Setting expectations....

Reddplague
766 posts Member
edited April 2016
I've been playing games from CG for a while. When ever they have an announcement the player base going CRAZY with theory's. It's been my experience that dev's and players have total different expectations. What does something "big" really mean? Giving 20 shards that's big. Or, extending the Yoda event that's big. I would just expect some small token to distract the player base until the next release.

Replies

• Options
    What do I think is big? Ships or guilds or a new game mode.

What do the devs think is big? A new way to get those new gear items.

What will it most likely be? The latter.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I just posted my thought on what it might be .. A Big Deal .. Free Finn for the release. He is a big deal in the resistance after all
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just posted my thought on what it might be .. A Big Deal .. Free Finn for the release. He is a big deal in the resistance after all

That would be cool, I only need 77 more shards to 7*.
  • Options

I thought you know everything?!

Well we'll see in a few hours.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I thought you know everything?!

Well we'll see in a few hours.

lol - you're killing it today (or tomorrow, where you are).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

lol, sadly this is true. The sooner ppl realize this the better off the players will be. I believe everything CG does is calculated and planned but only to look like mistakes.
  • Options
    I speak to many of the Guild leaders and members and let me say this, people are on the fence in large numbers on this game and this, along with the new meta change will determine whether they stay. Trust me when I say these players are spenders in this game and EA/CG won't want to lose them....
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    I've been playing games from CG for a while. When ever they have an announcement the player base going CRAZY with theory's. It's been my experience that dev's and players have total different expectations. What does something "big" really mean? Giving 20 shards that's big. Or, extending the Yoda event that's big. I would just expect some small token to distract the player base until the next release.

Yeah, their big surprise with last week's release was the Yoda challenge which half of the player base has already completed. I would expect some new type of money grab if leveling your team to level 80 was not a big enough of one already.
  • Options
    This will be a big determining factor for if I continue to spend money on this game or not. I sincerely hope it's good.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Foomerang wrote: »
    This will be a big determining factor for if I continue to spend money on this game or not. I sincerely hope it's good.

I think I am done spending money. This will determine whether I keep playing or if you can stick a fork in me because I am done.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    Foomerang wrote: »

I think I am done spending money. This will determine whether I keep playing or if you can stick a fork in me because I am done.

If they add a new game mode, I will not have problem supporting them with my wallet. But if it's just more numbers going up, that does not justify a financial investment. Fo r me at least.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Or both?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Hoping its not guilds, that doesnt really add NEW content to play.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    well, let's consider what has happened so far, after the level cap and gear increase there was outrage and a very bad backlash from the players here on the forum.

EA_Jesse tried to calm people down a bit and said there would be ways to get more gear.

shortly afterward on friday's community update he hinted that there would be something big? My guess would be that it was a response to all the complaints to gears and a quick fix to calm down unhappy players. Most likely an answer to the gear problem, either purchasable gear packs, a gear exchange shop or a new challenge to get the missing gears. Please remember the announcement was made during the whole gear increase backlash.

I think ships/guilds would most likely be hyped for weeks in advanced and not dropped 2 days after the announcement.

• Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Or both?

Or neither?

Maybe they're increasing the size of all the character models
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    Diraan wrote: »

Or both?

Or neither?

Qui gons lightsaber is too small
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Hoping its not guilds, that doesnt really add NEW content to play.

We don't know that. In fact, many suspect if they do add guilds it will almost have to include some new method of gameplay.

Sadly, I think cosmisturtle is probably right. The announcement will probably be something along the lines of a new way to obtain the vast amounts of gear the higher levels will now require.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »

Or both?

Or neither?

Qui gons lightsaber is too small

Light saber envy is a sad thing... :'(

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    well, let's consider what has happened so far, after the level cap and gear increase there was outrage and a very bad backlash from the players here on the forum.

EA_Jesse tried to calm people down a bit and said there would be ways to get more gear.

shortly afterward on friday's community update he hinted that there would be something big? My guess would be that it was a response to all the complaints to gears and a quick fix to calm down unhappy players. Most likely an answer to the gear problem, either purchasable gear packs, a gear exchange shop or a new challenge to get the missing gears. Please remember the announcement was made during the whole gear increase backlash.

I think ships/guilds would most likely be hyped for weeks in advanced and not dropped 2 days after the announcement.

It is good to look at context but what was said was that there would be something big on monday. That could very likely mean that they are going to announce something big, not implement something big. If that is the case, ships are still on the table (so to speak).
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Light saber envy is a sad thing... :'(

Yes, yes it is.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Chef5 wrote: »

It is good to look at context but what was said was that there would be something big on monday. That could very likely mean that they are going to announce something big, not implement something big. If that is the case, ships are still on the table (so to speak).

a mod in another thread just said that it was likely to be an announcement, so fridays announcement was for another announcement, lol.

but yes, if this is the case there's a chance that it may have to do with ships.
  • Options
    Yes! A announcement to announce another announcement for a later date, lol.
  • Options
    We NEED:

- guilds
    - Gear shop
    - Ability mats shop
    - more content

That's what would be big for me
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    According to the guy that runs SWGOH.GG, it isn't going to be ships. He doesn't release any info unless it is announced so I don't think he will ruin the surprise. Hmm, Now I am stumped. I don't think it would be guilds and a gear shop is just lazy (and not content).
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    IT WAS A TEASER TRAILOR Good luck people
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, rancor. I would imagine raids are coming.
  • Options
    Teaser dropped, megathread created, feel free to continue your discussion there =)

Closing this.
This discussion has been closed.