[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1605 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @TVF I'm not surprised having GLs and their reqs helps a lot in TB. I didn't mean to suggest that the only place it pays dividends is arena. Tried really hard to only point out that your experience and goals are likely different than most.

    I will say, however, that I suspect you often have more GLs than your opponent in GAC. Which, with the current MM algorithm and the incoming balance changes, will only continue to be good for you. Meanwhile, my Vader team is soon to be a detriment in MM for me :(
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.
  • TVF
    36035 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?

    You said you disagreed with the point about staying on top of meta and nothing else but you are doing exactly that. I'm not saying that chasing the meta can't have some benefits but that doesn't change the fact that you are only chasing the meta and nothing else.
  • TVF
    36035 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?

    You said you disagreed with the point about staying on top of meta and nothing else but you are doing exactly that. I'm not saying that chasing the meta can't have some benefits but that doesn't change the fact that you are only chasing the meta and nothing else.

    This makes no sense. See ya.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?

    You said you disagreed with the point about staying on top of meta and nothing else but you are doing exactly that. I'm not saying that chasing the meta can't have some benefits but that doesn't change the fact that you are only chasing the meta and nothing else.

    This makes no sense. See ya.

    But I’m still asking, for those that don’t do passion projects, non GL counters, etc what do you suggest?
    Do you think that the current gear economy is good? Needs work?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?

    You said you disagreed with the point about staying on top of meta and nothing else but you are doing exactly that. I'm not saying that chasing the meta can't have some benefits but that doesn't change the fact that you are only chasing the meta and nothing else.

    This makes no sense. See ya.

    But I’m still asking, for those that don’t do passion projects, non GL counters, etc what do you suggest?
    Do you think that the current gear economy is good? Needs work?

    Feel free to browse my profile. I have most of the top tier, off meta teams at G13. And I started ticket farming on my 5th GL yesterday.

    I spent maybe $200 in my first 2 years with the game (started spring 2017) and nothing since. Been getting 1st in fleet for about 3 years and 1st in squad for about 2.

    I think the gear economy has been relatively fair for a tryhard like myself. I am worried that may change with the ever increasing demand for relics. I also suspect I would have quit out of frustration if I fell behind the meta and couldn't conjure up a counter.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Is it really "chasing" the meta if a player has got themselves into the fortunate situation where they can rapidly adjust and get shiny new things almost instantly? It's more "strolling up to the meta and shaking hands" than chasing.

    Investing only in meta characters/requirements is called chasing the meta. Don't get too hang up on the definition of the word "chasing" - it's just slang.
    As I said it's not always a bad thing - it clearly works for TVF.
  • I'm at 5.5mm (account is 2.5 years old), have been 1st in fleet for 2.25 years and 1st in arena for about 1.75 years, have won all HSTRs since getting SLKR about a year ago, and all Crancor for 2 months. No passion projects, and only have 2 GLs and virtually nothing hoarded, either by way of gear, GET, or relic materials. Can only do about 2-3 relic characters per month (starting from scratch). I earn around 825 crystals/day from arena (but double refresh is sometimes needed) and it goes right out: 300 for cantina (relic mats), 150 for regular energy, 150 for ships, and 150 for mods, sometimes with 25-50 for hard node refreshes. Anything extra I have usually gets dumped into having to buy golden eyeballs (the 750 for 50 part). GET2 gets dumped into kyros, GET1 gets dumped into stun guns and currently mk8 binoculars and/or mk6 medpacs. GAC currency goes into kyros, mod slicing mats, or mk5 droid callers.

    Cannot imagine how badly I would be struggling without top arena ranks. Right now I feel like I'm barely staying afloat.
  • UdalCuain
    4926 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Is it really "chasing" the meta if a player has got themselves into the fortunate situation where they can rapidly adjust and get shiny new things almost instantly? It's more "strolling up to the meta and shaking hands" than chasing.

    Investing only in meta characters/requirements is called chasing the meta. Don't get too hang up on the definition of the word "chasing" - it's just slang.
    As I said it's not always a bad thing - it clearly works for TVF.

    Well, that attempt at humour was clearly wasted.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Is it really "chasing" the meta if a player has got themselves into the fortunate situation where they can rapidly adjust and get shiny new things almost instantly? It's more "strolling up to the meta and shaking hands" than chasing.

    Investing only in meta characters/requirements is called chasing the meta. Don't get too hang up on the definition of the word "chasing" - it's just slang.
    As I said it's not always a bad thing - it clearly works for TVF.

    Well, that attempt at humour was clearly wasted.

    I found it funny.
  • TVF
    36035 posts Member
    I prefer to think of it as giving the meta a long-lasting hug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Elisa0077 wrote: »
    I'm at 5.5mm (account is 2.5 years old), have been 1st in fleet for 2.25 years and 1st in arena for about 1.75 years, have won all HSTRs since getting SLKR about a year ago, and all Crancor for 2 months. No passion projects, and only have 2 GLs and virtually nothing hoarded, either by way of gear, GET, or relic materials. Can only do about 2-3 relic characters per month (starting from scratch). I earn around 825 crystals/day from arena (but double refresh is sometimes needed) and it goes right out: 300 for cantina (relic mats), 150 for regular energy, 150 for ships, and 150 for mods, sometimes with 25-50 for hard node refreshes. Anything extra I have usually gets dumped into having to buy golden eyeballs (the 750 for 50 part). GET2 gets dumped into kyros, GET1 gets dumped into stun guns and currently mk8 binoculars and/or mk6 medpacs. GAC currency goes into kyros, mod slicing mats, or mk5 droid callers.

    Cannot imagine how badly I would be struggling without top arena ranks. Right now I feel like I'm barely staying afloat.

    That’s exactly it, well said. I’m fortunate with my guild, raids, & arenas after 3.5 years and am still grinding quite hard to get my 3rd GL.

    I do have my alt account that shows me just how long it takes for someone starting out new when not in a consistent LS Geo guild, not getting top arena payouts, and not getting top raid rewards. This road ahead offered nothing to that account and likewise to anyone else in a similar position.
  • Elisa0077 wrote: »
    I'm at 5.5mm (account is 2.5 years old), have been 1st in fleet for 2.25 years and 1st in arena for about 1.75 years, have won all HSTRs since getting SLKR about a year ago, and all Crancor for 2 months. No passion projects, and only have 2 GLs and virtually nothing hoarded, either by way of gear, GET, or relic materials. Can only do about 2-3 relic characters per month (starting from scratch). I earn around 825 crystals/day from arena (but double refresh is sometimes needed) and it goes right out: 300 for cantina (relic mats), 150 for regular energy, 150 for ships, and 150 for mods, sometimes with 25-50 for hard node refreshes. Anything extra I have usually gets dumped into having to buy golden eyeballs (the 750 for 50 part). GET2 gets dumped into kyros, GET1 gets dumped into stun guns and currently mk8 binoculars and/or mk6 medpacs. GAC currency goes into kyros, mod slicing mats, or mk5 droid callers.

    Cannot imagine how badly I would be struggling without top arena ranks. Right now I feel like I'm barely staying afloat.

    What do you mean by relic 2-3 characters a month ? How high in relic level ?
  • Elisa0077
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Generally, to whatever I need (e.g., for a GL requirement, to whatever the requirement is); otherwise, usually 3 or 5 (sometimes 7). But other than relic mats, all of the gearing takes place from G8 to G13, so that is really what I was focused on in that comment. For example, if I need to relic up 10 characters (some at G1, some at G8, maybe 1 or 2 already at G10-11) for a new GL, it usually would take me about 4 months based on past experience. Obviously, older characters have been easier to take to G13 than newer ones.

    (Have not yet run into a significant amount of scavenger shortage below aurodium (probably will soon), but I have had to use crystals occasionally to buy carbonite stuff, which I really haven't reflected in the above.)
  • Avinash
    168 posts Member
    Ultra, dude, you have no idea what you're talking about except being a sycophant to CG.
    The gear crunch is real. The super bad RNG is real. The lack of acknowledging the player base is real. Whether it's F2P or P2P, the backend stealth nerfs, adjusting the AI playability, and the ever-growing realism that gear drops stink more and more makes the player base revolt.

    Mass quitting of the game - which loses revenue even if it's small. But it adds up. It's not the Krakens/Whales that pay for the game, but the millions of dolphins that get more and more frustrated. Don't get me started on crafting! I have 5 GLs, so what. I see what the players go through to try and keep up with the gear crunch, trying to make their payouts and what the nerfs do is put players further and further back - basically eliminating the middle players.
  • TargetEadu
    1476 posts Member
    How about we stop focusing on specific players and start focusing on the actual issues and where we, as “the community” and as individuals, stand on them? That will actually give CG and Friends something to read and take feedback from instead of being a mosh pit of personal attacks that can be easily dismissed?
  • TVF
    36035 posts Member
    "Super bad RNG" is just your perception.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5378 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    "Super bad RNG" is just your perception.

    Hard to tell from such a vague statement. Bouts of super bad RNG are definitely real (as are bouts of super good RNG), so maybe Avinash was getting at that? Some "guaranteed minimum drops" to reduce feel bad moments might be an idea worth investigating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    "Super bad RNG" is just your perception.

    Hard to tell from such a vague statement. Bouts of super bad RNG are definitely real (as are bouts of super good RNG), so maybe Avinash was getting at that? Some "guaranteed minimum drops" to reduce feel bad moments might be an idea worth investigating.

    But wouldnt that then also reduce the feel good moments to keep the balance on the average?
  • Nauros
    5378 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    "Super bad RNG" is just your perception.

    Hard to tell from such a vague statement. Bouts of super bad RNG are definitely real (as are bouts of super good RNG), so maybe Avinash was getting at that? Some "guaranteed minimum drops" to reduce feel bad moments might be an idea worth investigating.

    But wouldnt that then also reduce the feel good moments to keep the balance on the average?

    It probably would, it's not like CG to introduce a non-zero floor without also introducing a ceiling. But at least from the forum, it seems that people percieve the bad runs more strongly, so there might be a potential to increase satisfaction. Even when in reality it makes no difference.
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I can probably delete my GAC offense and defense registers until I have a GL (im not that super far away). makes no sense to get on board. I farmed that way that I don't have such a long way to the next GL Kenobi for example.

    has that been the goal now?

    i am not the greatest enemy of the change i know where you come from. some hidden buffs are nice for example when GAS works with 501. that will make the team stronger in TB.

    like i said most of my opponents have a GL and the rest of the roster are mostly weak.

    They don't even have well-developed teams for TBs, but I've also focused on Teams for TBs.

    however, I have mostly a much better overall developed roster with better mods.

    i.e. they simply need to put their GL on the defensive and thats it - it will no longer be played.

    where is the point for me to enter GAC in the time until I have a GL? so be it.
  • Relic 9 Timing:

    Relic 9 is further out and will be coming to the game after the character changes are implemented, not before. We’ll share more details on R9 as it gets closer. Having said that, the character changes needed to happen before R9, otherwise the underlying issues surrounding defense being ignored would only be exasperated.

    The problem with relic 9 is how difficult it is, to even take a character up to gear 12! Last year you made us get tons of g13's for the new Galactic Legends, which was super difficult, but manageable. Now, you are making us get toons to relic EIGHT which is insanely difficult for even the whales and krakens, not to mention all the players like me who don't even have the possibility of getting a relic 8 because it's so hard to get. And now you're going to make us get RELIC NINE when it already takes months to gear one team to 12/13???

    Make it easier to get someone to g12 and this change will be okay. But right now it is just too hard. I get this is a long term game, but this is getting crazy. Make it way easier to get the gear like stun guns, carbantis, stun cuffs, kyrotechs, etc. etc.

    I think you just nailed the problem right on the head. If we're going to have to struggle with R9 and GLs, we should at least be able to also gear up toons that are not meta but still fun to play in the meantime.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    "Super bad RNG" is just your perception.

    Hard to tell from such a vague statement. Bouts of super bad RNG are definitely real (as are bouts of super good RNG), so maybe Avinash was getting at that? Some "guaranteed minimum drops" to reduce feel bad moments might be an idea worth investigating.

    But wouldnt that then also reduce the feel good moments to keep the balance on the average?

    It probably would, it's not like CG to introduce a non-zero floor without also introducing a ceiling. But at least from the forum, it seems that people percieve the bad runs more strongly, so there might be a potential to increase satisfaction. Even when in reality it makes no difference.

    How do you add a floor and keep a drop rate without reducing/adjusting the top end?

    People definitely feel/remember the bad more, but that is generally the case, from my understanding of confirmation bias. So while you can narrow the band around the average, it may not actually fo anything for the feelings.
Sign In or Register to comment.