GEAR Crunch

Dear CG, I'm sure you never read the forums from the state of the Galaxy as it is currently. But IF you do. Where is the Gear Crunch fix you were talking about when you doubled old toons Shard drops? As far as I know, it hasn't been mentioned since. It would be absolutely FANTASTIC if y'all would address this issue that has been plaguing players for years, thanks.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes they do read the Forum. Generally speaking they have been looking at the data and seeing how things have settled from GCs and Conquest. That is not to say they wont look at changes, just that all I know at this moment is they are looking at things and not actively planning anything.

But, I'm not sure any change will be seen as "enough", as the system will still be based on some pace.
  • AhnaldisGOAT
    561 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yes they do read the Forum. Generally speaking they have been looking at the data and seeing how things have settled from GCs and Conquest. That is not to say they wont look at changes, just that all I know at this moment is they are looking at things and not actively planning anything.

But, I'm not sure any change will be seen as "enough", as the system will still be based on some pace.

How long does it TAKE? There have been what, six or seven conquests counting the one canceled because JKL broke? Are my numbers off? And GCs have been around for longer. You’ve used this same excuse for a while.
    Alright. Now with the rant out of the way, I guess what I’m asking is, what data are they collecting and how are they collecting it? Are they comparing gear gained before and after the systems’ implementation? Are they polling people? How are they collecting it? Are they looking at raw code? Are they factoring in Daily Challenges, for example? What’s the protection against bad or wrong numbers? What percentage of the way through the analysis are they?
    TLDR(but please read the whole thing): Can you walk us through the “data collection” process?
    PS: Addressing your last point, fair enough. But that same logic could have been used with the whole “doubled shard drops” thing, but CG did that. Kudos to them for that, btw.
    Post edited by AhnaldisGOAT on
  • AAAAAnd now R9 is coming out. What was that about them “looking at” the gear crunch?
  • AAAAAnd now R9 is coming out. What was that about them “looking at” the gear crunch?

Don't worry, they're still looking at it. If you stare at the gear crunch long enough, it even starts to stare back.

But maybe we misunderstood what they meant when they said they'd look into it. Perhaps CG has a poster that says "gear crunch" on it and they all look at it for a minute every day before starting work.
  • A thread I created got deleted or merged. Was looking for it here, but to no avail.

Obviously we talk about the gear crunch all the time, so i can't imagine that I broke any community guidelines. I even went so far as to suggest a modification to the Kyro economy that (hopefully) wouldn't change much in game, nor would it give out Kyros too soon.

I put a lot of thought into it, and am really disappointed that all that thinking is now lost... by which I mean, maybe it exists, but I can't find it or participate in any follow up discussion on my own post since I don't know where it is. (I wish mods would notify people when threads are merged/deleted. I recognize you don't get paid and I hope you understand that wishing you would is not the same as getting angry you didn't.)

In any case, my proposal was about finding ways to allow more 50 crystal refreshes for Kyro farming, without allowing for an increase in cheap refreshes to be used for something other than Kyros.

My solution was to put 1 of each Kyro in Fleet Battles 5H Normal (the very last normal battle) and also to have some "double drops" events be changed to "Kyro drop" events where instead of drops being doubled, all nodes have a chance of dropping a Kyro.

The rationale behind having one normal node have a chance to drop each of the two Kyros is
    1) those fleet refreshes are also needed for g12 gear.
    and
    2) for those who are long term planners and investing in the game (whether time or money or both) regularly, it creates 36 half price attempts per day.

This leads to 5 to 9 extra Kyros per day, only if you're actively spending to farm, and only if you're spending all your 50 crystal Fleet Energy refreshes on Kyros. Nothing's free, but for those putting in the work every day, the Kyro grind gets a bit more tolerable.

The reason we can't just do this on regular energy is because
    1) Lower level players are beating Kyro nodes too early for that. You could start collecting extra kyros at level 63 if we simply added the other Kyro to each Kyro node.

and
    2) we need to use out 50 crystal refreshes of regular energy on farming. There aren't many left over, if any.

Fleet battles sector 5 have the advantage of unlocking much later and also of requiring ships to gain access to a character advancement requirement, thus tying the two game sections together better. Further, with Fleet battles never going double blueprint drops, this means that there's going to be a long time spent by characters who have reached level 85 where they're still trying to farm shards/blueprints from Fleet Battles.

Thus this solution avoids giving newer players early access to more Kyros, while allowing end game players who invest the time every day to slowly acquire more Kyros than they would otherwise.

It rewards daily participation, doesn't skew the economy at early levels, and provides targeted relief to those who need it most.

Whatever else CG does to the game economy, I think that they need to add a double Kyro node to the end of fleet battles now.
  • A thread I created got deleted or merged. Was looking for it here, but to no avail.

Obviously we talk about the gear crunch all the time, so i can't imagine that I broke any community guidelines. I even went so far as to suggest a modification to the Kyro economy that (hopefully) wouldn't change much in game, nor would it give out Kyros too soon.

I put a lot of thought into it, and am really disappointed that all that thinking is now lost... by which I mean, maybe it exists, but I can't find it or participate in any follow up discussion on my own post since I don't know where it is. (I wish mods would notify people when threads are merged/deleted. I recognize you don't get paid and I hope you understand that wishing you would is not the same as getting angry you didn't.)

In any case, my proposal was about finding ways to allow more 50 crystal refreshes for Kyro farming, without allowing for an increase in cheap refreshes to be used for something other than Kyros.

My solution was to put 1 of each Kyro in Fleet Battles 5H Normal (the very last normal battle) and also to have some "double drops" events be changed to "Kyro drop" events where instead of drops being doubled, all nodes have a chance of dropping a Kyro.

The rationale behind having one normal node have a chance to drop each of the two Kyros is
    1) those fleet refreshes are also needed for g12 gear.
    and
    2) for those who are long term planners and investing in the game (whether time or money or both) regularly, it creates 36 half price attempts per day.

This leads to 5 to 9 extra Kyros per day, only if you're actively spending to farm, and only if you're spending all your 50 crystal Fleet Energy refreshes on Kyros. Nothing's free, but for those putting in the work every day, the Kyro grind gets a bit more tolerable.

The reason we can't just do this on regular energy is because
    1) Lower level players are beating Kyro nodes too early for that. You could start collecting extra kyros at level 63 if we simply added the other Kyro to each Kyro node.

and
    2) we need to use out 50 crystal refreshes of regular energy on farming. There aren't many left over, if any.

Fleet battles sector 5 have the advantage of unlocking much later and also of requiring ships to gain access to a character advancement requirement, thus tying the two game sections together better. Further, with Fleet battles never going double blueprint drops, this means that there's going to be a long time spent by characters who have reached level 85 where they're still trying to farm shards/blueprints from Fleet Battles.

Thus this solution avoids giving newer players early access to more Kyros, while allowing end game players who invest the time every day to slowly acquire more Kyros than they would otherwise.

It rewards daily participation, doesn't skew the economy at early levels, and provides targeted relief to those who need it most.

Whatever else CG does to the game economy, I think that they need to add a double Kyro node to the end of fleet battles now.

Quick look in your comment history showed it was merged into this thread

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2279634#Comment_2279634
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

While shards are critical for players in order to build a fun and compelling roster, we know many of you have questions around what’s coming next; rest assured there’s more to tackle in regards to the game’s economy but we need to see the results of these shard changes before committing to any future updates. Gear, Ships, and Event rewards are all being closely examined and any upcoming changes will likely be discussed in a future State of the Galaxy or Road Ahead.

This was from the November 2020 road ahead, CG has had long enough and should have triple the amount of data they need. Even if they didn't, don't you think it's tone-deaf not to address this issue....especially after it comes up ALL the time on the forums. If they do indeed read the forums, as you say they do, then it seems like they are choosing to ignore this issue, which in turn, is ignoring us.

Since that post 2 game modes have been fully introduced, which is why they are still looking at it, at the moment. But I expect you to be just as deaf to this information as you think they are to the forum.
  • Totally agree, so many characters are still locked behind a wall of stun guns, stun cuffs, carbantis etc. Many gear pieces are still unable to be donated and shared with guild members.
    Now with relic 9 coming too, all the relic 8 gear pieces need to be made easily available as a matter of urgency too.
  • Kyno wrote: »

While shards are critical for players in order to build a fun and compelling roster, we know many of you have questions around what’s coming next; rest assured there’s more to tackle in regards to the game’s economy but we need to see the results of these shard changes before committing to any future updates. Gear, Ships, and Event rewards are all being closely examined and any upcoming changes will likely be discussed in a future State of the Galaxy or Road Ahead.

This was from the November 2020 road ahead, CG has had long enough and should have triple the amount of data they need. Even if they didn't, don't you think it's tone-deaf not to address this issue....especially after it comes up ALL the time on the forums. If they do indeed read the forums, as you say they do, then it seems like they are choosing to ignore this issue, which in turn, is ignoring us.

Since that post 2 game modes have been fully introduced, which is why they are still looking at it, at the moment. But I expect you to be just as deaf to this information as you think they are to the forum.

Won't that data be rendered obsolete when relic 9 comes out? Like unless relic 9 doesn't take any currently available gear at all, it's going to change the economy again. And then what? Is that going to be their next excuse for not doing anything? "Well we just released a whole new relic level, so we need to wait for that change to settle in before we can look at the data again".

Seriously, it just seems like they don't want to do anything about the gear economy. They might as well come out and say that at this point, because Doja also avoided every single question about the gear economy when he was on Discord earlier. Nothing against him, because he can't say what he can't say and he's not the one making decisions, but it's really telling that they're happy to introduce yet another relic level while taking no action on changing bottlenecks that have existed for years.
  • JediRob78
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    "But I expect you to be just as deaf to this information as you think they are to the forum".

....Time to get a new community manager that isn't rude to the loyal fan base.

• JediRob78 wrote: »
    "But I expect you to be just as deaf to this information as you think they are to the forum".

....Time to get a new community manager that isn't rude to the loyal fan base.

Kyno's not a community manager, just a mod
  • @DarjeloSalas

Thanks, I didn't realize that it would show up there. You've given me a new tool & I appreciate it.

That said, the comment wasn't about the road ahead, it was about the gear crunch. I'm disappointed it was merged.

• Better mod then
  • Kyno wrote: »

That STILL doesn’t answer anything I’ve asked.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I am well aware of those 2 game modes that I think don't do enough to ease the crunch, especially with signal data.
    "...as you think they are to the forum"
    I can only go by what I see on the forums...pretty much the only time we hear from CG is when they are announcing something....they rarely interact with the players here. The proof is in the pudding, my friend. Crumb hasn't responded to anyone since June 15th....and Doja has only 2 responses this month to players(outside the BB thread)...its July 23rd....is this how you manage a community? Is reading the forums, but not asking questions or making sure you understand the frustration the players are feeling by interacting, a good way to manage the community? This is why I said it SEEMS like they don't read the forums, because of their lack of interaction...oh and the lack of players wants introduced into the game....noone was asking for r9.

They have been busy with many roles and also, I believe they are working on a more divided plan where Doja will do more here, and Crumb will take on other roles.

I agree they dont seem to be a solution to the current gear situation, but they are not meant to be the end all be all.