Kit Reveal: Executor

124Next

Replies

• Korban wrote: »
    Korban wrote: »
    Ultimate ability says 20 cooldown. Does that mean you have to wait 20 turns for it to activate.
    The cooldown is reduced by 1 each time breach is applied, as listed in the kit description.

Final ability came out at 30(!) cooldown (instead of 20, like previewed). There is no chance you can get to use it in battle, even with the maxed up ability and Breach mechanics.

All in all, the 7*, hyped up Meta ship turned out to be a let down.
    sitcfea6ttwz.jpeg

The cooldown on mine is 23, as I didn’t refresh the event at all so can’t yet upgrade this ability. I have used the ability dozens of times in fleet arena battles.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultimate ability says 20 cooldown. Does that mean you have to wait 20 turns for it to activate.
    The cooldown is reduced by 1 each time breach is applied, as listed in the kit description.

Final ability came out at 30(!) cooldown (instead of 20, like previewed). There is no chance you can get to use it in battle, even with the maxed up ability and Breach mechanics.

Do you have it unlocked?

Yes, 7*
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    On the page 1 of this thread, the preview says:
    Ultimate: SOMETHING SPECIAL PLANNED (Cooldown 20)

So what am I missing? Did the devs mean the fully upgraded ability in the preview‽

And if so, how have you used it "dozens of time" in fleet arena, if say the battle last 5 turns, that means you have to breach enemy ships 15 times. (Okay, even at 10 / 10) I don't see how it's possible? How do you breach so many times? Is there some tactic I don't know about?
    Post edited by Korban on
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

The cooldown on mine is 23, as I didn’t refresh the event at all so can’t yet upgrade this ability. I have used the ability dozens of times in fleet arena battles.

jodvm8hcwo4a.jpg

Ok, please explain what am I missing here. This is a 7* Executor. The ability is currently lvl 4 and cooldown is listed as 26. If you add the already downgraded cds (-2, -2) that means that fresh out this Flagship came out with 30 turn CD.

So what am I missing? Did the devs mean the fully upgraded ability in the preview?

Yes, they always show fully maxed abilities (for example the final zeta ability state on characters).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

jodvm8hcwo4a.jpg

Ok, please explain what am I missing here. This is a 7* Executor. The ability is currently lvl 4 and cooldown is listed as 26. If you add the already downgraded cds (-2, -2) that means that fresh out this Flagship came out with 30 turn CD.

So what am I missing? Did the devs mean the fully upgraded ability in the preview‽ (questionable tactic to use to "sell" players the "Ultimate ship")

And if so, how have you used it "dozens of time" in fleet arena, if say the battle last 5 turns, that means you have to breach enemy ships 15 times. (Okay, even at 10 / 10) I don't see how it's possible? How do you breach so many times? Is there some tactic I don't know about?
    This is a lot to process.

Of course they advertise the fully upgraded cooldown of an ability. They’ve done that for every character and ship since the dawn of the game.

My arena battles are not lasting 5 turns. They are lasting much much longer. You should have a read of kits like IG2000, HT, Xanadu Blood, Razor Crest… all of these ships can apply breach.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    edited August 2021

Of course they advertise the fully upgraded cooldown of an ability. They’ve done that for every character and ship since the dawn of the game.

My arena battles are not lasting 5 turns. They are lasting much much longer. You should have a read of kits like IG2000, HT, Xanadu Blood, Razor Crest… all of these ships can apply breach.

Thank you for the answer. Obviously I have all the BH fighters mostly maxed out, (except for some Zetas missing on pilots).

Does a "Breach" count on every separate enemy ship, or can you "chain Breach" the same one over and over (say a Tank) and it would still count towards Ultimate Ability CD?

Thank you for the answer. Obviously I have all the BH fighters mostly maxed out, (except for some Zetas missing on pilots).

Does a "Breach" count on every separate enemy ship, or can you "chain Breach" the same one over and over (say a Tank) and it would still count towards Ultimate Ability CD?

Yes - I think this is maybe what you've misunderstood. If an enemy ship has breach, it will still reduce the cooldown if you use a move that applies breach again.

Yes - I think this is maybe what you've misunderstood. If an enemy ship has breach, it will still reduce the cooldown if you use a move that applies breach again.

It will reapply the debuff of course - however if you start with basic of your capital its anyhow a bad move as it wont apply the tl for executor permanent breach/TL (you need 20 TLs - i.e. basic attacks). The turnorder is what makes the 7s version so bad. Nothing will change this, with exception of stripping mods of Piett + r8 zIG
  • Dagobond wrote: »
    Finally something that stops those lame Malevolence fleets from waltzing through much more worked on ship rosters!

So glad to see the touch up on Slave I as well! Awesome work CG!

Oof. This one didn't age well

(And I'm on your side Malevolence requires too little to be so good)
  • GJ @devs for the update on Executor and especially the 7s version *thumbs up*
  • the update of the EXE is perfect. only the exe can win against the exe. that's exactly what the game was missing. it's really fun to keep playing this game.
  • Executor is certainly beatable. However it is difficult and Malo/H1 doesnt shred through the newest ships like butter anymore. Games move on - get the Executor by yourself maybe would be a good solution.
  • The major issue with executor is that she’ll be alone at the top imo. Mal and neg shared the spotlight, just like rey/kylo then jml/see did. It was actually more enjoyable than a single team meta imo. It was limited variety, but still better than mirror all day, every day; especially if it’s a meta as long as mal/neg was.
  • Soon will come a rebel GL ship - i am sure about it.
  • After watching multiple counter videos i must admit your dev team has done zero work on the KI. No one can explain why to attack a tank over attackers (Nego SF lineup) or why to attack ever a fake vulture droid (and give Malo endless TM - that mechanic is also very borderline to be broken).

Whats the point to play a game if the KI is simply being plain stupid?
  • @game devs

Please explain why in heaven Landos Falcon is called as 2nd RI instead of Boba for Executor? How bad are you programming this fleet?

Landos Falcon makes sense at the very end (which never happens anymore thanks for numerous reasons), but as 2nd before Gauntlet to heal up or Boba...thats insane.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Soon will come a rebel GL ship - i am sure about it.

don't think fleet is ready for GLs
  • Ultra wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Soon will come a rebel GL ship - i am sure about it.

don't think fleet is ready for GLs

Considering GAC unless you got all GLs you will always have a big malus with Executor already i suppose the team didnt thought about the whole circumstance/MM yet

Ready or not, the Executor basically increased the square GP as a GL does. So if you got 1-4 GLs your opponent will have +1 at least and fleet area gives less GP always so you basically auto loose mathematically. They have done it already and they neither adapted MM, KI nor lineup for the GAC. Its all a kind of mezz at the moment sadly.
  • Can you guys please update your kit release to show the actual in game kit please?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can you guys please update your kit release to show the actual in game kit please?

@Winterwolves
    nprpjbdic3i5.jpg

Which parts of this are you not seeing in game and where?

I see these updates in the ship section of my roster.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Can you guys please update your kit release to show the actual in game kit please?

@Winterwolves
    nprpjbdic3i5.jpg

Which parts of this are you not seeing in game and where?

I see these updates in the ship section of my roster.

What I mean is, could the kit release post be updated to show the actual kit? Now you've got an official, pretty recent post which does not show the actual kit.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Just look in game?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH