GAC Matchmaking and leagues

Schwubb
26 posts Member
edited August 2021
GAC is my favorite mode in this game but i rarely get matched against players at a similar skill level.
Also the top Players kinda never get matched against each other. After first 6 battles i was at rank 100 and after i won another 3 battles i still sit at rang 100.it kinda feels like top ppl stay where they are and everyone wins every round because they dont fight each other. so its just kinda who gets the easiest defence to get the most offensive banners.
But i think with a small adjustment of the leagues it could be fixed very easy.

As far as i know matchmaking is based on your division, your x top chars gm and the league you are currently in. Division and top gm is both based on gm. the league could be based on your actuall skill or win lose rate, but... it doenst.
Lets take a look at what points u change the leagues in division 2 (my division).

Bronzium at 6,900
Chromium at 16,200
Aurodium at 34,100
Kyber at 51,400
Setting defense (or autodef) will get you 1348 points.
Full clear will get you bit more then 3000 and a win gives you extra 2000 and well even if u dont care you will do some feats by accident.

Everybody obviosly starts at 0 points in carbonite and u kinda just get matched by top chars gm and i think thats kinda fine.

If you do not fight any battle you will still get minimum of 3x autodef and sit at about 4k points.
if you full clear everytime but loose every match u still get about 9k points and will reach bronzium.
Fullclear and win every match you will be at about 15k so you reach bronzium but its not enough for chromium.

The next matchmaking round starts and everyone will still be in the same league except ppl who autodef and loose every round. But the ppl who win 100% will still match against ppl with 100% loose.

if you would get forced into chromium with 3 full clear wins you would get matched next round against ppl that also sit at top and it could get interesting but nope everybody is in the same league when matchmaking kicks in.

Next 3 rounds and if u win every round and full clear you will be higher as 30k and might get into aurodium but if you hold your feats u can bypass it and still chill in chromium for the next round. if you lost 6 /6 rounds but full cleared you got about 18k and well u will be in the same pool as ppl with 6 wins. Even if u didnt full clear every battle u should be in chromium with 6 lossed cause of some easy feats.

imo after every round, the top ppl should be forced into the next league so they get matched against each other. you dont have to change the whole matchmaking, just change the entery points of leagues and gac would be way more interesting.

thx for reading

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Rewards aren’t setup this way.

Is it right for someone who went 3-0 to be put in that Uber bracket and then get last place, when they could have went 2-1 and put in a much easier bracket and went 2-1 again?

The end of bracket rewards would need to be all moved to end of GAC rewards so that person who went 3-0 then 0-3 would be higher than 2-1 and 2-1.
  • Well after first few battles there will still be many ppl in top bracket and not just the Uber cracks. Also it will balance later. If you loose a fight in Uber bracket then u will get Lower next time.
    Also If you won every fight then u should not be afraid playing against ppl that also won every fight.
  • Schwubb wrote: »
    Well after first few battles there will still be many ppl in top bracket and not just the Uber cracks. Also it will balance later. If you loose a fight in Uber bracket then u will get Lower next time.
    Also If you won every fight then u should not be afraid playing against ppl that also won every fight.

It actually won’t balance later, you would have lost rewards that you will never recover.

A “world ladder” method could work but rewards would need to be completely redone.
  • Well u say u will loose every fight if u play against ppl that score the same as you did and that's just not true. You can still win 3-0 in second round or 2-1 after first 3 wins.
    A world ladder would be very nice but it would be a pretty big change and we'll we all know Cg don't like that big changes :)
    Schwubb wrote: »
    Well after first few battles there will still be many ppl in top bracket and not just the Uber cracks. Also it will balance later. If you loose a fight in Uber bracket then u will get Lower next time.

It actually won’t balance later, you would have lost rewards that you will never recover.

A “world ladder” method could work but rewards would need to be completely redone.