New Data Disks are boring.

Prev1
Is it just me or are the new data disks just plain boring? None of them do anything truly exciting like the old batches did and all i see node after node is the power disk or tenacity buffs... Have they tweaked the rng to suck out the variety?

Also i doubt its a bug and just poor management on my part, but the disk that gives turn meter when gaining buffs is completely debilitating to SLKR, and I for one do not appreciate having to waste conquest energy juggling data disks around between matches. I much preferred previous conquests where i could make disk builds that worked for many teams, not just one or two.

Replies

• Read SLKR kit. TM gains reduce max health and max protection.

I agree that the current set of discs is mostly boring. And the ones that are actually offered to me are the most boring.
  • Read SLKR kit. TM gains reduce max health and max protection.

I agree that the current set of discs is mostly boring. And the ones that are actually offered to me are the most boring.

Yeah i understand his kit but my frustration is that the disks are supposedly adding positive additions to the fight but that disk isn't, not for SLKR teams anyway which is how I get through most of conquest...
    In a just world the turn meter wouldnt activate his unique but CG would never be so kind lol ...
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    TM gain disks being detrimental is not a bug, nor is it new. Not everyone has SLKR and those that do can simply choose other disks.

I like the increased variety of disks and being able to swap them for energy rather than currency. If you haven't figured out good combos yet, that's something for you to work on.

• I've actually really liked some of the new disks.

The out of turn attacks disks are cool & I really rate the Critical Debuffs disks.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The change to swaps costing energy was terrible.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    TM gain disks being detrimental is not a bug, nor is it new. Not everyone has SLKR and those that do can simply choose other disks.

I like the increased variety of disks and being able to swap them for energy rather than currency. If you haven't figured out good combos yet, that's something for you to work on.

Good combos are hard to achieve when at the mercy of rng and CG changing the game every conquest! I had good combos in the past, now theyre unfortunately gone with the disk changes. It is what it is. IMO the overall disk powers have been dulled down, probably in an effort to make conquest last longer and get people to spend more crystals on refreshes. Hence why I say they've become boring - in all previous conquests there have been a few disks that are great to get but now its a toss up between a few basic buffs.
    And on the variety of disks, i am mid sector 3 and have not seen it yet lol.

Also the change to energy costs for disk swaps is categorically bad. You recharge one battle chance every 3 hours, 6 chances a day and it costs you a whole chance to swap 1 disk. It should cost you a chance to swap as many as you please if anything.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Better than currency though.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »

Well, yes, but still, when you combine it with the energy cost going up, and the insane feat repetitiveness, it wasn’t a good idea.
  • The distribution of discs is still utterly awful, still seeing duplication of the same garbage on the same path choice, make it less a RNG fest, and a little more control please, you know, make the game fun to play...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Absolutely disagree.

I capped currency multiple times before I reached the first Maul mode.

Energy now costs crystals.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Respectfully disagree.

Conquest currency is a limited resource with only one source. Crystals are much more readily available and can be acquired in multiple ways.
  • Xcien wrote: »

Well, yes, but still, when you combine it with the energy cost going up, and the insane feat repetitiveness, it wasn’t a good idea.
    The increased energy cost per battle combined with the increase in feats required to achieve a particular loot box is the real problem here.
  • The only disks I loved now are Leader enhancement and Protection Recover by out turn damage.
    Really useful after they nerf TM disks

absolutely 100% agree.

and now, to maximize the Energy because of how insane the Feats are, (harder work for the same low rewards) every Energy tick counts.

It actually has stopped me from switching out Data Disks.

This change has done the exact opposite of the of encouraging swapping..

The increased energy cost per battle combined with the increase in feats required to achieve a particular loot box is the real problem here.

that's the issue.. a 1-2 sucker punch, below the belt, uncalled for and bad form..
  • Booming Voice data disk is a beast!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Respectfully disagree.

Conquest currency is a limited resource with only one source. Crystals are much more readily available and can be acquired in multiple ways.

It may be limited for you, but I keep capping it. I have more use for crystals, especially now that refreshing is required to get Maul.
  • 50 crystals for 120 energy means 2.4 energy units per crystal so a 7 energy swap costs you 3 crystals I prefer that over the conquest currency I by no means am thrilled with it but I do prefer that of the two options
  • That critical debuff, evasion thingy, reduce cooldown via evasion, and entrenched made my Padme squad super useful
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Respectfully disagree.

It may be limited for you, but I keep capping it. I have more use for crystals, especially now that refreshing is required to get Maul.
    Conquest currency is limited for everyone. It can only be earned during a.Conquest event and only a fixed amount is available each event. There is no other way to acquire it.

Your ability to hug the artificially low cap imposed on it by CG does not alter or negate any of those facts. It does however clearly illustrate why CG imposed that cap.
  • Its not the data disc which are boring - the whole new conquest is. Repeating garbanzo with groups no one wants to play and repeat that 14 times.
  • Next thing CG will “listen to us” and change the disk swap to cost us credits instead, but in their usual tone deaf manner every attempt to fight in conquest will now cost 10 million credits as well to increase our engagement.

Yep
  • Never expect CG to add fun. The Deployable Cool Systems were so fun it was a mistake and quickly removed.

Imagine the chaos at CG. OMG we did something fun !!!! This has to end !! Lets put boring useless stuff and ask people to pay for it !
  • I'm going to push back on deployable cooling disks being this bastion of fun and joy. Everything boiled down to using the same 2 teams over and over again and finishing the event in two days. Did you people really enjoy just watching GMY jump non-stop for 2 minutes until everyone was dead? I actually enjoy all the new theory crafting and combos that are coming out

Plenty of other things worthy of complaining about but this is not one of them in my eyes
  • Defensive formation is pretty fun.
    1-2x leaders resolve, some defensive formation and you can watch GAS go into his (nearly) unkillable pew pew mode even in sector 5.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Which theorycrafting lol. Sector 5, you are mandatory to use a GL or you are outspeed and lose your energy.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Which theorycrafting lol. Sector 5, you are mandatory to use a GL or you are outspeed and lose your energy.

Did you read the post directly above your own?
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Defensive formation is pretty fun.
    1-2x leaders resolve, some defensive formation and you can watch GAS go into his (nearly) unkillable pew pew mode even in sector 5.

Just don't use gas vs phoenix, as I found out. The Odds modifier also prevents counters, so Sabine just attacked gas for nearly a minute before the odds ran out and he sat down. Nearly timed out, but pulled out the win. Definitely a Doh moment.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m