Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    can i be the communication nose

I am sensitive to smell
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I need the communications arm of the company (e.g. forum moderators) not to tell me, a former paying customer, that my concerns that led me to close my wallet are of no concern--that they have zero interest in earning my business back.

Forum moderators are not the communications arm of the company.

Oh? I get way more info from Kyno than Crumb or Doja

So what exactly do you want Kyno to tell you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I need the communications arm of the company (e.g. forum moderators) not to tell me, a former paying customer, that my concerns that led me to close my wallet are of no concern--that they have zero interest in earning my business back.

Read first post you commented on
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Ok so if he told you the devs are listening, now what?
  • And he is a de facto community manager by proxy. The number of times we ask questions, Kyno sends them to CG, CG sends answer to Kyno, and Kyno relays to us... he's basically doing the job of an assistant to the community manager
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I have to say the demands people make here are very entertaining.

Ok so if he told you the devs are listening, now what?

He told me they "don't need my faith" in them. Which feels pretty accurate given their history.

I realize I'm a tougher customer than most to ear business from. Sucks for me that so many others set the bar so low
  • Also, I don't want Kyno to tell me anything. If he doesn't represent CG, then I want someone who does responding to concerns raised in the forums.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

I realize I'm a tougher customer than most to ear business from. Sucks for me that so many others set the bar so low

I send them $1k a month in exchange for everything staying as is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    WD_40 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    WD_40 wrote: »
    I've played for about 7 months, just got to 1 mil GP about 3 weeks ago, and I think in total I've spent about $100. But it was on things here and there. If at the beginning of the game I knew how much I would enjoy this game I absolutely would've bought the Hyperdrive bundle, but I don't think it's worth it now. I've bought mostly crystal packs here and there. Though I did buy that "secret" Hounds Tooth pack from the journey guide when I unlocked ships and simply from how that thing kept me in top 20 or so for the first month of fleet arena I think it was high value.

No one can really say what is worth it for you, but I know many people 2,3,4 × GP higher than you and bought it as a "good deal".

True, it's just a personal preference thing. But I do think if there was like a hyperdrive 2.0 that you could purchase once you hit Lvl 85 that would basically advance you as far as the first hyperdrive bundle did if you bought it at the start of the game (about 3 months or so), I would buy it.

Absolutely, and I get it, which is why many threads like this are not really helpful, we all have different views and no one can/should tell someone how to spend money, even if they are willing to. Cheers.
  • Then this thread isn't really for you.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Then this thread isn't really for you.

Nor you, since it's for f2p....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Please try not to rub my awesomeness in their face too much. 🤣🤣🤔😏🤣🤣
    Then this thread isn't really for you.

Nor you, since it's for f2p....

Don't be so litigious. If I could, I would gladly change the title to "What would f2p (or those that used to spend but stopped) pay for/resume spending.

Most people seem to understand that I was looking for what would make people spend that currently aren't.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Also, I don't want Kyno to tell me anything. If he doesn't represent CG, then I want someone who does responding to concerns raised in the forums.

As a moderator, we have information and more time to spend here. (Despite their titles here, both of them have more responsibilities than just being on here, just FYI)

As for feedback/concerns, they do respond when they can, but those also need to be discussed with the team, both the concerns and the possible responses. But that also stated many times and with almost ever post they are listening/reading and even jotting down what is being said. They just cant always come here to discuss each point, as it's happening, or without a more offical stance on things.
  • PDPoc
    9 posts Member
    I used to spend a few dollars here, and a few dollars there. All in all I spent about $250 on my primary account. I have 3 GL (Rey and Luke on my Primary account, and Kylo on my secondary free to play account) I stopped spending because for me, the value just wasn’t there.

1. RNG + my luck = bad ROT on crystal refreshes.
    2. Insane prices on the packs. Just one example, the last Wat Tambor package. $30 For 30 shards, and a little bit of gear. Even if you bought it the maximum two times, you still couldn’t even unlock the character at 80 shards requirements. $60 for 3/4 of an unlock 3/16 of the total character. Is Watt Tambor really a $320 character, especially after nerfing him a couple of weeks later?
    3. All future content seems to be gated behind relic 8+. Relic it is not accessible to a majority of the players. I can’t even imagine what it’s going to take to get relic 9. If new characters (content) is not accessible then there is no reason for me to spend money on the game.

I am perfectly aware that 2/3 of those are not on CG

1. It’s not their fault I’m unlucky, I have bad luck in almost every game I play😂😂

3. I could leave my guild of friends for a guild that can do Challenge Rancor, but then I am not playing with the people that I want to play.

These are all my opinions as I see them. I am in no way,shape, or form trying to convince other people to spend or not spend. This is just the reason why I stopped spending, and I’m unlikely to spend again in the future.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Also, I don't want Kyno to tell me anything. If he doesn't represent CG, then I want someone who does responding to concerns raised in the forums.

As a moderator, we have information and more time to spend here. (Despite their titles here, both of them have more responsibilities than just being on here, just FYI)

As for feedback/concerns, they do respond when they can, but those also need to be discussed with the team, both the concerns and the possible responses. But that also stated many times and with almost ever post they are listening/reading and even jotting down what is being said. They just cant always come here to discuss each point, as it's happening, or without a more offical stance on things.

Which is why I consider your communication as important as theirs. You may not have an official title, but your access muddies the waters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Which is why I consider your communication as important as theirs. You may not have an official title, but your access muddies the waters.

Sharing information muddies the waters? Not sure I understand that, but ok.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Information people don't want to hear maybe.

No. Your access to CG and their reliance on you to communicate for them makes you a representative of them, official title or not.

Information people don't want to hear maybe.

What are you even talking about?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

No. Your access to CG and their reliance on you to communicate for them makes you a representative of them, official title or not.

That is not the way this works, or with any other moderation team I have seen that has this level of access. We share information to help support them, as they may not always be available to help spread it. I am not "getting in their way" and "preventing them" from doing anything. There are times I am getting information from other devs which also allows me to get answers faster at times when going right to the source, if available.

We do our best to answer things and raise points to the team.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

That is not the way this works, or with any other moderation team I have seen that has this level of access. We share information to help support them, as they may not always be available to help spread it. I am not "getting in their way" and "preventing them" from doing anything. There are times I am getting information from other devs which also allows me to get answers faster at times when going right to the source, if available.

What he’s saying is that the muddied waters are when someone claims you’re not the extension of communication with the dev team.

He’s right, by proxy you’ve become the leading provider of info, so unofficially the community manager. To a lesser degree ultra as well but she just became a moderator. I see her catching up very quickly in that regard honestly.
  • What Ravens just said.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

What he’s saying is that the muddied waters are when someone claims you’re not the extension of communication with the dev team.

He’s right, by proxy you’ve become the leading provider of info, so unofficially the community manager. To a lesser degree ultra as well but she just became a moderator. I see her catching up very quickly in that regard honestly.

Someone claiming things like that seems to be trying to muddies the water, not me or my position or my actions. Just ignore them if you feel so inclined. And no I am in no way managing the community, I am sharing information.

Someone claiming things like that seems to be trying to muddies the water, not me or my position or my actions. Just ignore them if you feel so inclined. And no I am in no way managing the community, I am sharing information.

Okay, get off the muddied waters bit. I'm saying that your posts carry weight and an air of officialness. I don't seem to be alone in this. If that is not CG's intent, then IMO they need someone official who does what you do and just let you worry about merging threads and deleting inappropriate/vulgar posts.
  • And, circling back to the point of this thread, if they did that, I would consider buying some crystals as a way to support such a move.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    I appreciate Kyno bringing information to us sooner than the community managers (when he can and they cannot). It can get muddy at times when he puts in an opinion just because he has been giving out so much info. I still prefer dealing with the muddy waters over waiting for an answer for any extended period of time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Okay, get off the muddied waters bit. I'm saying that your posts carry weight and an air of officialness. I don't seem to be alone in this. If that is not CG's intent, then IMO they need someone official who does what you do and just let you worry about merging threads and deleting inappropriate/vulgar posts.

Yes that is part of the intent of my position. I believe Doja has even expressed this in a different thread, but I would have to look for that.

I am sharing official information, when it is available.