Galactic Chase Poll- Why not a new ship?

Replies

• Range1974 wrote: »
    Why am I trying to take a survey that does not accept this forums account or my ea account? How many accounts do I need to play now? Don’t forget my Apple account…

I got to the login (my Google account is current) and it just keeps reloading the login screen, busted as ...kittens.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I think this is a positive move as it's aimed more at newer players

Completely agree! We need more of these to help newer players close the gap some on long-time players, so that we're all playing in the same zip code.

Frankly, I thought the whole reason they introduced Kyros was so that they could ease the stun gun crunch on newer players. Sadly, I was wrong.
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I think this is a positive move as it's aimed more at newer players

Completely agree! We need more of these to help newer players close the gap some on long-time players, so that we're all playing in the same zip code.

Frankly, I thought the whole reason they introduced Kyros was so that they could ease the stun gun crunch on newer players. Sadly, I was wrong.

Lol, stun gun crunch relief. That's a good one 😂
  • Help_me
    35 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Why not do something constructive that doesn't require spend of some type of spending to take advantage of? This is not player friendly. Pretty lame that everything being pushed out to the community promotes spending.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Help_me wrote: »
    Why not do something constructive that doesn't require spend of some type of spending to take advantage of? This is not player friendly. Pretty lame that everything being pushed out to the community promotes spending.

Not everything. Accelerated farms and Galactic Chases are freebies.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Help_me wrote: »

Not everything. Accelerated farms and Galactic Chases are freebies.

Unless you spend to refresh nodes or buy more energy.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Was hoping we would get Admiral Trench…
    auiwlk9fvt3o.jpeg
    auiwlk9fvt3o.jpeg

Pretty sure we will at some point. The model is already and I doubt they would make such a model without plans to add him. He’s one of the most asked for toons, Hondo being the first I believe.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Why would we poll or want a ship that is already in game and most already have? How about a new ship and poll for the faction of that ship... Make it interesting CG, quit being lazy...

I was wondering why they went this route.
  • Help_me wrote: »

Free stuff that reduces the amount of GET2 needed isn't player friendly?

Okay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Why not put both in? Nego with light side battles and Mal with dark side battles then players can choose which they want to go after? They put all the geos in but at different places
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Why would we poll or want a ship that is already in game and most already have? How about a new ship and poll for the faction of that ship... Make it interesting CG, quit being lazy...
    New ships have always been introduced as Galactic Chases

I must've either missed those, or simply not remember them.

What are Galactic Chases?

They did one recently for Razor Crest. They drop the shards as extra drops on farming nodes.

Gotcha, thank you!!!
    Some of the Swgoh terminology escapes me 👍
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Was hoping we would get Admiral Trench…
    auiwlk9fvt3o.jpeg

Pretty sure we will at some point. The model is already and I doubt they would make such a model without plans to add him. He’s one of the most asked for toons, Hondo being the first I believe.

I thought the most asked-for character was Bikini Leia GL Jabba the Hutt?

They really missed out when they put Malev in game & made GG a fleet commander.

I would have added Trench back then & added his flagship Providence class instead of the Mal

GG would have been better as the crew of his personal fighter.

They realize how negative the community is about the game right now due to the nerfs and conquest 7, so they’re trying to make us feel more positive about the game by making us feel involved. It’s just a small move to win over some positive PR.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

They realize how negative the community is about the game right now due to the nerfs and conquest 7, so they’re trying to make us feel more positive about the game by making us feel involved. It’s just a small move to win over some positive PR.

It’s sad that they have ignored everything the player base has said about the nerfs, the new bug-filled Grindquest, buffs to JMK to make him harder to defeat, the Executor disaster, R9, and the extreme requirements for LV; then do this Galactic Chase Poll to try to win the player base back, and pretend like everything that has happened over the last two months never happened.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

It’s sad that they have ignored everything the player base has said about the nerfs, the new bug-filled Grindquest, buffs to JMK to make him harder to defeat, the Executor disaster, R9, and the extreme requirements for LV; then do this Galactic Chase Poll to try to win the player base back, and pretend like everything that has happened over the last two months never happened.

None of the things you complained about are really relevant, but I'll bite.

Conquest - worse than before but not as bad as I initially feared

Buffs to JMK - yes please. He's newer than the others, he should be better

Exectuor - what disaster lol

R9 - remains to be seem

LV - power creep means requirement creep
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wow, I get the complaints about conquest & the great nerf, but about these chases? Wow…
  • SWBSD wrote: »
    Wow, I get the complaints about conquest & the great nerf, but about these chases? Wow…

Yeah. There's a lot of people here who you could give $50US and they'd complain about the color.
  • I dont want to complain about the Chase, but I am still coming from a different angle.

First of: what do we benefit from this event? - most likely blue currency, which is nice, okay, I'll take it, thanks.
    Those who dont have these capital ships - are they really going to vote on this? Are they forum-readers? They must be pretty new players, newer than 2 years I would say, and I also think it is a safe bet to say that only a small amount of them is engaged on the forum.

Second: Malev OR Nego? I kinda think it is going to be Malev AND Nego. Which one first? Srsly who cares...

Why even ask for a feedback on a topic sooooo marginal? There will be probably 2 events and you can give a feedback on their order? Really? The impact of the decision is pretty much nonexistant for the voters - your are getting blue for Malev and blue for Nego too if you are owner of a 2yo account (or older).

So my complaint is that I reaally dont see the point in any of this. The login reward has a bigger impact on the new players than this decision will....

• This chase is a complete slap in the face to everyone who took the time to farm these guild event store "exclusive" ships that required tons of get2. Why not round out the fleets that don't have enough ships for a full fleet?
  • This chase is a complete slap in the face to everyone who took the time to farm these guild event store "exclusive" ships that required tons of get2. Why not round out the fleets that don't have enough ships for a full fleet?

I don't think it is a complete slap in the face. At least it is shard shop currency if you already farmed them. But I do agree that they need to round out some other fleets that are lacking as well.

• I've been playing less than 2 years and I appreciate CG choosing Nego or Mal as the October Galactic chase.

It’s not a slap in the face. You know how many crystals it will cost to go from 0 to 330? It’s fine. Relax. Touch grass. Take some deep breaths.

I finished farming both the hard way a long time ago. If I’d known I could just wait a year and a half or however long to finish my farms by a galactic chase I’d have laughed and said forget that who cares.
  • Being given free stuff, even if you already bought the thing before, is in no way like being slapped in the face. You even are getting this free thing with a way to trade it for something you really want.

No slaps involved. Maybe a pat on the back.
  • fingers crossed I can get the 40 shards i need to finish the negotiator, I could use some happy news for SWGOH right now.
  • Hothballs wrote: »
    I've been playing less than 2 years and I appreciate CG choosing Nego or Mal as the October Galactic chase.

Same here. I think the long time players dont see this for what it is - a small opportunity to close the gap for people that haven't been playing for 5 years.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    I’m personally glad about this, since I haven’t finished farming Nego and Mal, so this will definitely help speed it up.

I actually take this as a knife in the back from CG. Both Malevolence and Negotiator are dominate capital ships and all the valuable GET2 currency used to get them was crucial. Now newer player will be able to get shards for "free". I am sorry but no. If you do this I want GET2 currency for selling the shards not shard shop currency.