[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • Options
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    I'm sure R8 mats will get easier to find sometime after R9 drops.



    I said the same thing for r0-r5 when they announced r8 + CPit raid

    Honestly going from G13 to R4 feels easier than going from G9 to G12. Those early relic levels almost feel free (of course that's with spending all Cantina energy on signal data at all times, but the scavenger pieces are easy).

    Sounds like you haven't hit the carbonite or bronzium wall yet. Give it time.
  • Options
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    I'm sure R8 mats will get easier to find sometime after R9 drops.



    I said the same thing for r0-r5 when they announced r8 + CPit raid

    Honestly going from G13 to R4 feels easier than going from G9 to G12. Those early relic levels almost feel free (of course that's with spending all Cantina energy on signal data at all times, but the scavenger pieces are easy).

    Sounds like you haven't hit the carbonite or bronzium wall yet. Give it time.

    The what wall?
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    I'm sure R8 mats will get easier to find sometime after R9 drops.



    I said the same thing for r0-r5 when they announced r8 + CPit raid

    Honestly going from G13 to R4 feels easier than going from G9 to G12. Those early relic levels almost feel free (of course that's with spending all Cantina energy on signal data at all times, but the scavenger pieces are easy).

    Sounds like you haven't hit the carbonite or bronzium wall yet. Give it time.

    The what wall?

    exactly
  • Options
    Oh, the relic pieces, duh. I would guess I'm at least a year away from that wall. Maybe two. I have enough gear to trade for those pieces that I won't run out until after my next GL farm (which won't be for a while, I still have 6 toons to relic for Rey).
  • Richard_Goodwin
    47 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I wish that we weren't the ones getting screwed over just bc CG didn't like that players invested time, resources, and money on things that weren't their precious GLs. I'd feel a lot better about all of this if CG just admitted that they originally wanted GLs to be superior, but they messed up and want to go back to their original goal.
    I just want some communication, some honesty, CG
    Wishful thinking?
  • Options
    I wish that we weren't the ones getting screwed over just bc CG didn't like that players invested time, resources, and money on things that weren't their precious GLs. I'd feel a lot better about all of this if CG just admitted that they originally wanted GLs to be superior, but they messed up and want to go back to their original goal.
    I just want some communication, some honesty, CG
    Wishful thinking?

    To be fair, it was established since the beginning of GLs. They were supposed to be like mini raid bosses and top of the meta from March 2020. They also regularly buffed them or nerfed those able to beat them with ease. True, we never had a mass buff like this one (immune to some skills as raid bosses are) on top characters nerfs (ignore defense, Vader), all at once.

    Remember the huge ‘see is trash’ post. People there felt ‘getting screwed over’ because they invested time, resources and money to relic 10+ characters in order to unlock a character that, with the help of 4 more relic’d characters, was getting beaten up by teams that didn’t need half those resources.

    Either way, some people are going to feel screwed over. Maybe they should have buffed/nerfed them sooner. So people wouldn’t think ‘they’re not nerfing this one, so it’s legit. Too bad for the see owners, I’m gearing up my troopers’ and then feel played later when the see buff finally dropped in the RA.
  • Options
    I wish that we weren't the ones getting screwed over just bc CG didn't like that players invested time, resources, and money on things that weren't their precious GLs. I'd feel a lot better about all of this if CG just admitted that they originally wanted GLs to be superior, but they messed up and want to go back to their original goal.
    I just want some communication, some honesty, CG
    Wishful thinking?

    I may be misinterpreting, but when were we led to believe that GLs weren’t superior? Using a non-GL counter to take out a GL was fun, and necessary in many situations, but I was never under the illusion GLs weren’t supposed to be superior.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    If you're going to insist on GLs being the pinnacle, can we have some GLs that aren't force users? Getting a bit same old now.
  • UdalCuain
    5044 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Stormdude wrote: »
    4dpufbe3ddpf.jpg
    kf7pyn3kyigj.jpg
    ccw37gtv7cjn.jpg

    Can you guys not nerf my teams OUTSIDE of fighting GLs scenarios? It's weird to have things that are not immune to TM removal start to be just that, Immune to turn meter removal. Also don't stealth nerf stuff.

    But on serious note
    There is some kind of error on Gideons second special in the Mythic R2 thingy. Probably just a oversight, but given how things are? I see it as a prelude to things that come [change to Gideons zeta to make it remove TM ONLY IF in full 5 remenant squad AND him in leader slot ]

    The wording is old, but it does state that they are immune to TM delay in the event description. It's been that way since the event was created years ago. No TMR moves should affect them. Immunity trumps cannot be resisted.
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Doja and I spent most of the weekend gathering sentiment and feedback regarding the Road Ahead. Below are some of the most recurring comments we noticed, and hopefully the following responses will help clarify some of the questions and concerns you have.

    We also appreciate the vast majority of you separating the video format from the news contained within the message. Hopefully we can deliver more videos in the future and work toward expanding the ways we interact with the SWGoH community.

    Galactic Legends and non-GL counters/interactions:

    The community has always been excellent at puzzle-solving, theory-crafting, and finding ways to maximize the effectiveness of their rosters. The changes are meant to not only allow for more design space for powerful characters below Galactic Legends, but also to prevent situations in which a non-GL could one-shot or otherwise severely and regularly reduce the effectiveness of a Galactic Legend.

    As we mentioned in the video, changing characters post launch is a last resort. There needs to be a balance between how consistent a counter is and how powerful the squad they are facing is in comparison. This is not just for squads with GLs, but for any squad that is able to counter another. For a healthy balance to the meta, counters should require a similar amount of resources to the team they can beat, whether that’s mods, gear/relic level, and/or specific units.

    GLs require a large amount of time and resources to unlock and their place in the meta should reflect the difficulty involved in unlocking them. They are late-game units and it makes sense they would be commensurate in power and effectiveness to their status as late-game roster acquisitions that take a lot of effort to acquire.

    Difficulty of Events Post-Character Changes:

    We are reviewing existing Journey Guide events for any unintentional side effects. Our goal is to keep these events around the same level of difficulty as before.

    Three of the characters had specific updates to their kits to maintain the character’s utility as a high-end unit in other areas of the game, such as PvE events, etc. General Skywalker, for example, had things added to his kit because we wanted to offset the changes and make sure he remained highly effective - especially when leading a full 501st squad - in other areas of the game.

    Dark Trooper:

    We noticed some confusion surrounding Dark Trooper and wanted to clarify that DT is not getting any direct changes to its kit. Rather, the changes to Sith Eternal Emperor reduce Dark Trooper’s effectiveness in this matchup and that is why we specifically decided to return resources for Dark Trooper.

    Relic 9 Timing:

    Relic 9 is further out and will be coming to the game after the character changes are implemented, not before. We’ll share more details on R9 as it gets closer. Having said that, the character changes needed to happen before R9, otherwise the underlying issues surrounding defense being ignored would only be exasperated.

    Razor Crest Shards and Conquest 7:

    More details on obtaining Razor Crest shards will be coming soon. As far as Conquest 7 (and the concern of no August Conquest), as mentioned in the video, Conquest 7 will experience a slight delay. Three Conquests over the next three-ish months is still the plan. This should result in little to no interference with the timeline of playing through the next three Conquests and reaping the resulting rewards of your efforts there.

    Executor Requirements:

    We saw a lot of discussion surrounding the requirements for Executor and it’s place in the fleet meta. It is our intention that the Executor will be commensurate in power to the difficulty involved in acquiring it.

    ---

    I hope this response sheds some light on our perspective. We will continue to escalate your feedback to the team and be here to answer as many questions as possible.

    So with the F2P changes, is gac gonna get updatrd to give fair fights? 1 gl v 3 gl with no real non gl counter isn't fair, considering its about "Skill", thats just an auto win.

    The one part of the game that wasn't just completely owned by one team, now, after so long of being ignored, is getting a super fleet that of course can be whaled on, do you people even want F2P people here?

    Building a roster efficient in gac takes skill. If you build it so well that you’re in an almost auto win situation, congratulations are in order.
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Doja and I spent most of the weekend gathering sentiment and feedback regarding the Road Ahead. Below are some of the most recurring comments we noticed, and hopefully the following responses will help clarify some of the questions and concerns you have.

    We also appreciate the vast majority of you separating the video format from the news contained within the message. Hopefully we can deliver more videos in the future and work toward expanding the ways we interact with the SWGoH community.

    Galactic Legends and non-GL counters/interactions:

    The community has always been excellent at puzzle-solving, theory-crafting, and finding ways to maximize the effectiveness of their rosters. The changes are meant to not only allow for more design space for powerful characters below Galactic Legends, but also to prevent situations in which a non-GL could one-shot or otherwise severely and regularly reduce the effectiveness of a Galactic Legend.

    As we mentioned in the video, changing characters post launch is a last resort. There needs to be a balance between how consistent a counter is and how powerful the squad they are facing is in comparison. This is not just for squads with GLs, but for any squad that is able to counter another. For a healthy balance to the meta, counters should require a similar amount of resources to the team they can beat, whether that’s mods, gear/relic level, and/or specific units.

    GLs require a large amount of time and resources to unlock and their place in the meta should reflect the difficulty involved in unlocking them. They are late-game units and it makes sense they would be commensurate in power and effectiveness to their status as late-game roster acquisitions that take a lot of effort to acquire.

    Difficulty of Events Post-Character Changes:

    We are reviewing existing Journey Guide events for any unintentional side effects. Our goal is to keep these events around the same level of difficulty as before.

    Three of the characters had specific updates to their kits to maintain the character’s utility as a high-end unit in other areas of the game, such as PvE events, etc. General Skywalker, for example, had things added to his kit because we wanted to offset the changes and make sure he remained highly effective - especially when leading a full 501st squad - in other areas of the game.

    Dark Trooper:

    We noticed some confusion surrounding Dark Trooper and wanted to clarify that DT is not getting any direct changes to its kit. Rather, the changes to Sith Eternal Emperor reduce Dark Trooper’s effectiveness in this matchup and that is why we specifically decided to return resources for Dark Trooper.

    Relic 9 Timing:

    Relic 9 is further out and will be coming to the game after the character changes are implemented, not before. We’ll share more details on R9 as it gets closer. Having said that, the character changes needed to happen before R9, otherwise the underlying issues surrounding defense being ignored would only be exasperated.

    Razor Crest Shards and Conquest 7:

    More details on obtaining Razor Crest shards will be coming soon. As far as Conquest 7 (and the concern of no August Conquest), as mentioned in the video, Conquest 7 will experience a slight delay. Three Conquests over the next three-ish months is still the plan. This should result in little to no interference with the timeline of playing through the next three Conquests and reaping the resulting rewards of your efforts there.

    Executor Requirements:

    We saw a lot of discussion surrounding the requirements for Executor and it’s place in the fleet meta. It is our intention that the Executor will be commensurate in power to the difficulty involved in acquiring it.

    ---

    I hope this response sheds some light on our perspective. We will continue to escalate your feedback to the team and be here to answer as many questions as possible.

    So with the F2P changes, is gac gonna get updatrd to give fair fights? 1 gl v 3 gl with no real non gl counter isn't fair, considering its about "Skill", thats just an auto win.

    The one part of the game that wasn't just completely owned by one team, now, after so long of being ignored, is getting a super fleet that of course can be whaled on, do you people even want F2P people here?

    Building a roster efficient in gac takes skill. If you build it so well that you’re in an almost auto win situation, congratulations are in order.

    Thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Miller thank you both for that interview.

    I enjoyed the hell out of that.

    Please do more just like that one for future releases. I found it better than the dev kit insite post.

    Thanks again.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    The one part of the game that wasn't just completely owned by one team, now, after so long of being ignored, is getting a super fleet that of course can be whaled on, do you people even want F2P people here?

    In fairness, the game doesn't run on FTP. Sure some are needed to feed the whales, else they wouldn't feel the advantage they pay for. But the game is there to make money, and FTP does not directly contribute to that.
    Hopefully for those staying in the game there will be another fleet to counter the new one. The previous fleet meta I liked in that you could choose Neg or Mal and they seemed really even, in terms of being able to counter each other, get #1 in fleet etc. Even a good Rebel fleet could hit up well (though I really doubt the gear 7 Mace endurance fleet that blitzed my arena Mal fleet in 30secs in GAC was legit)
    You got to choose based on preference. But now you need the new capital to win, so hard farm if you're competitive.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Building a roster efficient in gac takes skill. If you build it so well that you’re in an almost auto win situation, congratulations are in order.

    That used to be the case. Now with many efficient non-GL GAC rosters being nuked by the nerfs, not so much. Now if you happened to have chosen to focus hard on GLs, you're promoted to a good GAC roster. Some used skill to get there, others just the nerfs.
  • Options
    Wimma wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Building a roster efficient in gac takes skill. If you build it so well that you’re in an almost auto win situation, congratulations are in order.

    That used to be the case. Now with many efficient non-GL GAC rosters being nuked by the nerfs, not so much. Now if you happened to have chosen to focus hard on GLs, you're promoted to a good GAC roster. Some used skill to get there, others just the nerfs.

    Interesting, as it may explain the mass nerf. If as you suggest, focusing on GLs wasn’t how you had a good gac roster (as non-GLs counters use less resources than GLs), that means focusing on what was supposed to be meta teams was not the way to go to have a good gac roster; so why farm GLs if you want to be competitive in this pvp mode ? For a meta driven game, if the way to go is not farming the meta team but is farming the cheaper counter instead, that could be a problem imo.

    About fleets i’m with you, having 2 around the same power level was nice because it brought diversity, although it meant you needed 2 instead of 1 to not be at disadvantage in gac.
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Doja and I spent most of the weekend gathering sentiment and feedback regarding the Road Ahead. Below are some of the most recurring comments we noticed, and hopefully the following responses will help clarify some of the questions and concerns you have.

    We also appreciate the vast majority of you separating the video format from the news contained within the message. Hopefully we can deliver more videos in the future and work toward expanding the ways we interact with the SWGoH community.

    Galactic Legends and non-GL counters/interactions:

    The community has always been excellent at puzzle-solving, theory-crafting, and finding ways to maximize the effectiveness of their rosters. The changes are meant to not only allow for more design space for powerful characters below Galactic Legends, but also to prevent situations in which a non-GL could one-shot or otherwise severely and regularly reduce the effectiveness of a Galactic Legend.

    As we mentioned in the video, changing characters post launch is a last resort. There needs to be a balance between how consistent a counter is and how powerful the squad they are facing is in comparison. This is not just for squads with GLs, but for any squad that is able to counter another. For a healthy balance to the meta, counters should require a similar amount of resources to the team they can beat, whether that’s mods, gear/relic level, and/or specific units.

    GLs require a large amount of time and resources to unlock and their place in the meta should reflect the difficulty involved in unlocking them. They are late-game units and it makes sense they would be commensurate in power and effectiveness to their status as late-game roster acquisitions that take a lot of effort to acquire.

    Difficulty of Events Post-Character Changes:

    We are reviewing existing Journey Guide events for any unintentional side effects. Our goal is to keep these events around the same level of difficulty as before.

    Three of the characters had specific updates to their kits to maintain the character’s utility as a high-end unit in other areas of the game, such as PvE events, etc. General Skywalker, for example, had things added to his kit because we wanted to offset the changes and make sure he remained highly effective - especially when leading a full 501st squad - in other areas of the game.

    Dark Trooper:

    We noticed some confusion surrounding Dark Trooper and wanted to clarify that DT is not getting any direct changes to its kit. Rather, the changes to Sith Eternal Emperor reduce Dark Trooper’s effectiveness in this matchup and that is why we specifically decided to return resources for Dark Trooper.

    Relic 9 Timing:

    Relic 9 is further out and will be coming to the game after the character changes are implemented, not before. We’ll share more details on R9 as it gets closer. Having said that, the character changes needed to happen before R9, otherwise the underlying issues surrounding defense being ignored would only be exasperated.

    Razor Crest Shards and Conquest 7:

    More details on obtaining Razor Crest shards will be coming soon. As far as Conquest 7 (and the concern of no August Conquest), as mentioned in the video, Conquest 7 will experience a slight delay. Three Conquests over the next three-ish months is still the plan. This should result in little to no interference with the timeline of playing through the next three Conquests and reaping the resulting rewards of your efforts there.

    Executor Requirements:

    We saw a lot of discussion surrounding the requirements for Executor and it’s place in the fleet meta. It is our intention that the Executor will be commensurate in power to the difficulty involved in acquiring it.

    ---

    I hope this response sheds some light on our perspective. We will continue to escalate your feedback to the team and be here to answer as many questions as possible.

    So with the F2P changes, is gac gonna get updatrd to give fair fights? 1 gl v 3 gl with no real non gl counter isn't fair, considering its about "Skill", thats just an auto win.

    The one part of the game that wasn't just completely owned by one team, now, after so long of being ignored, is getting a super fleet that of course can be whaled on, do you people even want F2P people here?

    Building a roster efficient in gac takes skill. If you build it so well that you’re in an almost auto win situation, congratulations are in order.

    Guess what, now alot of my GL counters ARE bloat, took time to get counters done, now they just add to my gp without any real use, most normal teams are easy

    Which is why I’m all for improving the ‘devolving’ offer they made already.
  • Options
    Again, nerfing Wat without some kind of offense trade off for removing the defense ignore is not a fair play. Terrible that you won't reconsider that specific change among the other changes.
  • Options
    Terrible that they don’t listen to their customers. Terrible that they think not having diversity is a good thing. Terrible that they kill/nerf anything that may possibly stand in the way of their almighty $$. Terrible. Congrats CG… you’ve proven that even with you’re listening and “we hear you”, in fact your hearing and seeing is terrible. For 61 pages of this thread people have begged and pleaded to not do this. Yet you stand with your terrible decision to kill massive investments of time and resources. But this isn’t important to you. Just $$$. That’s the only thing you seem to care about. Terrible business plan. You’ve jeopardized the game for 1,000’s of players.
  • VladoVD
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Lol! you still make comments here and think that you'll change something with them ? nice try 😅 you'll see that the devs will do exactly what they intended to, although telling that they care for your feedback 😅 I told you this since the beginning 🤷‍♂️ excuses like "but they invested a lot of time and resources in GLs, so we must give them a shoulder in pvp content" are mildly said laughable, because these GLs are paying off pretty well in pve content already and still are backbone in pvp. so, let me summarize it for you:
    devs: hi, guys, we intend to drastically reduce the flexibility of your gameplay. do you agree?;
    most of the community: no;
    devs: well, ok, but we'll do it anyway, because lots of money are involved in this.

    don't be naive, people, that's the reality and the only way to "fix" such issues is to reduce their income, otherwise this travesty will continue :) (I'm expecting my post to be deleted soon ;) )
    Post edited by VladoVD on
  • Options
    Ilinso1 wrote: »
    Terrible that they don’t listen to their customers. Terrible that they think not having diversity is a good thing. Terrible that they kill/nerf anything that may possibly stand in the way of their almighty $$. Terrible. Congrats CG… you’ve proven that even with you’re listening and “we hear you”, in fact your hearing and seeing is terrible. For 61 pages of this thread people have begged and pleaded to not do this. Yet you stand with your terrible decision to kill massive investments of time and resources. But this isn’t important to you. Just $$$. That’s the only thing you seem to care about. Terrible business plan. You’ve jeopardized the game for 1,000’s of players.

    To be fair, by killing massive investments of time and resources they protect huge investments of time and resources.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ilinso1 wrote: »
    Terrible that they don’t listen to their customers. Terrible that they think not having diversity is a good thing. Terrible that they kill/nerf anything that may possibly stand in the way of their almighty $$. Terrible. Congrats CG… you’ve proven that even with you’re listening and “we hear you”, in fact your hearing and seeing is terrible. For 61 pages of this thread people have begged and pleaded to not do this. Yet you stand with your terrible decision to kill massive investments of time and resources. But this isn’t important to you. Just $$$. That’s the only thing you seem to care about. Terrible business plan. You’ve jeopardized the game for 1,000’s of players.

    To be fair, by killing massive investments of time and resources they protect huge investments of time and resources.

    Huh? It is all relative to that point in the game…the counters CG is nerfing was a huge time and resource commitment at that point in time. All they’re doing is proving the point, that people make all the time, is your previous investment becomes less in valuable versus what you expected it to be when you purchased it. Almost like a pyramid scheme…
  • dhwo
    69 posts Member
    Options
    How is the nerfing in line with what CG has released today?
    In contrast to the GLs , that they are so thoroughly protecting, they have released today a fleet that‘s utter garbage on D. How is CG protecting this investment? Not at all…they simply don’t care.

    To be honest I think that this is quite the opposite compared to what they are doing with the despicable nerfing of non-GL counters.

    They are milking the cow as they are about to kill a major part of the game. Neither GAC nor TW will be the same after the nerf.
    Look at the participation in GAC…based on my experience the participation in 3v3 is at an all time low, which will increase even more.

    This game is dying.
  • Options
    And still no buff to wat to offset the nerf to weapon tech lol. Not even an increase in offense or anything. Funny how a weapon tech mod does nothing related to a weapon lol
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options
    haha, I give up.
    thou shalt not question the intent for feedback.
    understood.
  • Options
    when is Wat's weapon tech being renamed turn meter tech?
  • Options
    when is Wat's weapon tech being renamed turn meter tech?

    The "kind-of-speedy-unless-Hux-or-JMK-or-CPIT-Bosses-are-present tech"
Sign In or Register to comment.