Is broke Sacrifice in CPIT too

CrysSyling
41 posts Member
edited September 2021
Shaak-Ti and 501st used to be a pretty reliable squad in CPIT in P2 and P3. What usually would happen is one of the clones would get devoured, they would remain alive and 5's would sacrifice. But in my guild's first attempt in CPIT since the "great nerf of 2021", that behavior no longer works. The clone who gets devoureed dies, doesn't come back to life and 5's still sacrifices, so I no longer an just 1 clone down, I am 2 clones down.

https://youtu.be/uvlpUdKGTfI
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• From what I see, Fives “sacrified” for the Rancor’s AoE, which prevented Arc Trooper from dying from the AoE but didn’t heal him because he had Healing Immunity. Then the Rancor devoured Arc Trooper. Then at the end of the turn Fives died from the sacrifice.

I’m also pretty sure Fives’ Sacrifice and similar things don’t trigger off Instant Defeats, but I haven’t seen it definitively.
  • This video was my 5th attempt. The previous 4 had similar behavior. 2 other times devour triggers Sac but the clone who got devoured did not remain alive. I also had a case where the clone did not survive when Sac was triggered through regular attacks and not devour
  • Do you have a video of Devour definitively triggering the Sacrifice? Because you can clearly see Rex getting some Protection after the AoE but before Devour.

Fives’ sacrifice isn’t like Savior, it doesn’t prevent a unit from dying the entire turn. Massive damage from multiple sources/hits in one turn can trigger Fives and then do enough damage to still kill the activating clone.
  • I'll admit, i rarely run clones in P3. I normally use them in P2. So devour normally happens sooner with everyone having more health. It seems like Sac is still happening, but the devoured clone isn't staying alive. That's my concern.
  • Fives Sacrifice only saves the clone from the single source of Damage that would have killed the clone. In this video, that’s the Rancor AoE. Anything that happens after that can kill that clone, even in the same turn. (I.e. a Droideka with enough Charge can kill a clone through Sacrifice.)

From what I can see on a quick search, Cpit does allow sacrifice from Devour. But here the Sacrifice triggered off of the AoE. Arc was protected from dying from that, but he’s not protected for the rest of the turn.