Sniping near payout

MasterSeedy
4995 posts Member
edited July 2021
I got so frustrated with people attacking me in Squad Arena during my payout window while their payout windows were still 12 hours away that I ...

...wait for it...

...actually put my payout times IN MY NAME.

Still got hit in the last hour both yesterday & today.

Seriously, people, is it so hard to just wait until the last couple hours before your payout to fight your arena battles? Really?

I know that the odds that anyone hitting me is reading this is tiny, especially since whenever it happens it always seems to be someone in eastern Europe who speaks a language with very little in common with English, but I had to vent.

Gah.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    giphy.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Some people like to watch the world burn… I just swapped places from 8th to 4th EIGHT times in the 2 hours leading up to my ship payout (and burned a time refresh to lock myself into the battle for 1st six minutes before payout) tonight.

Our shard co-public enemy #1 (there are 2 of them that conservatively spend an average of 600-700 crystals a day in time and battle refreshes, both have been in the shard chat before and removed themselves) paid out 6 hours ago.
  • @LordDirt

You obviously didn't read what I wrote.

The problem isn't my ability to win battles. My being good or not doesn't enter into it. Even if I was fighting for 999th place and someone sniped me, the (hypothetical) fact (in this hypothetical scenario) that I'm terrible at squad arena doesn't make it okay for someone with 12 hours to their own payout to knock me back down to 1040th.

The problem is people attacking me during my payout time when it's 12 hours away from their own. The offense always has the advantage, you know this. My teams can be good and still be beatable.

This is solely about people who don't respect others. End of story.
  • Thanks for the supportive comments, TheJEFF and feralicious.

I have DM'd others. I think I've also DM'd the person who hit me today, but not recently. Sometimes they refrain from hitting me for a few months, but then they're back at it again. That's why I put my PO times in my name. I get it that people can't remember everyone's PO. I think the answer is simple: don't attack until it's time for your climb to your payout, which is at MOST 3 hours before PO for people that fall really far overnight on active shards.

But if you have to practice or whatever, I think it's wrong, but okay, if you have to practice, the least you could do is respect the times of someone who puts their payout in their name.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.
  • It's Player VERSUS Player
    There's no rule that says someone can't attack you just because it's near your payout
    If anything, it's proper competitive behavior to hit you at or just before your payout
    Now you have fewer crystals to grow your roster and oppose me in the future
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    giphy.gif

So you never lose on D? Interesting.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    It's Player VERSUS Player
    There's no rule that says someone can't attack you just because it's near your payout
    If anything, it's proper competitive behavior to hit you at or just before your payout
    Now you have fewer crystals to grow your roster and oppose me in the future

And CG just laughs and laughs and laughs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This is one of the reasons I’m so pleased with what the JMK/CAT arrival has done in arena.

Once you fall below 20 in my shard you enter bandit country, a lawless, desolate wasteland where people hit battles at any and all times of the day.

The RPS meta meant that some of these jokers had begun to reach high teens and even top 10 - sometimes with 22 hours until their next payout.

These players are now reduced to feeding off scraps as they don’t have either the toons or the mods to deal with the latest meta team.

And as for @Solus_Imperius , I have no problem with people hitting arena battles whenever they like - unless it messes with my crystal payout. And these players depriving others of their crystal payout might make some sense if they showed any interest whatsoever in their own payout, which in my shard they don’t.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

So you never lose on D? Interesting.

All day everyday. My fleet arena doesnt let me in so I just fight them everyday. No reason this guy cant either.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I hope I’m doing this to you. I literally hit arena whenever it’s convenient. Sometimes middle of the night, morning, lunch, or 5 mins before payout. I don’t really care
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Actually, on our shard discord server, we have a competition running to reward players, who hit "intruders" (meaning players, who did not join the shard) whenever they got the chance.

So if you are not part of your arena shard community, chances are high people are motivated to hunt you down because they want to clean up the top 50 spots for "intruders".

So, if you can't beat them, better join them.
  • I don’t see the point, who would know everyone PO times. Are Really care, it’s PVP, would they throw a race in a competition so you could get first place. the point of arena is to dominate period. Not be a charity so everyone gets a trophy. Which watch the ranking and you will see the same people staying there.

• I got so frustrated with people attacking me in Squad Arena during my payout window while their payout windows were still 12 hours away that I ...

...wait for it...

...actually put my payout times IN MY NAME.

Still got hit in the last hour both yesterday & today.

Seriously, people, is it so hard to just wait until the last couple hours before your payout to fight your arena battles? Really?

I know that the odds that anyone hitting me is reading this is tiny, especially since whenever it happens it always seems to be someone in eastern Europe who speaks a language with very little in common with English, but I had to vent.

Gah.

I would give this downwote if I could. Not nice to generalize it on Eastern Europe people, this has nothing to do with your point.
  • @Baibars
    I would give this downwote if I could. Not nice to generalize it on Eastern Europe people, this has nothing to do with your point

For the record, I did not generalize about eastern Europeans. Every single person who engaged in the sniping I was talking about had their payout set for evening in eastern Europe. I attempted to contact every single one. ALL of the ones that contacted me were people who mentioned speaking a non-English language as their native language. When I asked where they were in the world, all of the people who responded confirmed that they were located in Russia or elsewhere in eastern Europe.

I did not generalize. I talked to people. I looked up their payout times (to make sure they weren't attacking me because we had payouts close to each other). I was careful to say here "It always seems to be" because some people didn't talk to me and they could have been in the middle east or Africa or just set their payout for a time that wasn't in their evening. But I did not generalize, and I wasn't looking to blame eastern Europeans: I have actual facts, confirmed with the actual snipers, that I was being sniped either entirely by eastern Europeans or at the bare minimum by several eastern European players and a couple of players who seem to eastern Europeans based on their payout times, which were the same as other snipers.

Also, please note that there's a difference between "almost all of the people sniping me are from eastern Europe" and "all eastern Europeans are people who snipe others".
  • I sometimes attack without being close to my payout if I feel there's a chance that I won't be able to play at the time of PO (I don't have a fixed rutine so there's no way I find an hour of PO that I will always be able to climb). That being said, I try to at least never attack with less than 30 minutes for any PO. For me, if you didn't pay atention in the last 30 minutes before PO, you don't have a chance to complain.