Slave I: Taunt is Silly

Prev134
SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited August 2021
Is there any justification for CG to continue keeping the taunt on Slave I? The ship is an attacker and squishy. No taunt would also likely make a nice diff with Exec with some of the counters that have cropped up. As of right now, folks are resorting to removing him from Exec lineup to defend against what should be weak counters.

I do get CG doesn’t necessarily follow Star Wars lore to a T, but Slave I never really taunted anyone. He preferred to lie low and hidden, and ultimately surprise his bounties with sneak attacks.
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Technically he taunted those TIEs in the last episode of Mandalorian.
  • Options
    Sure taunted Obi Wan to follow him into the Geonosis Asteroid Field
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    For the purpose of this game, a taunt gives you no other opportunities but to target the taunter (unless abilities give you taunt ignore). Choosing to follow someone doesn’t justify as being taunted. Plus, it was a one on one fight; that’s not a taunt. :p

Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • LordDirt
    5003 posts Member
    Options
    Since when does this game go off only canon?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Since when does this game go off only canon?

Basically what I said in my first post. A taunt on Slave I has never made sense for this game anyway. Slave I is really only effective now with his redo, and never amounted to any importance prior to now.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    How has having a taunt for slave 1 anything to do with not being star wars lore?

Lets be honest, you just want less counters.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    How has having a taunt for slave 1 anything to do with not being star wars lore?

Let’s be honest, you still mad at CG for saying they gonna make less counters.

Remember when you claimed you were coming after the whales? 4 years later and how’s that working out for you? :D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don’t like Slave 1 taunting when called as RI

I don’t like Slave 1 and other attackers / support taunting when Executor does his heal special

Because they are immediately destroyed before they get another turn or two
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Executor's special abilities are also very weak and bland in theme.
    Why did Breach of Protocols have to be a weak copy of Negotiator's mass attack? Not to mention how is this thematic in any way?
    Same story for the 2nd special, "We only need to...". Cannot understand why taunt is given to target and not to Tanks. So that the AI can misplay the ability and we cannot use it on whichever ship is in need (because Taunt)?
    Lastly, where are the asteroids? Anyone seen them? Bounty Hunters and asteroids would have made a wonderful combination.

I would like a rework of the ship.
  • Options
    That was Jango not Boba.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    That was Jango not Boba.

HAHAHA! Busted! :D

P.s. Technically, it was both Jango and Boba.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don’t like Slave 1 and other attackers / support taunting when Executor does his heal special.

Just stay at 5* on Exec. Bonus, it's better than 7*!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Remember when you claimed you were coming after the whales? 4 years later and how’s that working out for you? :D

He’s not wrong. You’re just upset because you don’t like Slave 1 getting destroyed so quick which makes executor not the exact powerhouse you paid for. I mean I get it, I don’t like the counter nerf CG is doing and think plenty of kits/lack of reworks are out of whack including executor itself showing clear lack of testing and massive overselling. But let’s call a spade a spade here lol.
  • Options
    That was Jango not Boba.

It was Jango's ship and Jango was the pilot.
  • Options
    That was Jango not Boba.

It was Jango's ship and Jango was the pilot.

I do find it interesting that OB1 had no problem killing a child.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

He’s not wrong. You’re just upset because you don’t like Slave 1 getting destroyed so quick which makes executor not the exact powerhouse you paid for. I mean I get it, I don’t like the counter nerf CG is doing and think plenty of kits/lack of reworks are out of whack including executor itself showing clear lack of testing and massive overselling. But let’s call a spade a spade here lol.

I’m not using Slave I at this time and holding just fine. When I was using him I was holding just fine. Y’all just mad cause now you can’t easily beat Exec with Rebels with my new combo. And I could care less what I spend on this game. Don’t hate on rich folk. That’s discrimination!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Y’all just mad cause now you can’t easily beat Exec with Rebels with my new combo.

Which is…

• Options

I’m not using Slave I at this time and holding just fine. When I was using him I was holding just fine. Y’all just mad cause now you can’t easily beat Exec with Rebels with my new combo. And I could care less what I spend on this game. Don’t hate on rich folk. That’s discrimination!

Lmao wut? We are mad? Dude you’re the one making a rant post and pulling the ol’ “git gud pezent” when people are calling you on your contradictions lol. Oy vey…imagine someone making TVF look normal…or myself hahaha
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Let's stay on topic please.
  • Options
    Slave 1 shouldn't have a taunt for the mere fact it's a generation 1 ship that is as tough as a wet paper bag. It's built like an attacker, but has tank abilities. Either pump its HP/Protection up to tank levels, or drop the taunt.
  • Options

Lmao wut? We are mad? Dude you’re the one making a rant post and pulling the ol’ “git gud pezent” when people are calling you on your contradictions lol. Oy vey…imagine someone making TVF look normal…or myself hahaha

😆😘

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

😆😘

So, about this anti Rebel comp…
  • Options
    I've felt this way for a long time. When I joined, BHs were the first fleet I built up, so I spent a lot of time with them. I could never bring Slave I in as a reinforcement because the taunt was too much of a liability. It feels restrictive to have to work around it.

I suppose when fleets were new, Slave I may have been a good throwaway ship to keep your empire ships alive longer, but the taunt is useless compared to Hound's Tooth.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don’t like Slave 1 taunting when called as RI

I don’t like Slave 1 and other attackers / support taunting when Executor does his heal special

Because they are immediately destroyed before they get another turn or two
    This. It's not a fun mechanic. "Squish1" is traditionally one of the worst RIs in the game due to his taunt and the resulting RI priority that meant a terrible RI came out early (this latter part doesn't seem to be happening under executor for some reason). He's r8 now under executor (due to the requirement) and this is what it can look like when he comes out:

01q0mufiokl1.gif

When enemy fleets do stuff like bring out plo as an early RI, or Falcon + plo, and plo winds up putting taunt on ETA or Falcon, it's a little funny. But for this AI taunt to be built into slave 1's RI ability and an executor special (which might put it on the weakest ship!) kinda feels like it's a little too stupid.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    It’s a little better with the prot up touch up. A little.
  • Options
    I use the taunt to keep someone more important alive for a turn (Boba doesn't last much longer). But we have a non-tank ship taunt, and a tank character not able to taunt (looking at you Mace).
  • Options

lol
    How is that even an argument? I have no issues with whales what so ever
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

lol

SOAP thinks everyone hates whales.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

lol

SOAP thinks everyone hates whales.

Eh, I’m not a fan. Swimming around with all that valuable spermaceti and ambergris and not sharing with the rest of us… bunch of jerks. Plus? Hey? Whales? You’re mammals, get on land like the rest of us. You’re not impressing anyone showing off like that… 🙄
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.