[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • SSB
    70 posts Member
    How do you expect to change the GAC Matchmaking? As someone with 2 GLs won't have any changes against someone with 3 GLs

    This was an area that we had specific concerns over and we will definitely be monitoring how this affects match ups in Grand Arena, encounters in Journey Guide events and everywhere else. I have put together a report of top concerns and questions from today's announcement for the team. Many of them are ones I or our testers have already raised.
    Zumwan wrote: »
    So, after reading all the comments here, I wonder if the Devs will ever read them or if they care about our opinion.
    Doja and I have read through every comment in this thread and many others. We have taken the constructive feedback to the team. I understand these changes feel frustrating but we are listening and we had many long conversations about how this impacts players before we decided on this plan.

    Among them the other things that we don’t like about this RA, didn’t you say that you were only going to make us R8 good characters for the requirements? Why would you consider Boba Fett a good character? He and his ship are outdated and useless
  • @lifeisagame007
    Maybe this has been asked already but when Wat's weapon tech gets changed...
    Won't that make SM in Phase 4 Geo TB DS much harder? Usually I would put weapon tech on Geo Spy and he would be hitting very hard, the concern is that without the damage boost this SM will become much harder.
    Is it possible to add some other bonus to offset the loss of ignoring damage for cases such as Geo TB?

    Yep. They added r9 so you can invest in your Spy. Are you not happy?
  • Nauros
    5227 posts Member
    SSB wrote: »
    How do you expect to change the GAC Matchmaking? As someone with 2 GLs won't have any changes against someone with 3 GLs

    This was an area that we had specific concerns over and we will definitely be monitoring how this affects match ups in Grand Arena, encounters in Journey Guide events and everywhere else. I have put together a report of top concerns and questions from today's announcement for the team. Many of them are ones I or our testers have already raised.
    Zumwan wrote: »
    So, after reading all the comments here, I wonder if the Devs will ever read them or if they care about our opinion.
    Doja and I have read through every comment in this thread and many others. We have taken the constructive feedback to the team. I understand these changes feel frustrating but we are listening and we had many long conversations about how this impacts players before we decided on this plan.

    Among them the other things that we don’t like about this RA, didn’t you say that you were only going to make us R8 good characters for the requirements? Why would you consider Boba Fett a good character? He and his ship are outdated and useless

    Boba is still fine and you don't know what his ship will be capable of under Executor. Of all the things to complain about here, this is somewhere at the bottom of the list.
  • MaruMaru
    2778 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    The dark trooper isn’t going to be bad.

    People honestly don’t read anything.

    No see killer anymore. That's the only thing that matters.
  • Although we've had steadily increasing relic requirements on the Toon event side, there have been no relic requirements for ship events. Not ever.

    We (at the very least) needed an event where the pilot requirements were r3 (an equivalent to JKL) before racing forward to require r7s (much less r8s) for another ship event.

    So, in addition to the comment about the ridiculous disconnect between the amount of effort it requires to r8 a toon vs the amount of effort it requires to 4* a ship (or even 7* a ship for the final round), there's also just a general lack of appreciation that requirement creep on the Toon side does not translate to expectations for requirement creep on the ship side.

    There are good reasons for that, and I could elaborate, but I've already said a lot in this thread, so I'll hold back on that.

    @ TVF:

    I hope you're not counting me as someone who thinks JMLS is useless. What I've said is that a nerf to JMLS's damage dealers is a nerf to JMLS (which is objectively true), and that there's reason to worry about how this will play out in battles between JMLS & toons that he used to dominate (like SLKR). I am withholding final judgement until we actually see the squad in action, but there's at least a small reason to worry that the inevitable TM reduction granting MaxHealth to SLKR will no longer be countered by GAS, and the long cooldown on JKLS's repulse (well, long given his low base speed), will mean that SLKR's protection gets removed faster because of that early use of Repulse to stun SLKR's allies, but his health steal is even better able to keep him in the game (now that there are no MaxHealth reductions from GAS) long enough to kill JKLS.

    If SLKR can kill JKLS before the 2nd repulse, that will be a problem. Again, I'm not saying that I know the team will perform worse, but I have reason to be concerned until I see the team in action.

    Then again, all this could be wasted verbiage because you weren't counting me in the category of people who think JMLS is worthless. In that case, I apologize for wasting your time.
  • Whatelse73
    1602 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Nauros wrote: »
    SSB wrote: »
    How do you expect to change the GAC Matchmaking? As someone with 2 GLs won't have any changes against someone with 3 GLs

    This was an area that we had specific concerns over and we will definitely be monitoring how this affects match ups in Grand Arena, encounters in Journey Guide events and everywhere else. I have put together a report of top concerns and questions from today's announcement for the team. Many of them are ones I or our testers have already raised.
    Zumwan wrote: »
    So, after reading all the comments here, I wonder if the Devs will ever read them or if they care about our opinion.
    Doja and I have read through every comment in this thread and many others. We have taken the constructive feedback to the team. I understand these changes feel frustrating but we are listening and we had many long conversations about how this impacts players before we decided on this plan.

    Among them the other things that we don’t like about this RA, didn’t you say that you were only going to make us R8 good characters for the requirements? Why would you consider Boba Fett a good character? He and his ship are outdated and useless

    Boba is still fine and you don't know what his ship will be capable of under Executor. Of all the things to complain about here, this is somewhere at the bottom of the list.

    Actually, the overarching concern is the fact that we still have some "generation one" characters that have outdated kits. Juxtapose that to newer characters having kits more extensive than the instructions on how to build a computer. Slave 1, even with Boba relic'd doesn't do well anymore. It just doesn't hold up. Under certain circumstances Boba can do well, but his kit/stats need updating. (I have him at R5 already and it's not that earth shattering.) He's not as bad as Mace or Rose, but he's not a character to be feared on defense, nor his ship.

    Speaking of ships, CG you owe us at least another dozen regular ships. We will soon have our 9th capital ship, but still only have enough regular ships for six of them and now we're going to be short 19 ships for all the capital ships we'll have. Shipload of content should be including tanks for Resistance and FO, more Sith ships, a ship for Dengar, etc. Oh and we'll have THREE Empire capital ships, but we only have SIX Empire ships. Six...
  • Csonkagi
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    The delay of Conquest 7 hurts many players. In Conquest 3 you made a mistake that made it impossible to buy 20 CAT shards. You corrected this by giving 5 CAT shards much later. But this was late for players who calculated 4 months in advance, believing that with only 1-month delay they can obtain CAT. Now you make this delay longer. I suggest starting Conquest 7 ASAP and introduce the complex new stuff in Conquest 8. Learning from your past records it seems to me that those changes are huge, lots of errors might occur and you must delay further the conquest 7, which might be buggy and crashing, due to too hasty introduction.
  • Ultra
    10182 posts Moderator
    Csonkagi wrote: »
    The delay of Conquest 7 hurts many players. In Conquest 3 you made a mistake that made it impossible to buy 20 CAT shards. You corrected this by giving 5 CAT shards much later. But this was late for players who calculated 4 months in advance, believing that with only 1-month delay they can obtain CAT. Now you make this delay longer. I suggest starting Conquest 7 ASAP and introduce the stuff in Conquest 8. It seems to me that those changes are huge, lots of errors might occur and you must delay further the conquest 7, which might be buggy and crashing, due to too hasty introduction.

    You could acquire enough currency to buy 15 CAT shards in Conquest 3 starting from 0 credits, the 5 CAT shards offset what you couldn't get
  • Whatelse73
    1602 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.

    As was stated, the power of JML is protecting his allies while they take down the other team. When it comes down to 1v1, JML loses or at best will timeout vs another GL but never win. His "allies" getting a nerf is problematic, but at the same time we don't know yet how bad the updates will be. (Just as much as we don't know that everything will be "fine" after the update.)
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.

    As was stated, the power of JML is protecting his allies while they take down the other team. When it comes down to 1v1, JML loses or at best will timeout vs another GL but never win. His "allies" getting a nerf is problematic, but at the same time we don't know yet how bad the updates will be. (Just as much as we don't know that everything will be "fine" after the update.)

    But JKL is not really nerfed at all. Jedi Will gives twice as much offense instead of ignoring defense, and he has base armor pen increase. You all must have no idea how much damage repulse will do to GLs. If anything you won’t need to rely as much on having GAS on the team to beat other GLs
  • Ultra
    10182 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.

    As was stated, the power of JML is protecting his allies while they take down the other team. When it comes down to 1v1, JML loses or at best will timeout vs another GL but never win. His "allies" getting a nerf is problematic, but at the same time we don't know yet how bad the updates will be. (Just as much as we don't know that everything will be "fine" after the update.)

    If you were getting to a 1v1 situation with JML vs other GLs than the kit changes before and after doesn't matter because you will still end up losing

    JKL got buffed in some areas, and only lost ignore defense (offset with defense penetration, offense increase, 3x200% damage vs GLs, he still ignores defense vs Tanks)

    GAS lost ignore defense on his basic (got some armor pen in exchange), but in some scenarios his AOE + Kick dealt massive amounts of damage and that isn't changed or affected at all
  • The lack of mod overview causes lots of problems. The mod sell could be developed further to give a nice overview of the mod developments. Mods are the most important part of this game.

    Also, you make the fleet game poorly playable because of the lack of a ship squad, you must set the ships one by one.
  • @ Ultra

    I'm not worried about JKL. The real concern is GAS not reducing MaxHealth vs. GLs.

    A nerf to JMLS's damage dealers is a nerf to JMLS. The GAS nerf has a very significant impact on the ability to kill GLs. Will the JKL changes (more than) make up for it? We will have to see.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Stormdude wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    The dark trooper isn’t going to be bad.

    People honestly don’t read anything.

    Can't read if it isn't writen, my friend. If i did say i read what was written, i would be liar just like CG is with their testings.

    It's said in the video at 9:34 that they :
    "Call out Dark Trooper" (?)
    That people invested in him to counter GLs(true)
    Our investment past r5 will be returned

    They essentialy tell us nothing of WHAT they will do to him. My bet is to lower his damage with zero changes to how buggy that boy is.

    They stated it's due to the changes to SEEs kit, that limits/removed the IT counter. No changes to DTs kit.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Stormdude wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    The dark trooper isn’t going to be bad.

    People honestly don’t read anything.

    Can't read if it isn't writen, my friend. If i did say i read what was written, i would be liar just like CG is with their testings.

    It's said in the video at 9:34 that they :
    "Call out Dark Trooper" (?)
    That people invested in him to counter GLs(true)
    Our investment past r5 will be returned

    They essentialy tell us nothing of WHAT they will do to him. My bet is to lower his damage with zero changes to how buggy that boy is.

    They stated it's due to the changes to SEEs kit, that limits/removed the IT counter. No changes to DTs kit.

    Glad to hear I didn't miss anything. Frankly, IT are still an amazing team with the SEE buff. Killing maxed SE teams for 59/60 is amazing.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Stormdude wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    The dark trooper isn’t going to be bad.

    People honestly don’t read anything.

    Can't read if it isn't writen, my friend. If i did say i read what was written, i would be liar just like CG is with their testings.

    It's said in the video at 9:34 that they :
    "Call out Dark Trooper" (?)
    That people invested in him to counter GLs(true)
    Our investment past r5 will be returned

    They essentialy tell us nothing of WHAT they will do to him. My bet is to lower his damage with zero changes to how buggy that boy is.

    They stated it's due to the changes to SEEs kit, that limits/removed the IT counter. No changes to DTs kit.


    Exactly what I said. I don’t get how people think DT is gonna all of a sudden be bad.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    This game has changed quite radically before. Every MMO I know has went through radical change. Always done to protect the future when developers back themselves into corners with previous kits.

    It always causes outrage. It always has the forums and discord’s turning into raging dumpster fires.

    A few months later it’s forgotten.

    Now this is not always the case for every game, but it does always seem the case for good games, and this at its core is a very good game.

    There have been times in several of the most popular MMO’s out there that characters people had spent several years on where nerfed into irrelevance. Times when new Characters have done the same job and invalidated the previous top toon people had been top with for years. The outrage is palpable. A few months after changes it’s forgotten about.

    This is a great game, with a great community. These changes will be soaked up and overcome.
  • Honestly, this is taking the game in a terrible direction. People payed money for certain characters because of their in game mechanics. To remove that now is telling them that that money was poorly spent. Besides, even saying that you don’t like to do it, the truth is after doing it once, you could do it again. So people will think twice before spending more money knowing that what they are buying could be changed for worse. Plus, a lot of people studied a lot of the mechanics to extract more of the game. This basically narrows the ability to play the game. Knowledge and strategy no longer matter. Either you have a certain toon or though luck. That, plus the incredibly difficult levels to achieve like R8 (can’t even imagine what 9 will look like) means that if you want to evolve in the game, you’ll need to spend money. But is risky to do so when there is a precedent of changing the toons further down the road. I’ve been playing this game for over 5 years, but felt that this is a terrible direction. I’ve been enjoying pretty much everything that you’ve been doing so far, but this killed me. If this idea moves forward I might not play it anymore…
  • Stormdude wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    The dark trooper isn’t going to be bad.

    People honestly don’t read anything.

    No see killer anymore. That's the only thing that matters.

    Then they need to nerf Snow and Death cuz you can (could?) beat SEE with them when Dark Trooper wasn't f2p farmable. It was trickier, yes, but doable with right turn order and speed.

    Yeah well now SEE and allies will get turn meter with every stack of a non-dispellable buff aka Emperors Trap so we won't be able to outrun them anymore sadly.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Stormdude wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    The dark trooper isn’t going to be bad.

    People honestly don’t read anything.

    Can't read if it isn't writen, my friend. If i did say i read what was written, i would be liar just like CG is with their testings.

    It's said in the video at 9:34 that they :
    "Call out Dark Trooper" (?)
    That people invested in him to counter GLs(true)
    Our investment past r5 will be returned

    They essentialy tell us nothing of WHAT they will do to him. My bet is to lower his damage with zero changes to how buggy that boy is.

    They stated it's due to the changes to SEEs kit, that limits/removed the IT counter. No changes to DTs kit.


    Exactly what I said. I don’t get how people think DT is gonna all of a sudden be bad.

    The video structure makes it confusing. Crumb is talking about character changes and then he calls out DT specifically (even though they aren't making any changes to him directly). So I understand why people were confused.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Fair enough
  • MaruMaru
    2778 posts Member
    Stormdude wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    The dark trooper isn’t going to be bad.

    People honestly don’t read anything.

    No see killer anymore. That's the only thing that matters.

    Then they need to nerf Snow and Death cuz you can (could?) beat SEE with them when Dark Trooper wasn't f2p farmable. It was trickier, yes, but doable with right turn order and speed.

    So? This toon is getting refunded, not others.
Sign In or Register to comment.