[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Why do you want level 90

For me? Wholly for PVE.
    Base stat increases will allow for smoother runs in TB, resulting in increased wave completions and greater rewards for the guild, plus it will reduce the tenacity delta for level differential (particularly in DSTB p4 and all of LSTB, plus raids) resulting in less frustration during play.
  • Options
    Hopefully level doesn’t change. All putting it to level 90 would do is make the initial grind for new players longer. I’m 3.8 mil GP and 20 months into the game. I passed the credit crunch several months ago and now I’m basically levelling characters I might use a year from now for GC teams. I could take that credit hit and not really notice. For players in first year trying to level a couple good teams it would add months to the grind. All this would do is discourage new players from joining.

Usually the reason to increase max level in a game is to give the long term players something new to grind and keep them playing. In SWGOH level isn’t the big roadblock for those long term players it’s gear. And yes leveling requires experience droids as well but that is like the sim tickets. They’ll never run out with the current stockpiles older players have.

So be nice to the new guys we want to keep joining and don’t raise level cap.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Why do you want level 90

For me? Wholly for PVE.
    Base stat increases will allow for smoother runs in TB, resulting in increased wave completions and greater rewards for the guild, plus it will reduce the tenacity delta for level differential (particularly in DSTB p4 and all of LSTB, plus raids) resulting in less frustration during play.
    DSTB isn't tough at all anymore (especially with 3 DS GLs)
    LSTB isn't that tough anymore with 3 LS GLs

Raids aren't tough at all

And I don't think 5 level is going to make any difference in fleet battles for LSTB
  • Options
    Says the CAT owner
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Why do you want level 90

For me? Wholly for PVE.

The stat increase from level alone is negligible compared to next gear/relic level. You are right about the tenacity and I think also crit chance is affected by level difference.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Why do you want level 90

For me? Wholly for PVE.

The stat increase from level alone is negligible compared to next gear/relic level. You are right about the tenacity and I think also crit chance is affected by level difference.

Correct - crit chance is also affected by level difference
  • Options
    Just remember, theybare doing all of this to keep the game balanced

Meanwhile...

gilc8ra37lbe.jpg
  • Options
    DinoMight wrote: »

Meanwhile...

gilc8ra37lbe.jpg

Fair point but SLKR set a precedent.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Meanwhile...

gilc8ra37lbe.jpg

Fair point but SLKR set a precedent.

Rancor and Haat also set a precedent.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

Meanwhile...

Its an outdated 2 years+ content
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Natetiffer wrote: »
    If my GAC match up has GL now and I don't how much more pointless will it be after the nerf? Or will the number of GLs per player factor in to the matching process?
    There is no way the number of GLs will be factored in to matchmaking, and nor should it.

After these changes go into effect and it’s proven via the data that you NEED a GL to counter another GL, why not? If someone with no GL’s gets paired up with someone who has one or two GL’s how is that fair when CG has nerfed the non GL counters people have built up?
    It’s not my decision to make, but throughout the history of the game they have never taken specific roster composition into account so it is naive to assume they’ll begin to do so now.

They have never done such drastic changes to characters either. Changes we got in the past were minor compared to these.
    Also Imperial Troopers were WAI against SEE according to CG in the past and now they are changing that.
    History doesn't have a lot weight in this case IMO.
    We shall see. I think it’s naive to expect them to change matchmaking so that GL count is reflected.

Especially because it would not encourage unlocking GL at all.

There are plenty of incentives to getting a GL and as more content comes out, the list will only get longer. But yes this conversation has come up.

Hi @Kyno , can you give us at least a hint, about outcome of this conversation?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Meanwhile...

I agree. Sim HSR, please :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Johanides wrote: »
    If my GAC match up has GL now and I don't how much more pointless will it be after the nerf? Or will the number of GLs per player factor in to the matching process?
    There is no way the number of GLs will be factored in to matchmaking, and nor should it.

After these changes go into effect and it’s proven via the data that you NEED a GL to counter another GL, why not? If someone with no GL’s gets paired up with someone who has one or two GL’s how is that fair when CG has nerfed the non GL counters people have built up?
    It’s not my decision to make, but throughout the history of the game they have never taken specific roster composition into account so it is naive to assume they’ll begin to do so now.

They have never done such drastic changes to characters either. Changes we got in the past were minor compared to these.
    Also Imperial Troopers were WAI against SEE according to CG in the past and now they are changing that.
    We shall see. I think it’s naive to expect them to change matchmaking so that GL count is reflected.

There are plenty of incentives to getting a GL and as more content comes out, the list will only get longer. But yes this conversation has come up.

Hi Kyno , can you give us at least a hint, about outcome of this conversation?

Conversations are usually an ongoing process until something is announced.
  • Options

To add to the conversation: a gl count into matchmaking has a high chance to produce very similar fights, because matchmaking will still be a thing. The ‘no GLs but old metas’ will face each other, at low division all the ‘let’s unlock kylo first’ willl face each other, the GL focus rosters with almost only prerequisites will also face each other. So you’ll have a much higher chance to face very similar roster, which means very similar fights; it could get boring pretty quickly imo.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Meanwhile...

so what you're saying is you're ready for Challenge Tank.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

To add to the conversation: a gl count into matchmaking has a high chance to produce very similar fights, because matchmaking will still be a thing. The ‘no GLs but old metas’ will face each other, at low division all the ‘let’s unlock kylo first’ willl face each other, the GL focus rosters with almost only prerequisites will also face each other. So you’ll have a much higher chance to face very similar roster, which means very similar fights; it could get boring pretty quickly imo.

Interesting point.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Why would -first kylo-ers face others of the same ilk? They are as likely to face first jmk or any other gl. Matchmaking doesn't differentiate between gls, it only differentiates top x gp
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Why would -first kylo-ers face others of the same ilk? They are as likely to face first jmk or any other gl. Matchmaking doesn't differentiate between gls, it only differentiates top x gp

I think they mean they will be more likely to face the GL with the highest recommendation to be first. Right now that is likely SLKR, and while the character may change, it wouldn't necessarily change this situation.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

I think they mean they will be more likely to face the GL with the highest recommendation to be first. Right now that is likely SLKR, and while the character may change, it wouldn't necessarily change this situation.

Then that's already the case merely by the token of slkrs in existence being the most. The question is if to equate the # of gls in the matches is good sports. My experience is lopsided. While I always got matched 1-2 gls above since I had 2 gls, this wasn't always to my disadvantage (now have 4). I'm not sure after many counters are neutered though. It might become auto disadvantage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Then that's already the case merely by the token of slkrs in existence being the most. The question is if to equate the # of gls in the matches is good sports. My experience is lopsided. While I always got matched 1-2 gls above since I had 2 gls, this wasn't always to my disadvantage (now have 4). I'm not sure after many counters are neutered though. It might become auto disadvantage.

Yes and no, because currently a developing player could have the GP to match a GL owner, but have an off counter built in, and not have a GL.

I believe they are saying that in the future as people develop in the new "GL era" they will be more likely to mirror and have more similar rosters, as they develop the GLs in the "recommended order" due to there being little reason to not build a base roster of GLs before spreading too far for other characters.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Yes and no, because currently a developing player could have the GP to match a GL owner, but have an off counter built in, and not have a GL.

I believe they are saying that in the future as people develop in the new "GL era" they will be more likely to mirror and have more similar rosters, as they develop the GLs in the "recommended order" due to there being little reason to not build a base roster of GLs before spreading too far for other characters.

Well then it's the same as "grab revans and gas" which already made the overall blander than it used to be, but with gls. This is not in direct interference if to equate gl # in mm is good sports or not and it's a rather limited case of new players just building up.
  • Options

Well then it's the same as "grab revans and gas" which already made the overall blander than it used to be, but with gls. This is not in direct interference if to equate gl # in mm is good sports or not and it's a rather limited case of new players just building up.

There is a lot more diversity in the non-GL rosters. There are simply so many more teams that can all beat each other when fully built. Heck, my GAS still gets creamed by some sith empire teams, despite GAS being a pretty hard counter to malak, as well as Revans, CLS, and Padmes.
    The beauty of the game before GLs was that even the strongest teams with the most investment had many options to counter.
    Now, you'll have GL rock paper scissor. Have fun playing GL Pokémon.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

There is a lot more diversity in the non-GL rosters. There are simply so many more teams that can all beat each other when fully built. Heck, my GAS still gets creamed by some sith empire teams, despite GAS being a pretty hard counter to malak, as well as Revans, CLS, and Padmes.
    The beauty of the game before GLs was that even the strongest teams with the most investment had many options to counter.
    Now, you'll have GL rock paper scissor. Have fun playing GL Pokémon.

Don't understand what your sentiment is. If you like the non gl era, I'm afraid it's never coming back. Chatter of same nature got made on traya, revan 1, revan 2 and then gas, nothing new.
  • Options
    Please dont do the meganerf, you are going to kill the game and its very sad. The point its not if its honest or not, the point is that is a disgrace to see a great, if no the greatest strategy game, become a farm game, a mechanic collecting game. Please think about it. A lot of people, even the whales, will get tired of such a basic and poor strategy. You are gonna kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. Galactic legendes are powerful enough, dont need to nerf watt, gas or thrawn. I honestly couldnt play any more and its sad for me.
  • LordDirt
    5058 posts Member
    Options
    This is a strategy game? I thought it was a character collecting resource management game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    This game is nothing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5058 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This game is nothing.

This may come as a shock to you, but this game is a game. (Actually a game inside a game, but we dont need to go down that rabbit hole, Alice beat us to that.)
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    This game is nothing.

This may come as a shock to you, but this game is a game. (Actually a game inside a game, but we dont need to go down that rabbit hole, Alice beat us to that.)

The only thing that can shock me is plugging into a power socket instead of a computer terminal.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH