Clarification on Poe Opinion

After playing with Poe a bit more, level 52, gear level 6 with 5 of 6 slots equipped, all skills at 3 save leadership, power 2318, I have modified my opinion somewhat. Poe is NOT ideal in GW where survivability is critical, as he does not have a self heal or any damage mitigation. His HP are high but not high enough to compensate and his attacks are... Well... Tank attacks. In this scenario his two round taunt is a hinderance despite the expose benefit as he can't last that long on his own. Chewbacca can if he doesn't have the heal debuff, and his armor is better and he has better mitigation. Whether you should use any tank is s different topic and a matter of preference IMHO.

Now for arena... He's pretty darn good if you understand that he's basically a sacrifice. He's there for his expose and to be a 1.2 round meat shield to protect your others. Don't bother healing him because they enemy will just burn him quick anyways. He buys you enough time to pop a heal to save others (because he gets his action middle to late of the first round) and burn one to two others down depending on crits. I am personally not a super fan of the sacrificial lamb, but when it works it works. If you get lucky enough to hit an aoe right after an expose it does seem to mitigate a bit of the Bariss effect... Though I tend to stay focused on one as the expose lasts a decent time.

In summary he has become a valuable member of my arena team... Though psychologically he might hurt me in defense, as his rating is 600 less than chewbacca, so when people are searching for opponents I have a lower rating and am more likely to get attacked. Also he is only "farmable" through squad cantina... Which makes staring him difficult if you aren't willing to drop 100 crystals a day to get more cantina energy.

About me as a player, so you can take or disregard my opinion. Mostly F2P, though I buy the $5 daily packs whenever they go on sale. I'm always in the mid 100s for arena, and I only complete GW 50% of the time, ending at battle 10 or 11 when I don't complete. I'm not the most unlucky player, but I frequently get smashed by RNG where the AI focuses one toon, chain crits, and dodges my attacks! I am frequently a victim of 4 back to back Dooku attacks on the same character, who btw seems to be hitting harder and critting more. While I am definitely not an elite player, probably average and representative of the majority of players. Take my input with all of that in mind.

Replies

• Options
    Good info. I'm currently deciding on Daka, Boba, or Poe.
  • Options
    This is valid until 60 and he is purple. He is well worth the effort to level and has a pretty decent self heal when he resist.

Remember you can't just half upgrade these guys and expect them to perform, especially when facing higher opponents.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, I have been trying to figure out who to replace chewie with and Poe is one of the options. Got him at 3 star, a day away from 4 star, geared to 5 right now, lvl 53.

My arena team is all lvl 53 either 4 or 5 star, with Sid a couple days from 6 star, all either gear 6/7 with jc 8

Sid
    Lumi
    Talia
    Chewie
    Jc

I'm thinking about starting to farm doku for the help with gw/arena and replacing chewie. Or I can use Poe, do regular stack with Sid, special attack with lumi/jc then taunt with Poe, special attack with talia and aoe with Sid. sounds like a nice opening. Or skip the special attacks with lumi/jc until Poe taunts with resistance, those would hit each 2.5k, critical 3.5k then if Poe is still alive, heal with talia which speeds everyone up 25% for more attacks.

Maybe next week I'll have Poe to a point where I can use him arena, time will tell.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Info! I've been wanting to invest on Poe but I still need more info. Merry Xmas! :)
  • Options
    A pure sacrifice is stormtrooper Han who gives everyone turn meter when hit. Poe has more survivalbility with decent offense - expose all. So he is in the middle. Chewbaca is just pure defense which is the worst choice