New Data Disks are boring.

2Next

Replies

• Legend91 wrote: »
    Defensive formation is pretty fun.
    1-2x leaders resolve, some defensive formation and you can watch GAS go into his (nearly) unkillable pew pew mode even in sector 5.

You don't need any of that for GAS to win in sector 5. You could probably throw any random disks on or no disks and still win. But that is the problem. There is no theory crafting. You either have the teams or you don't. CG clearly doesn't want low gp players finding a way through.
  • That and i get the same ones over and over again
  • The Odds is probably the most annoying modifier. At least it is now that GAS doesn’t get the 100% Steadfast Retribution that other GR teams do + Clones/Jedi have their own modifiers. Seriously, immunity to counter attacks is good enough to be a modifier almost on its own.
  • I'm going to push back on deployable cooling disks being this bastion of fun and joy. Everything boiled down to using the same 2 teams over and over again and finishing the event in two days. Did you people really enjoy just watching GMY jump non-stop for 2 minutes until everyone was dead?
    I did. I found it an amusing distraction from the monotony of the grind.

I was sad when CG removed that disk but not half as disappointed as I was when I saw the feat list for Grindquest 7.
  • I'm going to push back on deployable cooling disks being this bastion of fun and joy. Everything boiled down to using the same 2 teams over and over again and finishing the event in two days. Did you people really enjoy just watching GMY jump non-stop for 2 minutes until everyone was dead? I actually enjoy all the new theory crafting and combos that are coming out

Plenty of other things worthy of complaining about but this is not one of them in my eyes

I think DCD was pretty mindless. But the new theory crafting isn't a thing. I don't swap disks, ever, because the cost to swap disks is dumb. Should be free. But they are nickel and diming us *everywhere.* there is no respite, no haven to "try something new."

They killed theory crafting with their GL only beatable by a GL ****, and then killed it in PvE by making everything in conquest all risk and no reward.

1. Swap disk cost
    2. Energy per battle cost
    3. Insane feats
    4. Can't check opposing teams stats
    5. Remove favored disks
    6. Increase difficulty of enemy team buffs (e.g., overpreoared IV)

Then, to top it off, they reduced CAT shards. So...all bad, nothing good.
    Want to experiment? Go **** away crystals that you'll only have to spare if you are buying your way to the top of arena now that top dog GLs are the only way to play that mode.
  • That filter is pretty ridiculous. Wasn't even cursing...
  • RS358 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the new data disks just plain boring? None of them do anything truly exciting like the old batches did and all i see node after node is the power disk or tenacity buffs... Have they tweaked the rng to suck out the variety?

Also i doubt its a bug and just poor management on my part, but the disk that gives turn meter when gaining buffs is completely debilitating to SLKR, and I for one do not appreciate having to waste conquest energy juggling data disks around between matches. I much preferred previous conquests where i could make disk builds that worked for many teams, not just one or two.

Yip .... they are
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    I'm going to push back on deployable cooling disks being this bastion of fun and joy. Everything boiled down to using the same 2 teams over and over again and finishing the event in two days. Did you people really enjoy just watching GMY jump non-stop for 2 minutes until everyone was dead? I actually enjoy all the new theory crafting and combos that are coming out

Plenty of other things worthy of complaining about but this is not one of them in my eyes

I enjoyed the GMY the first few times. And then it got old, so I agree, overrated experience. And this new conquest aside, it made things way too easy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    That and i get the same ones over and over again

8bs7psnwhlvh.png
    Tell me about it. Some say that this is a good disque. Others say expose can keep you from getting feats.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Well by doing it you are giving the kill to CG.

Fun

But it is totally logical that debuff kills people like suicide and not active killing from the players. You know toons have their own life in the game and you do nothing. L O L
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    Well by doing it you are giving the kill to CG.

Fun

But it is totally logical that debuff kills people like suicide and not active killing from the players. You know toons have their own life in the game and you do nothing. L O L

This is really silly. I suppose if Vader put poison in a cup as 8 other people watched him do it and then he watched Ezra drink it and die 1 minute later, when the cops came and they asked who killed Ezra the answer would 100% not be Vader because Ezra killed himself....on the poison that Vader gave him. Meaning Vader is in no way responsible for Ezras death. That checks out.

I get that "its always been that way" but that doesn't mean its right and shouldnt change.
  • As someone who runs Padme and Clone teams, I really like the Defensive Formation disc.
  • I loved the Weak Point + Critical debuff combo (And Caustic Emissions if you feel fancy). Add Defensive Formation and GAS is not only unstoppable, but also starts countering for 300k at the 3rd or 4th attack. It's beautiful. Vader also gets pretty usefull with that combo, hitting for 300-600k at the end of the first MM, though he still needs to get a turn for that which can be hard in some cases.
  • Granolo wrote: »
    I loved the Weak Point + Critical debuff combo (And Caustic Emissions if you feel fancy). Add Defensive Formation and GAS is not only unstoppable, but also starts countering for 300k at the 3rd or 4th attack. It's beautiful. Vader also gets pretty usefull with that combo, hitting for 300-600k at the end of the first MM, though he still needs to get a turn for that which can be hard in some cases.

The failing of my roster is that it is completely Dark Side at the top, so no padme clones or GAS disk setups for me lol

Stacking offense (lowest tier mind you) is all I've been able to rely on and fm sector 4 maul was ridiculously tough. Had to use supports and 100% stamina SLKR team with thrawn to beat it. All enemies starting with 3 stacks of beskar is such a **** move... also maul taking 5 turns in a row was insane to get around. Those feats are a no go for me.
  • 7 energy per disc change is stupid. I was expecting it to be 1.

I haven't swapped discs in like 5 days and I'm almost at the red box