Conquest cancelled for august

Prev1345
Is it confirmed that the August conquest is cancelled?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not directly confirmed but they said it would be delayed, and that they were still aiming for 3 Conquest in the same 3 month period.

So while we may not get one in August (there is still time for it to start this month), after they start the first of the 3,
    8sp0h3m7gw5h.gif
  • They're holding me up from unlocking CAT. I hope they put a pack out for her soon if they are going to hold up conquest.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Ditto CAT though I wouldn't be buying a pack. The curveball of an indefinite delay to Conquest start really threw a wrench in my plans.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • So 2 conquest in a row? 😭
  • Honestly at this point they should have just launched the last version with CAT and the RC again.
  • They're holding me up from unlocking CAT. I hope they put a pack out for her soon if they are going to hold up conquest.

It's intentional to allow the ones who got her some sort of exclusive run at the top
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Honestly at this point they should have just launched the last version with CAT and the RC again.

I dont think the delay is just so they can change the rewards.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Honestly at this point they should have just launched the last version with CAT and the RC again.

Right, they’re changing discs and bosses and maps and all that jazz. I get that I really don’t understand everything that goes into it all also. Just feels like they could do what they’re doing in the sandbox, run the old version, then make the shift once it was ready?
    I’ll point out that I am nowhere near getting CAT, I am unaffected in that regard, same with the RC. Conquest is just good fun for me. I want to play it to play it. Bummed it’s delayed.
  • Ive got both CAT & RC maxed out but this delay hurts me by not getting the last needed materials to get everyone ready for Executor event. So the the probable cost is 1 month of reduced income from fleet arena when everyone with executor will nuke me :(
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Yeah, it's also to limit R8 materials acquisition, CAT and RC/Executor unlocks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »

THB (tinfoil hat brigade) in full force.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Right, they’re changing discs and bosses and maps and all that jazz. I get that I really don’t understand everything that goes into it all also. Just feels like they could do what they’re doing in the sandbox, run the old version, then make the shift once it was ready?
    I’ll point out that I am nowhere near getting CAT, I am unaffected in that regard, same with the RC. Conquest is just good fun for me. I want to play it to play it. Bummed it’s delayed.

We all are, and I would talk about testing and feedback, and decisions that need to be made and all that jazz, but it dordnt change the fact that is less fun without that event running.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

And what else is keeping them from running the old version with only the rewards changed until the new one is ready?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

And what else is keeping them from running the old version with only the rewards changed until the new one is ready?

The release cadence they stated for Conquest characters.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

How? It's not like anyone would unlock Maul any sooner if we start getting shards now. In fact, the cadence is changed for CAT now due to the delay. Swap Maul for CAT, CAT for RC, put RC in store and leave the rest as is, no need for a delay. Except if the "tinfoil hat brigade" is right.
  • they also should do conquests without new characters to catch up with the currency, because it's almost impossible to complete conquest and buy all the shards without ending with fewer currency then you started, so one day you'll have none
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    they also should do conquests without new characters to catch up with the currency, because it's almost impossible to complete conquest and buy all the shards without ending with fewer currency then you started, so one day you'll have none

Changing the disk swap cost to energy makes it very much possible now. But I agree that getting some meaningful overhead would be nice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

How? It's not like anyone would unlock Maul any sooner if we start getting shards now. In fact, the cadence is changed for CAT now due to the delay. Swap Maul for CAT, CAT for RC, put RC in store and leave the rest as is, no need for a delay. Except if the "tinfoil hat brigade" is right.

Changes to the event part way through a character release would not be ideal, as it could effect how many players unlock Maul.

But, I'm sure you are right, it's all a nefarious plan, that is why we have CAT packs out to.....oh wait.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Changes to the event part way through a character release would not be ideal, as it could effect how many players unlock Maul.

But, I'm sure you are right, it's all a nefarious plan, that is why we have CAT packs out to.....oh wait.

As opposed to throwing the whole Conquest cadence out of whack, which is totally ideal and doesn't affect any unlocks at all?
  • We humans want to see an explanation and reason behind everything to be able to cope with randomness and meaninglessness of life. It’s easier to believe in a nefarious mastermind plan when truth is more likely due to the incompetence of man.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Sanderzas wrote: »
    they also should do conquests without new characters to catch up with the currency, because it's almost impossible to complete conquest and buy all the shards without ending with fewer currency then you started, so one day you'll have none

Changing the disk swap cost to energy makes it very much possible now. But I agree that getting some meaningful overhead would be nice.

I missed that, I didn't watch the video
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

It makes total sense from a $$$ point of view. Tell the players it’s delayed because of reason they will never be able to validate, delay gear/mat/shards acquisition until after the first run of EXE, then once the whales are milked, start the conquest…profit. Nothing tin foil hat about that. It’s the same reason the gear economy hasn’t been touched, despite intense player feedback…..money. There is no denying that.
  • Sanderzas wrote: »

Then for one character of your choosing you’ll unlock it in 4 months instead of 3. You could also do that every time to net extra gear. Strategic decisions are fun.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

As opposed to throwing the whole Conquest cadence out of whack, which is totally ideal and doesn't affect any unlocks at all?

As I said, you convinced me, nefarious plan and all that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

It makes total sense from a $$$ point of view. Tell the players it’s delayed because of reason they will never be able to validate, delay gear/mat/shards acquisition until after the first run of EXE, then once the whales are milked, start the conquest…profit. Nothing tin foil hat about that. It’s the same reason the gear economy hasn’t been touched, despite intense player feedback…..money. There is no denying that.

There are a group that can validate that they are doing testing and working out final details due to feedback, but yes, of course, it's all a nefarious plan, total nailed it on the head.
  • Nauros wrote: »

They stated clearly in the infamous RA that the conquest will be delayed, but that we will have about 3 conquests in 3(ish) months; sure it’s not ideal, and I guess other solutions were considered. Usually they avoid making such time related promise (probably because stuff happens and they don’t want to not deliver if they establish a deadline), so it’s a progress in communication imo. Maybe we can cut them some slack on this one, they most likely do their best to respect what was announced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ^^^

They say nothing, people accuse and speculate.

They honestly tell us what's going on, even though they run a risk of it not working out, people accuse and speculate.

Each time this happened it makes me wonder less and less why they dont want to state things, all the time. It changes nothing.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited August 2021

WKD (white knight defense) in full force as well I see.

Except Galactic Chase wasn't part of the announced cadence. (I'm not saying it was bad - just that they already changed it.)
    n8l2r0jedqwt.png
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

There are a group that can validate that they are doing testing and working out final details due to feedback, but yes, of course, it's all a nefarious plan, total nailed it on the head.

Except they can't validate anything because they can't comment about anything testing related.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    It was stated that Conquest will be delayed. I know I wish there was a solution where we don’t have this delay with the somewhat predictable 3 month event cadence becoming established…BUT I am thankful that they told us. I’ll take an announcement over silence even if it is “bad” news.
This discussion has been closed.