[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    Some people wonder why players doubt the existence of testers. I need to archive these threads so I can link them in the future.
  • Options
    Calbion wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not sure "several" covers it lol.

"Various" felt too vague and "cornucopia" seems too festive.

I get the attempt at humour to mitigate some of the tension but this is an infuriating flippant response to the player community.

It was a response to TVF's post. The issue itself is being taken very seriously by everyone in the studio, including me.

If you don't like how I choose to interact with the community, feel free to let EA know.

There is always one.

No one else cared and thought it was funny, and even started a funny trend of finding better words.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    So glad to see Conquest is filled with bugs now, even after all the time they spent working on it. Looks like nerfing characters and ruining a special mission in DS Geo took priority over making sure Conquest wasn’t bugged. That’s just sad.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    I mean, it still feels broken, but it seems WAI based on the past?

It's not working as written. Your point (assuming it's true, which I do but hadn't noticed on my own since SLKR goes through PvE content so quickly that any time I've had to face Imps in GCs with SLKR I probably burned them down so fast I didn't even notice the bug) only highlights how long they've had to fix it. They could even decide to simply change the text, which is ridiculously easy. But they can't even do that. So I went in with Jango lead BH, Killed Veers, and that only had the effect of clearing burning off of him. Wasted 20 energy because they couldn't be bothered to write the description correctly.

Now, my Jango is only lately usable since I don't care about BH and my Jango sat at g9 or so until GLOW came out. I've had relic Jango for about 2 weeks and therefore never had a reason to examine his behavior in GCs. Sure, I **could** have figured out their bug sooner if I happened to like BH. And I **could** have kept my own list of CG bugs to plan around CG's problems either describing abilities and/or programming abilities correctly (whichever it is).

But I rather think that's CG's job.

I also think this shouldn't be considered to be WAI, since I think writing english language sentences is easier than coding and also because there's just no reason this Imp ability should ignore abilities that prevent revives, but I do realize that that is my opinion. I'll work with whatever the rules are, just so long as you don't deceive me about the rules on something as important as the zeta abilities of a required faction.
  • Options
    I’m just trying to figure out how many times I have to repeat sector 1 battles.
    14 BH wins
    5x Phoenix member battles, unless I find a zombie
    1-2 fights with GMY for potency down (maybe combine with Ezra and Kanan under JML lead)
    Yeah, I should squeeze in a few “no tanks”, maul and oppress and those mixed LS/DS master feats too.
    It’s not fun anymore

• Options
    Conquest needs to be canceled.
  • Options
    that moment when you just have to like a TVF post
    sith's serious
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    So far (emphasis on ‘so far’), i like it. It was fun using an undergeared ezra with jml or my newly geared bh. That’s exactly what i’m looking for in this game mode, some variety to shake things up and keep it enjoyable.
    But it will most likely change next week when the real feat grind will start. Tbh, i don’t mind being locked out of first crate if i can’t accomplish some feats because my roster isn’t wide enough, even if it means i won’t have maul in 3 months. They want to push players to develop their roster and make the conquest character more exclusive, ok, fair enough. But the grind is really, really not my idea of fun and it’s a major turn off. That’s what sim tickets are for (thx for AB, btw, awesome).
  • Options
    th3evo wrote: »
    Some people wonder why players doubt the existence of testers. I need to archive these threads so I can link them in the future.

Which people?
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I’m just trying to figure out how many times I have to repeat sector 1 battles.
    14 BH wins
    5x Phoenix member battles, unless I find a zombie
    1-2 fights with GMY for potency down (maybe combine with Ezra and Kanan under JML lead)
    Yeah, I should squeeze in a few “no tanks”, maul and oppress and those mixed LS/DS master feats too.
    It’s not fun anymore

This. Repeating the same thing over and over isn't fun. It was bearable in the first 6 conquests. All you had to do was shuffle the disks, up the ante on the bosses and everything would have been fine. Instead you jack-knifed the game-mode into a ravine.
  • Options

I get the attempt at humour to mitigate some of the tension but this is an infuriating flippant response to the player community.

It was a response to TVF's post. The issue itself is being taken very seriously by everyone in the studio, including me.

If you don't like how I choose to interact with the community, feel free to let EA know.

We just need to hire Keegan Michael Key as your Anger Translator, that is all.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    that moment when you just have to like a TVF post
    sith's serious

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Conquest is way worse now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Man y’all are some whiny folks ‘round these parts. Not an apologist, but they worked pretty hard to shake up Conquest to keep it interesting. And while I would love to have a game with zero issues, that’s just not how these things work. Get off your high horses and let them work through the problems.
  • VladoVD
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ok, you (CG) ruined flexibility by nerfing characters (yeah, I forgot that you wanted a feedback on this one, but noone of us understood why - nothing changed, although most of us didn't want it), ruined fleet arena, ruined TW, ruined GA, delayed 1 month the conquest, thus making some of us unable to use the scavenger shop and couldn't meet the requirements for executor, now you ruined the entire conquest (ask around for a feedback! lol). and all this for a month! i doubt that any other game had so big "success" for so short period of time. please cancel this conquest to ruin the plans for the scavenger shop again and at least I'll find a reason to stop playing this travesty of a game you made - and, hell, it was doing pretty well before you decided to ruin it.
    "feel free to inform EA" - is this your best answer??? you clearly see that people just don't like what you did and now after so many bugs you continue with the arrogant replies. did you test this conquest?? even some feats are bugged. what are you paid for?? sure isn't for just trying to think how to milk more and more the gamers - which now is more than normal even for your standards. how the hell you'll compensate people now? "we've made the conquest more fun" (or something like that) - who the hell told you it's more fun now??? did you get the feedbacks already?? or yeah, we know, you don't care. well, i hope many will let EA know about your "concerned" studio
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    So far (emphasis on ‘so far’), i like it. It was fun using an undergeared ezra with jml or my newly geared bh. That’s exactly what i’m looking for in this game mode, some variety to shake things up and keep it enjoyable.
    But it will most likely change next week when the real feat grind will start. Tbh, i don’t mind being locked out of first crate if i can’t accomplish some feats because my roster isn’t wide enough, even if it means i won’t have maul in 3 months. They want to push players to develop their roster and make the conquest character more exclusive, ok, fair enough. But the grind is really, really not my idea of fun and it’s a major turn off. That’s what sim tickets are for (thx for AB, btw, awesome).

The bits you’re saying you like are essentially unchanged from the first conquest. Using all of your own roster in your own unique and creative ways to beat the content.

The bits you don’t like are all the new bits that everyone else is taking about.

It sounds like you actually agree whole heartedly with everyone posting negatively, albeit in a positive manner.
  • Options
    VladoVD wrote: »
    ok, you (CG) ruined flexibility by nerfing characters (yeah, I forgot that you wanted a feedback on this one, but noone of us understood why - nothing changed, although most of us didn't want it), ruined fleet arena, ruined TW, ruined GA, delayed 1 month the conquest, thus making some of us unable to use the scavenger shop and couldn't meet the requirements for executor, now you ruined the entire conquest (ask around for a feedback! lol). and all this for a month! i doubt that any other game had so big "success" for so short period of time. please cancel this conquest to ruin the plans for the scavenger shop again and at least I'll find a reason to stop playing this travesty of a game you made - and, hell, it was doing pretty well before you decided to ruin it.
    "feel free to inform EA" - is this your best answer??? you clearly see that people just don't like what you did and now after so many bugs you continue with the arrogant replies. did you test this conquest?? even some feats are bugged. what are paid for?? sure isn't for just trying to think how to milk more and more the gamers - which now is more than normal even for your standards. how the hell you'll compensate people now?

He isn't the programmer and he is also a real person behind the keyboard so don't slate it all at him. I'm guessing your thr kind of person who shouts at a shop keeper when the delivery man doesn't show up.
  • Options
    Are we going to get the gems and conquest currency back spent during this cancelled conquest?
  • Options
    Lmao oh boy….well now that it’s officially cancelled (glad I only wasted a minimal amount of crystals and currency), how about you guys take this time to revert the bad changes you made to conquest because the whole “preventing quick clears” isn’t happening. Just watched a stream where they’re blowing through it. So that kinda is null and void as a reason now
  • Options
    Lets revert to the conquest we know works so we can get maul on schedule, this is becoming a common theme of pushing broken stuff to us
    Who ends up paying for it? We do
  • Options

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI your interaction with the community is pretty good in my opinion. What has not been good lately is the direction things are going with the game. We have had more waves of bugs then in ls geo Tb. Testing seems to be a huge issue lately and the need for more or better testing needs to take place sooner rather than later.

As for conquest, the energy cost vs various feat is way too much. I like the the wide array of feats to get but two things are lacking. 1) energy cost needs to be reverted if we are gonna have this many feat of varying teams. Keep all the feats and add a tracker for them since there are so many now. Keep energy to swap data disk. Add a free 45 energy daily like every other energy we have currently, once a day would be plenty. 2) limit the amount of refreshes that can be done during a conquest if you guys are worried about blowing through it. Limiting it to two refreshes would be fair. Also if you are worried about the money raise the crystal cost to 100 per refresh. You guys get your money and we stay engaged.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Obi_Cola wrote: »
    Man y’all are some whiny folks ‘round these parts. Not an apologist, but they worked pretty hard to shake up Conquest to keep it interesting. And while I would love to have a game with zero issues, that’s just not how these things work. Get off your high horses and let them work through the problems.

You must be new here. These things happen a lot.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • ccabezas93
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Are you gonna reimburse the crystals spent in refreshes?
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI some folks got Maul shards, will they all get removed to even up the playing field again at the restart?

• Options
    Are we getting back crystals like the last time you messed up a conquest launch? You would think in the 2 months you might do some testing smh