JMK breaks the status quo.

124Next

Replies

• JMK isn't harder to beat with CAT. It was tricky to work out, yes, but actually now that I have the strategy down JML crushes it reliably and it's hilarious to see him hit his ult and wipe the other team from teh board in a couple more turns. Only time I lost today was when JMK was faster than me. And I won the rematch. If you're struggling with her I'd say practice more with different strategies. In my fights today I stopped her from even doing force leap in 2 battles.

the ppl running her with KAM amuse me to no end. it's a great self-nuke of KAM's abilities. Nice of them to give me that assist.
  • I see a lot of different opinions and really can relate to most of them.

Many players like the fact they have the option to splurge time or money or both to put it on cruise control. I get this.

I’m a 6.5 mil player with SLKR and SEE. I’m not super hardcore, spend a little here and there but probably barely make the status of a minnow. One thing RPS allowed for was me not to have to rush anything but could still maintain some ease in arena.
    But it was nice because you could remain relevant with a couple GLs and weave through depending on what you used. Of course there were those that hated there wasn’t one ring to rule them all they could plug and okay, with little to no effort and keep reaping 500 crystals a day.

I think what JMK represents is a kin to a slap in the face for those of us that focused SEE. That monstrous mega thread of complaints and issues with SEE were constantly stifled as we were told over and over again it was being monitored and of course it just slowly dwindled away. Insert Kenobi- we now have a GL (light side of course) that literally hard counters SEE who’s only purpose was to counter Jedis. Yes we all know SEE has compositions that can still win, not even close to reliably and quickly become very futile if those off comps are low or non reliced. But yes all current GLs can beat Kenobies…but at best running about a 1 in 3 chance the more that fill the shard the more it becomes too costly to bother trying. It’s a massive disparity compared to previous power gaps, which contradicts the idea GLs would have. Mods of course also play a significant role here.

Do I think it will change? God no, CG does what CG does. It is becoming more and more difficult to avoid paywalls if you didn’t start from the beginning or you never take a break. If you want to catch up to the meta you will pay. I found it hilarious when they added Bando to the feats in GCs to red box. So I bit my lip and pumped some money to finish his journey and I could just throw him into a strong team and get completion credit even if he wasn’t strong. Like two GCs later it was Bando has to deal 100k or 300k damage and I almost came unglued lol.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Dkfusion wrote: »
    I think what JMK represents is a kin to a slap in the face for those of us that focused SEE.

giphy.gif

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think what JMK represents is a kin to a slap in the face for those of us that focused SEE.

giphy.gif

I approve!!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I would just like to point out that in the gif above, no one else is doing the slapping.....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I would just like to point out that in the gif above, no one else is doing the slapping.....

I'd post a Ric "you catch on pretty quick" gif but to be fair to you, the forums are not really known for catching on quick, so in this case you explaining it seems reasonable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    This is exactly what I wanted from CAT / JMK.

As alien as it may seem to some, I love the rewards I get from arena, and I like to get them with as little effort as possible.

Having to watch my back for a 1 GL 2.9M GP player who climbs at all hours of the day is not what I want.

Fighting 8,9,10 battles a day in squad arena is not what I want, even if there is variety in the squads I use in doing so. I already have to endure this in fleet arena.

Seeing that 1 GL player reduced to feeding off scraps and sticking in the 20s all day is exactly what I want.

And I am completely OK with the next GL replacing JMK, because I am confident I’ll unlock them much much faster than almost everyone else in my shard.

Do you as a 5 year old player really have someone with 2.9M GP in your shard? Did they suddenly come back?
    Thanks to the power of money they will most likely be able to buy their way to the next GL and bother your still.

Maybe not 2.9m but we are in an April 2017 and have had several sub 5m players with one GL show up out of nowhere and cause payout issues for others. These people don't spend money, if they did they would be able to keep up with power creep. They are taking advantage of rock paper scissors instead.

Absolutely this. All casual players had to do was get to the point where they unlocked SLK and SEE and they could climb to the upper levels of our 2016 shard. You see the same thing in fleet as you're almost guaranteed to see a new face in the top 20 after every territory battle.

I'm glad that at least my fleet shard is lazy.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Thanks. It was funny, now it's not. Do I need to explain this?

I'd post a Ric "you catch on pretty quick" gif but to be fair to you, the forums are not really known for catching on quick, so in this case you explaining it seems reasonable.

Because I said I approve of his counter argument or "meme" suddenly we're all a bunch of dolts? Don't be so divvy.
  • Pile wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    This is exactly what I wanted from CAT / JMK.

As alien as it may seem to some, I love the rewards I get from arena, and I like to get them with as little effort as possible.

Having to watch my back for a 1 GL 2.9M GP player who climbs at all hours of the day is not what I want.

Fighting 8,9,10 battles a day in squad arena is not what I want, even if there is variety in the squads I use in doing so. I already have to endure this in fleet arena.

Seeing that 1 GL player reduced to feeding off scraps and sticking in the 20s all day is exactly what I want.

And I am completely OK with the next GL replacing JMK, because I am confident I’ll unlock them much much faster than almost everyone else in my shard.

Do you as a 5 year old player really have someone with 2.9M GP in your shard? Did they suddenly come back?
    Thanks to the power of money they will most likely be able to buy their way to the next GL and bother your still.

Maybe not 2.9m but we are in an April 2017 and have had several sub 5m players with one GL show up out of nowhere and cause payout issues for others. These people don't spend money, if they did they would be able to keep up with power creep. They are taking advantage of rock paper scissors instead.

Absolutely this. All casual players had to do was get to the point where they unlocked SLK and SEE and they could climb to the upper levels of our 2016 shard. You see the same thing in fleet as you're almost guaranteed to see a new face in the top 20 after every territory battle.

****….so how does this make the ol classist bones https://swgoh.gg/p/817316339/
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Because I said I approve of his counter argument or "meme" suddenly we're all a bunch of dolts? Don't be so divvy.

No that wasn't directed at you.
  • TVF wrote: »

No that wasn't directed at you.

My apologies just for making that assumption then. I'm usually slow on the uptake, so I get frightfully defensive when I have a head start.