DS Geo TB Phase 2 Bug Fix is Too Late

With barely 4 hours left in Phase 2 of the DS Geo TB, I can confidently say that any bug fix for this fleet requirement problem is going to be too late to do any good for many, if not most, guilds.

They should have immediately rolled back the changes that produced the bug once they heard of it. If they had incorporated that rollback in yesterday's update then there would have been time to recover from the mistake. Then they could work on making the changes correctly for next month's DS Geo TB.

As it is we only heard "We will investigate a fix as soon as possible" and nothing further. The poor communication continues.

Replies

• Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Yeah, from the start I was extremely doubtful that any fix was going to happen "in time". It's definitely going to cost us a star. Hardly a tragedy, I know, but annoying nevertheless. I just wonder if there's going to be any sort of compensation. Time to happily anticipate 3 more CWC shards?
  • nottenst wrote: »
    With barely 4 hours left in Phase 2 of the DS Geo TB, I can confidently say that any bug fix for this fleet requirement problem is going to be too late to do any good for many, if not most, guilds.

They should have immediately rolled back the changes that produced the bug once they heard of it. If they had incorporated that rollback in yesterday's update then there would have been time to recover from the mistake. Then they could work on making the changes correctly for next month's DS Geo TB.

As it is we only heard "We will investigate a fix as soon as possible" and nothing further. The poor communication continues.
    I am beyond certain that “the changes that produced the bug” was the addition of Executor to the game.

How well do you think a rollback would have been received if it removed that ship in the process?
  • I am beyond certain that “the changes that produced the bug” was the addition of Executor to the game.

How well do you think a rollback would have been received if it removed that ship in the process?

I think it would have been well received by the vast majority of players. It is only the few players that rushed out to get the Executor to 6* or 7* that would be upset. They are vocal, but I think they should have understood the situation.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    nottenst wrote: »

I am beyond certain that “the changes that produced the bug” was the addition of Executor to the game.

What baffles me is how they are continue to be so inept. It's not even the first time adding a new capital ship caused issues with mission requirements in TB, so you'd think it would be on a checklist. It is super hilarious how they can mess up the simplest of things though.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Really annoyed by this. We are currently on 20, about to close off 21. But we should be about to close off 22.

Luckily my guild is not losing crystals because of it, many will.

But that better gear box at 22 means a lot to us. We push and push to get it.
  • nottenst wrote: »

I think it would have been well received by the vast majority of players. It is only the few players that rushed out to get the Executor to 6* or 7* that would be upset. They are vocal, but I think they should have understood the situation.
    Really? If the devs removed the Executor form the game you think people would have understood?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Key word: "if"
    I'm sure there are ways to fix the bug that don't involve removing Executor. However, I doubt CG would touch/fix an ongoing TB.

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

You think those that got Executor would have understood? How many guilds did this actually affect stars for? You can 3* that territory with only doing the Executrix battle, which is worth more points anyway. Then there are those that didn't have the ship gp to get the 3rd star even if they could do both. So there is this sweet spot of guilds where there are enough people to do both missions to barely make up for people who can't do either given how low overall ship gp is. I think more people would be upset over Executor getting kicked out than missed a star in that zone.
  • I misspoke, it was the Chimaera battle that was hit. Same principle, though.

Our guild missed that star because we couldn't do a second battle. @Crayons appears to have missed out as well. I think the number of guilds that had enough members with the Executor to do both battles is much less than the number who could have got 3 stars by doing both battles and couldn't because of the bug. Those guilds who had enough members with the Executor probably had high enough GP that it really was irrelevant.

So, they wouldn't be able to use the new toy in Phase 2? So, what? We haven't ever been able to use Malevolence in that phase. I bet there were few if any players who obtained the Executor who couldn't win that combat mission with Chimaera and also the Executrix mission.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Key word: "if"
    I'm sure there are ways to fix the bug that don't involve removing Executor. However, I doubt CG would touch/fix an ongoing TB.

I was responding to the OP, who stated that the devs should have immediately rolled back the change that caused the bug.
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    And I don't believe adding the Executor to the game as a whole caused the bug, just adding it to that combat mission did. If you think their coding was even more incompetent than I thought, then we are talking at cross purposes. I would not think that eliminating Executor from the whole game would be a good idea - just Phase 2 of the TB or perhaps the whole TB.

In any case, it is a what if that did not happen. Of course, this whole thing would have been avoided if they just did proper testing.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Bottom line: this bug reinforced the fact that CG is terrible at coding and doesn’t care about their customers or how they feel about anything.
  • The make-good on the bug is quite nice. I am pleasantly surprised.
  • That’s a real feel bad for anyone that faced unnecessary stress due to the bug and worked extra hard to scrap the 3rd star…
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'll give back a star for 500 crystals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'll give back a star for 500 crystals.

Yeah, seriously…should have just let it ride and taken the 2 stars instead…
  • Yeah, our guild too. I would give back that star for the compensation
  • So far, we have not received the compensation and I have not seen an announcement about when we will, though they just made an announcement of when the Conquest refunds will go out.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248927/geonosis-territory-battle-phase-two-fleet-issue-update

Next week they are planning on sending the GET1, GET2, and crystals to our inboxes
  • Still waiting ....
  • I think the bug hasn't been fixed or they changed it without letting anyone know? They have now got a requirement for vulture droid to be 6 stars or you cant complete the CM. Is anyone aware of this? Never had this issue before except for last TB and now this one?
  • I think the bug hasn't been fixed or they changed it without letting anyone know? They have now got a requirement for vulture droid to be 6 stars or you cant complete the CM. Is anyone aware of this? Never had this issue before except for last TB and now this one?

Partialy fix :(
  • They changed the Chimaera mission - whether on purpose or not, no one has said.