Offense and defense setting in arena

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited July 2021
I know MSF does this, but would it ever be possible to be able to set a permanent defense in arena that isn’t changed by your offensive fights?
Currently your last team used in battle is the one that’s on defense until you fight with a different team. Why not make it so you can set your defensive team (mine for example JKR, JML, etc) and then can attack with whoever else id like without affecting my arena defense. Same with fleet arena.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Nah. It's part of the strategy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nah, it would increase crystal income and/or decrease frustration, not something CG wants.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are currently no plans to make changes to arena.

This specific situation didnt come up, but still the general idea about that game mode having changes isnt in any current plans.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

This specific situation didnt come up, but still the general idea about that game mode having changes isnt in any current plans.

Typical…..I mean it would be nice to know what plans they have…been awfully quiet around here. Any idea when that RA is coming out?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Typical…..I mean it would be nice to know what plans they have…been awfully quiet around here. Any idea when that RA is coming out?

Ultra has said, numerous times in several threads, by the end of the month. That's about a week.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Ultra has said, numerous times in several threads, by the end of the month. That's about a week.

Also, Kyno said somewhere that they are actually working on the RA now. It would be nice to have this kind of information easily accessible and not scattered over multiple threads.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Also, Kyno said somewhere that they are actually working on the RA now. It would be nice to have this kind of information easily accessible and not scattered over multiple threads.

What are you planning to do with the knowledge that an RA is coming soon?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Doja is working on it, I dont discuss dates on things like that, if they dont offer one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Then you should talk to everyone discussing this and have them post in one thread. 🤣
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

I haven’t see her say that in any of the threads I’ve made or been a party to lol. But alrighty then, anywhere from today through next Friday…..maybe….Ummm yay?

Doja is working on it, I dont discuss dates on things like that, if they dont offer one.

Well I’m not expecting you to, or any of the mods really. I’m expecting the communication managers to communicate with us though, meh…..oh well. Really wish we’d get some kind of changes to arena though. Whether this or some other kind of payout shake up
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I haven’t see her say that in any of the threads I’ve made or been a party to lol. But alrighty then, anywhere from today through next Friday…..maybe….Ummm yay?

Well I’m not expecting you to, or any of the mods really. I’m expecting the communication managers to communicate with us though, meh…..oh well. Really wish we’d get some kind of changes to arena though. Whether this or some other kind of payout shake up

We just got a change to arena! JMK and CAT say "S'up?"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So you expect them to make a post saying they are making a post? Interesting.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

No I expect them to make the actual RA post. I expect some kind of communication from them on several different threads on the forums requiring some kind of official answer. I expect them to fulfill their job title as community managers and communicate with the community
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Requiring?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

No I expect them to make the actual RA post. I expect some kind of communication from them on several different threads on the forums requiring some kind of official answer. I expect them to fulfill their job title as community managers and communicate with the community

While that is the title they have as far as the community is concerned, I can assure you they have many roles and hats to wear. At times when working on something for the community, like the RA, that can take a lot of the community time they have. Sure this is not ideal from our side, but it is what it is, and it can be especially tough when there is a lot in the RA.

They do and will communicate, when there is something to say and it's ready to be said. I expect that from them.

There are many sources for answers, and they do not need to come from them, and at times they may not be able to get the information to correctly answer, as they are not the ones that can answr things. Not that I expect you or anyone to cut them any slack.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

While that is the title they have as far as the community is concerned, I can assure you they have many roles and hats to wear. At times when working on something for the community, like the RA, that can take a lot of the community time they have. Sure this is not ideal from our side, but it is what it is, and it can be especially tough when there is a lot in the RA.

They do and will communicate, when there is something to say and it's ready to be said. I expect that from them.

There are many sources for answers, and they do not need to come from them, and at times they may not be able to get the information to correctly answer, as they are not the ones that can answr things. Not that I expect you or anyone to cut them any slack.

Cut them slack? With all the hidden titles, agendas, secrecy, cards to the chest, maneuvers and any other synonyms you want to apply, it’s kinda hard to. When you have dozens of threads that require some kind of response, forgive me when I don’t show empathy when two community managers can’t answer them due to a company who has revenue in the billions being unable to prioritize and adequately staff themselves.
    I’m not saying I expect a detailed blueprint everyday, but when it’s been months since the last RA/SotG, I think it’s fair to want any kind of update to the game
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Require?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Cut them slack? With all the hidden titles, agendas, secrecy, cards to the chest, maneuvers and any other synonyms you want to apply, it’s kinda hard to. When you have dozens of threads that require some kind of response, forgive me when I don’t show empathy when two community managers can’t answer them due to a company who has revenue in the billions being unable to prioritize and adequately staff themselves.
    I’m not saying I expect a detailed blueprint everyday, but when it’s been months since the last RA/SotG, I think it’s fair to want any kind of update to the game

It is fair to expect updates, it is also fair to get them when there is something to say.

Not showing empathy because of someone's job title, sounds.....interesting.