[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Normal conquest review:

I've just achieved max crate in normal mode with about 2.8mil GP & no GLs. With the heinseight of completing it I feel able to give a balanced review.

Overall I enjoy conquest, it takes me more time and wasted resources the first time (in the cycle of 3 conquests) but by conquest 9 I will be pretty efficient. I was impressed by the differences between normal and hard mode. Still only 15 energy, much easier feats aimed to reflect the roster size of someone below 4mil GP.

I enjoy having to calculate how I'm going to achieve the max crate. I've been able to hit the red box since conquest 1 when I had 1.7mil GP. So the challenge of picking consumables, discs and waiting to recharge stamina is part of the fun that gives me 2 weeks worth of stuff to do! Reading some of the comments below I can understand the frustration and grind of hard mode but for normal its been a bit of fresh air. The last few conquests did feel stale.

I do have a few criticisms though. The sector 5 boss without a GL (or gas apparently) is to my skill unbeatable. Maybe that's the point? By the time I reach 4mil I will have a GL I hope. I didn't beat JMK I had to work around him and max all over feats and 3* battles (there is a small margin for error) my advice for anyone wasting lots of energy and refreshes trying to beat him is don't bother!

The armour shred and death mark feat were the most annoying and grindy as there are so limited in who you can use. Finding the right team and battle to slot death trooper in (rebels against bad batch FYI) and repeating and waiting for stamina to cheese the feat was by far the least enjoyable part. Which I think is the point a lot of people playing hard mode have expressed. The daze feat by comparison offered a challenge but gives options.

The turn meter removal in my opinion (and many others!) needs a bar to track progress or if it's to difficult just scrap those kind of feats. Guessing and hoping adds to people's frustration. Rex with the clones is how I managed it in the end. Normally I would just avoid this feat but without beating JMK its a necessary evil.

Finally possibly slightly controversial but I would rather not have maul shards in the rewards (or the lastest equivalent) but instead have more ahsoka & razor crest shards. Even with the razor crest drops in ship mode a few months ago (will this happen for ahsoka? ) and snapping up shards where possible from the merchant, I'm still 80 shards away from 7*. Ultimately I will end up with a lot of characters with chunks of shards but never completing them until they become farmable. So personally I'd rather keep a higher drop for the old ones. I understand that these are intended for top end players but if the rewards aren't achievable then they aren't meaningful.

Final call out for any content creators. Part of writing this was to start a discussion for normal conquest tips and help as it's possible but hard! It's also overshadowed by the hard modes gripes and content
    However I couldn't find any videos or creators covering normal mode, so there is a gap in the market for anyone!! Please someone cover this!!

Overall really enjoyed this conquest and look forward to the next one.

• Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @BobaFettish86 have you tried Padmé? Her team, combined with no CAT on the Kenobi team is almost purpose built to survive JMK's assist-heavy team. That's also in regular game modes without data disks.

Others have been listed: GAS 501st depending on disks works too.

Thanks for the advice. GAS is a no go for me, but I'll do some upgrading to my Padme squad so that it doesn't impact me so much in future.
  • trodat4030
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    P2W Elite modus.. Nothing more, nothing less. With the same effort from crate 6 to (hopefully) crate 3 (bey bey R8 materials, bey bey APE), that's what GC did. A guildmate spend 2k chrystals (and has a great roster!) to get the max rewards, wich makes it money rules this mode. Lamo's at GC. I hope everybody boycots season 8! Not only because the changes in this mode, but also the nerf-horror of 2 weeks ago with beating GL, only with GL. Lame to the max! Somebody should get fired!
  • It’s not even p2w, it’s “stab yourselves in the eye with a rusty nail over and over to win and if you pay you can stab yourself faster in the eye, maybe the nail is slightly less rusty also”
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    xhxe53ju24gs.png

Oh look more bugs. Just spent the whole battle wiping everyone out in a NS fight with GMY. Since I don’t have a feat counter (thanks CG), I counted it myself. Yoda used his basic ability at least 50 times on NS, and only got credit for 9 (had 11 prior to the battle)

So what gives? He’s using his basic and is attempting to inflict potency down. Now this doesn’t count every time. Hey devs, don’t release conquest 8 after 7 ends. Actually play test this garbage you presented to us. Fix the feats or get rid of the repetitive nonsense because being forced to do these overly repetitive and unnecessary feats and then have it not count is bush league. Billion dollars in revenue….puh. What a joke

I've seen it mentioned that if you kill the enemy it doesn't count towards the feat since damage is dealt and then the debuff is inflicted. If the target dies you don't get to step 2. Could be the issue (?)

Also correct.

It won't count if the target dodges or dies.

That doesn’t make sense though. It says “attempt to inflict potency down”. So if the target dodges or dies, the attempt is still there. This is just like with the DR deathmark nonsense, WAI because of the coding but makes zero sense otheriwse….yay conquest….

No, the attempt means that it isn't nullified by a potency tenacity check failure. His debuff is not attempted if the attack misses or kills the target.

That argument can be made because of the coding of damage before debuff attempt (which is just ridiculous), but a dodge, there is still an attempt even if it misses. The attempt just misses.

You can argue how you want it to be as long as you care to, but how I described it is how it works.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    trodat4030 wrote: »
    P2W Elite modus.. Nothing more, nothing less. With the same effort from crate 6 to (hopefully) crate 3 (bey bey R8 materials, bey bey APE), that's what GC did. A guildmate spend 2k chrystals (and has a great roster!) to get the max rewards, wich makes it money rules this mode. Lamo's at GC. I hope everybody boycots season 8! Not only because the changes in this mode, but also the nerf-horror of 2 weeks ago with beating GL, only with GL. Lame to the max! Somebody should get fired!

Weird, I'm going to finish it with zero spent.
  • Completed S5 hard and entitled to 1 of the 3 crappy discs behind final boss (Vitality , Tenacious buff and Power)

This CQ is like playing with auto without hitting the auto button. If not using GL I use GAS 501 and since enemies are so f~ fast my already fast GAS (with double leader’s resolve) hardly take a turn (just retribution) and most clone are just standing there
  • My biggest possible with conquest 7 is that you are forced to buy energy to complete everything. I used to be able to get 2nd to last box on hard with 1 or 2 refreshes (I probably could have gotten it without any but with a couple days left I like to be sure) but now that is impossible with the amount of feats. I don't mind rewarding whales/ people with large diverse rosters with feats. however requiring you to clear a full sector worth of battles is overkill if the feats don't overlap.

this is from skelturix reddit post:

All in all, it will take you between 200 and 250 battles to complete all feats, but there are 27 extra keycards so you can skip a couple of feats. This means you'll need to spend between 3500 and 4000 energy to get max rewards.

You get 1 conquest energy every 12 minutes, which is 120 energy a day, for 14 days. That means you have about 1700 free energy, so you have to buy about as much. Considering you migh also need to spend some energy on disk swapping, and that you might lose a few attempts trying to complete feats, you'll need between 500 and 1500 crystals to get max rewards.

The previous conquest was "free" in comparison, so that's definitely a bummer, and I don't think you can get much lower than that on the amount of crystals needed to get max rewards here.

A minimum of 10 energy refreshes for all feats? That just shouts greed to me and I won't be doing any energy refreshes going forward. The rewards are fine, I would have liked more CAT shards, but I understand the decision to try to force more people to max crate the first time around. The thing I have a problem with is CG completely changing previous precedent on the challenge, effort, and frustration of conquest to make it even harder to get the max crate
  • Personnal review of Conquest 7 hard mode on my hand I have around 4.5 mil GP no GLs yet GAS mainly I dont even have JKLS

So best results I got in Conquest 6 since I wanted really badly CAT I did managed myself to get to the 6th crate I was so happy I spent like 300 maybe even more crystals on it because I was really hyped I enjoyed myself playing this mode up until the great nerf and especially all of the newest conquest updates I barely secured 3rd crate what a huge downfall

Asks my guild on discord I coudlnt stopped screaming on Discord and complained about it for days

For the first full week I havent spent any crystals I wanted to see how far I would fair in the 50 light and dark sides battles so wednesday I took a peek barely 20 battles each I dont even think you can complete thoses feats at all with the pricing of battles raised to 20 per battles even if you win all matches and not everyone can start a new conquest exactly the moment it starts so just with hours losts on that thats more than 1 dropped battle already what a fun thought

Then when CG sent like 400 crystals I thought I used them to advance try go as far as I can and I barely made it to Maul to Sector 4 still havent tried that battle and not sure I will actually but just knowing it will be for nothing

Of course like almost anyone else my Pheonix, mandalorians, bounty hunters, Mace Windu, Darth Maul, Savage Oppress, you know the specific chacacters they asks us to use that arent all relic up arent of course so I can already have to give up on them

And it might just be me that really sucks or I'm paranoid or I'm just super stupid but at times it felt that the nerfs they made to our characters they havent nerfed conquests versions of those characters again I might just be stupid or paranoid

Another complain the amount of CAT shards (pretty sure if you've read that far you knew that was coming) I was expecting the amount obtained to be reduced but not THAT MUCH pretty sure back in the lasts conquests if you got the last crate you had 40 Razors crests shards and it was always a difference of like 4 shrads between each crates, but now only 30 CAT shards in the last 25 in the 6th and a difference of 5 shards only between each 2 crates that was reduced way TOO MUCH!!!

Price of removing Data disks shouldnt be at 7 so high, 1 per data disks or maybe big max 3, and if theyre to make us pay energy and raise the amount of energy per battles they have to reduce the time refresh per energy to 6 minutes

Overall note review 2/10 I'm giving 1 point because the concept is still fun the rewards are nice and 1 point because I did find early the booming voice data disks but without it, it'd only be 1/10

#bringbackgoodconquest
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I have a G11 Darth Maul and G7 Savage and that feat was easy.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I have a G11 Darth Maul and G7 Savage and that feat was easy.
    I believe every individual feat is fairly easy, except the remove 700% Tm which is still annoying as heck without a counter. Just very crystal & time consuming. Especially when it’s very unclear what speed stats opponents have and you waste 20 energy on a team that shouldn’t go before your team but it does because “reasons”.

I just went from winning 12 of 12 in 3v3 GAC (which I hate) because at least that game mode is transparent what you need to do to win, to this conquest which I won’t get max crate for the first time because I refuse to be part in CGs fantasy of this being “engaging”.
  • Sabine (or all Phoenix? ) can repeatedly attack 20+ times and kill a R7 tank is crazy
  • bluecheese wrote: »
    Sabine (or all Phoenix? ) can repeatedly attack 20+ times and kill a R7 tank is crazy

You can stun her with Han. The rest is easy, and the CLS team counts towards the "win with no tanks" feat.
  • Myriddan wrote: »
    My biggest possible with conquest 7 is that you are forced to buy energy to complete everything. I used to be able to get 2nd to last box on hard with 1 or 2 refreshes (I probably could have gotten it without any but with a couple days left I like to be sure) but now that is impossible with the amount of feats. I don't mind rewarding whales/ people with large diverse rosters with feats. however requiring you to clear a full sector worth of battles is overkill if the feats don't overlap.

All in all, it will take you between 200 and 250 battles to complete all feats, but there are 27 extra keycards so you can skip a couple of feats. This means you'll need to spend between 3500 and 4000 energy to get max rewards.

You get 1 conquest energy every 12 minutes, which is 120 energy a day, for 14 days. That means you have about 1700 free energy, so you have to buy about as much. Considering you migh also need to spend some energy on disk swapping, and that you might lose a few attempts trying to complete feats, you'll need between 500 and 1500 crystals to get max rewards.

The previous conquest was "free" in comparison, so that's definitely a bummer, and I don't think you can get much lower than that on the amount of crystals needed to get max rewards here.

A minimum of 10 energy refreshes for all feats? That just shouts greed to me and I won't be doing any energy refreshes going forward. The rewards are fine, I would have liked more CAT shards, but I understand the decision to try to force more people to max crate the first time around. The thing I have a problem with is CG completely changing previous precedent on the challenge, effort, and frustration of conquest to make it even harder to get the max crate

I'll say it again: even if you're useless at Squad and Fleet arena and earn no crystals whatsoever there, you'll earn at least 100+ crystals daily just by completing activities and GW.

Over the course of Conquest that's 1400 to spend on refreshes.
    Sabine (or all Phoenix? ) can repeatedly attack 20+ times and kill a R7 tank is crazy

You can stun her with Han. The rest is easy, and the CLS team counts towards the "win with no tanks" feat.

Not that I can’t beat Phoenix, I ve finished S5 boss fight. I just need to try to get some feats done

But how is this game fun when I spend most time watching my team being attacked(or sometimes counter attack, depending on which team I use) and I have nothing to do?

Myriddan wrote: »
    My biggest possible with conquest 7 is that you are forced to buy energy to complete everything. I used to be able to get 2nd to last box on hard with 1 or 2 refreshes (I probably could have gotten it without any but with a couple days left I like to be sure) but now that is impossible with the amount of feats. I don't mind rewarding whales/ people with large diverse rosters with feats. however requiring you to clear a full sector worth of battles is overkill if the feats don't overlap.

I'll say it again: even if you're useless at Squad and Fleet arena and earn no crystals whatsoever there, you'll earn at least 100+ crystals daily just by completing activities and GW.

so stop farming characters, ships, gear, tix for GLs, whatever and spend all their crystals on Conquest? For....mk4 stun guns? Not everyone has a stockpile of crystals they can blow bc CG has decided to raise the cost of admission. I've spent more crystals to get a worse reward this conquest. The ROI is not worth it whatsoever.
  • My opinion on what should be done to keep the incentive to buy refreshes and collect feats:

1. Revert the difficulty of conquest back to what it was. I.e. key cards needed, energy per battle, etc. People who are smart and strategic with their resources and roster should be able to achieve max crate with little to no investment. You'll have people, like myself, spending crystals anyways because it used to be semi-enjoyable.

2. Keep energy as the cost for disk swapping. While I thought I wouldn't like this, I think it's much better than requiring credits earned. You'll naturally get some more crystal investment from those who want, or need to optimize their disk lineup for certain battles. Energy alone being a shared resource will slightly increase the difficulty to complete. I think the only reason that it's wack right now is because there were several changes stacked on top of each other that compounded into something absurd.

3. If it's that big of a deal the number of people unlocking the conquest character, cap the shards you give out to reward a max of a 5 star unit. Make them a 5 star unlock, like RC I think, then put them in the shop/farm cycle like marquee characters. If that's what it takes to justify the difficulty of the game mode, so be it. At least that's something we're all used to.

4. Biggest one: keep the same number of feats, but have them all award SOMETHING besides just key cards. Or have specific feats that only award other things like slicing material, gear, relic material, etc. We'll still have to get almost all of the feats with key cards available to us to achieve max crate, but additional feats with additional rewards will encourage us all to stay engaged after obtaining max crate. Make it worth our while to stay engaged. And if people decide to stop after they get max crate, it is what it is. But if all of these tedious feats awarded something like 3-5 stun guns, kyros, 3 flawed signal data, etc., I'll tell you right now I would play until the very last day trying to get all of those. I can see you guys saying "but we don't want to give out THAT many rewards." Then decrease the rewards slightly from the crates and transition some of that into gear awarding/relic awarding feats. That way you don't block anyone from obtaining max crate but still make us work over the whole two weeks to obtain all the rewards the game mode has to offer.

I know most of my feedback on these forums is negative but I do see a light at the end of this long, dark tunnel. The game mode has been twisted into something horrid but there is still time to salvage it and re-engage the player base before too many people quit.. please do something for the good of the community just for the sake of it being the most fun and engaging path. You may make ~less~ money from it, but you'll still make money. People will still spend crystals. I know I will.

Cheers
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

so stop farming characters, ships, gear, tix for GLs, whatever and spend all their crystals on Conquest? For....mk4 stun guns? Not everyone has a stockpile of crystals they can blow bc CG has decided to raise the cost of admission. I've spent more crystals to get a worse reward this conquest. The ROI is not worth it whatsoever.

Wow didn't realize the red box now rewards only mk4 stun guns.
  • Out of curiosity. In the last fight, hard sector 5, Mace only had one point of health left twice in a row. If I grab it and cause enough damage to kill him, he is back immediately with 50% health and protection. What am I missing that triggers this effect? In the third attack it worked, but I would still like to know how it came about. I re-read each character's skills and the Conquest Modifiers. Did i miss something? If that helps I attacked with SLKR (L), Hux, KRU, Vader and EP.
  • Y903211 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity. In the last fight, hard sector 5, Mace only had one point of health left twice in a row. If I grab it and cause enough damage to kill him, he is back immediately with 50% health and protection. What am I missing that triggers this effect? In the third attack it worked, but I would still like to know how it came about. I re-read each character's skills and the Conquest Modifiers. Did i miss something? If that helps I attacked with SLKR (L), Hux, KRU, Vader and EP.

JMK has a Savior-like ability in his lead.

this would be fine if it was clearly communicated ahead of time and prior precedent hadn't been set about the difficulty of getting rewards in conquest. They completely change the game mode and don't communicate that you will need to spend those refreshes up front.

My opinion is that it's bad game design, but I know it's pretty standard in other games that you need to spend extra energy to get max rewards. Basically now you should buy one refresh every day to make sure you are on track, but you probably should be buying two.

With the increase in cost of gear and reduction in character shards they are obviously increasing the crystal sink of conquest.

I think they need to do more incremental changes and set expectations instead of these big changes and very minimal communication, but I am not the target of these changes so I know my opinion doesn't particularly matter.

• Creme wrote: »

Then the translation into German is completely messed up. Ist says something about it when JMK uses his ability, but not a word that it is automatically triggered by everyone on the team who is killed. Great 🙄

• My main issue is time. We all have wanted QoL changes so we are not stuck playing this game all the time and one of their ways to help us is to make us spend a ton of time with Conquest doing the same thing over and over again? We have all asked to sim multiple raids, multiple assault battles, omega battles, mystic events, advanced fleet mastery, etc.

If I really wanted the red crate I could get it but I dont want to spend so much time on this game grinding the same stuff over and over again. Oh well.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Y903211 wrote: »
    Creme wrote: »

Then the translation into German is completely messed up. Ist says something about it when JMK uses his ability, but not a word that it is automatically triggered by everyone on the team who is killed. Great 🙄

It's not everyone, it's just the first one.
    bluecheese wrote: »

Not that I can’t beat Phoenix, I ve finished S5 boss fight. I just need to try to get some feats done

But how is this game fun when I spend most time watching my team being attacked(or sometimes counter attack, depending on which team I use) and I have nothing to do?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

They shouldn’t reward those, mk4 carbs or any of the junk gear that they do at all, especially now that they’ve increased the cost to complete conquest.

If sabine has outsped her target enough to get 4 hits per attack, she is going to keep attacking until it is dead unless she gets very unlucky.

Sabine is an agility attacker so with relics has very high crit chance. The 4 crits on her first attack get 4 bonus turns guaranteed. They will crit unless you have immunity. So that's 5 attacks already.

The 4 bonus turns will also get 4 crits with each one having 25% chance of a bonus turn resulting from it. So most likely she will get another bonus attack from each attack. That's another 4 bonus attacks, which again each will most likely get another attack.

When she gets unlucky and doesn't get a bonus attack from one of her attacks, she probably gets balancing rng on another of the attacks to maintain the running 4 bonus attacks forever.

If you let sabine attack someone that she can crit they will likely die.

Even if she only gets 3 hits per attack, it's still fairly likely.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

They shouldn’t reward those, mk4 carbs or any of the junk gear that they do at all, especially now that they’ve increased the cost to complete conquest.

Ok but not my point.

Ok but not my point.

But you’re missing inyaks point too. There is too great of an investment cost now to end up with Mk4 guns or mk4 carbs and other junk rewards. If they’re so he’ll bent on these new changes to conquest then they need to adjust the gear rewards. This insane refusal on their end to give worthwhile rewards by comparison to the effort and resources required is old
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Ok but not my point.

But you’re missing inyaks point too. There is too great of an investment cost now to end up with Mk4 guns or mk4 carbs and other junk rewards. If they’re so he’ll bent on these new changes to conquest then they need to adjust the gear rewards. This insane refusal on their end to give worthwhile rewards by comparison to the effort and resources required is old

Why feed the troll?