Bad RNG or another secret "nerf"?

Prev1
So I just finished my Conquest 7 nodes, and did just noticed that I didn't found a single Nightsisters + Zombie team (Sector 2 boss does not count, of course)

Has anyone found one yet? Or is this another "nerf"?
And by nerf I mean that those teams were the ones that made the insane amount of repetition tasks and feats a brief thanks to zombie getting resurrected over and over, and you could do whatever you needed to in one battle (most of the times)

Replies

• i believe you just got some bad RNG this time; i got at least one NS team in each zone and two (so far) in Sector 5, and i'm not even halfway through it. However, I will say maybe there's a double-secret nerf as not a single one of those NS teams has a zombie in it. Things that may you go hmmmmm.....
  • el_mago wrote: »
    i believe you just got some bad RNG this time; i got at least one NS team in each zone and two (so far) in Sector 5, and i'm not even halfway through it. However, I will say maybe there's a double-secret nerf as not a single one of those NS teams has a zombie in it. Things that may you go hmmmmm.....

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean

I've also found NS teams on every sector, even the first 3 battles of my sector 3 are NS teams, but again, not a single one with zombie in it...
  • Too many players were getting stuck on zombie and rushing through there feats. So less zombies equals more engagement.
  • Same. NS nodes scattered around but the only Zombie is on the sector 2 boss node. They nerfed it.
  • Zombies are still in normal mode sectors
  • Because fun = endlessly grinding the same battles.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Zombies are still in normal mode sectors

With drastically reduced probability, though. Pretty much every NS team used to have Zombie, now you are lucky if you get one. And that's how it goes in this game, good things get removed while helpful improvements (like a feat counter) get ignored.
  • I think Zombies have been deliberately removed from the NS nodes and not just a result of RNG. The only zombie available is with the end boss of sector 2.
  • It's obvious that Zombies got removed because it could be used to easily complete feats.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    It's obvious that Zombies got removed because it could be used to easily complete feats.

This is the correct answer. And making the feats a slog is what CG believes is "fun and engaging" for us.

It's deliberate.

• crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    I wouldn't say it's a secret they took zombie out so you couldn't cheese the feats.

That being said, there is one on the sector 3 boss. I took a MM team on that node and got the Rebel Fighters kill easily. I suspect you can also do it for the global unaligned Force User one as well.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    I wouldn't say it's a secret they took zombie out so you couldn't cheese the feats.

That being said, there is one on the sector 3 boss. I took an MM team on that node and got the Rebel Fighters kill easily. I suspect you can also do it for the global unaligned Force User one as well.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Joebo720 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    It's obvious that Zombies got removed because it could be used to easily complete feats.

This is the correct answer. And making the feats a slog is what CG believes is "fun and engaging" for us.

It's deliberate.

Just what I thought lol

Yeah, pretty engaging indeed...
  • No zombies for me. Also no NS nodes with less than Overprepared IV until I get to sector 3.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »

It's deliberate.

It is fun and engaging. It’s forcing me to find fun and engaging activities and games outside of swgoh.

I guess gearing bad factions like Phoenix is also fun and engaging.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Joebo720 wrote: »

It's deliberate.

It is fun and engaging. It’s forcing me to find fun and engaging activities and games outside of swgoh.

Good thing that isn't necessary.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

It's deliberate.

Phoenix? You’re right Phoenix alone isn’t necessary to gear. But you have to pick some out of Phoenix, smugglers, Mandalorians, nightsisters, and deathtrooper.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

It's deliberate.

Phoenix? You’re right Phoenix alone isn’t necessary to gear. But you have to pick some out of Phoenix, smugglers, Mandalorians, nightsisters, and deathtrooper.

NS really only need assaj and OD, and you can make it work with discs.

Also, I believe those are all worth 5, and you have 35 you can miss, so even with those 5 feats (add BB for 6) you still have one more you can skip.
  • Kyno wrote: »

It's deliberate.

Also, I believe those are all worth 5, and you have 35 you can miss, so even with those 5 feats (add BB for 6) you still have one more you can skip.

What??? Mandalorians and smugglers are each 10. Deathtrooper is 15. That’s 35.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    There are some factions removed, some added, and some squad compositions changed (not just NS)

Its not a nerf when they do that, although cheesing via zombie was a popular strategy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

It's deliberate.

I didnt check those as I just got to sector 4, I was at the NS one and thought they were all 5 as we progress. Which is why I said I believe. My bad.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    There are some factions removed, some added, and some squad compositions changed (not just NS)

Its not a nerf when they do that, although cheesing via zombie was a popular strategy
    They removed a.core member of the Nightsisters squad, who by your own admission made certain feats easier to complete, from every Nightsisters node except the sector 2 boss node.

It was a nerf.

We can debate all day whether it was warranted or not but claiming that it was not a nerf is simply ludicrous.
  • Kyno wrote: »

It's deliberate.

Believe me, I wouldn’t be that upset if all of those feats were 5 each. Regardless, I’ve taken us off topic, so I’ll stop here.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member

It's deliberate.

I have no relic Phoenix, two relic Mandos thanks to other requirements (Jango and Boca Tan), four relic smugglers thanks to other requirements (han/chew/vets), two low relic NS (Daka and AV), and a G12 DT, and I will get the red box.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    And the NS are because of HSTR 1.0 (pre-SLKR) and DT is because of ships 1.0. I haven't equipped anything new or touched relics at all for conquest.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    i believe you just got some bad RNG this time; i got at least one NS team in each zone and two (so far) in Sector 5, and i'm not even halfway through it. However, I will say maybe there's a double-secret nerf as not a single one of those NS teams has a zombie in it. Things that may you go hmmmmm.....

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean

I've also found NS teams on every sector, even the first 3 battles of my sector 3 are NS teams, but again, not a single one with zombie in it...

ah, i see....reading is, in fact, fundamental; sorry that i misread that. i tawt i taw "no NS teams"; again, my bad.
  • TVF wrote: »
    And the NS are because of HSTR 1.0 (pre-SLKR) and DT is because of ships 1.0. I haven't equipped anything new or touched relics at all for conquest.

Well I guess since you represent 99.9% of the swgoh (me representing the other 0.1%), I’ll have to withdraw my comment. I didn’t realize everyone else had already geared everyone.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

They removed a.core member of the Nightsisters squad, who by your own admission made certain feats easier to complete, from every Nightsisters node except the sector 2 boss node.

It was a nerf.

We can debate all day whether it was warranted or not but claiming that it was not a nerf is simply ludicrous.

Its not a nerf, in fact NS teams are easier to beat, so its a buff for us

It can be viewed as a nerf if your only goal is to chase X kills feats
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

It was a nerf.

Its not a nerf, in fact NS teams are easier to beat, so its a buff for us

It can be viewed as a nerf if your only goal is to chase X kills feats

The math rather indicates you have to chase some of them. Since Zombie's introduction, I've not seen an NS team without her in it so she's a rather integral part of the squad.

Also everyone plz raise your hand if beating NS teams was difficult in conquest for you. Cuz I've always found it easy.