Squad management UI needs slimming down!

Rath_Tarr
4944 posts Member
edited August 2021
This has been a problem since the squad UI revamp and it is particularly painful in 3v3.

In order to use this UI effectively for GAC I need a minimum of 26 squads for offense+defense and realistically more like 30+.

Given that I can only view 2 squads at once, I am limited to 2 moves up or down before I have to scroll.

If I want to add a new squad for my shiney new Jedi Master Kenobi and shimmy it to the top of the list therefore, I have to scroll (or page up effectively) no less than 15 times. This is unwieldy and frankly ridiculous.

These porky row layouts need to go on a diet!

ndb0fbpdhxr9.png
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• It needs a "Show Details" check box at the top, or maybe the "Show Mods" should be a drop down where you can select the view you want. One of these views would be "Summary" style view where everything but the the characters and their gear rings was visible (no Title, no Pwr, maybe not even stars). The selection should be saved on a per tab basis (I always want my GAC tab like this but maybe not my Arena tab and I don't want to have to switch it as I move through tabs)
  • Get rid of the name and power level, move the edit button down in line with the portraits. Make it so tapping a character selects the squad, and a long press is needed to view the character - that makes it so you don't need the blank space to tap to select the squad.

If people love naming so much they can't let it go, a 7 digit name could fit under the edit button.

The arrows that appear when rearranging squads can overlap one of the character portraits. Not a big deal to obstruct a single member of the team, you can tell which team it is easily enough.

Boom. 3 and bit squads will be visible.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    And every bloody battle of every bloody match it's scroll, scroll, scroll to find my pre-arranged squads.

This user interface revamp was supposed to be an improvement but in this respect it made the user experience worse. :(