will you let GAS versus Rey counter stand?

Mephisto_style
5724 posts Member
edited September 2021
It's a pretty important question. Based upon your logic for The Great Nerfing, the community would think you wouldn't. But regardless, we just finished a TW where a wall of Rey teams were encouraged to be beaten by GAS 501st. Many are speculating a buff to Rey or another nerf to GAS. The community deserves more input.

Is your plan to leave it as is?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Dont nerf gas again. Actually they should revert the nerfs all together put the characters back they way they were and just buff the gls. I mean if the reason was to make gls undefeatable except by a gl just buff them. Make them immune to the effects you say you dont want to affect them instead of what you did. I do t think this game can survive anymore nerfs to hard to get characters...
  • Shhhh.... Don't give them ideas
  • People are already quitting the game over the nerfs and conquest... dont upset the players more please...
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    People are already quitting the game over the nerfs and conquest... dont upset the players more please...

I think people have a right to know what's up. The Rey thing is a lingering left-over big deal. They got rid of most of the cheese non-GL counters, but left GAS 501st as a hard counter to Rey. It is a big inconsistency that matters to the playerbase.

There are super (seemingly) easy ways to fix this, but either way the playerbase would like to know where this loose-end is going. It seems hypocritical that our entire Discord TW chat was dedicated to our guild getting all the 501st teams together to cheaply kill a Rey wall last night and today.

While I would like to see the nerds undone, I would also like to see all GLs held to the same standard by CG.
  • This is the funny part of a games life cycle when the devs can't get around their own power creep.
  • Precedent is set. Whatever works today won't tomorrow if we keep showing them why they are incompetent via video evidence of counters.

This game's required skill ceiling went from chess to Connect Four overnight (move first/have gl and opponent doesn't? Insta win!) for territory war, GAC, and pretty much every game mode that matters end game. Cg said 'skill cannot have any impact over in game rewards/ results, only buying content should matter.'

All the community has to do is NOT POST any counters to anything, keep everything in house and force them to pay someone to ETL and massage their data to report on it, test their changes, and then release. You know, like any reputable software company in existence BUT CG.

Why does CG beta in production? One social media college intern can scour the web and take your efforts and use them against the playerbase far cheaper than a business intelligence architect, or even a script kid for that matter.

Why? The community can't help itself. I watch other content creators post sometimes three times a day. That counter then disappears tomorrow. They post more. New ones nerfed. Over and over.

I stopped making videos for that reason alone. Cg uses content creator videos against the community to directly address any working counter strategy to their newest toy.

So in short, yes they have all the data. They are obviously woefully incompetent at analyzing and leveraging it. Stop helping them ruin our 5year+ entertainment, and my goodness stop monetarily rewarding them for the bait and switch.
  • Bump.

Seriously, with their recent moves, if CG isn't going to give refunds after killing counters, the least they could do is let us know early whether they will allow them to stand.
  • Is this “big nerf” that his ability that ignores taunt is now ignoring taunt?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Is this “big nerf” that his ability that ignores taunt is now ignoring taunt?

Pretty sure that is not part of the "big nerf" when people refer to it as such. Since it came about 2 weeks later and all
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Is this “big nerf” that his ability that ignores taunt is now ignoring taunt?

Pretty sure that is not part of the "big nerf" when people refer to it as such. Since it came about 2 weeks later and all

Yeah ock which is why I’m asking. I keep hearing about zombie being needed and acolyte not being useable or something. I assumed the zombie thing had to do with the taunt thing
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nah they should just nerf SEE again
  • Bump.

Seriously, with their recent moves, if CG isn't going to give refunds after killing counters, the least they could do is let us know early whether they will allow them to stand.

How will they make sure that you spend money/time on something that will be nerfed? They don't give compensation so that's another way to force you to spend money to chase after something better. The just want you to resource sink into something that is or will be useless
  • It's a pretty important question. Based upon your logic for The Great Nerfing, the community would think you wouldn't. But regardless, we just finished a TW where a wall of Rey teams were encouraged to be beaten by GAS 501st. Many are speculating a buff to Rey or another nerf to GAS. The community deserves more input.

While were at it, why not add the Darth Revan counter to JML in 3v3?

JML can be beaten by a non GL DR team in 3v3 so lets nerf DR as well then!
  • It's a pretty important question. Based upon your logic for The Great Nerfing, the community would think you wouldn't. But regardless, we just finished a TW where a wall of Rey teams were encouraged to be beaten by GAS 501st. Many are speculating a buff to Rey or another nerf to GAS. The community deserves more input.

While were at it, why not add the Darth Revan counter to JML in 3v3?

JML can be beaten by a non GL DR team in 3v3 so lets nerf DR as well then!

I know we're all being cheeky at times. But I legit think CG needs to bless GL counters at this point.
  • I've been planning on making Rey my first GL. Hope they don't let it stand. Would prefer they buff Rey instead of nerfing GAS though.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • The real question is will they let the GAS vs. Lord Vader counter stand...
  • Even if they come out and say it's WAI that doesn't mean that it's gonna stay like that and they can't change their mind several months later.

*cough* Troopers vs SEE *cough*
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Even if they come out and say it's WAI that doesn't mean that it's gonna stay like that and they can't change their mind several months later.

*cough* Troopers vs SEE *cough*

This is probably the key takeaway. I guess we shouldn't go out of our way to shore up any GL counters anymore. Sad panda
  • ^ This mindset should just apply to any character/kit/counter you've invested time, in-game, and real life resources in sadly.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    ^ This mindset should just apply to any character/kit/counter you've invested time, in-game, and real life resources in sadly.

That's saying nothing is reliable though. There is not a single person that saw messing with fracture coming. The world does not have to be that way

With Rey being my 1st, recent, and only GL, out of logical consistency based upon their own justification I want to know where they stand with 1 of very few 1-battle non-GL counters. It's a slap in the face to let 1 or 2 non-GL counters stand after wiping all the others.