Gear grind

Jc181
2 posts Member
edited September 2021
Since December of 2020, the talk of geat grind change was coming. I have held out as long as I can for that change. With the latest requirements needed for GL Vader, or any GL for that matter, I have become tired of playing and wasting 500+ energy for 4 pieces of gear salvage. CHANGES ARE NEEDED!!! Especially for players who just want to play. I for one am ready to quit once again, seeing as 90% of the game pretty much all players can't experience until either playing for 4 years minimum or spending $10,000 just to get caught up. I hope that the so called promises are kept, but I've lost general interest in even picking up the game any further personally.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    CG isnt interested in helping with the gear economy....its frustration mechanics that are designed to make you want to spend....You have 3 options. Quit, pay for gear or grind it out.

CG doesn't go by what they say, so don't believe anything until it happens.....which is why the Q&A's went away.

I used to think that CG listened to player feedback( a very long time ago)...but they most surely don't...as this conquest ( and many other examples) displays.

Insert "everything you said is wrong meme".

I would but it's not worth the effort.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG isnt interested in helping with the gear economy....its frustration mechanics that are designed to make you want to spend....You have 3 options. Quit, pay for gear or grind it out.

CG doesn't go by what they say, so don't believe anything until it happens.....which is why the Q&A's went away.

I used to think that CG listened to player feedback( a very long time ago)...but they most surely don't...as this conquest ( and many other examples) displays.

What did he say that’s wrong? CG has done nothing but make an already bad gear situation worse. Since they were supposedly looking at it, doesn’t that tell us all we need to know? That they didn’t think it was bad enough?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I don’t believe they think CG adding Kyros counts as helping the gear economy. But what did they say that was wrong?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    I have no idea whether or not everything @Iy4oy4s said is wrong or not; I'm in no position to judge. Having said that, I feel there is a major difference between a company that makes a great deal of money by putting out a superior product that people want and backing that up with quality control and excellent customer service, and a company that capitalizes on a market advantage, such as control of an unusually desirable IP, and uses that to extract as much profit out of its market as it can despite a lack of quality control, responsive customer service or any semblance of respect for its clientele. Now I'm a patient individual, and understand that a company has to make money to stay in operation. I've not been one to react particularly negatively to changes to the game that I've not particularly liked, because I'm willing to accept that nothing is going to be handed to me and the company has to keep the lights on. This last month, however, for reasons that have been discussed extensively elsewhere, has caused me to seriously question CG's motives and intent going forward.

Because of this, I don't think it's an unreasonable request that CG do SOMETHING to ease the gear crunch. As so many have said, with the drastic increase in the gear needed for a toon or squad to be viable, being forced to still deal with the same bottlenecks we've been dealing with for years while a seemingly never ending array of new bottlenecks are added, is more than a bit ridiculous. Is it possible to advance even with things as they are; of course it is. But it's not particularly fun and, while I may be in the minority here, I think a game should be fun.
  • unalignedFU
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I've been playing for about 8 months. I've watched a lot of videos and i think I'm pretty efficient with gear and credits and mods and all of that. I'm happy with my account so far, finish top 5 in fleet arena so pretty good with crystal income.
    The thing that bothers me the most is that gear 8 characters are useless. i need the same gear for gear 8 characters as i need for gear 11 characters. I want to build new teams but if i do that they'll get stuck at g 8/9 and I won't have gear for my higher level toons. gear 8/9 characters don't help me in any way.
    I want to improve my arena team, and my pilots, and build new teams, chase a galactic legend, do better in conquest, do better in gac, get to higher tiers in assault battles. there's a lot to do in this game, but the gear grind saps the fun out of it because i don't feel like I'm making any progress.
    I know this is a resource management game, and that collecting toons and gear IS the game, but i wish it was a little easier to get my roster to gear 12. because that's where the game really starts. character shards were accelerated, but gear income was not.
    When people talk about the gear crunch they're usually referring to stun guns, stun cuffs, and carbantis. the kyrotechs and eyeballs are bad too, but they're less common at lower gear tiers so they don't bother me as much.
    If I could have 1 wish granted by CG it would be to add stun guns and stun cuffs to the daily challenges. a lot of characters need carbantis and hypo syringes too, but since i get them from challenges the rate that I acquire them feels fine. If I need more I can farm them, or buy them from shops, but having a steady supply allows me to be content with my need for them.
    Stun guns and stun cuffs are the bane of my existence. I unlock a new toon after months of farming,and level them up to... gear 8. great. to get general kenobi up to gear 9 he needs 200 carbantis and 100 stun guns... its actually the stun guns that bother me. the challenges award mark IV stun guns.. why? i have 1500 of them... useless. so kenobi got stuck at gear 8 and has been sitting there for a month now... because i have to prioritize pilots or I'll lose my crystal income in fleet.
    I know that building an account is all about choosing what to invest in: factions, toons, ships, etc. but I've reached the point were its actually better for me to NOT play, rather than work on my roster. log in, do dailies, collect rewards, log out. rinse and repeat for a week, and now i have enough gear to work on 1 character. In fact, the only reason I'm typing all of this is because I'm out of stun guns/cuffs so there's no way for me to work on my roster, except to level characters up to gear 7/8, which aren't a good investment.
    TLDR: I don't mind grinding for gear 12/13 because those characters are useful, but the lower gear tiers need to be easier to get because they are not useful. IMO adding stun guns and stun cuffs to daily challenges is the easiest way to keep rosters progressing at a fun rate- for new players who live in a world of relics.
    sorry for the long post.
    Post edited by unalignedFU on