Kit Reveal: Maul

Replies

  • Nauros
    4627 posts Member
    CG out of touch with their own game? What a shocker...
  • How is he Mandalorian??
  • Zanir
    271 posts Member
    edited August 25
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    How is he Mandalorian??

    Oh boy here we go again

    Gameplay>>>>>lore

    Also by right of conquest
  • Ultra
    8251 posts Moderator
    Draeth wrote: »
    "Maul’s kit is the first to have a call-out to another specific unit"

    Straight from the Dev Insights... do you guys actually play this game?

    There are dozens of units with specific call-outs. Even if you assume they meant specific enemy units, both Bastilas callout their opposing Revan.

    One of the best kits in the game are the duality of the two Bastila's imo
  • Zanir wrote: »
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    How is he Mandalorian??

    Oh boy here we go again

    Gameplay>>>>>lore

    Also by right of conquest

    This still doesn’t make any sense. He deserve more a Scoundrel tag. But this game doesn’t surprise me anymore. So much mess 😅
  • IvoB1987 wrote: »
    Each time this ability is used, it deals 60% more damage on subsequent uses and increases by an additional 60% until Maul uses a different ability during his turn.

    This is written very confusingly and ambiguously. Can a dev please elaborate?
    It raises by 60 and by 60 again? So the second 60 goes away after using another ability? What about the first 60? Until end of battle? Or until end of encounter?
    So am I right in thinking that the additional damage is 60% × <number of times this ability is used before in this battle/encounter> + 60% × <this ability is used in a row now> ?
    By the way, what happens on revive? Does he remember how many times he did the ability before he died?

    Admitely Im new to this game but assuming its an additive 60% on his base damage it would be something like this. Assume his base damage would be 1000.
    1st hit = 1600
    2nd = 2560
    3rd = 4096
    4th = 6553
    5th = 10485

    60% x the number of consecutive uses (in this example 5) would be 300%. 300% on a base damage of 1000 would be 3000 damage on the 5th hit. Increasing by 60% vs the previous damage 5 times would be much higher at 10485 damage.

    Again Im new so feel free to let me know that logic is incorrect and Ill delete it.
  • Obito_Uchiha
    9 posts Member
    edited August 25
    Draeth wrote: »
    "Maul’s kit is the first to have a call-out to another specific unit"

    Straight from the Dev Insights... do you guys actually play this game?

    There are dozens of units with specific call-outs. Even if you assume they meant specific enemy units, both Bastilas callout their opposing Revan.

    I don't know what you mean... I can only think of:

    - Fives referring to Echo (and vice versa)
    - Baze Referring to Chirrut (and vice versa)
    - Cassian and K2SO
    - Chewie and Han
    - Vet Chewie and Han
    - Sith Triumvirate
    - Hero Finn and Po
    - C3PO and R2
    - Ahsoka and Kenobi and Anakin
    - Anakin and Padme
    - HK and Revan
    - Bastila (Both) and Revan (Both)
    - Mission and Big Z
    - MagnaGuard and Grevious
    - Death Trooper and Krennic

    but I assume none of those guys count as clearly Maul is the first?

    surely they mean enemy, but like you say that is still wrong
  • Enemy - you mean like Mace Windu and the Fett's :p
    Also Bastila Shan has a call out to Darth Revan in her kit...
    Maybe they mean the first conquest character...or the first version of Maul...
  • Ultra
    8251 posts Moderator
    Yeah they meant a specific call-out to the enemy unit, but like it was pointed out - **** / BSF already do that

    I think those two are the only units other than Maul
  • Windu does as well in TB against the Fett's
  • HenriqueAA wrote: »
    How is he Mandalorian??

    Because he killed Mandalore and became Mandalore
  • Xcien
    1917 posts Member
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    How is he Mandalorian??

    Because he killed Mandalore and became Mandalore

    You mean Pre Vizsla. There was no longer any Mandalores at that time.
    "Thank you for evaluating."
  • Xcien wrote: »
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    How is he Mandalorian??

    Because he killed Mandalore and became Mandalore

    You mean Pre Vizsla. There was no longer any Mandalores at that time.

    Who declared himself Mandalore by reestablishing the warrior rule of Mandalore
  • Larx
    327 posts Member
    for a long time, i am really excited about a new toon!
    Lord Vader is so far out of reach for most average players but with releasing Maul - most player get a very powerful toon even without getting Lord Vader soon.

    hell yeah! would appreciate seeing more of these toons!

  • Rebmes
    294 posts Member
    so in order to fully use his leader ability, you can only go up against another Mandalorian leader.

    O.o
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    so in order to fully use his leader ability, you can only go up against another Mandalorian leader.

    O.o

    In order to fully use Bastilla's Force Bond ability you can only go up against Darth Revan; didn't seem to be a problem for her, shouldn't be a problem for Maul ;) It's just a nod to lore in order to get something fun out of it.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    so in order to fully use his leader ability, you can only go up against another Mandalorian leader.

    O.o

    And the only way to use Gideon’s lead is by using a very specific combination of units.

    The offense bonus is just a cherry on top if it happens. The mass assists on all of Maul’s barrage of turns is the main dish.
  • DCNR
    42 posts Member
    Sounds like a cool toon - just a shame we know CG is going to nerf him into oblivion if he dare touch a GL :(
  • Gifafi
    5622 posts Member
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    How is he Mandalorian??

    Because he killed Mandalore and became Mandalore

    To be the Man you gotta beat the Man. WHOOO!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • dgree wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »
    "that much offense", in this case "that" referring to... ???
    :|

    Based off the wording of the Dev Insight he gains the 10% of his Max Health as offense (With 5 stacks of Anguish)
    So he gains offense based directly on the amount of health lost (not the percentage)

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248389/developer-insight-maul
    Anthony
  • Kyno
    31086 posts Moderator
    DCNR wrote: »
    Sounds like a cool toon - just a shame we know CG is going to nerf him into oblivion if he dare touch a GL :(

    Do you believe Maul is considered a low investment character?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    DCNR wrote: »
    Sounds like a cool toon - just a shame we know CG is going to nerf him into oblivion if he dare touch a GL :(

    Do you believe Maul is considered a low investment character?

    JKL was and he's harder to get.
  • Kyno
    31086 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    DCNR wrote: »
    Sounds like a cool toon - just a shame we know CG is going to nerf him into oblivion if he dare touch a GL :(

    Do you believe Maul is considered a low investment character?

    JKL was and he's harder to get.

    What timeline do you consider getting maul an equal investment as JKL?

    We dont even know the full extent of how the changes will effect players getting the red box, but for starters getting any Conquest character in less than 1 year, requires a 4m GP roster. I believe that, that alone makes them a higher investment than any other event character we have.
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    DCNR wrote: »
    Sounds like a cool toon - just a shame we know CG is going to nerf him into oblivion if he dare touch a GL :(

    Do you believe Maul is considered a low investment character?

    JKL was and he's harder to get.

    Boy I sure hope you're right, because Maul is looking very hard to get.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • [ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

    Special 2: SEETHING RAGE (Cooldown 0)

    kpnp9prr1mzi.gif

    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal true damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns. If Maul has 5 Anguish, increase target enemy's cooldowns by 2 (excludes raid bosses and Galactic Legends). Maul loses 1 stack of Anguish and takes a bonus turn. This attack can't be countered.

    Each time this ability is used, it deals 60% more damage on subsequent uses and increases by an additional 60% until Maul uses a different ability during his turn.

    This ability can't be used unless Maul has Anguish.

    Is this Cooldown Increase resistable?
  • Sebek
    2200 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    [ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

    Special 2: SEETHING RAGE (Cooldown 0)

    kpnp9prr1mzi.gif

    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal true damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns. If Maul has 5 Anguish, increase target enemy's cooldowns by 2 (excludes raid bosses and Galactic Legends). Maul loses 1 stack of Anguish and takes a bonus turn. This attack can't be countered.

    Each time this ability is used, it deals 60% more damage on subsequent uses and increases by an additional 60% until Maul uses a different ability during his turn.

    This ability can't be used unless Maul has Anguish.

    Is this Cooldown Increase resistable?

    Does it say it can't be resisted?
    Remember: reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy gold. Bye!
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    This thread is way less interesting to me after seeing the new conquest.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    This thread is way less interesting to me after seeing the new conquest.

    At least you saw it...
  • TVF
    30948 posts Member
    PoederAmon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    This thread is way less interesting to me after seeing the new conquest.

    At least you saw it...

    I once saw someone put peanut butter on a pizza. You're better off.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Peanut butter pizza?!? As a topping or the sauce? Slightly intrigued, but only slightly.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm. PM to join us.
Sign In or Register to comment.