[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • Options
    Is Lord Vader going to be Empire or Republic? Of course he will be Sith. However Jedi Master Kenobi and Lord Vader should be heroes for Geonosis Territory Battle. Another thing worth looking into would be Battle of Crait, make it harder than Hoth but easier than Geonosis?
  • Options
    Another thing we need more Separatist units (both ships and characters), especially another flagship since Republic has two. A suggestion would be Invisible Hand with Count Dooku as Commander that is full of Separatist/Sith synergy but also Anti-Republic bonuses and make into a legendary event like the Chimaera
  • Options
    The refunds being offered might be the most insulting part of this post.

    It’s like we bought your $1000 product on top of working an entire year for it. Then, you release a required update that makes the product no longer function. So we ofc want to return it, but instead you offer us a nickel back, but only if we bought $1500 deluxe editions of the product that was only available to 1% of buyers.

    Lmao what a joke.
  • Options
    I have one thing to say about this update:

    Nute Gunray would be proud. CG has successfully introduced the Extortion ability to the real-world.
  • Ultra
    11543 posts Moderator
    Options
    Frostiee wrote: »
    The refunds being offered might be the most insulting part of this post.

    It’s like we bought your $1000 product on top of working an entire year for it. Then, you release a required update that makes the product no longer function. So we ofc want to return it, but instead you offer us a nickel back, but only if we bought $1500 deluxe editions of the product that was only available to 1% of buyers.

    Lmao what a joke.

    They can't refund r8 Vader to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for SEE
    They can't refund r8 JKL to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for JML
    They can't refund r8 Wat to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for JMK

    Even if these toons were rendered awful, they are still GL pre-reqs, and we've had bad pre-reqs before for each GL (Royal Guard, Lando, Mace, etc)
  • Bahl00
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Shame on you capital games!!!

    That's my reaction to the changes proposed. Nothing more really needs to be said than that but I will go on...

    As someone who does whale on the game but doesn't want the LS GLs and faces 2v4 or 2v5 GLs every match in GAC why in the hell would I continue to spend money on (or even play) this game anymore?! Impossible GLs remove the skill and remove the balance entirely from the game.

    LV requirements are steep but fine overall.

    Executor requirements are excessive IMO but whatever...

    Maul YAY... called it... but now this might be impossible due to GL changes???

    Overall SERIOUSLY BAD changes and I'm struggling to find a reason to continue to play the game, CG certainly will be removing any trace of fun left in the game... the MOST satisfying thing in SWGOH since GLs was culling the worst character in all of Star Wars (Rey) out of existence with Darth Vader, thanks for nerfing the fun CG, shame shame shame!

    Ps. How exactly did fracture or corrupt battle meditation affect defense... How does one say SCAPEGOAT?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Frostiee wrote: »
    The refunds being offered might be the most insulting part of this post.

    It’s like we bought your $1000 product on top of working an entire year for it. Then, you release a required update that makes the product no longer function. So we ofc want to return it, but instead you offer us a nickel back, but only if we bought $1500 deluxe editions of the product that was only available to 1% of buyers.

    Lmao what a joke.

    They can't refund r8 Vader to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for SEE
    They can't refund r8 JKL to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for JML
    They can't refund r8 Wat to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for JMK

    Even if these toons were rendered awful, they are still GL pre-reqs, and we've had bad pre-reqs before for each GL (Royal Guard, Lando, Mace, etc)

    Okay. I can understand that. But I don’t see how that makes it any less harmful to the players who have put an entire year into building up to these characters for them to feel lied to.
  • Options
    Well I hope this doesn't get lost.

    CG - I am the GL of 2 guilds and an alliance leader. I'm in a large number of community discords. I just want to emphasize just how bad you've made things

    People are going to leave. That's a fact. People who stay aren't going to spend nearly as much. You're saying this is for the longevity of the game, but everyone sees through that.

    My guild has lost 2 wars in the past 2 years despite the horrible matchmaking system giving us incredibly uphill fights against guilds going in with far less and consistently having more GLs than us.

    We have PRIDED ourselves on our GL counters and consistently hit top TW leaderboard ranks while being unranked in GP.

    We go from winning a large number of wars to simply losing now when we're down GLs. I guess we just don't spend enough.

    I'm going to have to do a ton of work replacing the people who have already told me their gone - and I don't blame them. Maybe I'll wise up and join them.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, with all of these nerfs coming because "the future game rests on the shoulders of defense," then every counter we as a community find will end up being nerfed. I understand that non-gl counters = less $$ for CG. Clearly its cheaper to build a team of 5 to lower gear than to gear 15 toons to relic 3-9. However, the off-meta counters created balance in the game. The only people this "change" benefits is the Krakens who have 5 GLs who got sick of having their Rey smacked by Vader or Dark Trooper rocket punch their SEE. With that being said, in GAC if my opponent has 2 GLs and I have 3, nothing is stopping me from putting all 3 on defense and watching him fail to full clear. Same goes for TW, put all GLs on defense if your guild has more and you win. How anyone could think this idea is the "right direction" for the game is beyond me.
  • Options
    Why? Just why? The game was actually in a good spot for once - never try to fix something that’s not broken!
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Guys you have to see the positive side of these changes. You have much more time to play other games! You just count gls before gac and tw and whoever got more autowins and you have much more free time.
  • Options
    Agree with what is written before.
    Further: oh yes, bad batch is so important in the path leading Jedi Anakin to turn into the Sith Lord Vader etc… 😂😂😂
    Come on!
    They literally didn’t exist until the recent cartoon series was created.
    🤮
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Beside my bad feelings about the speed how fast r9 came and many player only have only a one or two characters at R8, for guides not beating the cpit it came additional pressure as it was when Geo DS was introduced.
    But all in all, the game lives from the whales at all but I am not sure if such steps moves small investors away from the game.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Agree with what is written before.
    Further: oh yes, bad batch is so important in the path leading Jedi Anakin to turn into the Sith Lord Vader etc… 😂😂😂
    Come on!
    They literally didn’t exist until the recent cartoon series was created.
    🤮
    Bad Batch were in the final series of Clone Wars too, and Anakin fought alongside them.

    Not saying they were especially important, but there is more of a connection than you think there is.
  • Options
    So, now if i see a galactic leyend, i have to automatically surrender instead of planing a strategy, thanks for making this game boring
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with what is written before.
    Further: oh yes, bad batch is so important in the path leading Jedi Anakin to turn into the Sith Lord Vader etc… 😂😂😂
    Come on!
    They literally didn’t exist until the recent cartoon series was created.
    🤮
    Bad Batch were in the final series of Clone Wars too, and Anakin fought alongside them.

    Not saying they were especially important, but there is more of a connection than you think there is.

    Final season of Clone Wars was their first appereance (February 2020). It's not a stretch to say they didn't exist until recently.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Options
    After meditating on this for several hours in my dark room.

    This whole situation seems like we have all been invited to a wonderful get together. With CG as our gracious host.

    Like all proper parties there were treats, snacks, and drinks. (Targets of said nerfs)

    We ate them up and talked, formed bonds with newly met friends, and enjoyed ourselves etc.

    Then lo and behold our host finds a wayward treat that has fallen from it's proper place. This poor treat has hairs and a dust bunny clinging to it. They deftly pluck those nasty bits off. Then in front of their now horrified guests who have suddenly realized where this is going, consumes it whole.

    Even licking their fingers in defiance of those ghastly stares.

    Then our brazen host scans the room and says, "What are any of you going to do about it?"

    At that very moment some will become very interested in the tile, while others look to the ceiling, some whisper to their neighbors their discontent, and while the most bold audibly grumble. However. None. Leave.

    Then our host says, "That's what I thought." While sauntering away, with a swish in their step, hand on their hip with one in the air, and a hair upon their lip.

  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a stretch to say Anakin slid to tha dark side because he was so annoyed by bad batch. As long as disney wills it, it will be.
  • Options
    th3evo wrote: »
    Agree with what is written before.
    Further: oh yes, bad batch is so important in the path leading Jedi Anakin to turn into the Sith Lord Vader etc… 😂😂😂
    Come on!
    They literally didn’t exist until the recent cartoon series was created.
    🤮
    Bad Batch were in the final series of Clone Wars too, and Anakin fought alongside them.

    Not saying they were especially important, but there is more of a connection than you think there is.

    Final season of Clone Wars was their first appereance (February 2020). It's not a stretch to say they didn't exist until recently.

    No it isn’t, but he said they “didn’t exist until the recent cartoon series was created.”

    I am merely pointing out that they were also in Clone Wars and did interact with Anakin, which I don’t think the poster is aware of
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    R_Val_17 wrote: »
    This is low down. I love how you always do this on a Friday.

    So what people can find counters you didn't think of in your "extensive" testing. That's what makes this game fun. Like a puzzle.

    I really enjoyed working with my guild to come up with JMK and CAT counters when she came out. That was actually VERY fun. It's no means an easy fight but still manageable.

    Guess that is something that was not supposed to happen.

    Sad.
    There are some GL counters that still exist, that CG hasn't nerfed or affected with this

    Will have to wait and see if the broader community learns of them or not

    So DV, Wat and Thrawn no longer being counters is just like, nothing?

    Outta here with that weak apologist crap.

    Apologizing for what?

    I'm not a fan of some of the nerfs myself, just reassuring the person that I quoted that he can still find newer counters in the game


    There shouldn’t be nerfs at all. If they want to fix defense interactions then ok. The changes to buff all GL’s and make non GL counters obsolete/impossible is not good.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I decided this Road ahead was worth logging in to post my feedback on...
    I am a long term (f2p) player who has enjoyed this game for 5 years.

    I am deeply unhappy about the changes (nerfs) to all non-GL counters. part of what has kept this game interesting and enjoyable for me has been the theory crafting and finding new ways to use older toons.

    These changes will make the game more boring for me because it removes so much of the strategy in GAC and TWs.

    I also have wider concerns for how some of these changes (nerfs) will affect PvE content. e.g. the Gas/Ahsoka mission in LSTB and the Wat special mission in DSTB.

    I expect ridiculous requirements for the latest shiny things, but taking away the fun of this game to force people to get the latest GLs is a terrible idea.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Options
    I like the style of the communication, good effort.

    The content changes to non GLs I dislike to the max.

    I don't want GLs only beatable by GLs, its going to be boring.

    I'm not sure who asked for that, if you listen to the community like you say perhaps you can see the overriding feeling is these changes aren't for the better!
  • Options
    th3evo wrote: »
    Agree with what is written before.
    Further: oh yes, bad batch is so important in the path leading Jedi Anakin to turn into the Sith Lord Vader etc… 😂😂😂
    Come on!
    They literally didn’t exist until the recent cartoon series was created.
    🤮
    Bad Batch were in the final series of Clone Wars too, and Anakin fought alongside them.

    Not saying they were especially important, but there is more of a connection than you think there is.

    Final season of Clone Wars was their first appereance (February 2020). It's not a stretch to say they didn't exist until recently.

    No it isn’t, but he said they “didn’t exist until the recent cartoon series was created.”

    I am merely pointing out that they were also in Clone Wars and did interact with Anakin, which I don’t think the poster is aware of

    Ok, sorry if I was exaggerate (but it’s incredible how someone fixes the attention on smaller points).
    Please read as “bad batch has been recently created, it didn’t exist at the time of Revenge of the sith and is totally irrelevant in the deep suffering path leading the Jedi Anakin to become a Sith Lord”.
    Ok now? The point is that BB is among the reqs only to suck money from the players. No plot necessity. No rule in Anakin’s journey.
    How can I explain better? Do you think that all the people I occasionally meet in my life had a role in my most important choices? Of course not. They are grey no-face characters in the background.
    Same for BB in Anakin-Vader life.
  • Options
    Will we see some new tusken characters added to have a full team? Maybe tusken child & woman?
  • Options
    I love the new video format, it is much better way to communicate and explain to us what is coming and why instead of just forum posts as before.

    So well done on that part!

    For the news itself while I may not agree with everything I do understand their point of view.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    My only concern is relic 9.
    Hope that source will be ftp friendly.

    Ha ha ha!
  • Options
    If I lose a GAC match because I don't have the counter, I'll accept it. If I lose because I've misplayed due to the surgical precision required against a GL, I'll accept it. If I lose because the developers code says I have to lose before I even start, I uninstall the game.
    Level 59
  • Options
    Falco3 wrote: »
    To all those worried about a nerf, I'm not so sure reading the details. The nerf mostly address ignoring defense abilities, and are offset but substantial buffs. So maybe they're not as good vs GLS, but seem like they're being made into stronger toons overall. Having gas stand up twice as fast is huge, not reducing GL max health is big too, but I wonder how these will balance out. Looks like they took the best NON-GL characters and made them stronger but less likely to counter GLS.

    What do you mean, gas could beat anything none gl (except luke i guess) anyway and now they arent changing it. all the reason I personally spent a year on getting gas was the fact that he could be used with revan to counter rey. g12 thrawn was enough for that counter too. all they did was splitting GLs from the rest of toons. thrawn, wat vader was used to counter things like dr too. not its useless. these changes are the worst thing they could do IMO. they were sad that some toons were better than they desired and they nerfed all of them.
Sign In or Register to comment.