Sector 5 inflict death mark isn’t working

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I wasn’t being any of those things. When I posted this was a separate thread, when a perfectly good one already existed.

Now it’s merged, and it looks as though I’ve directed someone to the very thread he posted in.

Ahhhh. Well then….lovely mergers. Point still stands though overall. This conquest is just a nightmare
    No debate here. Enjoyed getting CAT at cost of 0 crystals. No chance on earth I’ll even unlock Maul after 3 conquests.

At the 2nd best crate I’ll get him in 6 conquests. I’ll pour resources into Executor at this point. Zero incentive to go all out in conquest. Ridiculous how they ruined this game mode
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Dal_Zuba wrote: »
    w1kuwnlv7cj7.png

Apparently undispellable debuffs don’t count towards feat progress.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • The problem here is basically easy:
    DR inflicts the debuff. What sense it would make for the enemy leader to self debuff? Harakiri?

Its just another bug basically to be added to the list.

This feat probably will require the taunt disc and Stormtrooper/or Imperial Remnant team or tons of restarts. Kind of sounds unfun especially considering DR is the king of Deathmark.

The thing what disturbs me the most - not difficult the blocking fights (mandalorians, bb etc), but endless repeating stuff and taking fun away from the game...
  • LordOfVoids
    41 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I used Darth Revan on sector 5 on hard which 1 feat is to inflict deathmark 10 times. I inflicted deathmark twice due to Darth Revan lead. It shows I did 0 deathmarks.
  • There’s a whole other thread on this. Even though DR’s kit doesn’t say so, CG claims that the enemy is inflicting it on themselves. AKA another bug that CG is trying to pass the buck on
  • It's hard to say this one is WAI. I understand and have the mechanic of expose, thermals, etc if that damage kills the character it isn't the character who triggered it as killing the enemy. It's the same reason you will never get a kill X when you kill magnaguard unless you multi hit him because he take a bonus turn and kills himself.

But this feat state inflict deathmark. It doesn't state inflict deathmark with an ally character. Whether it's deathtrooper inflicting it or the enemy leader inflicting it, deathmark is being inflicted which is what the feat states.
  • So only 1 toon can inflict deathmark right now? Death Trooper
  • So only 1 toon can inflict deathmark right now? Death Trooper

Precisely. Which is the narrative for this conquest; insanely repetitive and exclusive feats
  • Does the deathmark from DR count as inflict deathmark for the feat in sector 5? I inflicted it, but it didn't count (but I also lost the battle, so maybe that was the problem although the feat doesn't say that I need to win the battle)
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is similar to DoTs not counting for death.

DR "is not applying it" the enemy leader is applying it to themselves.

But it's DR's leader ability applying it. No different from DT applying it with his special. If DR wasn't in the battle as the leader, then there'd be no death mark. So you can't say he isn't applying it. The longer this conquest goes on the more CG's logic is shown to be flawed.
    gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

Argue all you want it’s how the game mechanics work

Yes, the game mechanics are illogical and heavily, deeply flawed. That's not an argument. That's a stated fact. CG should have reworded the feat to be "inflict X deathmarks with Death Trooper" since he's the only toon in the game who can inflict deathmark, apparently. Might as well just stick his name right on it. Not doing so implies multiple toons can do it and we know now that that's false.

Someone needs to go back to game design school bc apparently CG have created a game where a large percentage of "kills" are just enemies committing suicide.

For now… we might get others in the future so it’s future proofing

But almost each sector has feats that only <= 2 units can do

Sector 1 - Potency down (GMY / Young Lando)
    Sector 3- Frenzy (Bistan / Bossk)
    Sector 5 - Deathmark (Deathtrooper)

It’s intentional, so I wouldn’t call it illogical or flawed - they know what they are doing

There's actually a consumable that gives your entire team frenzy. Not sure if that would count but it would be interesting to test.

It works - some in my guild used it

It’s 75 crystals for the consumable so it’s a matter of refreshing 2x ~ 4x or going for the consumable
  • Maybe the problem is that it's an undispellable debuff and not that DR is not inflicting it, because there have been problems with that as well
  • Agree with all of the above... If they are implying that they are inflicting it on themselves is beyond STUPID...

Without our allied units inflicting damage on their leader, damage to under 50% health they would not recieve the inflicted deathmark.. also without Darth Revan in the leader slot, it would not apply... So by this, implies we chose to use Darth Revan as leader and did the damage, therefore inflicted a deathmark.. QUALITY TEST YOUR PRODUCTS....
  • Same, it did not count and I do not see why.. Anyway I am doing it with deathtrooper :/
  • There have been threads on this already. DR’s deathmark doesn’t count.
    There’s a whole other thread on this. Even though DR’s kit doesn’t say so, CG claims that the enemy is inflicting it on themselves. AKA another bug that CG is trying to pass the buck on
    There are 3 possibilities as far as I can see.

1) The deathmark feat really is bugged and DR’s Deathmarks should be counting. (I don’t think this is massively likely, given that the mechanics of DR’s lead ability show that the enemy leader inflicts deathmark).

2) The Devs created the “inflict deathmark” feat without realising that DR’s deathmark wouldn’t count.

3) The Devs created the “inflict deathmark” feat knowing full well that DR’s deathmark wouldn’t count.

The beauty of this is that, no matter which of those 3 scenarios is the reality, none of them are acceptable.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    There’s a whole other thread on this. Even though DR’s kit doesn’t say so, CG claims that the enemy is inflicting it on themselves. AKA another bug that CG is trying to pass the buck on

1) The deathmark feat really is bugged and DR’s Deathmarks should be counting. (I don’t think this is massively likely, given that the mechanics of DR’s lead ability show that the enemy leader inflicts deathmark).

2) The Devs created the “inflict deathmark” feat without realising that DR’s deathmark wouldn’t count.

3) The Devs created the “inflict deathmark” feat knowing full well that DR’s deathmark wouldn’t count.

The beauty of this is that, no matter which of those 3 scenarios is the reality, none of them are acceptable.

Lol. I couldn't agree with you more. With the way things go with this crew, I think your likely answer is #2, but now that this feat is being questioned they will try and say it's WAI due to semantics with the way things work internally in the code... which is flat out garbage and ridiculous. The way Darth Revan's Lord of the Sith leadership ability is worded, there is no way that anyone would think that any character other than Darth Revan himself is inflicting the deathmark.

Which is my biggest issue with all of this. If it's 2, that would also explain why SLK & Padme's stuns don't count. Which really begs the question what are the QA team even testing?
  • Deathmark plus ... debuffs not counting if you defeat the characters plus ... defeats not counting if they die by thermal dets ... plus all the other stuff with these feats shows how poorly planned this was. They just threw random feats into the mix and didn't bother to figure out if the mechanics of their own game would make them even a bigger problem than they already were. Why should it be up to the community to figure these things out? These are all mistakes they are now trying, "Oh, well, ackshually".
  • Apparently they really wanted to drive engagement and time commitment. Double checking on all sorts of stuff via third party tools is mandatory now.

Jokes aside, this is simply not ok. All necessary basic information to play the game and succeed in challenges has to be in the game. That includes correct and applicable descriptions of character abilities.

If there are people who want to enhance their knowledge of how the game works on the level of coding they can do this. But these people set the bar for what is expected of players nowadays.
  • Anyone know if this feat is bugged? I used dr, got deathmark on the leader and it didn’t count
  • Its due to DR not actually applying the deathmark himself, but rather the enemy applying it to themselves so it doesnt count.

Only the deathtrooper can do this feat.
  • Wow, thanks. Wish that was clearer
  • Wow, thanks. Wish that was clearer

It is if you read the forums and/or Reddit like CG apparently expects you to. Since his kit explicitly does not mention that the enemy applied it to themselves. But ask them and they say it is WAI!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Wow, thanks. Wish that was clearer

I agree
  • Hi SWGOH community!

Before I posted this, I noticed that there's a lot of bugs found across all the sectors already even after the patch! Wow.

So I just found another one, if someone could help me verify it that would be great (a few guildmates already confirmed it as well).

In Conquest Hard mode, Sector 5 - there's a feat which requires you to inflict Deathmark on the enemy 10 times. Darth Revan's deathmark (or any other Sith Empire) doesn't work. My guildmate said that his Relic Death Trooper's deathmark works fine - but I don't have that; my G12 DT will obviously get trampled over.

Hope this can get some attention (along with all the other plethora of Conquest bugs) can get fixed soon.

Cheers
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    It appears this is normal. It’s all in the code and we should know the inner workings of the code better.

When using DR, these enemies inflict deathmark on themselves, and damaging them with debuffs like DOT’s doesn’t kill them, they actually kill themselves.

• This game of ours is hard to play,
    I'm gonna lose it anyway,
    The data card, I'll some day lay,
    So this is all I have to say...
  • Crayons wrote: »
    It appears this is normal. It’s all in the code and we should know the inner workings of the code better.

When using DR, these enemies inflict deathmark on themselves, and damaging them with debuffs like DOT’s doesn’t kill them, they actually kill themselves.

While not diagreing with your point, those self same mechanics are stupid.

"Enemies inflict deathmatk on themselves". Er, OK. Makes sense. 🤦‍♂️