About the new tank challenge reward...

Prev1
r2steve2
189 posts Member
So the item we get from the lvl 72 version of the tank challenge is MK 8 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars

Guess what this is used for?
http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/gear/MK-8-Neuro-Saav-Electrobinoculars

That's right. Level 82 gear. So we're now rewarded with pieces of gear we can't even use until the NEXT level cap after this one. Really?

@EA_Jesse, did the person responsible for this just drool all over the keyboard? How does this make any sense?
Hodor

Replies

• Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Does it really surprise you?
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    Hendiju wrote: »
    Does it really surprise you?

Sadly, no.
    Hodor
  • It feels rushed and unfinished. It's actually really sad. The new tier either offers a relevant gear (mk 6 hypos) and older and mostly outdated item (mk 4 droid) or a completely useless never useful (mk8 neuros). It's kinda sad really.
    If the challenges just all offered level 70+ mats (hairdryers, eyeballs/Death Stars, and even stun gun blueprints) part of the gear grinding would be solved.
    Instead it's like "here, have something you want, something you already have or don't need, and something you can't use for a few months"
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    It was announced that those levels were placeholders, and subject to change. They needed more dev time on it. At least that's how I interpreted the community update on Friday.

"There is also an on-going problem caused by as-yet-inaccessible parts of character progression being visible in game. These elements should not be considered final and are subject to change. As such, we will be making those elements blank / invisible for items above the current level cap of 80 in the near future."
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    That is the last Tier of the challenge, therefore, it must provide the highest tiered gear.

Consider yourself lucky, you get the jump on everyone, and can bank a little more.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I don't really view this as a bad thing at all. If I can start saving up 82 gear now on Challenges, that's frankly fantastic.
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Timitock wrote: »
    That is the last Tier of the challenge, therefore, it must provide the highest tiered gear.

Consider yourself lucky, you get the jump on everyone, and can bank a little more.

It's not the last tier of the challenge. The last tier unlocks at level 81....when giving these away would have made way more sense.

I'd much rather have the mk5 stun guns that loads of people need for THIS level cap. Or stun cuffs.
    Hodor
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Naecabon wrote: »
    I don't really view this as a bad thing at all. If I can start saving up 82 gear now on Challenges, that's frankly fantastic.

It is great to get gear ahead of time, but would it not be better to get the gear that we need for this level cap?
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    It was announced that those levels were placeholders, and subject to change. They needed more dev time on it. At least that's how I interpreted the community update on Friday.

"There is also an on-going problem caused by as-yet-inaccessible parts of character progression being visible in game. These elements should not be considered final and are subject to change. As such, we will be making those elements blank / invisible for items above the current level cap of 80 in the near future."
    No, I read this as meaning that the lvl 81 gear challenges were visible in game and shouldn't be. The lvl 72 challenges are very accessible once you hit that level.
    Hodor
  • r2steve2 wrote: »

No, I read this as meaning that the lvl 81 gear challenges were visible in game and shouldn't be. The lvl 72 challenges are very accessible once you hit that level.

Oh, lol. Well that made those update notes pointless. I thought that part was obvious lol.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    r2steve2 wrote: »

It's not the last tier of the challenge. The last tier unlocks at level 81....when giving these away would have made way more sense.

I'd much rather have the mk5 stun guns that loads of people need for THIS level cap. Or stun cuffs.

Well how about that!

I had never bothered to swipe the list left....

I now agree with the OP that this makes no sense.

Maybe that gear is the rare reward, and much less likely to drop?

That might make a little sense, if the purple gear drops are more abundant.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016

It is great to get gear ahead of time, but would it not be better to get the gear that we need for this level cap?

EDIT: This is the INT Challenge not the STR Challenge! My bad!
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    EDIT: I'M DUMB
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member

http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/CT-5555-Fives/gear

Go scroll down to Tier IX and tell me what you see.
    That's mk 9 not mk 8.
    Hodor
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016

http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/CT-5555-Fives/gear

Go scroll down to Tier IX and tell me what you see.
    That's mk 9 not mk 8.

EDIT: NAEC'S DUMB
  • Naecabon wrote: »

It already does drop the gear for this cap. The STR Challenge has always been the odd man out in that it's ahead of the curve.
    Yeah, but even when it was weird, the str challenge at least dropped all usable gear. No challenge has ever dropped a completely level locked item before. It just feels like a mistyped item code to me.

The attacker challenge got even weirder with mk 4 droid callers (what can be assumed to be a previous or lower tier of purple as a 20 of) instead of a relevant 50 of (like stun cuffs).
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016

It already does drop the gear for this cap. The STR Challenge has always been the odd man out in that it's ahead of the curve.
    Yeah, but even when it was weird, the str challenge at least dropped all usable gear. No challenge has ever dropped a completely level locked item before. It just feels like a mistyped item code to me.

The attacker challenge got even weirder with mk 4 droid callers (what can be assumed to be a previous or lower tier of purple as a 20 of) instead of a relevant 50 of (like stun cuffs).

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

Keeping this picture here because it makes me laugh!
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    How are you not seeing the 200 required Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvages required, that both this new challenge tier and the previous tier reward IN ADDITION to the next tier of gear?

You linked to 5's and said look at gear IX. I have no idea the f you are talking about.

Edit: nvm I get it now. Still makes 0 sense what you're saying, since that piece of gear was still useful before the cap increase to 80.
    Hodor
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    How are you not seeing the 200 required Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvages required, that both this new challenge tier and the previous tier reward IN ADDITION to the next tier of gear?

You linked to 5's and said look at gear IX. I have no idea the f you are talking about.

EDIT: He was right! I have no idea what the f I was talking about either!
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member

Jesus bud c'mon work with me a little here... Tier IX Gear for Fives requires TWO HUNDRED (200) Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Arrays to complete. TWO HUNDRED. That's the item the STR Challenge already rewarded, and continues to reward. It now ALSO rewards the NEXT tier of item, meaning this challenge is actually THE MOST VALUABLE out of all of the Challenges.

Please do not complain about this, the last thing we need is for them to nerf this and hand us some Tier VII junk instead.

See edit above: "Edit: nvm I get it now. Still makes 0 sense what you're saying, since that piece of gear was still useful before the cap increase to 80."

You could use those for the existing level cap (level 70) in addition to future gear. You can't use these in any way. Not remotely the same.

Also, I never said anything about the strength challenge, so I'm not sure you should be dinging others for reading comprehension :)
    Hodor
  • Naecabon wrote: »

It already drops the STR piece we need! How is dropping another super valuable piece we're going to need as well a bad thing!

Whoa. Slow down there big guy. I'm not saying it's all bad things. In saying that the lack of parallel structure between the three challenges is weird and probably could do with some smoothing out.

Also that the mk 8 neuros is a really really weird precedent due to the insistence on not pre crafting or otherwise gaining level advantage.

Since I prescribe heavily to Hanlons razor, I'm assuming this is the result of wrong item ids and miscommunication between departments.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Edit: nvm I get it now. Still makes 0 sense what you're saying, since that piece of gear was still useful before the cap increase to 80.

EDIT: INT Challenge is stinky!
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited April 2016

He is saying that in addition to getting some gear that you can't use until the next cap increase, you also get more gear that a lot of characters need in a large quantity to get to tier level 9 and 10
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    He is saying that gear 9 takes 200 dog tags, which we can get at level 70.

The level 72 challenge tier ALSO provides these, PLUS gear 10 salvage.

He is saying that the devs could have done what you suggest, but are allowing us to stockpile that salvage early.

Without the new salvage, the two challenge tiers would have the same payout.
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    He is saying that gear 9 takes 200 dog tags, which we can get at level 70.

The level 72 challenge tier ALSO provides these, PLUS gear 10 salvage.

He is saying that the devs could have done what you suggest, but are allowing us to stockpile that salvage early.

Without the new salvage, the two challenge tiers would have the same payout.

No, he went off on a completely irrelevant tangent that had nothing to do with the Int gear challenge. But ok.
    Hodor
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member

Jesus bud c'mon work with me a little here... Tier IX Gear for Fives requires TWO HUNDRED (200) Mk 3 Carbanti Sensor Arrays to complete. TWO HUNDRED. That's the item the STR Challenge already rewarded, and continues to reward. It now ALSO rewards the NEXT tier of item, meaning this challenge is actually THE MOST VALUABLE out of all of the Challenges.

Please do not complain about this, the last thing we need is for them to nerf this and hand us some Tier VII junk instead.

Also, I never said anything about the strength challenge, so I'm not sure you should be dinging others for reading comprehension :)

The challenge is literally called the "STR Gear Challenge"
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Yes, it WAS useful. And guess what? All of the other Challenges didn't reward it's equal, IE: we weren't getting AGI blow dryers or INT whatever it is INT gives. STR was the best of the three. Now, the other two caught up, but STR yet again has jumped ahead and is giving us something for the future, as it already had the best item possible.

The TLDR of this is the STR Challenge is amazing and complaining about it is insanity.
    Dude, when did i EVER mention the STR challenge? I'm talking about the TANK challenge, i.e,. the INT gear challenge.

The str gear challenge now rewards mk 4 droid callers, which is an item from LAST level cap. Which is it's own problem. But at least that one is actually usable.
    Hodor
  • Youre complaining now but wait until you see after the level cap we need 100 of those. Then youre gonna be grateful you stocked up
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member

Yes, it WAS useful. And guess what? All of the other Challenges didn't reward it's equal, IE: we weren't getting AGI blow dryers or INT whatever it is INT gives. STR was the best of the three. Now, the other two caught up, but STR yet again has jumped ahead and is giving us something for the future, as it already had the best item possible.

The TLDR of this is the STR Challenge is amazing and complaining about it is insanity.
    Dude, when did i EVER mention the STR challenge? I'm talking about the TANK challenge, i.e,. the INT gear challenge.

Haha oh you're right! Wow I got these way mixed up!

Okay I'll admit this one makes no sense! You win!