[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    Stormdude wrote: »
    Heres why they added a anti trooper mechanic for SEE

    4ll0vhro5nfk.jpg

    Top50 is such an exclusive club and plebs are not welcome, right? Funny thing? I reached top20 on 16th July and RA droped on 23rd. Come on people, i know losing sucks, but to call CG devs to give you a "Anti-Ironman Shield" for your John Cena is childish. I read some advices here and there so i might as well give one for SEE owners.
    Tip #1
    Don't use SEE on defence if you see a IT user, dum dum.
    I don't use IT on defense cuz thats just as dumb and easy to beat.
    Tip #2
    Get a brain and use it. They are hard to get a hold off, but once you do? Hold on to that thing cuz it will get you far.

    Are you actually suggesting CG announced changes to SEE because you beat it with Troopers seven days previously?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Please don't beat anything with r8 mando beskar, I don't want him nerfed.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Stormdude wrote: »
    Yes

    Tee-hee
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Stormdude wrote: »
    Heres why they added a anti trooper mechanic for SEE

    4ll0vhro5nfk.jpg

    Top50 is such an exclusive club and plebs are not welcome, right? Funny thing? I reached top20 on 16th July and RA droped on 23rd. Come on people, i know losing sucks, but to call CG devs to give you a "Anti-Ironman Shield" for your John Cena is childish. I read some advices here and there so i might as well give one for SEE owners.
    Tip #1
    Don't use SEE on defence if you see a IT user, dum dum.
    I don't use IT on defense cuz thats just as dumb and easy to beat.
    Tip #2
    Get a brain and use it. They are hard to get a hold off, but once you do? Hold on to that thing cuz it will get you far.

    I’m sorry to tell you otherwise, but CG didn’t nerf ITs because you made top 20 and beat SEE with them.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    DinoMight wrote: »
    The problem is that formerly "good" rosters that had lots of relics and viable GL counters are now "bad," by arbitration, and there is no recompense for literal years of work on them. It isn't like the account holder can now shift resources already spent, despite CG changing the way the game operates and shifting the impact of those resources already spent.

    They should reset and refund all gear levels. But they won't. Because this is a money grab.

    Tell me how resetting gear levels would be a problem for anything but their expected increase in profits.

    ‘Literal years of work’ when the first gl was released in late March 2020 with a major kylo buff to avoid some counters a few months later and the vador rework late June 2020 ? While I agree they could do better than what they actually offer to compensate the nerfs, let’s not get carried away…

    The roster decisions were made back to when the GL road ahead was announced, not when they were released. You know as well as any that the paths many trod in this game are laid out on timescales of months, at a minimum. So 1.5 years is not enough significance for you? In a climate of increasingly short lived games, 18 months is nothing, right?

    I think you can't see the full lay of the land from up there in the ivory tower.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    DinoMight wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    DinoMight wrote: »
    The problem is that formerly "good" rosters that had lots of relics and viable GL counters are now "bad," by arbitration, and there is no recompense for literal years of work on them. It isn't like the account holder can now shift resources already spent, despite CG changing the way the game operates and shifting the impact of those resources already spent.

    They should reset and refund all gear levels. But they won't. Because this is a money grab.

    Tell me how resetting gear levels would be a problem for anything but their expected increase in profits.

    ‘Literal years of work’ when the first gl was released in late March 2020 with a major kylo buff to avoid some counters a few months later and the vador rework late June 2020 ? While I agree they could do better than what they actually offer to compensate the nerfs, let’s not get carried away…

    The roster decisions were made back to when the GL road ahead was announced, not when they were released. You know as well as any that the paths many trod in this game are laid out on timescales of months, at a minimum. So 1.5 years is not enough significance for you? In a climate of increasingly short lived games, 18 months is nothing, right?

    I think you can't see the full lay of the land from up there in the ivory tower.

    He's just depending his vested interest in already made decisions. T'is super obvious. Most people only farm gls now.
  • Stormdude wrote: »
    No nerfs, but a "You, the abuser of stuff we made, are from this update onward BANNED from beating this GL with THIS party ever again" achievment/buff for SEE vs teams with locked buffs.
    Kinda awesome if you ask me and i'll rub it in my guildmates face.
    I'm just making fun on the timing of me being in top20 (once) also was near the Road Ahead.
    Also since trust is now the lame thing, i made sure to screanshot every single trooper stat as to compare after update whenever it'll drop.
    All i can do is wish that this will be the first and last of such response to a counter.

    People who used palp lead against malak 2 years ago or gas to 2 men Slkr last year feel your pain. There is something else you can do: use piett, veers and starck as your first prerequisites for See. As you probably have Vader, palp and thrawn kinda geared up, you’re not too far away.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Stormdude wrote: »
    No nerfs, but a "You, the abuser of stuff we made, are from this update onward BANNED from beating this GL with THIS party ever again" achievment/buff for SEE vs teams with locked buffs.
    Kinda awesome if you ask me and i'll rub it in my guildmates face.
    I'm just making fun on the timing of me being in top20 (once) also was near the Road Ahead.
    Also since trust is now the lame thing, i made sure to screanshot every single trooper stat as to compare after update whenever it'll drop.
    All i can do is wish that this will be the first and last of such response to a counter.

    People who used palp lead against malak 2 years ago or gas to 2 men Slkr last year feel your pain. There is something else you can do: use piett, veers and starck as your first prerequisites for See. As you probably have Vader, palp and thrawn kinda geared up, you’re not too far away.

    I don't remember the occasion palp lead got nerfed so that it can't beat malak, can you?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Stormdude wrote: »
    No nerfs, but a "You, the abuser of stuff we made, are from this update onward BANNED from beating this GL with THIS party ever again" achievment/buff for SEE vs teams with locked buffs.
    Kinda awesome if you ask me and i'll rub it in my guildmates face.
    I'm just making fun on the timing of me being in top20 (once) also was near the Road Ahead.
    Also since trust is now the lame thing, i made sure to screanshot every single trooper stat as to compare after update whenever it'll drop.
    All i can do is wish that this will be the first and last of such response to a counter.

    People who used palp lead against malak 2 years ago or gas to 2 men Slkr last year feel your pain. There is something else you can do: use piett, veers and starck as your first prerequisites for See. As you probably have Vader, palp and thrawn kinda geared up, you’re not too far away.

    I don't remember the occasion palp lead got nerfed so that it can't beat malak, can you?
    They changed one of Malak’s unique to include “Sith enemies can’t gain bonus turn meter”, which was specifically to prevent EP being used as a cheap counter, so yes, I can remember this.

    Apologies if this is the ol’ internet sarcasm that I’ve failed to detect.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Stormdude wrote: »
    No nerfs, but a "You, the abuser of stuff we made, are from this update onward BANNED from beating this GL with THIS party ever again" achievment/buff for SEE vs teams with locked buffs.
    Kinda awesome if you ask me and i'll rub it in my guildmates face.
    I'm just making fun on the timing of me being in top20 (once) also was near the Road Ahead.
    Also since trust is now the lame thing, i made sure to screanshot every single trooper stat as to compare after update whenever it'll drop.
    All i can do is wish that this will be the first and last of such response to a counter.

    People who used palp lead against malak 2 years ago or gas to 2 men Slkr last year feel your pain. There is something else you can do: use piett, veers and starck as your first prerequisites for See. As you probably have Vader, palp and thrawn kinda geared up, you’re not too far away.

    I don't remember the occasion palp lead got nerfed so that it can't beat malak, can you?
    They changed one of Malak’s unique to include “Sith enemies can’t gain bonus turn meter”, which was specifically to prevent EP being used as a cheap counter, so yes, I can remember this.

    Apologies if this is the ol’ internet sarcasm that I’ve failed to detect.

    There was no sarcasm, I just don't remember it. Was it changed after the fact?
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Stormdude wrote: »
    No nerfs, but a "You, the abuser of stuff we made, are from this update onward BANNED from beating this GL with THIS party ever again" achievment/buff for SEE vs teams with locked buffs.
    Kinda awesome if you ask me and i'll rub it in my guildmates face.
    I'm just making fun on the timing of me being in top20 (once) also was near the Road Ahead.
    Also since trust is now the lame thing, i made sure to screanshot every single trooper stat as to compare after update whenever it'll drop.
    All i can do is wish that this will be the first and last of such response to a counter.

    People who used palp lead against malak 2 years ago or gas to 2 men Slkr last year feel your pain. There is something else you can do: use piett, veers and starck as your first prerequisites for See. As you probably have Vader, palp and thrawn kinda geared up, you’re not too far away.

    I don't remember the occasion palp lead got nerfed so that it can't beat malak, can you?
    They changed one of Malak’s unique to include “Sith enemies can’t gain bonus turn meter”, which was specifically to prevent EP being used as a cheap counter, so yes, I can remember this.

    Apologies if this is the ol’ internet sarcasm that I’ve failed to detect.

    There was no sarcasm, I just don't remember it. Was it changed after the fact?

    Yep.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201143/known-bugs-and-upcoming-changes#latest

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201442/upcoming-change-to-darth-malak
  • I think the new video format is great, entertaining and I followed the info very closely and easily, much easier than reading it and trying to decipher meaning out of stereo manual wording. Thank you @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

    One question / complaint: I really wish I had known ahead of time you would be selling Razor Crest and offering it in fleet battles. I would not have wasted the Conquest currency on the final shards. Now I'm not sure I'll have enough for Maul day 1. Will you be doing something similar for Maul?
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    MKIceman wrote: »
    One question / complaint: I really wish I had known ahead of time you would be selling Razor Crest and offering it in fleet battles. I would not have wasted the Conquest currency on the final shards. Now I'm not sure I'll have enough for Maul day 1. Will you be doing something similar for Maul?

    You should have enough conquest credits to buy all Maul shards if you started at 0 conquest credit on each run of conquest

    You will have an excess of 50 credits, actually
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?

    You said you disagreed with the point about staying on top of meta and nothing else but you are doing exactly that. I'm not saying that chasing the meta can't have some benefits but that doesn't change the fact that you are only chasing the meta and nothing else.

    This makes no sense. See ya.

    But I’m still asking, for those that don’t do passion projects, non GL counters, etc what do you suggest?
    Do you think that the current gear economy is good? Needs work?

    Bro, I think ur asking 2 questions. The main point imo is are you meta player or a toon collector.

    Meta player only goes after meta. Means only arena is priority. They are the smart ones and not in the gear grind as they store and when the meta changes, they spend.

    As for the toon collectors (myself included), we need to be subjected to the gear crunch because we chase after every toon.

    It depends on ur play style. I'm a toon collector, I like bad batch and CAT and all the new shinies. So my only advise is save asuch as u can. Spend on what you want and know that when u decide to gear up one toon, another toon don't get that gear. As simple as that ...
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    MKIceman wrote: »
    One question / complaint: I really wish I had known ahead of time you would be selling Razor Crest and offering it in fleet battles. I would not have wasted the Conquest currency on the final shards. Now I'm not sure I'll have enough for Maul day 1. Will you be doing something similar for Maul?

    You should have enough conquest credits to buy all Maul shards if you started at 0 conquest credit on each run of conquest

    You will have an excess of 50 credits, actually

    Do u have gear for Maul ? I know I don't have that gear so I'm not aiming for unlock day 1. I unlocked Cat Day 1 and it is sitting at G7 since then for I'm working on GMK.

    Unless u have the gear to make him relevant from day 1, don't need to chase this Maul. One month delay won't change a thing (provided it comes every month)
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Looooki wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    MKIceman wrote: »
    One question / complaint: I really wish I had known ahead of time you would be selling Razor Crest and offering it in fleet battles. I would not have wasted the Conquest currency on the final shards. Now I'm not sure I'll have enough for Maul day 1. Will you be doing something similar for Maul?

    You should have enough conquest credits to buy all Maul shards if you started at 0 conquest credit on each run of conquest

    You will have an excess of 50 credits, actually

    Do u have gear for Maul ? I know I don't have that gear so I'm not aiming for unlock day 1. I unlocked Cat Day 1 and it is sitting at G7 since then for I'm working on GMK.

    Unless u have the gear to make him relevant from day 1, don't need to chase this Maul. One month delay won't change a thing (provided it comes every month)

    I don't know if i do or do not have gear for Conquest Maul, but I do know I will have 3 months to farm his gear
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    MKIceman wrote: »
    One question / complaint: I really wish I had known ahead of time you would be selling Razor Crest and offering it in fleet battles. I would not have wasted the Conquest currency on the final shards. Now I'm not sure I'll have enough for Maul day 1. Will you be doing something similar for Maul?

    You should have enough conquest credits to buy all Maul shards if you started at 0 conquest credit on each run of conquest

    You will have an excess of 50 credits, actually

    Do u have gear for Maul ? I know I don't have that gear so I'm not aiming for unlock day 1. I unlocked Cat Day 1 and it is sitting at G7 since then for I'm working on GMK.

    Unless u have the gear to make him relevant from day 1, don't need to chase this Maul. One month delay won't change a thing (provided it comes every month)

    G13-ing Cat before pursuing your JMK’s quest isn’t the worst idea. She’s very useful even without jmk.and you’ll need her geared up to make jmk really shines anyway.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    MKIceman wrote: »
    One question / complaint: I really wish I had known ahead of time you would be selling Razor Crest and offering it in fleet battles. I would not have wasted the Conquest currency on the final shards. Now I'm not sure I'll have enough for Maul day 1. Will you be doing something similar for Maul?

    You should have enough conquest credits to buy all Maul shards if you started at 0 conquest credit on each run of conquest

    You will have an excess of 50 credits, actually

    Do u have gear for Maul ? I know I don't have that gear so I'm not aiming for unlock day 1. I unlocked Cat Day 1 and it is sitting at G7 since then for I'm working on GMK.

    Unless u have the gear to make him relevant from day 1, don't need to chase this Maul. One month delay won't change a thing (provided it comes every month)

    I don't know if i do or do not have gear for Conquest Maul, but I do know I will have 3 months to farm his gear

    Provided that is the only toon ur working on. If not you don't have the gear required. ESP if ur gg after LV
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    MKIceman wrote: »
    One question / complaint: I really wish I had known ahead of time you would be selling Razor Crest and offering it in fleet battles. I would not have wasted the Conquest currency on the final shards. Now I'm not sure I'll have enough for Maul day 1. Will you be doing something similar for Maul?

    You should have enough conquest credits to buy all Maul shards if you started at 0 conquest credit on each run of conquest

    You will have an excess of 50 credits, actually

    Do u have gear for Maul ? I know I don't have that gear so I'm not aiming for unlock day 1. I unlocked Cat Day 1 and it is sitting at G7 since then for I'm working on GMK.

    Unless u have the gear to make him relevant from day 1, don't need to chase this Maul. One month delay won't change a thing (provided it comes every month)

    G13-ing Cat before pursuing your JMK’s quest isn’t the worst idea. She’s very useful even without jmk.and you’ll need her geared up to make jmk really shines anyway.

    Correct, but working on JMK sucks up allu gear. And to delay JMK is a worse idea to me so I choose to leave Cat naked while JMK is complete.

    So what I'm saying is this. If I choose to gear one toon, another toon don't get the gear. Same goes for R8. The more you chase after R8, the gear crunch will be worse.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Looooki wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?

    You said you disagreed with the point about staying on top of meta and nothing else but you are doing exactly that. I'm not saying that chasing the meta can't have some benefits but that doesn't change the fact that you are only chasing the meta and nothing else.

    This makes no sense. See ya.

    But I’m still asking, for those that don’t do passion projects, non GL counters, etc what do you suggest?
    Do you think that the current gear economy is good? Needs work?

    Bro, I think ur asking 2 questions. The main point imo is are you meta player or a toon collector.

    Meta player only goes after meta. Means only arena is priority. They are the smart ones and not in the gear grind as they store and when the meta changes, they spend.

    As for the toon collectors (myself included), we need to be subjected to the gear crunch because we chase after every toon.

    It depends on ur play style. I'm a toon collector, I like bad batch and CAT and all the new shinies. So my only advise is save asuch as u can. Spend on what you want and know that when u decide to gear up one toon, another toon don't get that gear. As simple as that ...
    It’s not that black and white.

    Am I a meta player or toon collector? Or both?

    https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/

    Also, I’m not sure it was wise to shelve CAT whilst working on JMK, as it seems pointless to have earned a month - 6 weeks of owning the character whilst others don’t, only to leave her ungeared for much of that period
  • Meta player
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    Meta player
    But I’ve got more 7* characters and ships than a supposed collector?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?

    You said you disagreed with the point about staying on top of meta and nothing else but you are doing exactly that. I'm not saying that chasing the meta can't have some benefits but that doesn't change the fact that you are only chasing the meta and nothing else.

    This makes no sense. See ya.

    But I’m still asking, for those that don’t do passion projects, non GL counters, etc what do you suggest?
    Do you think that the current gear economy is good? Needs work?

    Bro, I think ur asking 2 questions. The main point imo is are you meta player or a toon collector.

    Meta player only goes after meta. Means only arena is priority. They are the smart ones and not in the gear grind as they store and when the meta changes, they spend.

    As for the toon collectors (myself included), we need to be subjected to the gear crunch because we chase after every toon.

    It depends on ur play style. I'm a toon collector, I like bad batch and CAT and all the new shinies. So my only advise is save asuch as u can. Spend on what you want and know that when u decide to gear up one toon, another toon don't get that gear. As simple as that ...
    It’s not that black and white.

    Am I a meta player or toon collector? Or both?

    https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/

    Also, I’m not sure it was wise to shelve CAT whilst working on JMK, as it seems pointless to have earned a month - 6 weeks of owning the character whilst others don’t, only to leave her ungeared for much of that period

    CAT is not shelve ... It just a lack of gear makes me to choose to complete JMK before worming on CAT ... it is the same logic of would u gear finish one toon them move on, or G12 them both and surrfer the consequences ?

    Also there is no both ... If ur both means ur a collector ...
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

    He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

    His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

    In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

    On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

    Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

    I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

    BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

    Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.

    Where did I say I'm not chasing the meta?

    You said you disagreed with the point about staying on top of meta and nothing else but you are doing exactly that. I'm not saying that chasing the meta can't have some benefits but that doesn't change the fact that you are only chasing the meta and nothing else.

    This makes no sense. See ya.

    But I’m still asking, for those that don’t do passion projects, non GL counters, etc what do you suggest?
    Do you think that the current gear economy is good? Needs work?

    Bro, I think ur asking 2 questions. The main point imo is are you meta player or a toon collector.

    Meta player only goes after meta. Means only arena is priority. They are the smart ones and not in the gear grind as they store and when the meta changes, they spend.

    As for the toon collectors (myself included), we need to be subjected to the gear crunch because we chase after every toon.

    It depends on ur play style. I'm a toon collector, I like bad batch and CAT and all the new shinies. So my only advise is save asuch as u can. Spend on what you want and know that when u decide to gear up one toon, another toon don't get that gear. As simple as that ...
    It’s not that black and white.

    Am I a meta player or toon collector? Or both?

    https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/

    Also, I’m not sure it was wise to shelve CAT whilst working on JMK, as it seems pointless to have earned a month - 6 weeks of owning the character whilst others don’t, only to leave her ungeared for much of that period

    CAT is not shelve ... It just a lack of gear makes me to choose to complete JMK before worming on CAT ... it is the same logic of would u gear finish one toon them move on, or G12 them both and surrfer the consequences ?

    Also there is no both ... If ur both means ur a collector ...
    It would depend on the toons. I’d have thought running g12 JMK with a g11 CAT would still be an extremely strong arena team. Much better than a g13 JMK with no CAT at all.

    For lots of players, they can do both - collect toons and chase the meta. Once you’ve collected everything there’s no point not collecting the new shiny.
  • Im glad they are adding more support to put GLs above the rest. IMO the GLs should be peak goals in both team leader and power. I hate seeing teams where the lead is another toon, specifically JKL. He is not a GL and should not be the optimal lead choice for JML. JML should be the lead because hes supposedly the top tier toon.

    Annoys me to no end to have my SLKR kicked out the top 100 by non-GL teams, usually by JKL, JKR and GAS teams.

    It also highlights a second issue in that LS has more high tier legendaries than DS and most are designed to be tanks. DS needs some love and balance.

    It should be:
    GLs > any other toons inc. legends
    GLs = GLs
  • Dyno, a game is a game, doesn t mean you can change the rules whenever you want. A game is something the rules stay forever or changes without favor some players at expenses of others. If not its not a game its a farce. Nerf is only fair within a short time after release. This is a theft, i could have two galactic legends if you made the nerf two years ago. Making it now its outrageous and its gonna burst in your face.
  • Ok, so in the interest of long term health for the game just remove any and all chance of GLs being countered at all by nonGLs. I mean, I get that GLs should be strong, but this is just silly. The game has now been reduced to normal play for nonGLs and Rock Paper Scissors for GLs. Anyone one with GLs is gonna be saving them almost exclusively to face GLs…where is the fun in this? This is really bad.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Great galactic legend star trek
Sign In or Register to comment.