[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Was on vacation for most of this GC whale fest slog. Just got a few battles into Sector 5 and still not one purple data disc. I'm literally using some data discs from Sector 1 still. Did they also nerf data discs like they did with half the game?

Anyway, just wanted to leave feedback to say CG has completely ruined what was once my favorite gameplay mode. GG CG.
  • Yeah, the gate on relic 8 mats that has been put in front of the free to play base has many of us ready to quit. My guild leader, a few officers (myself included), and a handful of the members are all going to hang it up if something isn't done to improve conquest and/or make relic 8 mats more attainable. CG... You have royally forked up.
  • Yeah, the gate on relic 8 mats that has been put in front of the free to play base has many of us ready to quit. My guild leader, a few officers (myself included), and a handful of the members are all going to hang it up if something isn't done to improve conquest and/or make relic 8 mats more attainable. CG... You have royally forked up.

As a f2p with 4x r8 toons and 300+ Aeros, I assure you, the Aeros will be the least of your r8 troubles when you get them on farm.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Amraam wrote: »
    Wow, what happened to this game? I'm quite an active player and always enjoyed this game a lot, but lately the tide starts to turn.

I have been playing since 2017 and built up to 6.1M now. Until recently I had quite a steady crystal income by getting in top 3 in fleets and very recently I collected my first GL. But what happened in the last months completely is killing my fun in the game.

First there was the executor. A new meta is no problem, but making a ship that is basically killing off the current meta is just not nice, especially if you look at the requirements. I'm working hard on it and I'm getting close, but it costs a lot of time.

And then this conquest! What a total disaster. Yes, I was one of the people rushing through the previous conquests, but basically that was a way to get the disks as soon as possible and then using the remaining time to get all the feats done to get the red box (which worked and felt like a nice challenge). This generated gear and shards that were necessary to build up my characters. But with the new conquest it became virtually impossible to get past box 4 without investing lots, lots and even more time. I will just take box 4 and stop then with this whole stupid conquest.

I think the developers just killed it to be honest and took all the fun out of it. It's a real pitty that you don't honor the time people invested in this game, but are only after their money... I hope thinks will turn the good way in the future, but I seriously doubt if this game will last much longer in this way.

Welcome to EA Games. They have no sense of loyalty to their customers. Grats on your roster. Sorry you feel it was wasted time. Join F2P and watch this debacle reach it's conclusion.

EOL
  • maybe the "Community Manager" can chime in at some stage. He started this thread.
  • I’m not 100% sure but it looks like, for normal mode as I’m only 3.1 mgp , the max crate has gotten less on the rewards. I’m pretty sure the rewards are smaller now then they were, like they’ve been decreasing them and I’ve just caught on. The difference between the gold and red crate is so minimal that I won’t even spend the extra time on the red crate. 5 shards and a couple relic mats that are farmable from the cantina battles. And the credits, from 1.2 -1.5 mill. Those are the differences in the gold and red.
  • PtmLords wrote: »
    I’ll never spend money on this game again thanks to this conquest. CG you ruined the most fun thing you’ve put in the game in a long time. I’m ready to stop playing at this point.

I have occasionally, but now I'm not. I was tempted to get a relic bundle for $9.99 yesterday but ultimately opted against it.
  • I usually consider any newly-challenging thing in the game to automatically come with a lot of bellyaching from folks who can't get everything right away...but this goes a couple of levels beyond that.

We just had a guy with 4+ accounts (two in our guild) retire from the game over this. And he's far from the only one.
  • Guarantee a selection of purple discs at end of each tier

No thank you. Some of us prefer getting a selection of three actually useful blue discs, rather than the way-overhyped purples.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Get rid of stamina or make it regen faster. It's already impossible to do without refreshes and spending crystals why have a second energy.

To push development of a roster. It is one of the base pieces they are very unlikely to get rid of.

Let's be honest - it's to push GLs, because once you're past sector 4, the speeds of the teams you face now are almost impossible without one.
    I have 3 GLs. I can clear the board, no problem. I could get max crate if I wanted to but I wont because I refuse to accept that level of forced grind. It's just ridiculous. I got second best crate and stopped. Not one keycard more, not one battle more. Screw Galactic Grindquest.
  • Took me around 12 hrs of play to get the red box. I do not care what you change but change something so it does not take that long.
  • It was fun now it’s bad. You know what you did. You don’t need 52 pages of knowing that we know to prove it.

Put it back the way it was.
  • I do not like the change in currency to change data disks. With 24 minutes left, I wanted to try to beat Kenobi again just for fun. To do that, I would need to change up my data disks. Unfortunately, I can't change data disks AND have enough energy to play one last battle. Sucks so bsd that you can't even play these battles for fun even if you don't think you'll get any rewards.
  • I finally finished my first GL this Conquest, and he was getting crushed in Tier 5.
    Took me till the final night to get the Tier-3 chest.
    Refreshed exactly 1 time for 50 crystals in 2 weeks.
    And honestly, I could have waited till this morning to get the last couple achievements needed to get that chest.

I have neither the time or desire to beat my head against the wall watching a bunch of R5-7 characters get 1-shot before they get a turn off when they are 300+ speed.

Don't get me wrong, I never expected to get the Red Crate or anything, I'm only a 5 mil player.
    But honestly the feats were just a giant waste of time to even a attempt to get.
    Either my team crushes them so fast I cant get the "apply this debuff x-times" or I'm wiped out if I try to let them live longer to get more "applies".
    I'm not looking to take 20 repeats of the same node/team just to get ONE of the feats done.

I honestly wonder if they tested the feats or just pulled numbers from their *****.
  • PS.
    And seriously, how is this something the newer players are EVER going to be able to catch up to when the characters/ships are all short term releases.
    If your NEVER the top tier 5 year, 8 mil player, how do you ever get RC, CAT, Maul, when they will no longer be in the GC by the time the lower players get to that point?
  • s1wl1dt1b1ky.png
    ubzqmbrir310.png
    4x9e1hbdyrke.png

So a 2 week grind fest yields this. At max crate which would’ve demanded a couple hours of gameplay a day and anywhere upwards from 2000+ crystals (minimum) on refreshes and consumables. Not even enough relic material to take one toon up a single relic level. Only half the gear needed for one G12 finisher slot for a toon. Less than a 1/3 for one G11 gear slot.

Now that the resource requirement, grind and time sink is substantially higher, rewards need to be better. These rewards do not even come close to the effort and resource sink now. Absolutely atrocious
  • I am disappointed, but not surprised, by the general lack of communication ... In a Conquest 8 thread, this is the only "real" comment I've seen addressing the next Conquest ...
    Kyno wrote: »
    I imagine that saying, "we are aware of the sentiment, but have no plans to make changes at this time" would be seen as just stoking the fires. Players are going to make the choices they are going to make.

Again, disappointed, but not surprised.
  • I got 15 mk 4 Carbanti Salvage… yay.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I got 15 mk 4 Carbanti Salvage… yay.

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI AHEM….
  • I cleared enough crates to get 70 CAT shards but only received the 20 shards in the highest crate I opened. What a scam
  • Incomiiiing!!!

s6y9c4uu17s7.png
  • Dayomeat wrote: »
    I cleared enough crates to get 70 CAT shards but only received the 20 shards in the highest crate I opened. What a scam

How could you get 70 that wasnt even a reward for cat
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    Dayomeat wrote: »
    I cleared enough crates to get 70 CAT shards but only received the 20 shards in the highest crate I opened. What a scam

How could you get 70 that wasnt even a reward for cat

The max for CAT this go around was 30 plus the extra in the scavenger.
  • Mattysvk
    28 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    So new Conquest is here in 5 days, great. I was really hoping for some break from this forced grind. :D

i am curious, if they really listened to our feedback, because changes are more then necessary.
  • nottenst
    685 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Yeah, the gate on relic 8 mats that has been put in front of the free to play base has many of us ready to quit. My guild leader, a few officers (myself included), and a handful of the members are all going to hang it up if something isn't done to improve conquest and/or make relic 8 mats more attainable. CG... You have royally forked up.

As a f2p with 4x r8 toons and 300+ Aeros, I assure you, the Aeros will be the least of your r8 troubles when you get them on farm.

That "when" is still a few years down the road.

And of course the ultimate insult is now I have to spend more time selling mods in order to get the rewards crate because they don't have a good system for handling mods.
  • Mattysvk wrote: »
    So new Conquest is here in 5 days, great. I was really hoping for some break from this forced grind. :D

i am curious, if they really listened to our feedback, because changes are more then necessary.

Highly unlikely they care about our feedback. However, even if they did, no time to make any meaningful changes before conquest 10.
  • The One Where Everything Was Cranked Up To 11

Opening Thoughts:

I’m actually writing this bit on 8/27 – so I’ve got three-ish days until the event begins. I’m a little annoyed at the faction specific consumables… but I suppose I can survive. I’m going to hold on my expectations for data discs until I actually use them – though I’m happy to see booming voice in the mix. That’s nice. I’m not excited about the energy uptick and I’m significantly annoyed as it seems like a cash grab, more than anything.

The sector bosses don’t seem terrible and seem as though they’ll provide for some interesting fights. I am interested to see what they did with “mini-bosses” and take that on. To me the real bellwether test (to me, at least) lay within the squads we’re going to encounter. I might throw my phone out the window, though, if I see a single Carth or Phoenix team. CG should already know that these battles quit being fun after the original conquest.

The Horror The Humanity:

In my prior conquest writeup, this section was entitled “Where CG Dun’ Goof’d.” There’s a lot to unpack here. At a certain level, I can’t say that I’ve ever felt like CG has antipathy towards their player base… until now. So let’s begin:

You’re gonna nerf characters to make room for more. Fine. I don’t like it – I think its trashing a lot of time folks have put into the game… but whatever. You’re going to load up GC after putting it on hold for a month and canceling it because it isn’t working right… fine. You’re going to give us a conquest with “mini-bosses.” Okay. That sounds great. You’re going to make those mini-boss fights with feats? Yeah. That sounds cool. What’s that? The feats aren’t accomplishable in one battle? You mean I have to go in three times and spend three out of my seven battles that I just refreshed for to get all three feats? Oh. (now, for a variety of reasons – I want it to be known that I thought the Palpatine boss fight was stylistically dope… so good on that) The boss fights are still the same? Umm. I waited a month for that? If someone on my team pulled this… we’d be having a serious sit-down about managing expectations, time-management, and their work product.

Increasing the energy per battle and tying disc management to that (still need a better system/UI, btw) is bad form. When I say bad form, I don’t think it comes across harshly enough. It borders on malfeasance.

It’s not fun anymore.

Where CG Can Improve:

Here’s a thought. Give us a true boss fight. You’ve already said you want Galactic Legends to feel like miniature raid boss battles. So give us that. No seriously. Give us that. Why not introduce raid mechanics into the fight? You already pulled it for a month so you could… well, I don’t know. I do know, however, the boss battles are still flat (Palp notwithstanding). As I stated before in my prior review: an OP Terantek fight would be fun. Fighting a calo nord battle with other bounty hunters would be great. Let me fight the rancor with a 5 minute timer. Give me an acklay fight or let me fight the AAT Just give me something that actually feels like a boss fight and not “here’s a squad that we cranked to 11”

Discs. Give us back deployable cooling systems. Make it a 3 dot disc. Make it an actual question of whether or not that’s the strategy we want to pursue. The overwhelming majority of us had the most fun when we were “breaking” the game. I want more of that. It allowed us to do several things that I thought were great: (1) it allowed us to theorycraft in ways that we don’t elsewhere; (2) it made it so that finding the best counter was less a function of “oh, what’s the counter in game?” and more a function of “oh, I wonder how this will work” and encouraged us to do wacky things, and; (3) made it less of a grind (which I can’t stress enough).

Hard mode tastes like it should have been a tier higher on its own, maybe more aptly entitled “Galactic Conquest: Challenge Mode.” I get the feeling the “new” hard mode was made with Galactic Legends in mind as a “cheat code” to get around phoenix teams that somehow stayed in after the “updating” that happened to conquest. (not that I didn’t beat the phoenix teams – I just can’t stress enough how exasperating each battle was)

Now, to anyone who is reading this and about to turn on caps lock to reply about phoenix: it’s not just phoenix. Those battles are just stupid. And annoying. And stupid. Maul seems like a perfect example where a GL would be a cheat code. Or the Sidious fight. (but again, not mad about Sidious)

What CG Did Right:

This section is going to be brief… because well… there’s not a lot there.

The Darth Sidious fight was great in that Palp legit goes on a tear at the very end. I didn’t expect that and I found myself grinning as he (quickly) dispatched my 501st GAS squad and left only GAS to contend with his onslaught. That was by far… impressive. I’m not even mad about it either.

Parting Thoughts:

It’s 9/13 and I’m 289/375 for crate rewards. I beat Maul. I beat Master Kenobi. I hated nearly every second of it. I have two days left.

Part of me thinks that I should go for the last shards I need to pick up the next crate rewards… but that part of me is infinitesimally small. The larger part of me is considering winding my guild down and going somewhere else that will let me do CPIT and further my relic grind for more GLs or just quitting all together. I’ve had members cite conquest as being the last straw for them and quitting the game all together. To be clear: I love the guild that I worked with others to create so winding it down is still largely unthinkable for me to do… but you’ve made me consider it and I despise you for that.

It’s now 9/15… and I haven’t played it at all in the closing 24 hours. I’m still short of the last chest. I’m not going back to get it though and that’s okay.

If I were giving a grade for this conquest – it would certainly be an F. It wasn’t fun – I had to remind myself to interact with it. It didn’t present any actual incentive for me to keep pushing. In many ways, it was a failure. A failure to listen to the community and a means of promising content but giving us the same stale **** and military surplus peanut butter that was (probably) at one point new and exciting.

I’m not mad about the nerf. After play testing all of the affected parties, I don’t feel as though it really was a nerf so much as it was a “reassignment of unit stats.” Is it annoying? Yeah. Do I still think it bordered on malfeasance? Youbetcha. Did I feel like the nerf and the lack of redesign of conquest negatively affected Conquest in a severe way? OMG. Yes.

I don’t really know where you go from here CG. This Hard Mode goes from relic 4 to relic 8 with your shiny new GL on display for us to hate fighting. My best suggestion would be to create a middle ground for “hard mode” (and capping the relics on bosses at 7) with the same rewards as hard mode and then create a challenge mode that goes from like relic 6 to the soon ™ to be released relic 9 (with rewards such that maxed out rewards would let you unlock the shiny new conquest character without conquest currency). We still need updated boss fights. I’ll stand by that until the end. Giving us some fun teams to fight (read, not Carth or Phoenix) would be great as well.

To be clear: I’m not asking for hard mode to be “easy.” I’m asking for it to make sense for what you’re presenting us with. I think that’s it.

And for the love of porgs everywhere. Mace Windu called and he’s still waiting on his rework.
  • PS.
    And seriously, how is this something the newer players are EVER going to be able to catch up to when the characters/ships are all short term releases.
    If your NEVER the top tier 5 year, 8 mil player, how do you ever get RC, CAT, Maul, when they will no longer be in the GC by the time the lower players get to that point?

It was explained by CG. Conquest characters will be on farm afterwards, a year after their release if i remember correctly. As usual, new players will be fine, they’re in no rush to catch up as they don’t compete against older players.