46 GLs, but it most likely wasn’t. Not all 50 members signed up, so the figures quoted are not the pertinent figures for the TW.

And the OP clearly doesn’t understand that they weren’t up against the whole guild.

Of course not, but it's still always a great indicator of how the match is going to go. This is also common knowledge.

And while the OP didn't know how to tell how many they had join, he definitely seemed to understand it wasn't all of them.

But whatever. You guys want to say that the image is a misrepresentation of whatever, and because HotBot doesn't use the joined members for the data to downplay how awful the TW MM is, go right ahead.