Razor Crest shards from now on

2Next

Replies

  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I didn't realize until now how much that sucks. Assuming that conquest currency stays as tight as it is now (and there's no indication it should change), it basically means no more RC shards for now unless we want to spend crystals or give up on the next conquest character. And then the long, annoying hard node farm...

    I bought no RC shards since CAT came out, am sitting on 3200 currency, and will be at like 50/100 on RC after this conquest. I am very happy :sunglasses:

    So you can 7* it if you spend your whole stockpile and some of the tiny surplus from next conquest (assuming the pricing stays the same). Thanks for illustrating my point.

    No that's not correct.

    Why not? You need 50 shards, 5 shards cost 330 tokens, so with your stockpile alone you are 100 tokens short.

    You are incorrectly assuming that currency is the only way to get more shards.

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    What's the well known information that states *when* RC gets moved out of the prize box?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    What's the well known information that states *when* RC gets moved out of the prize box?

    Did I ever claim that as a fact? You are the one saying that I'm wrong with no proof, as you so helpfully quoted above.
  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I didn't realize until now how much that sucks. Assuming that conquest currency stays as tight as it is now (and there's no indication it should change), it basically means no more RC shards for now unless we want to spend crystals or give up on the next conquest character. And then the long, annoying hard node farm...

    I bought no RC shards since CAT came out, am sitting on 3200 currency, and will be at like 50/100 on RC after this conquest. I am very happy :sunglasses:

    So you can 7* it if you spend your whole stockpile and some of the tiny surplus from next conquest (assuming the pricing stays the same). Thanks for illustrating my point.

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    If you are now saying you were just guessing when you said that, ok cool.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot
    1648 posts Member
    Just looked and I’m at 53/100 on RC. Not sure how but I must have bought shards but I don’t remember doing so lol!?!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Just looked and I’m at 53/100 on RC. Not sure how but I must have bought shards but I don’t remember doing so lol!?!🤷🏻‍♂️

    I'm the same, 53/100. Bought all the shards before CAT was released.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    And still no indication why is my assumption wrong, even though you seem so certain about it. Unless you provide some proof, my assumption is at least as good as yours. In fact, getting just enough shards in 3 conquests seems to be deliberate design that wouldn't make much sense otherwise, so there is some basis for my assumption.
  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    And still no indication why is my assumption wrong, even though you seem so certain about it. Unless you provide some proof, my assumption is at least as good as yours. In fact, getting just enough shards in 3 conquests seems to be deliberate design that wouldn't make much sense otherwise, so there is some basis for my assumption.

    The wrong part comes in when you say you can only buy it with currency.

    1) Neither of us knows *when* they'll move it out of the prize box.
    2) Once they do, you can also buy with crystals, which are not capped nor are they limited in availability.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    And still no indication why is my assumption wrong, even though you seem so certain about it. Unless you provide some proof, my assumption is at least as good as yours. In fact, getting just enough shards in 3 conquests seems to be deliberate design that wouldn't make much sense otherwise, so there is some basis for my assumption.

    The wrong part comes in when you say you can only buy it with currency.

    1) Neither of us knows *when* they'll move it out of the prize box.
    2) Once they do, you can also buy with crystals, which are not capped nor are they limited in availability.

    Crystals are not limited. That must be the best joke of the forum.
  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    And still no indication why is my assumption wrong, even though you seem so certain about it. Unless you provide some proof, my assumption is at least as good as yours. In fact, getting just enough shards in 3 conquests seems to be deliberate design that wouldn't make much sense otherwise, so there is some basis for my assumption.

    The wrong part comes in when you say you can only buy it with currency.

    1) Neither of us knows *when* they'll move it out of the prize box.
    2) Once they do, you can also buy with crystals, which are not capped nor are they limited in availability.

    Crystals are not limited. That must be the best joke of the forum.

    Currency is limited. There is a hard cap on both how many you earn per conquest and how many you can save up.

    You can buy as many crystals as you want AFAIK.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14213 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    And still no indication why is my assumption wrong, even though you seem so certain about it. Unless you provide some proof, my assumption is at least as good as yours. In fact, getting just enough shards in 3 conquests seems to be deliberate design that wouldn't make much sense otherwise, so there is some basis for my assumption.

    The wrong part comes in when you say you can only buy it with currency.

    1) Neither of us knows *when* they'll move it out of the prize box.
    2) Once they do, you can also buy with crystals, which are not capped nor are they limited in availability.

    Crystals are not limited. That must be the best joke of the forum.

    Currency is limited. There is a hard cap on both how many you earn per conquest and how many you can save up.

    You can buy as many crystals as you want AFAIK.

    All of this is true. Just in case anyone wasn't clear.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    I left one thing out, I should have said "you can buy or save up as many crystals as you want."
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    30528 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    I left one thing out, I should have said "you can buy or save up as many crystals as you want."

    This is a lie, I cannot afford as many crystals as I want, so no I cant buy them all.
    :|

  • Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I left one thing out, I should have said "you can buy or save up as many crystals as you want."

    This is a lie, I cannot afford as many crystals as I want, so no I cant buy them all.
    :|

    He said can. Not should. Many people buy things they can't really afford.

    For the purposes of CAT and razor Crest shards, the required amounts of crystals would likely be below the typical credit limit most people have on a credit card. So for the purposes of the discussion, crystal purchases once they reach a store are not gated in the way conquest rewards are.
  • Nikoms565
    14213 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I left one thing out, I should have said "you can buy or save up as many crystals as you want."

    This is a lie, I cannot afford as many crystals as I want, so no I cant buy them all.
    :|

    He said can. Not should. Many people buy things they can't really afford.

    For the purposes of CAT and razor Crest shards, the required amounts of crystals would likely be below the typical credit limit most people have on a credit card. So for the purposes of the discussion, crystal purchases once they reach a store are not gated in the way conquest rewards are.

    BIT4TTM.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    30068 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I left one thing out, I should have said "you can buy or save up as many crystals as you want."

    This is a lie, I cannot afford as many crystals as I want, so no I cant buy them all.
    :|

    I believe in you, friend, as always.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Night2
    19 posts Member
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year
  • Kyno
    30528 posts Moderator
    Night2 wrote: »
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year

    It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.
  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Night2 wrote: »
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year

    It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.

    Is it? RC came before the cadence for conquest characters was established, I don't think we can base anything on it. There will definitely be some shards, though, so it's safe to say that we will be able to get more than 20 in the following months.
  • Kyno
    30528 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Night2 wrote: »
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year

    It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.

    Is it? RC came before the cadence for conquest characters was established, I don't think we can base anything on it. There will definitely be some shards, though, so it's safe to say that we will be able to get more than 20 in the following months.

    Yes it is.
  • th3evo
    291 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Night2 wrote: »
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year

    It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.

    Is it? RC came before the cadence for conquest characters was established, I don't think we can base anything on it. There will definitely be some shards, though, so it's safe to say that we will be able to get more than 20 in the following months.

    The dev post says that when they release a new character the older unit (CAT) will remain in the box but with slightly reduced amount awarded.
    s38m9ntakpsj.png

  • Nauros
    4440 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Night2 wrote: »
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year

    It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.

    Is it? RC came before the cadence for conquest characters was established, I don't think we can base anything on it. There will definitely be some shards, though, so it's safe to say that we will be able to get more than 20 in the following months.

    The dev post says that when they release a new character the older unit (CAT) will remain in the box but with slightly reduced amount awarded.
    s38m9ntakpsj.png

    Does it say that it will be the same amount as RC is now? No. So your reply is irrelevant.
  • Kyno
    30528 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Night2 wrote: »
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year

    It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.

    Is it? RC came before the cadence for conquest characters was established, I don't think we can base anything on it. There will definitely be some shards, though, so it's safe to say that we will be able to get more than 20 in the following months.

    The dev post says that when they release a new character the older unit (CAT) will remain in the box but with slightly reduced amount awarded.
    s38m9ntakpsj.png

    Does it say that it will be the same amount as RC is now? No. So your reply is irrelevant.

    Being that its evidence based, it's more relevant than this reply.
  • Starslayer
    985 posts Member
    edited July 22
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Night2 wrote: »
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year

    It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.

    Is it? RC came before the cadence for conquest characters was established, I don't think we can base anything on it. There will definitely be some shards, though, so it's safe to say that we will be able to get more than 20 in the following months.

    The dev post says that when they release a new character the older unit (CAT) will remain in the box but with slightly reduced amount awarded.
    s38m9ntakpsj.png

    Does it say that it will be the same amount as RC is now? No. So your reply is irrelevant.

    Being that its evidence based, it's more relevant than this reply.

    So far, the only convincing argument to think that it won’t be 44 was that it’s more a ‘ship’ number of shards imo. Speculating that it could be 45 is not a stretch, but not game changing ^^
Sign In or Register to comment.