Why isn’t DSTB comp for all?

Jpfit262
519 posts Member
edited August 2021
I get lower power guilds may have missed out on a star … but higher power guilds could have also missed out a gear and the way the reward structure works there is a chance the crystal payout is exactly the same +/- 1 star. The GET currency is obviously different in the award structure. But 500 crystals for ALL should have been the comp because everyone was effected no matter the guild size.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • Nauros
    5135 posts Member
    On one hand, guilds that got 3* in that territory anyway couldn't get any more. On the other hand, this is new level of cheap when it comes to compensations from CG.
  • You can’t buy they gear you get in better rewards boxes for 500 crystals. Not for me anyway. I’d need 2800 crystals to get close to the gear higher gear box.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I get lower power guilds may have missed out on a star … but higher power guilds could have also missed out a gear and the way the reward structure works there is a chance the crystal payout is exactly the same +/- 1 star. The GET currency is obviously different in the award structure. But 500 crystals for ALL should have been the comp because everyone was effected no matter the guild size.
    Sorry, how could “higher power guilds missed out a gear”? What does this mean?

    Why should a guild who got 32* in the whole TB be compensated for something that made no difference to their prizes?
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I get lower power guilds may have missed out on a star … but higher power guilds could have also missed out a gear and the way the reward structure works there is a chance the crystal payout is exactly the same +/- 1 star. The GET currency is obviously different in the award structure. But 500 crystals for ALL should have been the comp because everyone was effected no matter the guild size.
    Sorry, how could “higher power guilds missed out a gear”? What does this mean?

    Why should a guild who got 32* in the whole TB be compensated for something that made no difference to their prizes?

    The same reason every other company compensates players when things don’t work the way they should. Have you ever played another game in your life? All other mobile game companies would compensate the players for their error.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I get lower power guilds may have missed out on a star … but higher power guilds could have also missed out a gear and the way the reward structure works there is a chance the crystal payout is exactly the same +/- 1 star. The GET currency is obviously different in the award structure. But 500 crystals for ALL should have been the comp because everyone was effected no matter the guild size.
    Sorry, how could “higher power guilds missed out a gear”? What does this mean?

    Why should a guild who got 32* in the whole TB be compensated for something that made no difference to their prizes?

    The same reason every other company compensates players when things don’t work the way they should. Have you ever played another game in your life? All other mobile game companies would compensate the players for their error.

    Your argument went from "but gear!" to "other companies would give the compensation regardless!"

    So which is it? Did guilds who maxed out the sector lose out on gear magically or is it just because a different game would give compensation no matter what is reason enough?
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I get lower power guilds may have missed out on a star … but higher power guilds could have also missed out a gear and the way the reward structure works there is a chance the crystal payout is exactly the same +/- 1 star. The GET currency is obviously different in the award structure. But 500 crystals for ALL should have been the comp because everyone was effected no matter the guild size.
    Sorry, how could “higher power guilds missed out a gear”? What does this mean?

    Why should a guild who got 32* in the whole TB be compensated for something that made no difference to their prizes?

    The same reason every other company compensates players when things don’t work the way they should. Have you ever played another game in your life? All other mobile game companies would compensate the players for their error.
    I certainly haven’t played them all, but you obviously have so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge.

    I think the compensation they have chosen is totally over the top, of course, but I don’t understand what the OP means about higher power guilds. My guild - and your’s - got exactly the same rewards we usually got. We didn’t miss out on anything.
  • Vendi1983
    4908 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    "We're recalling all Toyota Camry owners for an airbag fault. Affected customers will be provided a rental car during the repair period"

    "I don't own a Camry, why am I not getting a rental car? I demand compensation."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    These types of compensations are usually based on data or information they have. I dont think there is any data to support that a guild getting 3 stars there is in any way affected by a bug that was limited to that area.

    This is not to say they shouldn't give compensation to all when they mess up, just to point out that saying a guild could have missed out on something even though they got 3 stars, seems inaccurate.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    They should only give compensation to those it affected, how is this even a question.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    It's not like this is a billion dollar game. GET1 currency doesn't grow on trees! /sarcasm
  • TVF wrote: »
    They should only give compensation to those it affected, how is this even a question.

    Just because a guild got 3* in the zone doesn’t mean they weren’t affected… Didn't impact the payout, sure, but doesn’t mean it didn’t make their TB more challenging/stressful.
  • TVF
    31648 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    They should only give compensation to those it affected, how is this even a question.

    Just because a guild got 3* in the zone doesn’t mean they weren’t affected… Didn't impact the payout, sure, but doesn’t mean it didn’t make their TB more challenging/stressful.

    Doesn't mean it did either.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of the change to the shipment tab. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If they used the time of the person who sorts out exactly who to give compensation to as testing time, then they wouldn't need to sort out compensation so much.
  • DSTB compensation is not for all because they apparently do not mind causing inconvenience to their customers.
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    They should only give compensation to those it affected, how is this even a question.

    Just because a guild got 3* in the zone doesn’t mean they weren’t affected… Didn't impact the payout, sure, but doesn’t mean it didn’t make their TB more challenging/stressful.

    Doesn't mean it did either.

    Right. My argument was that the metric they chose was the wrong one to determine impact. They’ve got access to a lot more data than just who 3 starred vs didn’t.
Sign In or Register to comment.