7 Star Yoda Event

Prev1
What is the point of having rules and game mechanics that players are required to follow yet Yoda and his Jedi break all of the rules? I'm so close to breaking my phone out of frustration. Yoda either one shots my character then takes 3 more turns then his guards get to take extra turns. Why did Plo Kloon get to take 2 turns in a row when I hadn't even attacked him? Before anyone asks I haven't used any specia abilities that could be resisted.

Replies

• The_Jam
    141 posts Member
    Yoda is what's commonly known as a pr1ck I recorded over 700 attempts until the goblin fell at 7 stars. As he says before every battle only the serious mind will succeed it's nuts!
  • I just came so close he had one little red speck left and then he went on a rampage seven attacks in a row and I lost, truly a lvl of anger and frustration I don't think I have ever experienced ( and that was attemp 301)
  • Pikot
    65 posts Member
    I used trick with Barriss lowering his hp, killed him in 20-30 attempts.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    It would be so much easier if Ugnaught were a Jedi.
  • So I am trying different leaders and using my maxed out qui gon. Yoda took 3 turns before any of my guys got to go. His first special attack didn't kill lumi with 10k damage so he took an extra auto attack and killed her. And to rub it in my face he decided to give his allies tenacity.
  • The closest I got was by killing him and being left with my luminara only while facing obi and a guardian Jedi
  • The rest of my attempts have been a complete joke
  • Pikot wrote: »
    I used trick with Barriss lowering his hp, killed him in 20-30 attempts.

Ive been trying this but I seem to get closer if I just fun for Yoda

• Also try vs non healers partners and focus on Yoda only.
    What's your team?
  • Lumi, qui gon, jc, Eeth, Ashoka
  • Revenant wrote: »
    What is the point of having rules and game mechanics that players are required to follow yet Yoda and his Jedi break all of the rules? I'm so close to breaking my phone out of frustration. Yoda either one shots my character then takes 3 more turns then his guards get to take extra turns. Why did Plo Kloon get to take 2 turns in a row when I hadn't even attacked him? Before anyone asks I haven't used any specia abilities that could be resisted.

I feel you like no other. And worst is I have Anikan. So as soon as he steals the offense up its over. I've never gotten close and I've been basically doing it nonstop for two days.
  • What about not using abilities?
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Tacitus wrote: »
    Revenant wrote: »

I feel you like no other. And worst is I have Anikan. So as soon as he steals the offense up its over. I've never gotten close and I've been basically doing it nonstop for two days.

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat and being lvl 71 didn't increase my odds.
  • He gets an eyeball in between each attack, it makes him basically invincible.
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    It's a Jedi challenge, train and patience my young padawan....
  • LT24
    4 posts Member
    I used bariss(leader), lumi, JC, Jedi knight guardian, and Mace. I fought plo, bariss, and yoda. Attacked bariss first to get her health down then she used her ability and it brought plo and yoda hp down. I kept attacking bariss until her health had one bar and then started attacking plo to bring down his health and kill him. Managed to kill plo and then started on yoda. Bariss used her ability again and got yodas hp down to 1/4 left and focused on killing yoda and then took out bariss last.
  • Tacitus wrote: »
    What about not using abilities?

Are people not using their abilities? Does this help to just use the basic attack?
  • Olfbald
    106 posts Member
    Beat it with Lumi, Eeth, JC, Ahsoka and Qui-Gon. Only used basics. Beat him when he had help from Ahsoka and Jedi Knight Guardian. Took maybe 30 tries. NEVER use specials that can be resisted. Qui-Gon assist is OK to use, Ahsoka's special is OK to use.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Took 3 times for me. He had jedi guardian and bariss with him so lucked out there. Just grinded the guards and healed a lot. They had quite the hard on for mace so was really focused on him until he fell. My team was Lumi, Tano, Mace, Bariss, JC.
  • Revenant
    255 posts Member
    I just don't know what to do at this point I don't even get close except for one time then he just kills 4 guys in a row.
  • McPot45
    133 posts Member
    Beat it this morning on my 3rd try, first i tried to auto battle with QGJ lead no luck, then i tried manual battle with QGJ lead still no luck. Then i did manual battle with Barriss lead and it was all too easy. It was Yoda, QGJ, and Old Ben, my team was Barriss, QGJ, JC, Lumi, and Ahsoka. Just killed Yoda first and then auto the rest.
  • Revenant
    255 posts Member
    I just got him to 30% and he proceeded to kill all 5 of my guys when they were full health without me getting a single turn in between. This change to luminara is so unfair because now he tries to steal her health per turn buff after she heals
  • Revenant
    255 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    What ticks me off is that there's no reason why he gets 3 turns in a row vs 1. He just attack my guy 3 times because he feels he didn't do enough damage the first two
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • I just beat mine without using the barris trick. I used Lumi, JC, QGJ, Eeth Koth, and Barris as my leader. It took me a 3 times to beat it. I didnt use the Barris trick. He had JC and Lumi. I didnt pay any attention to Yoda, i took out JC first then Lumi then was able to concentrate on Yoda. I dont think i could of done it without having a Barris lead, or without QGJ. That assist move is invaluable as Yoda always dodges the first move. With QGJ assist move, you can always get at least 1 hit on him. I also suggest spacing out your healing.

That's what i did and beat him in 3 attempts. Good luck
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Also, try in the bathroom.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I beat it with bariss, ek, asoka, jc, and lumi in lead. Took 50-60 tries and really came down to a series of lucky dodge/evades. Also used bariss trick to lower his hp. Seems like he gets 3 extra attacks when he defeats anyone and is impossible to kill with less than 3 surviving members in your squad, prob more like 4 surviving members. Also took opportunities to smack yoda on the 1 in 10 turns he wasn't buffed
  • Revenant
    255 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I've gotten him to about 5 percent several times then he kills all 5 members of my team. Bout to give up on this bull
  • Finally got my 7* Yoda after 50-60 tries. Used the Barriss tactic, which was very effective, but also got lucky as Mace exposed Yoda at just the right moment - the only time Expose has registered on Yoda in all my attempts. My team was Lumi lead, with QGJ, JC, Ahsoka, and Mace. Only wish my Yoda was as powerful as the one I had to beat!
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Took him out tonight...he had EK and JC. I focused him down then cleaned up the help.

my team was:
    Barris (L)
    QGJ
    JC
    Lumi
    Mace
  • Tanavar
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I laid down a post in another thread about how I would never do it waa waa waa.

Finally toppled the little green **** with a fairly crap tier team of Barriss (L), Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, Mace.

Fought Yoda with Plo Koon and JG adds, focused on Yoda first. It requires a little luck, but you will get there, especially f you were smarty unlike me and get JC leveled as one of your five.