11 hrs less time with gal chase?

Prev1
Winterwolves
1717 posts Member
edited August 2021
I'm in New Zealand, and it's 11am 5th August here when the update has dropped. Now the chase is on, but we've missed out on almost half a day of the chase here.

I worked out, assuming the 2% per energy drop rate that I get just enough RC shards over 5 days to get to 7 stars, if I do the 3 50 crystal energy refreshes. But I don't get it for 5 days. Only 4 1/2 it seems.

So 7* RC cost more depending on your time zone. Thanks CG.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm in New Zealand, and it's 11am 5th August here when the update has dropped. Now the chase is on, but we've missed out on almost half a day of the chase here.

I worked out, assuming the 2% per energy drop rate that I get just enough RC shards over 5 days to get to 7 stars, if I do the 3 50 crystal energy refreshes. But I don't get it for 5 days. Only 4 1/2 it seems.

It's six whole days, so you're on five and a half, not four and a half.
    l4a1l1r2ljo7.png

We've just been doing the maths, and at 2% per energy and three refreshes a day, plus free energy you should get ~12 per day, or 72 by the end of the event.
  • Roger. My bad. It's 6 days.

Is it on right now for everyone? I still think I've missed 11 hours by them putting this start day on the same day as the update.
  • giw3x804vt9m.jpg

There you go. Yes less time for anyone ahead of gmt.
  • Plus the news didn't drop for me until 0630, with work time I had already done my morning stuff and used all my energy refreshes for the day.

But it being six days means it should be fine. I still think it is poor communication to an international community.
  • Plus the news didn't drop for me until 0630, with work time I had already done my morning stuff and used all my energy refreshes for the day.

But it being six days means it should be fine. I still think it is poor communication to an international community.

And not for the first time…
  • Yep, I'm in Australia. I don't see it yet either.

Sadly, we're second class citizens down here.

The bigger problem is that they have not adjusted the exchange rate and we pay about 20% more in USD for crystals than those in the US.

Given they are not shipping them, 20% premium is ridiculous

The bigger problem is that they have not adjusted the exchange rate and we pay about 20% more in USD for crystals than those in the US.

Exchange rate isn’t set by CG, so that’s not their fault. International timings / communication is, though.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Plus the news didn't drop for me until 0630, with work time I had already done my morning stuff and used all my energy refreshes for the day.

And not for the first time…

KindheartedZanyAvocet-size_restricted.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Shadow1989
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Im from Singapore. I did 800fleet energy before i sleep. When i wake up there is this update. Would be nice to have less of this ninja update in the future. At least give one day headsup
  • I have spent about 15k usd and i am also paying a premium of 6%.

Googleplay point is not available in my country, i have more to lose out…

Oh well, Americans have more advantage…
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    Im from Singapore. I did 800fleet energy before i sleep. When i wake up there is this update. Would be nice to have less of this ninja update in the future. At least give one day headsup

I think this is a legitimate complaint and feedback, and hope in the future we have at least 24 hour notice about Galactic Chases to accommodate all timezones
  • This is a dead horse that those of us who live on the other side of the world have continued to kick, and have continued to be ignored on.

Resource management is what this game is about. So having advanced warning to plan accordingly is all that we are asking for.

@CG_SBCrumb_MINI , @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI , @CG_TopHat

If one of you could address how this isn't something you have considered for your player base on the other side of the world it would be appreciated.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Have you thought about moving?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

Exchange rate isn’t set by CG, so that’s not their fault. International timings / communication is, though.

Who fixes the exchange rate? Google wouldn't. They would let it float as it can be updated real time

Who fixes the exchange rate? Google wouldn't. They would let it float as it can be updated real time

CG/EA sets the price in dollars. Apple and Google set the international prices.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Have you thought about moving?

I've got some real nice ocean front property in lovely Arizona that I'm willing to part with.

Google and Apple don’t let it float though. They only review and update periodically. You can read through the Apple Developer news and updates and see different tax and price change posts, like this one from August 3rd.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=o0uodgu7
  • I only got 2 shards so far on 14 attempts on a normal node (since I was farming some gear) also got 0 of what I was farming, which was a kicker, but since it's scaled I'm probably screwing myself. I'll see what happens over the rest of the GC (oh look another thing with the same abbreviation, I mean Galactic Chase this time, not Galactic Challenge or Galactic Conquest @Kyno :p ). After the Chase is over, do you have a plan for where RC shards will go?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I only got 2 shards so far on 14 attempts on a normal node (since I was farming some gear) also got 0 of what I was farming, which was a kicker, but since it's scaled I'm probably screwing myself. I'll see what happens over the rest of the GC (oh look another thing with the same abbreviation, I mean Galactic Chase this time, not Galactic Challenge or Galactic Conquest Kyno :p ). After the Chase is over, do you have a plan for where RC shards will go?

We were told that, they may try to avoid Galactic in future naming conventions.

The RC path has been laid out here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021#latest

Any information about future plans will come in later posts.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I only got 2 shards so far on 14 attempts on a normal node (since I was farming some gear) also got 0 of what I was farming, which was a kicker, but since it's scaled I'm probably screwing myself. I'll see what happens over the rest of the GC (oh look another thing with the same abbreviation, I mean Galactic Chase this time, not Galactic Challenge or Galactic Conquest @Kyno :p ). After the Chase is over, do you have a plan for where RC shards will go?

That is better than I did. 3 blueprints on 38 attempts and less of the gear I was looking for than usual. I hope that it does average out to the 2% figure stated above rather than the less than 1% I am getting.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I only got 2 shards so far on 14 attempts on a normal node (since I was farming some gear) also got 0 of what I was farming, which was a kicker, but since it's scaled I'm probably screwing myself. I'll see what happens over the rest of the GC (oh look another thing with the same abbreviation, I mean Galactic Chase this time, not Galactic Challenge or Galactic Conquest Kyno :p ). After the Chase is over, do you have a plan for where RC shards will go?

We were told that, they may try to avoid Galactic in future naming conventions.

The RC path has been laid out here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021#latest

Any information about future plans will come in later posts.

Yeah I was mostly busting chops from a past discussion we had :p

• I already hit 13 shards for the day just with bonus and 3 refresh, so hitting the 2% ratio
  • I'll bring this up to the devs.
  • Now at 7 from 540 energy, so slightly above 1% now. And even if I continue with that rate over the next 5 days I should finish it up
  • 1829 spent so far to get 31 shards. = 1.7%
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    It's a pretty big difference, and NA time zones were able to buy and hoard fleet energy from the previous day going into the event due to the late announcement.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Why are people posting drop rates in this thread
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    dgree wrote: »
    It's a pretty big difference, and NA time zones were able to buy and hoard fleet energy from the previous day going into the event due to the late announcement.

I wasn't either in the US because it was "spend energy" guild activity day so I already did mine.

• Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Why are people posting drop rates in this thread

I assume because they are backing up:
    I worked out, assuming the 2% per energy drop

If drop rates are different then the timing will be affected too...

How about a thread where TVF doesn't try and police others conversation?