Future of GAC post nerf

Jpfit262
545 posts Member
edited August 2021
This has been a trend in GAC, but with the nerfs it will go from a 10% win rate to 0%. These teams won’t be beatable by anything other than GLs.

It’s going to now come down to whether both opponents set GLs on D or set any defense at all. And if you have all 5 GLs, and place them strategically you can keep your opponents from clearing all zones.

Now let’s add Vader on D, it’s reportedly going to be unbeatable and mirror matches will be unpredictable RNG fest. So now ships will be potentially unclearable.

How are any of these changes expected to keep GAC relevant? GLs were already making things difficult, but we had the non GL counters. Now we don’t have those and it’ll come down to a numbers game. ndpkb9n8xty1.jpeg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Maybe CG dislikes GAC as much as I do
  • The full clear looks a thing of the past.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Yeah, they need to sort this, needs to be made to have the same type of GP while also having the same ammount of GLs

nah
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The full clear looks a thing of the past.

nah
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Jpfit262 wrote: »
    This has been a trend in GAC, but with the nerfs it will go from a 10% win rate to 0%. These teams won’t be beatable by anything other than GLs.

It’s going to now come down to whether both opponents set GLs on D or set any defense at all. And if you have all 5 GLs, and place them strategically you can keep your opponents from clearing all zones.

I like strategy.
  • Here's a great way to sort this. Flush 3v3 down the toilet where it belongs. Then magically there's no problem. But of course that's the rational fix so we won't be doing that.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Here's a great way to sort this. Flush 3v3 down the toilet where it belongs. Then magically there's no problem. But of course that's the rational fix so we won't be doing that.

It's rational to you because you don't like 3v3. But there's no problem so there's nothing to fix.
  • Here's a great way to sort this. Flush 3v3 down the toilet where it belongs. Then magically there's no problem. But of course that's the rational fix so we won't be doing that.
    Here's a great way to sort this. Flush all the 3v3 whiners down the toilet where they belong. Then magically there's no problem. But of course that's the rational fix so we won't be doing that. :D
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Is it though.
  • Or is that just a spurious apples to elephants comparison? Hmmm.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Here's a great way to sort this. Flush 3v3 down the toilet where it belongs. Then magically there's no problem. But of course that's the rational fix so we won't be doing that.
    Here's a great way to sort this. Flush all the 3v3 whiners down the toilet where they belong. Then magically there's no problem. But of course that's the rational fix so we won't be doing that. :D

How does getting rid of the 3v3 dissenters help you with your 3v3 problem? I don't get it.
  • Julian_Sixty_Six
    108 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    TVF wrote: »

It's rational to you because you don't like 3v3. But there's no problem so there's nothing to fix.

The fact this OP exists in the first place is just evidence of another bad 3v3 outcome to rational observers. But if you have cognitive dissonance you can't see it. The thing about cognitive dissonance is that people who have it don't know they have it which is why I'm trying to help.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

How does getting rid of the 3v3 dissenters help you with your 3v3 problem? I don't get it.
    I don't have a 3v3 problem, only a whiner problem. :D
  • Zanir wrote: »
    They were able to run two versions of conquest at once and let people choose. Not letting people choose 5v5 or 3v3 for every GAC is silly.

A lot of people dislike fleet. So you need 4 versions.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

The fact this OP exists in the first place is just evidence of another bad 3v3 outcome to rational observers. But if you have cognitive dissonance you can't see it. The thing about cognitive dissonance is that people who have it don't know they have it which is why I'm trying to help.

I love this post. Thank you for brightening my morning.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

I like strategy.

Yeah, here it is:
    1) keep roster at minimum level
    2) only go for GLs and their prerequisites
    3) look at how many and which GLs the opponent has, keep the own GLs with which you can counter the opponents GLs and set the remaining one(s) on defense

From the last 9 opponents that I could find in your GAC history none had the same amount of GLs that you have (or more), they all had 1-3 less GLs (roster snapshot from today, some might have gotten 1 more GL in the meantime). In total the GL average of those 9 ppl is 2.27 vs your 4 and there was only 1 single GL on def, ironically from someone that didn't even have 3 GLs but only 2.5 (g10 JML).

From my last 9 opponents, most had the same number of GLs (3) or even 1 more. Actually only 1 guy had 1 GL less. In total the GL average of those 9 ppl is 3.33 vs my 3 and there were 11 GLs on def, my last opponent (Pigsticker from sL Nomads) put all 4 GLs on defense while still full clearing the board - was a brutal match.

Obviously for someone that always has the GL advantage the upcoming nerfs to GL counters are fantastic. But for those of us that do not have a 100% GL focused roster and who keep facing opponents with 1-2 more GLs (more frequently now if Executor was unlocked) these changes and nerfs could ruin GAC for us if no GL counters are going to work.

CG is changing the playground here. GLs were never advertised/sold as an unbeatable thing that only other GLs could take down, just as incredibly powerful characters. People were then developing various counters to the different GLs - some got fixed/nerfed, most of them would remain intact. GAS, Fives, Chewie was beating SLKR and kept doing so ever since. JKR, JKL was beating SLKR and kept doing so. Vader beating Rey ever since Vader got his rework - no word from CG that this shouldn't be a thing. Then there were various teams that took down SEE (including g11/12 trooper mix) and them later explicitly stating that he's WAI. In all this time CG never made in impression that they'd have a problem with non-GL teams (in general) beating GLs. So people geared up and fine tuned their GL counters for GAC and TW. Now all of a sudden they did a complete 180 and changed their minds about GLs and non-GL counters and that screws up a LOT of players.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

I like strategy.

Yeah, here it is:
    3) look at how many and which GLs the opponent has, keep the own GLs with which you can counter the opponents GLs and set the remaining one(s) on defense

From the last 9 opponents that I could find in your GAC history none had the same amount of GLs that you have (or more), they all had 1-3 less GLs (roster snapshot from today, some might have gotten 1 more GL in the meantime). In total the GL average of those 9 ppl is 2.27 vs your 4 and there was only 1 single GL on def, ironically from someone that didn't even have 3 GLs but only 2.5 (g10 JML).

Well, yeah.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »
    They were able to run two versions of conquest at once and let people choose. Not letting people choose 5v5 or 3v3 for every GAC is silly.

Some people like fleet. So we'd need 6 GAC variants and moar ships!!! :D
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »

Some people like fleet. So we'd need 6 GAC variants and moar ships!!! :D

Maybe we could also add time categories because some people like nostalgia - 2015 chars only, 2016 chars only, etc.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

I like strategy.

Yeah, here it is:

From my last 9 opponents, most had the same number of GLs (3) or even 1 more. Actually only 1 guy had 1 GL less. In total the GL average of those 9 ppl is 3.33 vs my 3 and there were 11 GLs on def, my last opponent (Pigsticker from sL Nomads) put all 4 GLs on defense while still full clearing the board - was a brutal match.

Obviously for someone that always has the GL advantage the upcoming nerfs to GL counters are fantastic. But for those of us that do not have a 100% GL focused roster and who keep facing opponents with 1-2 more GLs (more frequently now if Executor was unlocked) these changes and nerfs could ruin GAC for us if no GL counters are going to work.

CG is changing the playground here. GLs were never advertised/sold as an unbeatable thing that only other GLs could take down, just as incredibly powerful characters. People were then developing various counters to the different GLs - some got fixed/nerfed, most of them would remain intact. GAS, Fives, Chewie was beating SLKR and kept doing so ever since. JKR, JKL was beating SLKR and kept doing so. Vader beating Rey ever since Vader got his rework - no word from CG that this shouldn't be a thing. Then there were various teams that took down SEE (including g11/12 trooper mix) and them later explicitly stating that he's WAI. In all this time CG never made in impression that they'd have a problem with non-GL teams (in general) beating GLs. So people geared up and fine tuned their GL counters for GAC and TW. Now all of a sudden they did a complete 180 and changed their minds about GLs and non-GL counters and that screws up a LOT of players.

We disagree on one thing but agree on another.

Nerfing reliable non-gl counters is a good idea imo. Have a look at the executor post to see why it is important (at least for what seems a lot of people) that very costly teams stay very hard to beat by cheaper/older teams.

However, I totally agree that players who thought the non-gl counters were legit and gear characters for it now have what may be overgeared characters who will hurt their mm. A better devolving offer would have been welcomed. It didn’t come, so now the only way out seems to use those overgeared characters who sometimes are prerequisites for gl (thrawn, Vader, veers, piett, starck, wat, gas for instance). It will take time and it’s not an ideal solution, but I think it can be recovered.