Kit Reveal: Omega

Replies

• Roon
    35 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I quickly brought her to five stars and have sunk heaps of Kyros on the other 4 BB toons. It seemed like she would really complement them, but doesn't.
  • I have her at R7 and she arguably makes the team worse than a whole host of other potential fifth characters. At the very least, she adds little and isn't worth taking up a fifth slot as you will just lose banners in GAC with her on the squad. If she is WAI, I would definitely pass.
  • She seems pretty lore accurate to me. 5th member of a squad that was working fine with 4, but now you have an extra member you need to worry about losing.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    She seems pretty lore accurate to me. 5th member of a squad that was working fine with 4, but now you have an extra member you need to worry about losing.

That’s pretty good. CG is putting lore above balance this time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Not to dismiss current claims, but every toon comes out at junk or OP, and then tends to fall in line somewhere as more players get to use them. Not sure what will happen here, but it is a common theme.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Sith Trooper's (aka Larry) basic ability "Sith Strike" has an underlying damage range of 12756 to 14089
    Whereas Omega's basic "Disarming Shot" has an underlying damage of 6751 to 7461

At Gear 13, Sith Trooper has a baseline of 4472 Physical Damage from gear
    Omega has a baseline of 3553 Physical Damage from gear

It's clear they didn't get the numbers right. She doesn't get any turn meter or cooldown reduction mechanisms like other attackers and at 150 base hero speed,with a 3 turn cooldown on Adaptive Learner, she's just too slow to get going.

Not to mention you miss out on the benefits you get from using someone else in the 5th slot, like Rex, Shaak Ti or Gideon.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    lucaefor wrote: »
    It's clear they didn't get the numbers right. She doesn't get any turn meter or cooldown reduction mechanisms like other attackers and at 150 base hero speed,with a 3 turn cooldown on Adaptive Learner, she's just too slow to get going.

Tech hands out Translation, and both Omrga and several other BB characters generate TM.

It’s there, it’s just not at all passive.

But her damage does seem pretty bad. When I played the marquee it was hard to get 3 stacks of Target Practice before the rest of the Bad Batch ripped everything apart.

She reminds me of Young Han. Can stack stats to crazy levels, but it’s reliant on her taking turns which means it’s irrelevant in everything that isn’t a Raid. There it could be pretty useful.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Isn’t the fact that she gives pretaunt and mass stun t1 to wrecker good enough to make her a good fifth on the team ?
  • Anarchia12
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Isn’t the fact that she gives pretaunt and mass stun t1 to wrecker good enough to make her a good fifth on the team ?

Adding that in doesn't allow the BB to beat any teams that they couldn't already with 4 (or adding in any number of characters as a 5th member). The squads that would be helpful against end up keeping wrecker in an extended stun and you can't get defense up to ramp up the additional damage needed. In some cases, you are actually better off having him not pretaunt so you can get the defense up out more quickly. The core problem with her is that she really doesn't change the squad dynamic at all. She was supposed to add damage to the team which may have allowed them to take out some additional squads. Because she is so lackluster on that front, the original 4 do a fine job on their own or you are better off adding more utility to the squad for the fifth member. As it stands, I'll probably just use the original 4 to underdog a squad in GAC. I had high hopes for the fifth member, but BB was already a great squad and it's clear that CG didn't want them to become any stronger by adding her in.

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Anarchia12 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Adding that in doesn't allow the BB to beat any teams that they couldn't already with 4 (or adding in any number of characters as a 5th member). The squads that would be helpful against end up keeping wrecker in an extended stun and you can't get defense up to ramp up the additional damage needed. In some cases, you are actually better off having him not pretaunt so you can get the defense up out more quickly. The core problem with her is that she really doesn't change the squad dynamic at all. She was supposed to add damage to the team which may have allowed them to take out some additional squads. Because she is so lackluster on that front, the original 4 do a fine job on their own or you are better off adding more utility to the squad for the fifth member. As it stands, I'll probably just use the original 4 to underdog a squad in GAC. I had high hopes for the fifth member, but BB was already a great squad and it's clear that CG didn't want them to become any stronger by adding her in.

What about Defense, does it change anything if you play against them ? Pretaunt is usually a pain.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

What about Defense, does it change anything if you play against them ? Pretaunt is usually a pain.

Maybe, but the AI is a bit wonky on defense. If they opened up with Echo's dispel and Tech's mass stun every time, I'm sure they would command a decent counter. As it stands, I'll probably keep them on offense for a high banner win against the squads they can counter. Of course, Omega won't likely be on the squad for that. :smile:

Nothing wrong with the squad, they are fun to play and I'm glad I have them - Omega just doesn't add anything and there really isn't any point to add her at the moment.
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    And as it stands, Wrecker taunts as soon as he’s damaged once or twice, or as soon as Hunter goes and stealths him.
  • I agree she’s junk. Placeholder
  • I still really want a light side crosshair, but I understand he won’t be coming until he is redeemed in the show, if he ever will be. If they put him in as an imp, I would still like it. I hope he comes with his squad, be it LS or DS.
  • I would love to have Crosshair in any iteration as well.

At this point, I’d take Howzer (newly introduced clone from BB episode 12) as the 5th over this tripe.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    I would love to have Crosshair in any iteration as well.

At this point, I’d take Howzer (newly introduced clone from BB episode 12) as the 5th over this tripe.

Some people just don’t like Omeega.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    I don't get why they did her damage scaling so slowly. In most cases, slow scaling damage is AWFUL in this game, you don't get enough turns to scale it enough to make a difference, before you get wrecked. They should either make her damage ramp up much quicker, or make her base damage higher, because as of now, she doesn't seem to fulfill the role she was supposed to (high single fire dmg).
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Got Omega to G13 / R7

She sucks.

/thread
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I'm impressed with omega from what i've seen
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'm impressed with omega from what i've seen
    How so?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Esharan wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett_MINI I've done a bunch of additional testing with Omega..

Is it possible she is bugged? She doesn't seem to increase damage when you add more offense. At least not in any material way. If I run full offense she does the same damage as any other non offense build (e.g. bad damage).

I've heard a few others at swgoh events discord say they've seen similar, almost like they're a 0 modifier on offense stats being applied to her damage output.

Thanks for any feedback, or check in with devs on?

Tldr; damage seems very bad for a "high damage single target attacker" and increasing offense stats doesn't make a material difference? Bug?

The response we got today was that she is WAI. They are looking at her usage and modding, but generally all her stats are where they should be.

The guidance we were given was to focus on her usage, as the assists and stealth/defense buffs are what will help her climb in damage output, and keep in mind the spread of true damage being done.

They will keep an eye on things.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Is it possible she is bugged? She doesn't seem to increase damage when you add more offense. At least not in any material way. If I run full offense she does the same damage as any other non offense build (e.g. bad damage).

I've heard a few others at swgoh events discord say they've seen similar, almost like they're a 0 modifier on offense stats being applied to her damage output.

Tldr; damage seems very bad for a "high damage single target attacker" and increasing offense stats doesn't make a material difference? Bug?

The response we got today was that she is WAI. They are looking at her usage and modding, but generally all her stats are where they should be.

The guidance we were given was to focus on her usage, as the assists and stealth/defense buffs are what will help her climb in damage output, and keep in mind the spread of true damage being done.

The defense up that only Wrecker can provide? If he takes a turn..and if it doesn't get dispelled...
    Omega's damage output (excluding the bonus true dmg) is pitiful.
    She get's way too less turns to make her stacking dmg meaningful, her sitting at 150 base speed doesn't help either.
    Her Zeroed In ability only lets her bypass taunts. Even the good old Mark would've been more useful to pin down a key opponent as the other BB would've been able to jump in. Her as a "high single target damage dealer" doing like an enormous 30-40k crit on her special on that Zeroed In opponent is not gonna do anything.

Things that would've made her a much better char:
    - provide some ability blocks
    - provide another source of defense up for the BB crew
    - higher base speed and/or high TM gain for herself like GMY or Canderous to take more turns
    - Mark instead of that Zeroed In that can't be dispelled or resisted (like JKR)
    - a mass assist ability
    - "Adaptive Learner" actually doing high damage
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

The defense up that only Wrecker can provide? If he takes a turn..and if it doesn't get dispelled...
    Omega's damage output (excluding the bonus true dmg) is pitiful.
    She get's way too less turns to make her stacking dmg meaningful, her sitting at 150 base speed doesn't help either.
    Her Zeroed In ability only lets her bypass taunts. Even the good old Mark would've been more useful to pin down a key opponent as the other BB would've been able to jump in. Her as a "high single target damage dealer" doing like an enormous 30-40k crit on her special on that Zeroed In opponent is not gonna do anything.

Things that would've made her a much better char:
    - provide some ability blocks
    - provide another source of defense up for the BB crew
    - higher base speed and/or high TM gain for herself like GMY or Canderous to take more turns
    - Mark instead of that Zeroed In that can't be dispelled or resisted (like JKR)
    - a mass assist ability
    - "Adaptive Learner" actually doing high damage

Echo's basic also grants Defense Up...

True, somehow doesn't list him when filtering for defense up under "ability classes" on swgoh.gg.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Xcien wrote: »

I like the character in the TV show just fine.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

I like the character in the TV show just fine.

Just not the in-game Omega. But I don’t blame you, I thought she’d be better as well.

• Korban
    100 posts Member
    Is there really a better option out there instead of Omega?

It has to be a clone, for the stealth synergies. Any thoughts?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Korban wrote: »

How many other clones that are part of the BB can you think of?

• Korban
    100 posts Member
    edited July 2021

It doesn't have to be a BB clone. Any clone works to trigger BB abilities/ synergies.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

It doesn't have to be a BB clone. Any clone works to trigger BB abilities/ synergies.

You need a bb to enjoy pretaunt