[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• No
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    No

Please get back on topic or just stop. This thread is about the RA, not your complaints. Nobody here appreciates your trolling and lashing out but yourself, and I’m sure I speak for most of the forumers in this thread when I ask for you to stop your whining and let this thread get back on topic.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    @HanSolonoid lets not derail the thread any further
  • Ultra wrote: »

She’s alive!

Any who, to try and get it back on track,

Are we really not getting any kind of addition to Wat’s weapon tech to make up for the nerf? Most others got some kind of work around. We can’t get like a percentage increase in crit chance/damage or offense? Ugh…
  • When is the big nerf bat? Maybe 7 days from refund update?

Be interesting to see how the “top 25 character” lists the streamers do change, if they do at all.

Will WAT, Vader, Thrawn still hold their spots?
  • Well that dude killed the thread then 😭

Can we start a new clean one?
  • Crayons wrote: »
    When is the big nerf bat? Maybe 7 days from refund update?

Be interesting to see how the “top 25 character” lists the streamers do change, if they do at all.

Will WAT, Vader, Thrawn still hold their spots?

next week. they wanted to give us time to think about the decision they said.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yeah, I wish the nerfs went in right now with the refund, not sure why there is a week gap
  • Yay replies 🙌

Yes. Wish it came right away. I got none, but my guild buds had, and every single one of them took the character immediately back to where it was anyway.

I wonder what % are just gonna do that
    Yay replies 🙌

Yes. Wish it came right away. I got none, but my guild buds had, and every single one of them took the character immediately back to where it was anyway.

I have not, I want to see what impact the actual changes have before I do that.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • I'm saving my r8 vader refund for r8 Piett/Boba for Executor. Whichever one I relic first (likely boba cuz he's g12+3, piett still 6*). That way only have to get enough mats for 1 more r8.
    Yay replies 🙌

I'm really surprised anyone would redo the r8 on Vader and JKL--at least until we see them post change.

We know GAS is needed for LV, so you might as well put that back if you don't have any other pressing need. Dark may not be a SEE counter in the future, but he's still freakin' amazing. I haven't bumped mine back to r7 yet, but I probably will.
    Yay replies 🙌

I'm really surprised anyone would redo the r8 on Vader and JKL--at least until we see them post change.

We know GAS is needed for LV, so you might as well put that back if you don't have any other pressing need. Dark may not be a SEE counter in the future, but he's still freakin' amazing. I haven't bumped mine back to r7 yet, but I probably will.

Guess that’s why with GAS. To be honest it mostly was gas’s being taken back to 8
  • Any news of when the conquest will be? Start to be quite tight if they really mean it won’t be cancelled.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Any news of when the conquest will be? Start to be quite tight if they really mean it won’t be cancelled.

Hopefully they are too busy fixing the Executor. :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nick_74 wrote: »
    Any news of when the conquest will be? Start to be quite tight if they really mean it won’t be cancelled.

If they want to give players 3 conquests in 3(ish) months, they can launch it as late as mid September, launch 3 conquest back to back and be done by the end of October.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »

If they want to give players 3 conquests in 3(ish) months, they can launch it as late as mid September, launch 3 conquest back to back and be done by the end of October.

ugh that doesn't sound fun at all. that just makes it feel more repetitive and a chore.
  • ugh that doesn't sound fun at all. that just makes it feel more repetitive and a chore.

Aye! If that were to be the case I would be more worried about my own stamina than my SWGOH characters. Further, I would ask for a raise!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Are we really not getting any kind of addition to Wat’s weapon tech to make up for the nerf? Most others got some kind of work around. We can’t get like a percentage increase in crit chance/damage or offense? Ugh…

That's what I'd love to know too. They explicitly stated that they wanted to raise their viability in other areas to compensate for the nerf, but Wat's nerf doesn't get compensated by anything. To the point where it's absurd to call it a WEAPON tech.

Can we have an official response from the devs about this please?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Official response ? Sorry bro but they don't hang out here ... Probably faster if all these questions are raised during the unofficial official pod cast and Reddit
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Granolo wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

They've given a response on this before, that the added offense didn't make any difference so they didn't see the point

They've given a response on this before, that the added offense didn't make any difference so they didn't see the point

Wut? How does adding offense not make a difference? If they wanted to "not make a difference", then they should offset the Ignore Defense loss with "deals 100% more damage". Not +100% offense, because that can be (often is) a less than 100% relative increase. And most of the enemies we fight in PvP that are not tanks have Armor% values around or near 50%. So, armor matters again (their stated goal), but the utility of the tech would be largely preserved.

This is why people speculate and assume all the time. Their responses sometimes don't make sense, which leads us to believe they aren't being entirely truthful with us. It sounds like the answer really is, "This needed to be nerfed hard. Adding some offense/damage increase would make the nerf not as hard as we want. Sorry."
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Wut? How does adding offense not make a difference? If they wanted to "not make a difference", then they should offset the Ignore Defense loss with "deals 100% more damage". Not +100% offense, because that can be (often is) a less than 100% relative increase. And most of the enemies we fight in PvP that are not tanks have Armor% values around or near 50%. So, armor matters again (their stated goal), but the utility of the tech would be largely preserved.

This is why people speculate and assume all the time. Their responses sometimes don't make sense, which leads us to believe they aren't being entirely truthful with us. It sounds like the answer really is, "This needed to be nerfed hard. Adding some offense/damage increase would make the nerf not as hard as we want. Sorry."

They nerfed the ignore defense because it was hitting too hard, I'm guessing they thought the only acceptable offset was +5% or +10% offense, idk

i don't agree with the reasoning myself but it is what Crumb said (in a stream i believe)

I'd rather still get the +5% offense or whatever value they were trying out with, every little bit helps afterall

They nerfed the ignore defense because it was hitting too hard, I'm guessing they thought the only acceptable offset was +5% or +10% offense, idk

i don't agree with the reasoning myself but it is what Crumb said (in a stream i believe)

I'd rather still get the +5% offense or whatever value they were trying out with, every little bit helps afterall

A compromise could be giving additional offense or inflicting armor shred against target locked enemies; would maintain much of Wat's current value in DSTB and as part of Droid squads, but really limit his viability elsewhere. Just straight turning it into "TM tech" is a really lazy solution.

I think the broad consensus is that literally anything would have gotten a better reception than the straight nerf, and as Ultra said, 5-10% offense is better than nothing.
  • Conquest 7 is delayed by more than 23 days which is hurting all the players, especially those who hoped to get CAT in time.
  • Yeah. It’s kinda beyond a joke now.

And communication is poor.
  • As long as we have a conquest before October, it’s still in line with what they said. Getting ready to wait one more month and be glad if it arrives sooner is the path to happiness.
  • Wake me up when September ends…
  • Last good event?
    Maybe Malak
    Geos or even Ewoks with the walkers
    All these relic gated events are ****
    Just CG milking the bottom line
    I understand they have to move the bar
    but do some FUN events
    and don’t be so miserly and bottom line on everything!!!