[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• CG no longer believes in compensation.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    skyguy4645 wrote: »
    why is Padme CAT counter to gls more legitimate than Vader wat Thrawn counter?
    if its not, nerf it b4 everyone invests their time money, and resources into CAT

or wait until everyone invests their time money and resources into CAT and show us your just doing these nerfs for profit only

The bottom line; is this about the integrity of the game? or money?
    I will unlock CAT next Conquest for $0.
    Many people have already unlocked CAT for $0.
    All of those players.unlocked Padme and Thrawn long ago, most of them probably for $0.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    if its not, nerf it b4 everyone invests their time money, and resources into CAT

or wait until everyone invests their time money and resources into CAT and show us your just doing these nerfs for profit only

All of those players.unlocked Padme and Thrawn long ago, most of them probably for $0.

Good for you.. You may not have spent but others would of - why else does CG release stuff? Where does their revenue come from.?

So if people get the likes of Thrawn or Padme for free, then it's OK for CG to nerf them further down the line? Is that what you're saying?
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Good for you.. You may not have spent but others would of - why else does CG release stuff? Where does their revenue come from.?

So if people get the likes of Thrawn or Padme for free, then it's OK for CG to nerf them further down the line? Is that what you're saying?

I think he's saying that CAT isn't a huge revenue generator, so there's nothing to "wait for".
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Based on what we know so far, will the Luke squads still dominate Arena? I am 5 disc's from GLReys leg skill completion, but facing those squads now is no go for me. Is there some grand enhancement coming with the leg skill? As is facing teams like mine now is a coin toss.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Based on what we know so far, will the Luke squads still dominate Arena? I am 5 disc's from GLReys leg skill completion, but facing those squads now is no go for me. Is there some grand enhancement coming with the leg skill? As is facing teams like mine now is a coin toss.

If you mean the ultimate, yes, there is a very significant improvement for Rey. Tip for mirrors: hold your ultimate until the opposing Rey uses it. Luke's ultimate is pretty much useless in arena, though.
  • SWBSD
    57 posts Member
    So if I counted right from the RA post, there were essentially 15 characters nerfed, correct?

If that’s the case, why not push out to those who have those characters a one-time-use tool that lets them reset those characters and reacquire the resources used? One time only, all or nothing reset, and only those characters. Add the caveat that if one of those characters were required to unlock another character, the reset only goes back to the minimum needed for that unlock (similar for if hyperspace bundle was purchased).

Gives folks the opportunity to correct for the new rules (because the RA changes are a change to the rules of the game), keep the value of their time & $ investments (because they DO decrease the value of those characters), and generate some good will w/ the players.

At the end of the day, reading this thread has led me to believe those are the biggest complaints; the rules changed, players are facing a loss in investment, and CG’s customer service isn’t as satisfactory as it probably could be.

• Nauros wrote: »

If you mean the ultimate, yes, there is a very significant improvement for Rey. Tip for mirrors: hold your ultimate until the opposing Rey uses it. Luke's ultimate is pretty much useless in arena, though.

Thanks

What is the Rey improvement?
  • LynxVJ
    138 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Huhhh??? I can get no 1 in arena swimming through the sea of JMK thanks to JML's lead and ulti.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Just ignore people that think his lead and ultimate are bad.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SerylT2 wrote: »
    blacky123 wrote: »
    If the plan is to treat GLs as raid bosses, shouldn't Vader's culling blade be changed to "increased to 100% against raid bosses or galactic legends" instead of "increased to 100% against raid bosses"?

That would require them to be consistent and fair. It looks like they are all in on nerfing older content in order to make newer content unstoppable. Go ahead and gear up CAT and the new Maul now.. they will probably get nerfed on you in a year. They have now set a precedence that they are okay with with doing this. Expect these nerfs to happen frequently now for the rest of this games lifespan. Not sure how anybody will feel comfortable investing in characters from this point on if CG has shown themselves willing to now change the rules of the game to favor the flavor of the month.

They will keep doing this as long as it remains the most profitable course. The whales keep paying, so the rest of us are left with this.

As I've said before, the way to stop this is, sadly, for people to quit the game. Then the whales have to spend increasing amounts fighting only each other as arena shards collapse to "keep a balanced number of active players per shard," and then whales die off after they are bottom of the pack despite spending thousands per month, until only the krakens persist. Eventually the bottom keeps eroding away and the profits completely dry up. Then the game shuts down.

It is a food chain, and they are making the environment extremely inhospitable for the plankton. Their food chain is propped up on the IP. But that won't last forever.

I think they just mean Rey gets a large boost from her Ultimate, not that Rey’s Ultimate was boosted here.

Still not sure how that new Rey Whirlwind change works.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

I think they just mean Rey gets a large boost from her Ultimate, not that Rey’s Ultimate was boosted here.

Still not sure how that new Rey Whirlwind change works.

Yes, the question was whether there is an enhancement with the ultimate, so I interpreted it that way.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member

Her whirlwind will now scale in damage to her relic levels making it a potentially far more devastating attack.

Her whirlwind will now scale in damage to her relic levels making it a potentially far more devastating attack.

Potentially? Unless I misread it (possible, that is some serious word salad), at r7, she's going to deal 2×(1 + 0.07×7)=2.98x massive damage to target. She currently deals 3x. So at r8 (3.12x), she'll have a very slight boost. At r7, a very slight nerf. Basically, unchanged.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    Potentially? Unless I misread it (possible, that is some serious word salad), at r7, she's going to deal 2×(1 + 0.07×7)=2.98x massive damage to target. She currently deals 3x. So at r8 (3.12x), she'll have a very slight boost. At r7, a very slight nerf. Basically, unchanged.

@Ragnarok_COTF I have not done the math on it at all, so if that is the case then that is a fairly pathetic buff I agree. They probably intend for her 'Buff' to be at their treasured Relic 9 :D

• Let’s hope the technical issues they have developing new content also delays relic 9….

@Ragnarok_COTF I have not done the math on it at all, so if that is the case then that is a fairly pathetic buff I agree. They probably intend for her 'Buff' to be at their treasured Relic 9 :D

no relic 9 is the magical relic level where JML becomes a GL murdering beast to compensate for his team getting nerfed :joy:

• no relic 9 is the magical relic level where JML becomes a GL murdering beast to compensate for his team getting nerfed :joy:

Dream on..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I probably missed it, but does anyone know when exactly they're refunding the Relic 8 mats from Vader, GAS, etc.? I need the R8 on Piett for the new Executor and would rather just transfer the R8 I have on Vader. I really hope they don't do the refund after the Executor event -_-
  • dratas wrote: »
    I probably missed it, but does anyone know when exactly they're refunding the Relic 8 mats from Vader, GAS, etc.? I need the R8 on Piett for the new Executor and would rather just transfer the R8 I have on Vader. I really hope they don't do the refund after the Executor event -_-

don't hold out hope.. CG is not known for planning ahead that nice for any of the players.. After all, where would they make any real money from fake crystals to get a character to r8 that would actually help the player base?

Remember the fiasco with GMY's leader zeta and 2ish weeks later Bastilla was released and made GMY's leader ability moot??

yeah..
  • Are we going to see conquest start up again soon?

I know there is a delay due to (i don't remember) but its letting a little long in the tooth now don't you think? Hopefully we see that change in the GW screen soon.
  • Joebo720
    647 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm trying to stay positive with the mindset the downtime between the next two will be much shorter this time if they want to stick with the once a month cadence. But yeah, time for that preview phase.
  • MKHolloway wrote: »
    Are we going to see conquest start up again soon?

I know there is a delay due to (i don't remember) but its letting a little long in the tooth now don't you think? Hopefully we see that change in the GW screen soon.

I think see CG are changing it up a bit and Maul is being added as a reward. I don't think CG have said when it's up again but realistically I'd think the fabled month of August is probably conquest-free. Alas.
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    dratas wrote: »
    I probably missed it, but does anyone know when exactly they're refunding the Relic 8 mats from Vader, GAS, etc.? I need the R8 on Piett for the new Executor and would rather just transfer the R8 I have on Vader. I really hope they don't do the refund after the Executor event -_-

don't hold out hope.. CG is not known for planning ahead that nice for any of the players.. After all, where would they make any real money from fake crystals to get a character to r8 that would actually help the player base?

Remember the fiasco with GMY's leader zeta and 2ish weeks later Bastilla was released and made GMY's leader ability moot??

yeah..

They literally say in the RA that they're refunding R8s on Vader, Gen Sky, JKL.
  • Yeah this is getting out of hand. It’s been ages!