[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • Options
    Today just shows you that anything that could impact a GL will eventually get Nerfed. They have added C3PO,Jango, Traya, and even Greedo to the nerf list.
    I have 4 GLS (almost 5), I have spent a lot on this game, I hate this idea. I like GAC and TW. I don't want them to become all about how many GLs you sent on defense. Anything else you farm is going to be a waste. CG is letting you know, don't farm Mando, don't farm passion projects, they increase you GP but won't help you. CG has decided the way people should play the game is to only farm GLs. You have to go after Rose Tico, and Director Krennic. They require Mace but never rework him. They require Darth Sidious but don't rework him. I don't get to decide what I want to take to Relic 8, the GL farm tells me what to do. This takes any strategy out of the game.
    This kills me. I hate the direction that CG is taking. Listen to the play base.
  • Options
    This takes any strategy out of the game.

    Depends of your definition of strategy. Nevertheless, I can only agree with the ‘I can’t gear whoever I like even if it’s a bad unit because it will hurt me in matchmaking’ statement. But RA isn’t to blame, it’s that way since the beginning of Gac.

    Here is an idea: what about a QoGAC update that would allow players to remove up to 10 units from their roster when entering Gac (except prerequisites units) ? They won’t be usable during the tournament, but it would allow players to follow their heart if they fancy it (at least a little bit) without thinking ‘oh no, my matchmaking !’. It would also allow players to correct gearing mistakes that are impossible to change otherwise.

  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Today just shows you that anything that could impact a GL will eventually get Nerfed. They have added C3PO,Jango, Traya, and even Greedo to the nerf list.
    I have 4 GLS (almost 5), I have spent a lot on this game, I hate this idea. I like GAC and TW. I don't want them to become all about how many GLs you sent on defense. Anything else you farm is going to be a waste. CG is letting you know, don't farm Mando, don't farm passion projects, they increase you GP but won't help you. CG has decided the way people should play the game is to only farm GLs. You have to go after Rose Tico, and Director Krennic. They require Mace but never rework him. They require Darth Sidious but don't rework him. I don't get to decide what I want to take to Relic 8, the GL farm tells me what to do. This takes any strategy out of the game.
    This kills me. I hate the direction that CG is taking. Listen to the play base.


    This all day. They bring out all these great characters and teams, then make the game change in a way that makes them unworthy of farming. Just go GL, when finished go next GL.

    This will make less people farm wonderful teams CLS, characters like Thrawn.

    Rosters full of Tico and Vet Han
  • DuoDai
    posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Recently I made an account JUST to post this feedback:

    YOU ARE RUINING THE GAME. Please stop nerfing all the good characters to make GLs op. They are ALREADY OP. You are taking all the fun out of theory crafting OUT OF THE GAME. This is how games die. It was fun, and now its ok. I find myself caring less and less about this game because you keep ruining my favorite characters. Vader, you ruined the REASON I STARTED PLAYING. This is my fav character and you took his ability to kill GLs away.. why? I have spent too much money on this game to watch it fall apart.

    To reiterate, the characters you have recently nerfed did not need it, and characters who have been DESPERATELY needing buffs have been ignored. You are ignoring the **** characters we all hate, and dropping the fun level on the good characters. Many players do not care for farming GLs, and you have just made the game nearly unplayable. Conquest is still off limits for me because my roster is still so small, just 2.5m, and now you are making it EVEN HARDER. I was able to clear first 2 waves in normal, then you took the best cards away.. Now i dont play the game mode at all. That is what you are doing when you NERF THINGS. YOU TAKE SOMETHING FUN, and make it less fun.

    Again, this is how games die, please im begging you. UNDO THESE RECENT NERFS. Let GLs be competitive, not end-all of all teams.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

    It was evidence, as best we can derive, that their primary goal was to kill GL counters.

    Not sure collecting these evidences was really needed. It's clearly established in the Road Ahead: They "want to shore up GL's spot at the top" and "Treat GL more like Raid Bosses". This decision is debatable, but they were not hiding anything. That's why I dont understand why they would lie about the "ignoring defense causes us trouble to develop characters" thing. 2 Womp Rats, 1 Shot.

    They are separate issues, that do overlap and to my knowledge never claimed that that was the only reason for the defense penetration was to expand development space, but that it is a benefit of this change.
  • Options
    Nerf’s aside. Shame on CG for changing the google play point packs without warning. I want to make sure that part is clear. If you want to change it fine, but give us a heads up. There are people who store up a ton of points so they can use them all at once for GL farms, galactic chase, etc. Now there is no energy in those packs, which is fine, but they should’ve given a heads up so that people could blow through their entire stash before the changes took effect if they so wanted to.
  • LordDirt
    5122 posts Member
    Options
    bfluicj81smi.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Horray for more Nerfs.......... not.
  • Options
    Just saw the updates. Nerfs for C3PO, Greedo, Traya and Jango.

    Some people were saying there would be still viable non-GL counters to GLs and this doom and gloom will pass. Doesn’t sound likely the way things are headed. I mean there is really no need to nerf a few dozen more characters. If you want to make GLs exclusive, why not just make exclusive tier GL game modes for some attractive rewards?

    Not just arena, TW, and GAC, how about conquest? Looks like those without enough GLs are going to be locked out of R8 (and R9) materials as they won’t be able to clear the conquest bosses (or will the changes not apply to conquest?), especially since they are less likely to qualify for guilds which can clear CRancor. Or is conquest going to be a GL exclusive game mode?

    This is a large change of the game direction away from the previous direction of diversity with little advance notice. It’s a bigger change than just meta but involves the way the game is being played. Please give consideration on how to for players who had invested resources already in the diversity direction, perhaps a reset of resources. Yeah it might mess up characters which need pre-requisites - how about just rendering such characters unusable if the pre-requisites are no longer met?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

    It was evidence, as best we can derive, that their primary goal was to kill GL counters.

    Not sure collecting these evidences was really needed. It's clearly established in the Road Ahead: They "want to shore up GL's spot at the top" and "Treat GL more like Raid Bosses". This decision is debatable, but they were not hiding anything. That's why I dont understand why they would lie about the "ignoring defense causes us trouble to develop characters" thing. 2 Womp Rats, 1 Shot.

    They are separate issues, that do overlap and to my knowledge never claimed that that was the only reason for the defense penetration was to expand development space, but that it is a benefit of this change.

    Misunderstood because of poor syntax from my part: I don’t believe they lied about the defense issue. They stated in the RA how they saw GLs in the game (and some people didn’t like it), there is no secret motive in hiding. As you said, two separate issues that overlap.
  • Options
    Just saw the updates. Nerfs for C3PO, Greedo, Traya and Jango.

    Some people were saying there would be still viable non-GL counters to GLs and this doom and gloom will pass.

    I'm pretty sure there was a certain mod on this very forum post that said there would still be viable non-GL counters, wonder what their opinion is now
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how Kyno first goaded us into giving a list of characters with "raid boss" exceptions and then those exact characters appeared on the updated chopping block? Don't trust that man, don't answer his questions. Let them do their own work, we don't need to make those horrible changes any easier for them.

    Or maybe they just looked at swgoh.gg counters, along with typing "GL counter" into youtube and saw the hundreds of videos posted there about how to counter GL's?

    Or, maybe they have tons of game data they can pull in reports to look at what is countering each GL and check for stuff that they don't want to counter?

    Kind of a stretch to throw it at one moderator and say it's all his fault, especially when there is that much information internally and externally to show they what they want to know.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

    It was evidence, as best we can derive, that their primary goal was to kill GL counters.

    Not sure collecting these evidences was really needed. It's clearly established in the Road Ahead: They "want to shore up GL's spot at the top" and "Treat GL more like Raid Bosses". This decision is debatable, but they were not hiding anything. That's why I dont understand why they would lie about the "ignoring defense causes us trouble to develop characters" thing. 2 Womp Rats, 1 Shot.

    I'm not trying to say they're lying. I just think their approach to "solving" the ignore defense "problem" was a convenient way to also kill some GL counters without explicitly stating that as the reason for doing so. Or maybe they did explicitly state that and I've forgotten. But considering how many times I've had to explain to people why the JKR+JKL and Vader+Wat counters are dead... I'm gonna say CG didn't make it clear that removing Ignore Defense would reduce viability as much as it will.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how Kyno first goaded us into giving a list of characters with "raid boss" exceptions and then those exact characters appeared on the updated chopping block? Don't trust that man, don't answer his questions. Let them do their own work, we don't need to make those horrible changes any easier for them.

    Or maybe they just looked at swgoh.gg counters, along with typing "GL counter" into youtube and saw the hundreds of videos posted there about how to counter GL's?

    Or, maybe they have tons of game data they can pull in reports to look at what is countering each GL and check for stuff that they don't want to counter?

    Kind of a stretch to throw it at one moderator and say it's all his fault, especially when there is that much information internally and externally to show they what they want to know.

    Because all those videos include Jango, Traya and Greedo, right? Next time, actually read the post you are reacting to.
  • Rebuc
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
  • Ultra
    11574 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid
  • Rebuc
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    So what does "excludes raid bosses and Galactic Legends" mean then? I read it as that ability is excluded from affecting raid bosses and GL's...does it mean something else?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The sad thing is that it’s not only hard-to-get characters being nerfed anymore. Even Greedo is being nerfed. That is just sad, so very sad.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?

    They said when those ability have ‘except raid boss’ already written, they’ll add ‘and GLs’ to it. Read C3po’s kit, you’ll see a few ‘except raid boss’ there.

  • Ultra
    11574 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?
    I'm clarifying C3P0 is still going to work the same in the raid before and after the changes

    I'm not defending anything, I'm clearing up a misconception lol
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?

    They said when those ability have ‘except raid boss’ already written, they’ll add ‘and GLs’ to it. Read C3po’s kit, you’ll see a few ‘except raid boss’ there.

    It seems like anything with “excludes raid bosses” will soon also say “and GLs”.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11574 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?

    They said when those ability have ‘except raid boss’ already written, they’ll add ‘and GLs’ to it. Read C3po’s kit, you’ll see a few ‘except raid boss’ there.

    It seems like anything with “excludes raid bosses” will soon also say “and GLs”.

    That seems like the intent when they said they are going to treat GLs as raid bosses
  • Starslayer
    2421 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?

    They said when those ability have ‘except raid boss’ already written, they’ll add ‘and GLs’ to it. Read C3po’s kit, you’ll see a few ‘except raid boss’ there.

    It seems like anything with “excludes raid bosses” will soon also say “and GLs”.

    From my understanding, at first they only took care of those that were actively used against GLs, and now they’re about to put it everywhere for clarity. They said they want the GLs to be like mini raid bosses so… this is the way.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?

    They said when those ability have ‘except raid boss’ already written, they’ll add ‘and GLs’ to it. Read C3po’s kit, you’ll see a few ‘except raid boss’ there.

    It seems like anything with “excludes raid bosses” will soon also say “and GLs”.

    From my understanding, at first they only took care of those that were actively used against GLs, and now they’re about to put it everywhere for clarity. They said they want the GLs to be like mini raid bosses so… this is the way.

    Sadly, it seems so.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?

    They said when those ability have ‘except raid boss’ already written, they’ll add ‘and GLs’ to it. Read C3po’s kit, you’ll see a few ‘except raid boss’ there.

    It seems like anything with “excludes raid bosses” will soon also say “and GLs”.

    Correct.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?

    They said when those ability have ‘except raid boss’ already written, they’ll add ‘and GLs’ to it. Read C3po’s kit, you’ll see a few ‘except raid boss’ there.

    It seems like anything with “excludes raid bosses” will soon also say “and GLs”.

    From my understanding, at first they only took care of those that were actively used against GLs, and now they’re about to put it everywhere for clarity. They said they want the GLs to be like mini raid bosses so… this is the way.

    This.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Did I seriously just get censored for putting a B and an S together?

    Not the weirdest censorship here. They used to censor the planet from TLJ, Canto Bight.
    Edit: wow, it's not censored anymore!
  • Rebuc
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Wow...so now C3PO's confusion, which has been used as a standard in various teams against Traya in the raid, now won't work there anymore because it "might" be used against a GL in somewhere completely unrelated...ffs


    Jerks.
    They didn't change how confuse works against Raid Bosses, just against GLs

    So confuse should work the same in the Sith Raid

    Is this a mistake made while scrambling to defend CG?
    If it’s not, then why include “excludes raid bosses” in some ability descriptions?
    I'm clarifying C3P0 is still going to work the same in the raid before and after the changes

    I'm not defending anything, I'm clearing up a misconception lol

    If it's going stay as is, then you need to add it to a different list and not lump it into the raid boss and GL exclusion list, because right now the suggestion is that C3PO has been nerfed in the Sith raid. It doesn't matter what you say, that's how it reads.

    What you need is to add a new category titled something like...

    Additional skills that will not work against GL's, but will continue to work in all other existing scenarios.

    Right now the way it's listed, because it says excludes raid bosses and GL's, that says it no longer will work against raid bosses. If that's not the case, you need to specifically state that in the actual post in that section so it's not misunderstood by anyone not willing to read through 100 pages just to find a random post saying otherwise.

    Please update the list to make it clear, right now it's not.
Sign In or Register to comment.