Gear Data Collection

I asked Kyno this in another thread, and he basically avoided the question. Can someone give me an answer?
How long does it TAKE? There have been what, six or seven conquests counting the one canceled because JKL broke? Are my numbers off? And GCs have been around for longer. You’ve used this same excuse for a while.
Alright. Now with the rant out of the way, I guess what I’m asking is, what data are they collecting and how are they collecting it? Are they comparing gear gained before and after the systems’ implementation? Are they polling people? How are they collecting it? Are they looking at raw code? Are they factoring in Daily Challenges, for example? What’s the protection against bad or wrong numbers? What percentage of the way through the analysis are they?
TLDR(but please read the whole thing): Can you walk us through the “data collection” process?

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Who would know other than CG and Kyno (maybe Ultra)?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AhnaldisGOAT
    561 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    Who would know other than CG and Kyno (maybe Ultra)?
    I’m making this in the hopes that I get an answer.
    And because this topic deserves its own thread.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You are not going to get an answer, this would fall in the normal line of "commitment" that they usually avoid, because things happen.

So no there is no timeline that will be expressed.

Yes they are looking at data from their end, I imagine it accounts for all sources.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    You are not going to get an answer, this would fall in the normal line of "commitment" that they usually avoid, because things happen.

So no there is no timeline that will be expressed.

Yes they are looking at data from their end, I imagine it accounts for all sources.

Kyno, the timeline request was ONE THING. You’re avoiding the question again. I ask again. Can you walk us through the data collection process?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They will not discuss the process, other than the understanding they are looking at the pace, and if they feel it needs to be adjusted.