Why does some themes require approval?

Devian
669 posts Member
edited July 2021
I tried to post few themes with kit ideas and they simply got 'postponed', like it needs approval. And they never get approved even though they are simply kit ideas. They won't even show up as merged themes. Some themes got deleted over time for no reason. Why does this happen?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    New posts and edits can both trigger the spam filter to pull a post. They go into a queue and need to be approved. We go through as best we can but dont always clear them all.

Also worth noting that after a post is pulled, the poster is marked by the system and this can and will lead to future posts being flagged and pulled for a period of time. This is all part of the automated system on the Forum. (Except the part where we read and approve posts)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Messaging a mod can expedite the process.

I approved your last kit thread.
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    New posts and edits can both trigger the spam filter to pull a post. They go into a queue and need to be approved. We go through as best we can but dont always clear them all.

Also worth noting that after a post is pulled, the poster is marked by the system and this can and will lead to future posts being flagged and pulled for a period of time. This is all part of the automated system on the Forum. (Except the part where we read and approve posts)
    I see, so if I try to fix post too often, then I'm blacklisted D=
    Kyno wrote: »
    I approved your last kit thread.
    thanks. I was a bit sad because forgot to save draft in case such situation occurs
  • Guess I'll follow up here ... I posted something in the Conquest thread, which went up no problem. Then I saw a type and edited it and now it's gone ... looks like it's waiting for approval ... not sure why an edit triggers that. Thx
  • Firefox54 wrote: »
    Guess I'll follow up here ... I posted something in the Conquest thread, which went up no problem. Then I saw a type and edited it and now it's gone ... looks like it's waiting for approval ... not sure why an edit triggers that. Thx
    as Kyno mentioned, spam filter is very touchy here and triggers for whatever reasons just for simple editing. Maybe some lame coding.

• Devian wrote: »
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    Guess I'll follow up here ... I posted something in the Conquest thread, which went up no problem. Then I saw a type and edited it and now it's gone ... looks like it's waiting for approval ... not sure why an edit triggers that. Thx
    as Kyno mentioned, spam filter is very touchy here and triggers for whatever reasons just for simple editing. Maybe some lame coding.

Yep ... saw that ... hoping they'd be able to post my message ... since I can't post it now
  • Firefox54 wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    Firefox54 wrote: »

Yep ... saw that ... hoping they'd be able to post my message ... since I can't post it now
    PM Kyno just to be sure