[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Options
    bdontknow wrote: »
    You giving folks back the crystals they used? You should.

There is a Dev post that covers all this. The one that says conquest is cancelled. Yes, they are refunding crystals.
  • Options
    Horrible horrible horrible. Most players completed the old ones in the first couple days? Really? How many hours do they want us to spend on this, this new conquest feels more like a second job except for the small issue that this pays $0.

I really enjoyed the conquest mode too. I thought it was balanced and the time it took just about perfect. I get the feeling CG decided to retool this conquest based upon what the top 2% of players are able to accomplish.
  • Options
    I don't care about my crystals, but they better let me keep those Razor Crest shards. I refreshed my energy just to get those shards when I saw that there were only 10 minutes left of Conquest.
  • Options
    This is extremely disappointing…. Mainly cause it’s just the latest example of ineptitude… really questioning my spending habits after this latest round of amateurism…
  • Options
    Congratulations CG! You have succeeded in your goal of making Conquest not fun. You took a game mode that was positively received and enjoyable and managed to turn it into a grindy chore. You saw all the feedback and suggestions from the past Conquests and rather than act on any of it (Boss feat tracking UI anyone?), you made changes to address your concerns that players were having too much fun and getting too many rewards.

The only thing you changed in response to our feedback, the Data Disk swapping cost, you managed to turn into a big middle finger to the players by making it cost energy and then jacking up the energy costs per battle and jacking up the number of repeat battles needed to earn rewards by a substantial margin. Coupled with the numerous faction and character dependent feats, ranging from garbage characters people don't want to gear to the shiny brand new characters most players don't have, it's clear you got tired of us earning rewards and having fun and decided to take both away.

On top of it all, you kept Conquest (again a game mode most people enjoyed thoroughly) down for several extra weeks to make these changes, and then you were incompetent in the implementation, necessitating that the event be canceled several hours in because so much of what you added was not working. Even things that were not new managed to break such as the Hard Mode nodes only giving 10 currency instead of 20.

I can't see this as anything other than a desperate cash grab that ruined a perfectly good game mode. CG please change my mind. Please show us you care about the player experience. Fix this!
  • Options
    o5gk098hispq.png

Bringing this over from the closed thread.

I absolutely agree that management is mostly responsible for all the problems over the past twoish months. Probably to the tune of 75-80 percent. That said the fleet mission bug and the wrong rewards are both examples of bugs that shouldn’t have escaped a sanity pass let alone a full testing pass that conquest should have gotten in the case of the rewards bug.

Those particular bugs can’t be blamed largely on management though they clearly are examples that management is screwing up so much it is impacting the quality of both the development and testing teams.

I sympathize with both teams. It’s not easy meeting unrealistic expectations set by management but you can’t cut the basics of your job.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

In all honesty, we know it’s not you guys. We get it that player spending pays the bills. But the changes to conquest are sucking the life out of one of the best game modes.

Win 14 battles with x team, the worst part of conquest. I like more feats, but repeatable chore type feats are not fun. Theory crafting feats, or fun to achieve feats are great.

More energy per attempt, not a fan.

Bugs happen, but play testing must be a behind the scenes issue.

To sum up, so many of us love the game, and want to keep playing for a long time. Go tell the man behind the curtain that he needs to listen to the player base. Whales and ftp can enjoy this mode, and it’s possible to monetize it without killing it.

Thanks for your hard work, and dealing with all of us unappreciative players. We know you can make this game great.
  • Options
    Sympathize all you guys would like… Thank god their job isn’t keeping people safe… could you imagine if ea/cg was in charge of keeping something in the air or floating on water? Performing surgery? Blame probably shouldn’t fall on individual workers… this is shameful management…
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

In all honesty, we know it’s not you guys. We get it that player spending pays the bills. But the changes to conquest are sucking the life out of one of the best game modes.

Win 14 battles with x team, the worst part of conquest. I like more feats, but repeatable chore type feats are not fun. Theory crafting feats, or fun to achieve feats are great.

More energy per attempt, not a fan.

Bugs happen, but play testing must be a behind the scenes issue.

To sum up, so many of us love the game, and want to keep playing for a long time. Go tell the man behind the curtain that he needs to listen to the player base. Whales and ftp can enjoy this mode, and it’s possible to monetize it without killing it.

Thanks for your hard work, and dealing with all of us unappreciative players. We know you can make this game great.

That was well said. Comments like these take away a bit of the negativity of such threads.
  • Options
    It's pretty simple, really.
    People mainly do Conquest for those aeromagnifiers, and their guild isn't good enough to do CPit. They love their guild, but they also want to grind for Executor and they want to grind for JMK to help with CPit.

Given that the difficulty behind Conquest is just that much tougher, it would only make sense to extend the R8 materials so that T4 chest gets 5 aeromagnifiers. T5 chest gets 10 aeromagnifiers. T6 chest gets 15 aeromagnifiers. T7 chest gets 20 aeromagnifiers. I'm very certain this will change a lot of people's opinion of Conquest and help make the game mode more enjoyable.

Even nerf the other aspect of the rewards and try to keep to the R8 materials. It's about the R8 materials that's triggering everyone, so this would probably be a great change on top of all those patches for the bugs you are experiencing.
  • Options
    Please give us 3 Clone Wars Chewie shards as compensation, I'm in desperate need of shard shop currency.
  • Options
    I didn't notice the bugs. What I did notice, is the amount of R8 materials I have access to now....which is btw, 0.
  • Options
    Dang you guys sure got those nerfs nailed on the first try but can't figure out how to code Conquest correctly. 😂 Pathetic.

Not even, with the nerf update they accidentally reverted the character designs back to the Ugly GAS and the old B1 and B2 models.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Please give us 3 Clone Wars Chewie shards as compensation, I'm in desperate need of shard shop currency.

Anything to help get me closer to 7 stars. He's so OP, honestly idk why he didn't get nerfed with the others. He's the real Galactic Legend killer if you ask me
  • Options
    Hey, while you're fixing it, maybe make it at least possible to finish CAT. Some of us are 80 shards away, and knew we could finish her with the 2nd highest crate and 3 event purchases. Now it's not looking like there are even going to be enough shards available in the entire event, let alone enough time to finish all your shiny new feats that require R8 bounty hunters.
  • Options
    Did not enjoy the changes. Made me feel like not trying.Dashed my hopes of getting the Executor.
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    Options
    So first they screw up TB and cost some guilds a star or two by them not being able to complete a Fleet battle. What did we get for that? Oh nothing except them saying they are working on fixing it as soon as possible.

Now conquest finally returns after being delayed on purpose and guess what?!?! It's completely broken and what will CG do to make it up to the community? Absolutely nothing.

They could of given like 500 of each GET currency and 1 or 2 Wat tambor shards as an apology to the community for the TB fleet battle screw up and that would of went a long way to at least make the community feel like CG is actually sorry for the inconvenience.

Conquest canceled..... then refund any crystals used by players to purchase conquest energy, give out some gear, mods and relic salvage as an apology..........What will they do to apologize to the community? Absolutely nothing yet again.....

You've brought in over a BILLION dollars from this game alone and yet games that don't even make millions of dollars apologize to their community in such a way that it should honestly make you guys feel embarrassed that you don't do the same. Keep this kind of stuff up and this game is going to crash and burn long before you think.

• Options
    I spent 100 crystals and almost got almost half way through the second part of th 1st zone. I am super salty at their CAT blocking nonsense as well. I can not believe I unlocked Kenobi before CAT. Frustrating
  • Options
    We often joke that CG doesn't test anything within the community... this CONFIRMS they don't test anything IMO (or their current testers are completely incompetent).

I can forgive 1 or 2 bugs creeping in here and there, that happens in games. But, the number of bugs AND how GLARINGLY obvious half of them were this time around to me just confirms that they don't bother to test anything. You would only need to play conquest for 10 mins to realise there was a laundry list of bugs this time around and I would expect, on a game mode that is now meant to take us a 'full two weeks' (and be boring and mind-numbingly repetitive - way to ruin ANOTHER game mode...), ATLEAST an hours testing which I can only imagine, with the slightest level of competency, would pick up that this round of conquest was not working as intended.

PLEASE TEST YOUR GAME CG.

PS. Great advantage for those who rushed ahead and were able to pick up RC/CAT/Maul shards and then get all their crystals back, way to disadvantage everyone else AGAIN CG...
  • Options
    Will there be be compensation in general for this conquest? Also compensation for crystals spent on conquest while speeding through it? Would be so nice
  • Options
    Conquest was supposed to be fun and engaging. It isnt
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I just want to make sure that the issue with Jango's zeta vs. Imp Troopers is on your list. I put that in another thread, but yeah: BH dependent feats where the zeta of one of the most important toons in the faction isn't working is, as they say, Bad™.

"revive cannot be prevented" from Endless Ranks will trump "cannot be revived" from Jango.
    Yes, but Gideon’s lead revive is also trumping Jango when it shouldn’t be. That’s not marked as unpreventable.

Neither is GAS lead. I reported that over 2 conquests ago and they didn't fix it.
  • Options
    What if they made every new conquest an additional mode, which is "speed run." 24 hrs only. No refunds. Go as far as you want. Bugs are an understood risk.

So, you have the established conquest every month, then during the off week you have the 24 hr speed run event. Make each player able to start their clock when they want.

You get all the test data and bug reports you want, and worst case, whales spend obscene crystals to get max crate and early unlock of toons at an even higher price than you could have gotten out of them.
  • Options
    15-30 cat shards is kinda a low blow. Then only looking like possibly another 40 from purchases. Definitely a kick below the belt.