Not sure who to focus on..

Hello,
Im a relatively new player of several months and I'm worried about making the wrong next move. Ive recently unlocked Padme, CLS and Palpatine and I'm very close to Jedi Revan (just need to 7* Jolee). Right now my Geo's and Jedi carry me through everything. I have enough mats to Zeta someone but dont know which of those 4 I should use my resources on (assume I have JRevan now) or another hero altogether. Suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!

https://swgoh.gg/p/182573246/

I now realize how important mods are and am slowly working on those with what little credits I have. I typically swap 5-6 characters mods around when I need to clear an event or something specific.

Replies

• Jkane
    220 posts Member
    First of all, I strongly recommend you pick ONE team and complete it. At the moment you have parts of 4 solid teams: Padme, Empire, JKR and CLS. It's generally better to stick with one team until it's "complete". Note that the definition of complete will change as time goes by. At your current level, all G12 with all needed zetas would qualify for any of the teams mentioned.

Of those, I would recommend doing whatever you need to do to your geos to get that 7th star for Padme. You don't really need Alpha's lead zeta; it's not awful, but it's not "must have" either. Having said that, applying that zeta and gearing the bugs to G12 would get them to the point where, properly modded, they could complete the Wat mission in DS geo. This could help you get into a solid guild.

After that, getting Padme and Co. to G12 with zetas would be my next step. Both of Padme's and Ahsoka's are quite useful. Ani's is less so, but you'll want it anyhow. Until you unlock General Kenobi, I'd go with GMY and R2 for the rest of the squad. GK and 3PO are better, but will take time. CAT is also great, but will likely take even longer. ALL of those toon's zetas, (except for GMY's lead: avoid that one), are valuable, whether in a Padme squad or elsewhere. GMY will end up with JKR eventually and R2 will likely end up somewhere else, but for now, they'll do.

JKR and Empire are also valid choices. JKR needs all 3 of his zetas and the squad needs Jolee's and GMY's as well. The squad's fifth is likely to change over time. I use HODA with both of his zetas.

The Empire squad needs zetas on Palpatine's lead and Vader's other unique. Thrawn's is serviceable, but not required. If you go Empire in the near future, you'll likely use Tarkin, (no zetas required) and someone aside from Stormtrooper as fifth, (though he will serve in the interim). Piett is an excellent choice for the long term; TFP for the short term as he helps your fleet for Tarkin's zeta challenge.

CLS is a great squad, but you'll need Raid Han, Chewie, Chewpio and either 3PO, R2 or, at the very least, Old Ben. Lots of zetas required there and you have a long way to go to acquire the legendaries needed.

I don't know what your guild situation is. If your not getting regular Han and GK shards from guild raids, find a better guild.

Hope this helps to start.

Ally Code = 779-152-724
  • This helps tremendously, thank you!
    I had a feeling I was spreading things around a bit too much and need to focus on one thing at a time. I appreciate you taking the time to help.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    You're welcome. There's one other thing that might help you, though you may have already handled it. It is regarding fleet. Your rank shows that you're doing well in the arena, though I think you might be better served for now dropping the Phoenix ships and adding in the other geos. They are definitely worth getting to 7 stars. Sun Fac will take a bit of time, but it's worth it.

My question is, have you passed the daily fleet challenge that awards zeta materials? It's been too long for me to remember what star level is required is why I ask. If not, it would definitely be worth your time to arrange to 3 star it. This would guarantee you a minimum of 24 zeta materials per month, regardless of what you acquire from any other source. If you have any questions about this, let me know. If you've already dealt with this, forgive me. Like I said, it's been a while:)

Any other questions, just ask.

• Generally agree with what @Jkane said.

I would say first priority is getting all 5 Geos to "Wat readiness" which is 16.5k gp minimium on each, meaning g11-12. This will help you get into a better guild doing DS Geo TB if you can get a Wat shard each month.

2nd, you should decide between going either the Padme path, or JKR and then into DR / Malak.

1. If you go Padme, then for fleet you should start focusing on GR ships (Eta2, Umbarran, Ahsoka SF, BTL Ywing, Rex, HT) as you will be gearing those pilots anyway. You would then save your GET2 currency to buy the Negotiator when you can. Padme team is very solid in Squad Arena, and that fleet is currently one of the top 2 meta fleets, though requires high gear investment.

2. If you go JKR, then you will follow that by getting DR and Malak (using your GET1 currency, so don't spend it). If you do this, then for fleet you should focus on Geos under Tarkin and also farm HT/ Bossk, Vulture Droid and Hyena Bomber. THis will lead to Malevolence (the other meta fleet). You will want to buy Grievous shards from the fleet store every time you see them. This is a great fleet and requires much less gear investment than GR (only need g12 geos really). Also DR/Malak is better in squad arena than Padm, though will take you longer to get.

• Hi

I don’t want to hijack this thread but I also didn’t want to make a new post because this advise helps me. I’ve been pretty casual with the game but realize I’d like to get more serious. I have been just gearing as I go through each of the journeys. I definitely am stuck in the arenas but I don’t mind for now but would like better rewards. I’m going for
    Generally agree with what @Jkane said.

I would say first priority is getting all 5 Geos to "Wat readiness" which is 16.5k gp minimium on each, meaning g11-12. This will help you get into a better guild doing DS Geo TB if you can get a Wat shard each month.

2. If you go JKR, then you will follow that by getting DR and Malak (using your GET1 currency, so don't spend it). If you do this, then for fleet you should focus on Geos under Tarkin and also farm HT/ Bossk, Vulture Droid and Hyena Bomber. THis will lead to Malevolence (the other meta fleet). You will want to buy Grievous shards from the fleet store every time you see them. This is a great fleet and requires much less gear investment than GR (only need g12 geos really). Also DR/Malak is better in squad arena than Padm, though will take you longer to get.

I’m sure I’ve been throwing away good gear on worthless toons. I don’t want to do that anymore. I’m just barely getting into the mechanics and the gearing and moding. Can you let me know if this is advise is also good for my current state?

Here is my code https://swgoh.gg/p/516958955/
  • Arvokio wrote: »
    Hi

I don’t want to hijack this thread but I also didn’t want to make a new post because this advise helps me. I’ve been pretty casual with the game but realize I’d like to get more serious. I have been just gearing as I go through each of the journeys. I definitely am stuck in the arenas but I don’t mind for now but would like better rewards. I’m going for

I’m sure I’ve been throwing away good gear on worthless toons. I don’t want to do that anymore. I’m just barely getting into the mechanics and the gearing and moding. Can you let me know if this is advise is also good for my current state?

Here is my code https://swgoh.gg/p/516958955/

Hello there.

You can definitely follow the advice given, and since you already have JKR and at relics, I would aim to go for DR & Malak after, meaning you need to save all your GET1 if you haven't already been doing so.

For fleet, seems you are just using the ships with the most "power" but not really any synergy, so I would aim to change to the Geo fleet (you'll want to finish them to 7* before using), and then add HT (probably need to refresh the node once per day to speed up the farm), and add Vulture Droid into the farm to get it to 7* as well. You can run this fleet under either Tarkin (more firepower) or Ackbar (more sustainability) until you are able to get the Malevolence using GET2 currency (again, save all this currency if you haven't been).

Since you will be going for the Geo fleet, you also need to focus on getting your Geos to g12, which will make them better pilots as well as be "Wat ready" for DS Geo TB to start getting Wat shards. That means 16.5k gp each min, but basically is g12 especially if used as pilots.

Odds & Ends
    • Bossk you should aim to get to g12, which will make him stronger as the HT pilot, and also a great tank in your BH squad
    • Your BH are all decent, so you can probably attempt to unlock Chewbacca (use Bossk, Boba, Jango, Mando, Dengar), can try with IG88 instead of Dengar, but Dengar is key in that battle to prevent R2's stealth
    • You already have a 7* Jedi Training Rey (JTR), you should gear her and that will give you another decent GAC team with resistance, she's a great character
    • In general, pick your project and don't use gear unless it's for that (or a mini-project like fleet pilots), and for me I don't normally equip the gear just because the green plus sign appears, but wait until you can apply the whole gear level. As you are going along, you may notice your priority changes, and you don't want to have already equipped a difficult piece of gear to obtain (like mk5 stun guns) and find out your actually needed it elsewhere

If you do go for DR, then your energy should be spent on farming the needed Old Republic toons, plus Hounds Tooth & Vulture droid, and the rest towards gear for those guys I would say. Once you are close to finishing y our DR team (and that means to the gear levels you want them, aka g13), then you can start to farm for your next project.
  • Thanks really appreciate the advise.