[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • Options
    Spent so long focused on unlocking GAS, and getting him to 7 star. Gets nerfed a month later. This game blows. The kicker is I actually spend money on this pile. Thank you CG, you ruin everything fun about this game.

    Yes, you spend money unlocking and gearing Gas, Luke, Wat etc. because you know they are great. Then CG changes the deal.
    Using GAS and JKL under JML now is like watching paint dry. There damage seems the be reduced by 50% minimum.
    If CG didn’t like GAS, JKL, and Wat ignoring defense on GL’s, that interaction should have been changed only with GL’s, not against every character. Honestly you feel like you wasted money and months of time. Thanks CG.
  • Options
    papaofmom wrote: »
    As a user of JMK I can confirm he has received no nerfs.

    You know exactly what I have meant ;) Will see what you say when they release LV and without strong GAS under JMK, JMK will probably not stand a chance.
    I prefer that over an extra wall of text to specifically counter gas and jkl abilities.
  • Options
    Wrathe wrote: »
    AhaanJ1501 wrote: »
    I have been farming gas for the past 6 months bor all of a sudden they nerves the character.what I don't understand is instead of nerfing all of these characters why don't they just add galactic legends defense can't be ignored. That way Gls will become harder to beat but vader gas will have the offense to counter darth revans etc. What do I do now

    From watching the Road Ahead video, it sounds like they intend to overhaul the DEF system as a whole, making it a more attractive stat than it is now. It's going to be important for more than just GL players to not have DEF as trivialized as it was before.

    That should be seen as a good thing, as it means they want to improve gameplay and balance for not just GL char's, but everyone.

    IF that's what they are going for, they should first bring new changes about defense mechanisms into the game and then after a while nerf characters so we could actually see the "health meta" right after the nerfs. instead, they just nerfed and gave some promises. this is the company that fixes the bug only after the new meta comes around.
  • HeroWithNoFear
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Right now Telekinesis which i really loved from the beginning, is useless. GAS the most important character of Star Wars Universe has less damage than CAT. I really can't accept that. They said in the road ahead They want to "maintain their appropriate feel as a Characters in Star Wars Universe" right. If that's TRUE, right now CAT is beyond more useful and powerful than GAS and all of us know CAT is not nearly as powerful as GAS in the Star Wars Universe. GAS update needs to be reverted as soon as possible, right now he is really pathetic and most of the players tried hard to unlock and 7 star GAS. Please not just read these comments act on it. You want to maintain GL's "appropriate feel as a character in Star Wars Universe" that's understandable but GAS or JKL not hitting as hard as they do not to GL to ANYONE. JKL maybe not that bad right now, but GAS is really suffering his peak damage was 200k+ but now his doing 15k damage on telekinesis 7 Star Relic 7 GAS hits like 6 Star G11 GAS this is absurd, and this is unacceptable. We are giving this game most valuable things in our lives TIME and then Money this is not the right approach to the players who loved this game, this universe.
  • Options
    Alright CG, you're not gonna like what i am about to write, because most of us know that you don't like honesty, or you can't afford to be honest.

    There are 3 possibilities:

    1. You don't care about the quality of your game, you don't care about your players and have no respect for their investments. You only care about profit, even if it's based on predatory and vague marketing, while you're knowingly feeding gambling-based addictions.

    2. You have some love for the game and the players, but you're being pressured to do what you're doing by EA, specifically by the people on the top of the chain who are in command. I wouldn't be surprised that this is more likely the case, considering how notoriously greedy and dishonest EA is. Well, mostly their CEO and the top of the chain.

    3. A mix of these two above.

    There is no other explanation to what you've been doing since the release of Malak, the first legendary to be locked behind a power threshold requirement, a paywall mechanism that became your classic profitable and predatory strategy, followed by G12 finishers, Relics, DS Geo, LS Geo, and your ultimate cash grab: GL's.

    This move that you did with this update is not only illogical (or logical from a shameless profit perspective), but also highly disrespectful to every guild and player out there that invested heavily to unlock Vader, Wat, GAS and JKL.

    What were you thinking with these changes? If you wanted to further the gap between GL's and non-GL's, why didn't you just buff the GL's, instead of heavily nerfing for example GAS, a character that has been in the game for almost 2 years now, and doing it WITHOUT GIVING ANY COMPENSATION? Do you even realize that this is a form of a scam? If you even care in the first place.

    Seriously, how do you people sleep at night? I know for sure that i would have trouble sleeping, knowing that millions of people are ridiculing me every day, while my company and the company that my company is working for, are notoriously known ALL OVER THE INTERNET for using predatory and vague marketing strategies, while being dishonest, greedy, and shady and making a huge profit through feeding gambling-based addictions.

    I'm probably talking to a wall at this point, but i'm still gonna say it: This is a good time to redeem yourself.

    Either stay greedy and dishonest and make huge profits for your corporate overlords, while you enjoy yourself through crumbs of what they let you have. You will eventually experience either mass player boycott, or something bad will happen to EA (and it eventually will if they keep up like this), and you will go down with them. Ultimately you'll be "forever" known through history as dishonest, greedy and manipulative, both as people and as a company.

    OR

    Have some self respect and decency, and stand up to your greedy corporate overlords, either through mass boycott or pressuring them back, let them know that you're not corporate pawns but human beings with consciousness. You might get fired, and not have fat paychecks anymore, but at least you'll be known as people and a company that stood up against the greediness and shadiness that is currently corrupting most known companies and corporations, not just the gaming ones.

    As more people every day are "waking up" about corruption and manipulation, so will the corrupted and manipulative companies fall. And such gaming companies as well, like Activision, Blizzard, EA, Sony, Bungie, WB, CDPR, Bioware, and many more. They are all falling apart, will you be going down with them CG? That depends on you. The only thing that is saving you right now is that you're not a major company, and you're under the radar, but as you gain publicity that will eventually change.

    Good luck, you'll be needing it for where you're going.

  • Options
    Hi CG,

    I have a quiestion that has been lurking in my mind for quite some time now - I completely understand that you feed from the whales that play the game. I mean charging 500$ for a character that nobody knows if it is even going to be good has to be good for you, right? I can buy a AAA game for 50-60$ and I'm guaranteed to have fun and the characters you release can turn out to be useless trash but still cost 10 times as a EA, Blizzard or any other big game company game. But my question is this - since you feed on the whales and need their money to make money has any of you stopped and asked yourselves - what do whales feed on? Because whales need players to beat and you've shown for the past year and more that you don't care about the F2P players and you are trying to distance the whales from them as much as possible. But what will happen when most of your F2P players leave the game because you do nothing for them? What will the whales do when there is nothing to do and play against in your game? Because when your lose 98% of your players base all you are left with are players that will get bored so quickly that they will stop paying at all and. That means you will be out of job and you are killing the game by only looking to make the game good for 2% of your players. In order to have a healty long lasting game you need the perfect ratio between F2P and whales, but by killing the F2P you are effectively killing your whales as well. I am F2P player and you are making me want to leave this game. I have been playing for several years and now I feel sad because you are killing the game and you are ruining the experience for everybody. Well done CG... well done GG.
  • Options
    LynxVJ wrote: »
    As a JML owner, I can say JML lead still works well against SLKR, JML, JMK. No chance to test against Rey since I can't find her in my arena.
    My JKR lead and Wat though, are dead in the water.

    Yeah my JKR composition is getting run over and falling like a rock in arena. My SLKR and JML lead are holding much better. It’s really sad how bad Wat and GAS got hit with the nerf hammer
  • Options
    Because they get more money this way sadly the entire game has become how can cg earn the most
  • Options
    After testing out the updated Vader the culling blade seems to be weaker than the basic. I am not even sure the culling blade can dispatch a R7 Genosian Spy - it is kind of quite questionable if this is really enough damage for Vaders special.
    I suppose LV will have debuffs similar to DR and this is the reasoning behind this whole nerf. However it Vader feels unfun to play now as his basic hits as hard as his special under normal circumstances of 3-4 debuffs.
  • Options
    Vader was awful. They made him good. They took him away.

    Can’t even kill Geos lower gear.

    The tragedy of Darth Vader.
  • Options
    Unique, every time critically hit he gains retribution for one turn.
  • TVF
    36656 posts Member
    Options
    Byrdka wrote: »
    Unique, every time critically hit he gains retribution for one turn.

    This isn't helping the problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    What he needs is his damage back on culling blade
  • Options
    What CG should have done is stipulate that Culling Blade does 40% less damage specifically against GLs instead of a blanket 40% damage reduction.
  • Options
    What CG should have done is stipulate that Culling Blade does 40% less damage specifically against GLs instead of a blanket 40% damage reduction.

    absolutely
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    What CG should have done is stipulate that Culling Blade does 40% less damage specifically against GLs instead of a blanket 40% damage reduction.

    This. Why didn’t CG just change the abilities they nerfed to be nerfed just for GLs, and be unchanged against non-GLs?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    What CG should have done is stipulate that Culling Blade does 40% less damage specifically against GLs instead of a blanket 40% damage reduction.

    This. Why didn’t CG just change the abilities they nerfed to be nerfed just for GLs, and be unchanged against non-GLs?

    Because the reasons they gave are a lie. It is a money grab. Leave a 1 star review in the appropriate game store if you want any impact on their decision making. A few thousand of those and new people stop signing up and only then, they realize they can't keep doing this.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    DinoMight wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    What CG should have done is stipulate that Culling Blade does 40% less damage specifically against GLs instead of a blanket 40% damage reduction.

    This. Why didn’t CG just change the abilities they nerfed to be nerfed just for GLs, and be unchanged against non-GLs?

    Because the reasons they gave are a lie. It is a money grab. Leave a 1 star review in the appropriate game store if you want any impact on their decision making. A few thousand of those and new people stop signing up and only then, they realize they can't keep doing this.

    I’m sure CG would love that. Here’s to hoping it makes some change!
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    So my only problem with the big nerf that just went down is that not all GL’s are created equal. By nerfing the characters which were down so, it makes it all but impossible for certain GLs to be beaten…even for a computer
  • Options
    Yeah, these changes were a bad idea. They even weakened certain GL vs. GL counters.
  • Options
    I really don't like these changes. The problem with the thinking that a non-GL team shouldn't be able to counter a GL team is that it also makes it extremely difficult to even 2 or 3 shot a GL team without using your own GL. Plus, they ended up weakening a lot of GL vs. GL counters. SLKR/Thrawn/Hux and JML/GAS/HY used to be fairly solid counters vs. Rey/Han/Chewie in 3 vs. 3. Now that Fracture has been nerfed and GAS's damage in a non-501st team has been nerfed though, both of these counters are significantly worse. And those are GL vs. GL counters.

    They have made GAC and TW even more GL heavy than they were....frankly, there now needs to be some sort of GL comparison in the GAC and TW matchmaking so people aren't getting matched up with someone who has more GLs than them. It is now the single most important factor in GAC and TW match-ups.
  • Options
    As they're no doubt already aware at CG the creative theorycrafting community has already developed new non-GL counters to some GL squads. I implore you do not nerf these characters. If you want to indeed respect the integrity and time commitment of players who decide to get GL characters and want them to be in a league of their own then buff GL's. Buffs will almost always be better received than nerfs. Right now to the vast majority of the community is very unhappy with you CG. You've instituted a lot of changes with the nerfs, the increased relic 8 requirements for GL's, relic 9, the conquest changes...all of these things look like pure and simple corporate greed. You should take better care of your player base because without them the game dies. There was a much hyped game called Anthem that was released a few years ago. The developers told the executives the game wasn't ready and they said "we don't care we need to release it now to appease the shareholders." They released the game...filled with tons of bugs and no content...the game flopped and the president of Electronic Arts had to resign. SWGOH has made 1.2 billion dollars so far. It would be a shame to see it die a slow and painful death because of corporate greed.
  • Options
    Every 5v5 GL match came down to having GAS and/or Wat in the team.
    That was never going to change, because they were always going to be the best choice w/o creating even more power creep.

    DEF can't have purpose if everything bypasses it. They've stated a desire to expand on the strength of DEF (still coming), but how can you implement that design when so many kits will bypass it anyways either innately, or through equipment?

    Short of abandoning DEF as a stat and moving the desired improvements to a new stat that isn't so easily bypassed is a LOT more impactful than fixing a few toons that are killing your design capabilities.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Wrathe wrote: »
    Every 5v5 GL match came down to having GAS and/or Wat in the team.
    That was never going to change, because they were always going to be the best choice w/o creating even more power creep.

    DEF can't have purpose if everything bypasses it. They've stated a desire to expand on the strength of DEF (still coming), but how can you implement that design when so many kits will bypass it anyways either innately, or through equipment?

    Short of abandoning DEF as a stat and moving the desired improvements to a new stat that isn't so easily bypassed is a LOT more impactful than fixing a few toons that are killing your design capabilities.

    And now, every match will come down to having Maul for his repeated ramping damage that ignores defense. When the novelty of Maul fades and the money from the new and "improved" conquest stops rolling in, they will suddenly realize that true damage invalidates defense and needs a nerf, then proceed with adding something else that fills the same role. Rinse and repeat as long as there are people willing to pay for the new thing.
  • Options
    Mistake maden is the cross capability by a lot of characters. Tags can solve everything with ease. Without entirely destroying certain characters.

    GAS - 501 full team tag for certain abilities
    Wat - Separatist tag for certain abilities (tank tech in full is also overpowered for GLs)
    Armorer - Mandalorian tag for certain abilities (hardest ingame buff by far - without any req except either doing 1 attack round or one team mate dropping low)

    Jedis and Sith should be all separated into Era's like galactic Jedi etc

    etc etc...just easy examples of how to fix stuff
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Wrathe wrote: »
    Every 5v5 GL match came down to having GAS and/or Wat in the team.
    That was never going to change, because they were always going to be the best choice w/o creating even more power creep.

    DEF can't have purpose if everything bypasses it. They've stated a desire to expand on the strength of DEF (still coming), but how can you implement that design when so many kits will bypass it anyways either innately, or through equipment?

    Short of abandoning DEF as a stat and moving the desired improvements to a new stat that isn't so easily bypassed is a LOT more impactful than fixing a few toons that are killing your design capabilities.

    And now, every match will come down to having Maul for his repeated ramping damage that ignores defense. When the novelty of Maul fades and the money from the new and "improved" conquest stops rolling in, they will suddenly realize that true damage invalidates defense and needs a nerf, then proceed with adding something else that fills the same role. Rinse and repeat as long as there are people willing to pay for the new thing.

    True Damage isn't new. It's been massively undervalued because bypassing DEF AND Critting was always going to be the better choice.

    Maul will have his niche teams, like CAT does. However, you don't see CAT being thrown onto Sith teams (yet?), because while her kit is powerful, it's tempered.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Wrathe wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Wrathe wrote: »
    Every 5v5 GL match came down to having GAS and/or Wat in the team.
    That was never going to change, because they were always going to be the best choice w/o creating even more power creep.

    DEF can't have purpose if everything bypasses it. They've stated a desire to expand on the strength of DEF (still coming), but how can you implement that design when so many kits will bypass it anyways either innately, or through equipment?

    Short of abandoning DEF as a stat and moving the desired improvements to a new stat that isn't so easily bypassed is a LOT more impactful than fixing a few toons that are killing your design capabilities.

    And now, every match will come down to having Maul for his repeated ramping damage that ignores defense. When the novelty of Maul fades and the money from the new and "improved" conquest stops rolling in, they will suddenly realize that true damage invalidates defense and needs a nerf, then proceed with adding something else that fills the same role. Rinse and repeat as long as there are people willing to pay for the new thing.

    True Damage isn't new. It's been massively undervalued because bypassing DEF AND Critting was always going to be the better choice.

    Maul will have his niche teams, like CAT does. However, you don't see CAT being thrown onto Sith teams (yet?), because while her kit is powerful, it's tempered.

    True damage isn't new, but Maul's ramping gets bigger multiplier than any crit can dream of. And it depends more on what is against him that what is with him, I wouldn't be surprised to see him used in any team against JMK, no matter what the rest will be. And with the frenzy, it won't be that hard to get the rampage going from 5 stacks even without opposing Kenobi, using a GL and Wat means that the enemy will get at most one turn from their GL before he starts.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him used in any team against JMK, no matter what the rest will be.
    I have no idea how badly it could impact game balance, but it seems quite fun that every Maul out there, unrelated to the team he’s plugged in, would seek a kenobi to smash. Go get him, boy !
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him used in any team against JMK, no matter what the rest will be.
    I have no idea how badly it could impact game balance, but it seems quite fun that every Maul out there, unrelated to the team he’s plugged in, would seek a kenobi to smash. Go get him, boy !

    Gotta admit, it does sound funny if you put it that way. Plus it's pretty accurate lore-wise, he was willing to team up with pretty much anyone just to get a swing at Kenobi. How it turned out when he finally got his wish is another story, though...
Sign In or Register to comment.