Best toons/squads for heroic rancor pit raid

Coolnessda
273 posts Member
edited August 2021
I've been pushing most of my investments in character development into finishing off my first order toons for slkr and am really close to finishing. My next big goal will be to prepare more squads for heroic pit raid. I have a good assortment of toons and squads mostly relic 4 but have no idea which ones are most effective in this raid. As a free to play gamer my resources are somewhat limited so my initial goal is to focus on only the best toons/squads first and then branch out once I've progressed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I've been pushing most of my investments in character development into finishing off my first order toons for slkr and am really close to finishing. My next big goal will be to prepare more squads for heroic pit raid. I have a good assortment of toons and squads mostly relic 4 but have no idea which ones are most effective in this raid. As a free to play gamer my resources are somewhat limited so my initial goal is to focus on only the best toons/squads first and then branch out once I've progressed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Heroic pit can be soloed by a CLS with both his zetas. There are other things you can use, but that was one that popped into my head.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Do you mean Challenge Pit? You don't need relics or GLs for Heroic.
  • The rancor raid that rewards relic 8 materials to be specific. I've tried with the handful of toons I have that meet the requirements and barely make a dent so I dont even bother attempting until I have something worth using.
  • For about the 100th time of asking, sharing your swgoh.gg profile or your ally code is surely the only way people can give you meaningful advice…
  • Ok I got my swgoh.gg account up. I'm not sure if the settings are correct for others to see so please let me know if nothing shows
  • You need to post the link to it - or is it the same username as your forum name?
  • I'm pretty sure I set it as coolnessda but let me know if it doesn't work
  • It doesn’t. Just copy the url and post it. Or share your ally code.
  • On here? Its 656-839-818.
  • I have no idea how to make my account public. Oh wait it could be under my name will gowin which is the name of my galaxy of heroes gamer name.
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/656839818/

That’s you.

It’s tough to see any of the major point scoring teams your close too. 4 of the 5 GLs are likely the top scoring options, and GAS is also big money.

The two teams I run that you could get reasonably quickly are:

Phase 1: Vader, KRU, Wat, 3po then either BB8 or Shaak Ti (I use BB8, but that’s because I use Shaak Ti in a p4 team)

Phase 2/3: Padme, Rex, 5s and 2 other Galactic Republic toons (Echo and ARC are options, but JKA and Ahsoka also work).

There are many YouTube videos explaining the strategy for the first team. You can clear 3M with good RNG and mods.

The second team I get the door down, save all cleanse moves til after the rancor comes out of topple, and try to trigger 5s to sacrifice so Rex speeds up and gains mega damage. If you can get the RNG to lineup so Rex uses 2 aerial assaults, you’ll be north of 1M

Challenge Pit raid is a GL playground. You need to get one to join in.
  • I thought so. That's why I've been hellbent on getting slkr as he's the only one I'm closest to seeing that all I have to do is relic a few toons. My original idea to at least attempt to do somewhat better in this raid was to simply get as many toons as possible to relic 5 and just throw what I got at it and hope for the best but I can see that is not an option.
  • I also recall at one point that there was a Vader and wampa combo that relied on building up damage over time effects but was that being used for this raid? If so is it still being used or has it been nerfed?
  • I don’t remember wampa version in this raid. I remember one in the Sith raid - but I could be wrong about it in Challenge Pit.
  • I do remember vader and wampa being a big thing but again I dont know what it was good against. I believe it was something along the line of vader lead with wampa and magmatrooper as they would mercilessly build up damage over time effects. I dont know how well the gamorean guards resist detrimental effects but I thought this setup was most likely used during the first stage of the raid.
  • Wampanader is a HAAT team not CPIT
  • Ok I did remember it was used in a raid just not the right one. But has anyone tried using it in rancor unleashed raid?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    Ok I did remember it was used in a raid just not the right one. But has anyone tried using it in rancor unleashed raid?

The version for the new Pit uses Wat and KRU since he takes reduced damage from deathmark. You're best to look up the teams and strats on youtube as it seems your knowledge is out of date if you are thinking of Wampanader.