[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I can't help but to suspect our dev's might have opposed this too.
    They can't have been excited about releasing such an un-tested, over-grind mess.
    Post edited by Rebmes on
  • The_Nev
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    If you told me 18-24 months ago that the community would no longer be complaining about not enough content I would not have believed you lol. We all whined and moaned about the lack of content. But now I cant remember the last time I heard someone actually say "we need more content"

Right now we have so much more to do. Some of community right now is saying there is too much and some of it is kinda grindy.

It really is guys.

Making the challenge tiers simable. That was making something less grindy and giving us back time to grind on other areas of the game like mod farming or working on a sector in conquest for example. Conquest is doubling the time required in the game because its more grindy, You gave us back more time making challenge tier less time consuming and added even more time requirements in another area! So, if you guys are not gonna dial back the energy use and refresh time or consider removing faction feats or maybe moving the faction feats to global feats then can you do it somewhere else in the game please. I miss making content with my alts but I just don't have the time to do it
  • Haha have they locked this thread? I've not seen a new post in 9 hours.
  • Haha have they locked this thread? I've not seen a new post in 9 hours.

When conquest 8 starts I'm sure it'll get going again.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Just enjoying the time off.
  • And another one in my guild left. Good way to hit that increased churn KPI
    Just checking… are these people leaving the game, or leaving your guild?

Because those aren’t the same thing.

We are leaving the game. 5 players in my guild have left the game in the past couple weeks - myself included.

With all of the recent changes, CG has fundamentally changed the game from an engaging Star Wars experience that had nice depth for a mobile game to a more elite, monotonous, time-sucking game that is focused on only a handful of characters or ships. Roster depth only matters now, as it pertains to GLs and Executor. At the time I left, I had those - but that's not the game that I started playing several years ago - and not the one I want to play moving forward.

CG has refused to listen to players who have voiced their concerns and frustrations over this new direction, indicating that this fundamental shift is intentional. That's their prerogative - just like it's players' prerogative to take their gaming time and money elsewhere. Which many are choosing to do. Some of you choose to stay - that's fine too. May the force be with you.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Leaving the game. Sorry for not being clear.
  • Yeah, leaving the game...
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    And another one in my guild left. Good way to hit that increased churn KPI

We are leaving the game. 5 players in my guild have left the game in the past couple weeks - myself included.

With all of the recent changes, CG has fundamentally changed the game from an engaging Star Wars experience that had nice depth for a mobile game to a more elite, monotonous, time-sucking game that is focused on only a handful of characters or ships. Roster depth only matters now, as it pertains to GLs and Executor. At the time I left, I had those - but that's not the game that I started playing several years ago - and not the one I want to play moving forward.

CG has refused to listen to players who have voiced their concerns and frustrations over this new direction, indicating that this fundamental shift is intentional. That's their prerogative - just like it's players' prerogative to take their gaming time and money elsewhere. Which many are choosing to do. Some of you choose to stay - that's fine too. May the force be with you.

Why are you interested on a forum about a game you don't play.

I guess OP had played for years and sometimes severing a relationship is done incrementally.

Between the Road Ahead and the end of Conquest 7, we have had 5 people quit the game entirely. All high GP players (average of 6.5 GP at a guess) with multiple GLs.
  • My first and last post. Been playing since December 2017. Was getting 1st in fleet and squad for over a year until the changes starting in August. There's nothing more to be said that hasn't already been said. Decided I'd leave after the Executor buff in August. Fleet arena was my thing. Kept on slowly decreasing my effort, but the hits just keep coming. I think we all know what they are. Feels like we're in an abusive relationship with CG, and I've had enough and putting in a restraining order. This isn't a game. Chorequest was the last straw. 144 energy? Eh... I just can't bring myself to play it. This so-called game has become a 2nd job. I was only hanging on to lock Executor as I just missed it last time. So I have that now, I'm done, and I've never been happier to stop playing a "game." Looking forward to all the free time I'll have! So yeah, the mass exodus is real.

• AlexanderG wrote: »

Between the Road Ahead and the end of Conquest 7, we have had 5 people quit the game entirely. All high GP players (average of 6.5 GP at a guess) with multiple GLs.

Yeah, I’ve not seen anything like this during all my years playing this. I’m at the fence of quitting too now, just unlocked Executor but don’t really see anything worth striving for given that CG seems to be doubling down on their new “no fun allowed”-policy

I literally quit yesterday. But thank you for your concern.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

Just because he stopped played doesn’t mean he can’t still interact with the community. Maybe he even is hoping the devs decide to run back some of these awful decisions and could decide to make a return?

Better yet, what difference does it make to you?
  • I would rather have hard conquest cost 1000 crystals to enter and be like it used to be than to waste time grinding away at these new feats.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Just because he stopped played doesn’t mean he can’t still interact with the community. Maybe he even is hoping the devs decide to run back some of these awful decisions and could decide to make a return?

Better yet, what difference does it make to you?

While I appreciate the thoughts, I have no plans of returning. My points were simply to provide feedback as to why many players are leaving.

In the 5 and half years I have played this game, there have been a few "points of departure" for players, but this time around is unique. Other times it was a single character or requirements for GLs or mods, but this time, the combination of nerfs to non-GL teams, the introduction of Executor, and the multiple changes to Conquest combine to signify and implement a significant change to the game on a fundamental level - a type of change to the entirety of the game, all it's modes and it's direction moving forward that had not been previously enacted.

To sum up, many players feel, in the words of Padme, that CG is simply "going down a path I cannot follow".

• Our guild just lost 3 of our best players. They quit the game because of the changes, and they were really active and involved players. It was already hard to find good players, but it becomes more and more difficult now, resulting in guilds breaking up. Thanks CG for just destroying everything people have been building up in the last years.
  • Its weird. We haven’t had anyone leave and only seem to have people wanting join our guild.
    We must be getting the people that have left because they are in a guild that doesn’t complete crancor and conquest was probably the only avenues of r8 material.
    🤔
  • I guess I'm very lucky since no one in my guild has retired in the last one month yet.
  • Members in my guild just became less active

The bright side is it seems easier to climb up in squad arena ranking these day
  • Seriously? I can't even begin to express myself in anything approximating a "professional" manner, at this bone-headed repeat of the abomination that was Conquest 7.

Well done. You've "innovated" yourself into deafness it seems.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Seriously? I can't even begin to express myself in anything approximating a "professional" manner, at this bone-headed repeat of the abomination that was Conquest 7.

Well done. You've "innovated" yourself into deafness it seems.

Welcome back to Grindquest.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Got to say personally this Conquest was the worst so far - too many different achievements to get many that were impossible because I didn't have the teams needed for specific "do this with Phoenix". I found the old achievements like Thermal Detonators un-fun but achievable. Some of these were just impossible for me where previously I'd gotten the top box each conquest.

I don't mind the events every few days requiring different tags, some of which I can do some of which I can't. Conquest shouldn't follow this pattern as it happens too infrequently and has heavy RNG in the cards you get etc. I would like to see more goals achievable by multiple teams, not ones that specify teams like Phoenix, Bad Batch etc.

Conquest can be improved, this was the opposite of an improvement.
  • Which feat specifies using a Phoenix team?

It's in Sector One (Hard mode): Defeat 30 units with Phoenix Squadron units.

Kalikori only specifies defeating 30 units with Phoenix Squadron units. You don't need a full team to do this.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    Which feat specifies using a Phoenix team?

Kalikori only specifies defeating 30 units with Phoenix Squadron units. You don't need a full team to do this.

Thanks - this was the point I was aiming to make.

I'm on 20/30 already on that feat, just through using Ezra